Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Olympics 16:12 - Jul 20 with 52453 viewsDr_Winston

Can't wait. 2012 was awesome and I'm hoping for more of the same.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Olympics on 20:16 - Aug 17 with 1702 viewstrampie

The Olympics on 20:01 - Aug 17 by ImAlrightJack

Rubbish, it's one of the worse if you ignore places like Somalia, Liberia and any other dangerous country. Wales should be a soverigty, it would then be the best one by FAR!!.

Your post reeks of jingolism, it actually made me ill. Wales is made all the more worse off being part of this corrupt "union sovereign state", as well as Scotland NI I'm not too sure would be okay alone, but that's not the point. Your post was one of the worse things I've ever read during my time on this forum, almost as bad as Darran's England matchday threads.

God, if the only thing England has to boast about is running or pedalling round a track, making a horse dance and getting a medal for it, then Jesus wept.

Obviously an independent Wales would be the best sovereign state in the World but Wales is not independent at the moment, Wales is currently part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Olympics on 20:17 - Aug 17 with 1701 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Olympics on 20:16 - Aug 17 by trampie

Obviously an independent Wales would be the best sovereign state in the World but Wales is not independent at the moment, Wales is currently part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Welcome to geography for beginners, kids.

Poll: Tory leader

The Olympics on 20:39 - Aug 17 with 1680 viewsSwansNZ

The Olympics on 20:14 - Aug 17 by Wingstandwood

I am no maritime expert and I could be wrong? But the one sport that I question (maybe I'm wrong?) is sailing events? If a sailing craft is of better-build quality and is sailing in a more favorable stretch of water to gain better advantage from tide/wind currents does winning a medal come down more to luck than a 'competitors' skill and training?

If so? Why the f#ck is sailing in the Olympics in the first place?

I believe all boats are of the same build.
Taking advantage of more favourable wind/sea conditions is down to the skill of the sailor, not luck — not over 12+ races.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Olympics on 20:44 - Aug 17 with 1675 viewsDr_Winston

The Olympics on 20:39 - Aug 17 by SwansNZ

I believe all boats are of the same build.
Taking advantage of more favourable wind/sea conditions is down to the skill of the sailor, not luck — not over 12+ races.

If Sailing is down to luck then Ben Ainslie is very lucky to win four consecutive gold medals. And also an America's Cup.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Olympics on 20:55 - Aug 17 with 1653 viewsSwansNZ

GB v NZ in women’s hockey semi-final coming up

The Olympics on 21:09 - Aug 17 with 1626 viewstrampie

The Dutch beat the Germans in a penalty shoot out in the other semi, the Dutch only scored one of their first three pens and the Germans scored their first two pens, yet the Dutch still won.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

The Olympics on 21:14 - Aug 17 with 1621 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Olympics on 19:51 - Aug 17 by ImAlrightJack

How long am I going to hear how many medals Laura Trott has won and who her other half is for the God knows how long for the rest of my life!?.

F*ck the union and its bought second place in the medals table, it's just all lottery funding unlike most countries, while very little of it goes to Welsh, Scottish and NI athletes anyway.

If Wales was independent where would we be?, and how would we rank per capita?.

Only 4 more days and this jingolistic tripe is over for another four more years, then the media can concentrate on a real proper sport (football obviously). Am suprised the media slagging off of England's international footballer's like 4 years ago after the Olympics hasn't started yet......

Aye, throwing money at sport and buying second place in the medals table is disgraceful.

Proper sport like football wouldn't embrace a structure where throwing money at it is rewarded at any price.

Thank god for the Premier League.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Olympics on 21:19 - Aug 17 with 1611 viewstrampie

The Olympics on 21:14 - Aug 17 by Joe_bradshaw

Aye, throwing money at sport and buying second place in the medals table is disgraceful.

Proper sport like football wouldn't embrace a structure where throwing money at it is rewarded at any price.

Thank god for the Premier League.

Login to get fewer ads

The Olympics on 21:53 - Aug 17 with 1579 viewsjackrabbit

The Olympics on 21:19 - Aug 17 by trampie

It's intensely curious to me how, no matter what positive, enjoyable event takes place, bringing entertainment and pride through our success, some tw@t has to try to rain on the parade. These people must spend every day of their lives looking for things to be negative about. Very sad. I think the collective term is 'losers'.
The Olympics on 22:27 - Aug 17 with 1555 viewsSwansNZ

The Olympics on 20:55 - Aug 17 by SwansNZ

GB v NZ in women’s hockey semi-final coming up

GB 3-0 up - looking very good for Gold/Silver

The Olympics on 22:30 - Aug 17 with 1548 viewstrampie

GB taking a hammering in the women's hockey, not on the scoreboard but in the amount of injuries GB players are suffering.

The Olympics on 13:11 - Aug 18 with 1435 viewsCopperJack

The Olympics on 19:51 - Aug 17 by ImAlrightJack

How long am I going to hear how many medals Laura Trott has won and who her other half is for the God knows how long for the rest of my life!?.

F*ck the union and its bought second place in the medals table, it's just all lottery funding unlike most countries, while very little of it goes to Welsh, Scottish and NI athletes anyway.

If Wales was independent where would we be?, and how would we rank per capita?.

Only 4 more days and this jingolistic tripe is over for another four more years, then the media can concentrate on a real proper sport (football obviously). Am suprised the media slagging off of England's international footballer's like 4 years ago after the Olympics hasn't started yet......

Oh heavens, do people actually believe this nationalistic rubbish? What evidence do you have to support your ludicrous claim that 'very little of it goes to Welsh'...athletes?'. If you look at the women's cycling in the velodrome, 1 of the 4 is Welsh, so 25%. We make up a fraction of the UK population, so that hardly supports your anti-English claim does it?

You talk about jingoistic tripe, I bet you were more than happy to support it in the summer for the Euros. And, in fairness, 2 days ago Laura Trott & Jason Kenny because our most successful Olympians, of their gender. Something worth celebrating, I'd have thought. Or would you rather keep making a fuss over Hal Robson Kanu's goal in the Euros?

As mentioned, sport, all sport, is about investment. Unlike other countries, we've done it the right way, pumped money into producing the best athletes in the world and stopped us being an international laughing stock. Loving the Olympics, great to see us so good at something.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The Olympics on 13:20 - Aug 18 with 1433 viewsmonmouth

"pumped money into producing the best athletes in the world and stopped us being an international laughing stock"

Hmmm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/17/olympics-hysteria-britain-

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Olympics on 13:45 - Aug 18 with 1423 viewsCopperJack

The Olympics on 13:20 - Aug 18 by monmouth

"pumped money into producing the best athletes in the world and stopped us being an international laughing stock"

Hmmm

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/17/olympics-hysteria-britain-

Ah the Guardian, the paper to turn too when you need a good dose of left-wing sanctimonious tosh. Yes, pretty much since like 1912 we've been rubbish in the Olympics. All countries take international sport seriously, whether it's football, rugby, cricket, olympics etc. Thanks to these athletes, their dedication and that of their team and the investment made, we're punching waaaay above our weight. Heaven forbid we take pride in this achievement...

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The Olympics on 13:53 - Aug 18 with 1417 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Silver in the Hal Robson Canoeing.

The Olympics on 15:24 - Aug 18 with 1386 viewspikeypaul

Triathlon is currently in progress great race.

Brownlee brothers doing Great Britain proud so far.Would
be happy for either to get a medal.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Olympics on 16:12 - Aug 18 with 1375 viewsDr_Winston

The Olympics on 15:24 - Aug 18 by pikeypaul

Triathlon is currently in progress great race.

Brownlee brothers doing Great Britain proud so far.Would
be happy for either to get a medal.

A 1-2 would be nice.

The Olympics on 16:22 - Aug 18 with 1366 viewsmonmouth

The Olympics on 13:45 - Aug 18 by CopperJack

Ah the Guardian, the paper to turn too when you need a good dose of left-wing sanctimonious tosh. Yes, pretty much since like 1912 we've been rubbish in the Olympics. All countries take international sport seriously, whether it's football, rugby, cricket, olympics etc. Thanks to these athletes, their dedication and that of their team and the investment made, we're punching waaaay above our weight. Heaven forbid we take pride in this achievement...

I think you took the wrong point. I am very happy and proud to see my countrymen and women doing well. I think it is a shining example of endeavour, commitment and guts.

What it emphatically does not do is affect whether we are an international laughing stock or not. To try and use it for that purpose by disproportionately funding it at the expense of other things is exactly what eastern europe did when they had f**k all else to crow about except making Trabs and Ladas.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Olympics on 16:33 - Aug 18 with 1361 viewsCountyJim

The Olympics on 16:12 - Aug 18 by Dr_Winston

A 1-2 would be nice.

Fantastic and they dont even take a drink just chuck it on themselves
The Olympics on 16:49 - Aug 18 with 1349 viewspikeypaul

Amazing performance from the brothers.

Another gold and silver for GB.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2016 16:50]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Olympics on 16:54 - Aug 18 with 1340 viewsDr_Winston

Reet grand.

The Olympics on 17:45 - Aug 18 with 1301 viewsChrisSCFC

Sailing gold confirmed. GB up to 21.
The Olympics on 17:48 - Aug 18 with 1295 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Olympics on 17:45 - Aug 18 by ChrisSCFC

Sailing gold confirmed. GB up to 21.

One of those two girls is Welsh too.

The Olympics on 18:14 - Aug 18 with 1274 viewsDr_Winston

Nicola Adams secures either Gold or Silver.

The Olympics on 19:09 - Aug 18 with 1249 viewsCountyJim

The Olympics on 18:14 - Aug 18 by Dr_Winston

Nicola Adams secures either Gold or Silver.

Shes brilliant isnt she breath of fresh air

You just want to give her a Cwtch
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024