Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lillis 15:25 - Aug 6 with 15279 viewsbazingadale

Why did we give him a new deal? Rip it up
Lillis on 18:11 - Aug 6 with 3685 viewsAtThePeake

Lillis on 18:08 - Aug 6 by SuddenLad

Long ago - that's not news aout Conrad Logan.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 18:10]

Never said it was, just pointing out that he doesn't have a club.

Tangled up in blue.

Lillis on 19:06 - Aug 6 with 3480 viewsbazingadale

Lillis on 17:59 - Aug 6 by roccydaleian

Bazinga/all your others names , do one you fookin pleb.

I have one user name Ian and I have every right to post this after today
Lillis on 19:52 - Aug 6 with 3313 viewsdeeplishblue

Fortunately BD there is a link on this site which allows us to see all the posts that you've made. So no one has to work too hard to see what a tool you are.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Lillis on 19:59 - Aug 6 with 3280 viewsbazingadale

Lillis on 19:52 - Aug 6 by deeplishblue

Fortunately BD there is a link on this site which allows us to see all the posts that you've made. So no one has to work too hard to see what a tool you are.

Yeah I've stepped out of line a few times in heats of the moment after games which results in certain posters targeting me. I sacrificed a lot to go to the game today and just to watch lillis come flying out thinking he's superman when he resembled Eddie the Eagle more is infuriating, I have a right to be aggrieved
Lillis on 20:01 - Aug 6 with 3273 viewssandy_dale

Let's be honest. Today wasn't just about Josh making mistakes. Clearly, like last season, our left back position was our weakest and it was exploited. Our biggest names; Allen, Camps, Hendo, McDermott and NML were below par and we started with Bunney who must have something over Hilly to still be here, never mind get a game. Secondly, Keith Hill seemed to insinuate on GMR that the game was lost because we expect to much of the team. Baffling. IMO of course.
Lillis on 20:13 - Aug 6 with 3214 viewsboromat

Few over reactions on here. Yes he dropped a clanger for the third and he was obviously devastated, one of the problems with being a goal keeper one mistake can change games. I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Lillis on 20:26 - Aug 6 with 3163 viewsTalkingSutty

Lillis on 18:03 - Aug 6 by 442Dale

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned about how the back four were left exposed by the construction of the midfield. Posh didn't have much possession in the second half but every time they did we looked in danger.

Still can't work out what Henderson was supposed to be doing.

Lillis swept the board at the end of season awards for a reason... he's a good keeper.

Henderson is wasted in the position he played today, like he wasn't aware of what he should be doing.He made a couple of suicidal square passes to the opposition and was notorious for bollocking everybody else on the pitch apart from himself,surprised those team mates didn't tell him to *uck off,he needs to take ownership for his own poor play.

He's our main goalscoring threat so Hill withdraws him from that role and negates his main strength. Not a bad performance today but nowhere near solid enough.

The whole set up looked muddled and over thought, rather than playing to our own players strengths. Twice in the lead and then losing indicates poor play from the home team and a soft underbellly. Posh where a decent outfit but we made our own problems today.

RNL was in his training kit on the car park prior to the game,why not on the bench with Hooper?

Cannon was immense today and showed far more than Allen and Camps.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 20:37]
Lillis on 20:26 - Aug 6 with 3161 viewsleedsdale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/10525991/roc

Oh dear.
Login to get fewer ads

Lillis on 20:48 - Aug 6 with 3093 viewsSalwaDale

Hmm, McNulty on the programme cover and the Q & A session and he was at fault for all 3 goals. Caught out of position and didn't attack the ball for the first, way out of position for the second making a challenge and failed to clear for the third. Very unlucky to be punished for his mistakes but that's how it goes sometimes. As for the lopsided formation, I'm still confused.

Having said that, I thought there were two pretty good sides on the pitch. Players who had off days are not the useless lumps some people seem to think. On to the next one. Thought we were tremendous down the right hand side, both in attack and defence.

TBBT

Lillis on 20:51 - Aug 6 with 3072 viewsSwissdale

Lillis on 20:26 - Aug 6 by leedsdale

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/10525991/roc

Oh dear.

Shocking goal to concede that third. Two chances to claim the ball and Lillis didn't take either. Massive confidence player is josh, lets hope he bounces back on Tuesday - we know he's a quality keeper when he's on form.

Our real weakness was our left hand side today - Jim McNulty simply isn't a left back and was really poor. Not only was he beaten 9 times out of 10, but looks so uncomfortable going forwards and put so many bad crosses when in good positions.

Hendo will probably go home and pat himself on the back for bagging a goal bonus, but again he was below par. Needs to play up top and leave the wide play to Donal.
Lillis on 20:55 - Aug 6 with 3047 viewsSwissdale

Lillis on 20:48 - Aug 6 by SalwaDale

Hmm, McNulty on the programme cover and the Q & A session and he was at fault for all 3 goals. Caught out of position and didn't attack the ball for the first, way out of position for the second making a challenge and failed to clear for the third. Very unlucky to be punished for his mistakes but that's how it goes sometimes. As for the lopsided formation, I'm still confused.

Having said that, I thought there were two pretty good sides on the pitch. Players who had off days are not the useless lumps some people seem to think. On to the next one. Thought we were tremendous down the right hand side, both in attack and defence.

He's one of Keith's faves though.

Says it all that he was our only ever present last season despite putting in numerous bad performances.
Lillis on 20:59 - Aug 6 with 3008 viewsTalkingSutty

Lillis on 20:01 - Aug 6 by sandy_dale

Let's be honest. Today wasn't just about Josh making mistakes. Clearly, like last season, our left back position was our weakest and it was exploited. Our biggest names; Allen, Camps, Hendo, McDermott and NML were below par and we started with Bunney who must have something over Hilly to still be here, never mind get a game. Secondly, Keith Hill seemed to insinuate on GMR that the game was lost because we expect to much of the team. Baffling. IMO of course.

Its Hills modus operandi to blame defeats on expectation. If he expects improvement which he said he did, then 10th place means converting it to maybe the Play Offs, or am i missing something??

He'll never control the Football Supporters so why does he even try? Why does it seem to bother him so much because he's the only manager who seems to get upset about the fans expectations.Its to stay in league one but Hilly doesn't want to listen to that. His interviews are just full of contradictions,its funny

My Grandma used to always play Roger Whittakers ' Last Farewell ' on the record player every Sunday afternoon,It got very monotonous. Hills post match interviews are very similar. We shot ourselves in the foot against a decent Posh team,that's all that he needed to say,we all witnessed it. Not a bad performance though.

The fans expectations for this season played no part whatsoever in how todays game panned out and the manager knows it.
Lillis on 21:00 - Aug 6 with 3000 viewsJimlidale

TBF yes he made some mistakes but if he never made any mistakes I very much doubt he would be a league one keeper.
Lillis on 21:05 - Aug 6 with 2989 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lillis on 20:26 - Aug 6 by leedsdale

Oh dear.

Holy Crap.......that looks far worse than it did live from the Sandy!

Big Jim Big Flop?
Lillis on 21:13 - Aug 6 with 2945 viewsdalestats

+ some decent performances. Thought attacking wise in the first half we looked sharp and probably should have scored more

- bunney didn't play well as a target man and of course looked vulnerable defensively to pace and crosses

Poll: Remain in the eu

Lillis on 21:38 - Aug 6 with 2757 viewsD_Alien

Lillis on 20:26 - Aug 6 by TalkingSutty

Lillis swept the board at the end of season awards for a reason... he's a good keeper.

Henderson is wasted in the position he played today, like he wasn't aware of what he should be doing.He made a couple of suicidal square passes to the opposition and was notorious for bollocking everybody else on the pitch apart from himself,surprised those team mates didn't tell him to *uck off,he needs to take ownership for his own poor play.

He's our main goalscoring threat so Hill withdraws him from that role and negates his main strength. Not a bad performance today but nowhere near solid enough.

The whole set up looked muddled and over thought, rather than playing to our own players strengths. Twice in the lead and then losing indicates poor play from the home team and a soft underbellly. Posh where a decent outfit but we made our own problems today.

RNL was in his training kit on the car park prior to the game,why not on the bench with Hooper?

Cannon was immense today and showed far more than Allen and Camps.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 20:37]

"bollocking everybody else on the pitch apart from himself,surprised those team mates didn't tell him to *uck off,he needs to take ownership for his own poor play"

Wondered if anyone would comment on this. Wasted a lot of energy waving his arms at team-mates for minor mistakes, probably draining the will to live out of them. Not sure why he's captain, he's not captaincy material, either tactically or temperamentally.

Canavan for me, he's made of the right stuff.

[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 21:40]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lillis on 21:57 - Aug 6 with 2686 viewsTalkingSutty

Lillis on 21:38 - Aug 6 by D_Alien

"bollocking everybody else on the pitch apart from himself,surprised those team mates didn't tell him to *uck off,he needs to take ownership for his own poor play"

Wondered if anyone would comment on this. Wasted a lot of energy waving his arms at team-mates for minor mistakes, probably draining the will to live out of them. Not sure why he's captain, he's not captaincy material, either tactically or temperamentally.

Canavan for me, he's made of the right stuff.

[Post edited 6 Aug 2016 21:40]

Probably Captain because the fans had the audacity to criticise him following his red cards,the ones that let his team mates down.

Didn't realise he was Captain, how did Hill come to that decision? I like Henderson a lot as a Footballer but he isn't a leader of men and today highlighted that, you can't try to cover up your own poor play by having a go at your team mates, everybody sees it and contrary to popular belief the fans aren't daft.
Lillis on 21:57 - Aug 6 with 2678 viewsrich_dale

Mcnulty is always going to be a CB playing at LB - not always a bad thing, Pulis for example is making a career out of it, but in some games when you're up against pace it makes you look like a CB playing at LB.
Lillis on 22:07 - Aug 6 with 2621 viewssykeboy

Spot on , Mac does not like pace against him thought he had a poor game today although the lad Madison is some player and knew he had the beating of him
Lillis on 23:04 - Aug 6 with 2496 viewsSandyman

"Lillis was named as Supporters’ Player of the Season and also scooped two other trophies"

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/102701/lillis-and-cam

Two games later......get rid

Fickle. Refusing to believe someone can make a mistake (and it was a proper clanger today) now and again. Let's sign Joe Hart. Oh... he makes a mistake now and again too. Eee it's hard work being human and perfect in the eyes of critics.
Lillis on 23:15 - Aug 6 with 2445 viewsYouTubeDale

A draw would have been a fair result, but that's football. Bunney failed to win any headers and couldn't influence the game. Donal's corners and free kicks were woeful.

A big mistake by Lilliis at the end that cost us dearly but we shouldn't crucify him.

Camps unlucky not to find the net with his shot which just missed the post. Cannon had time to take a shot but hit it first time, well over the bar. Andrew too, hit the ball well over. At the vital moment, our players need to keep a cool head in front of goal.

Not a bad start.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Lillis on 23:20 - Aug 6 with 2426 viewsMIlnrowdale

Lillis on 23:15 - Aug 6 by YouTubeDale

A draw would have been a fair result, but that's football. Bunney failed to win any headers and couldn't influence the game. Donal's corners and free kicks were woeful.

A big mistake by Lilliis at the end that cost us dearly but we shouldn't crucify him.

Camps unlucky not to find the net with his shot which just missed the post. Cannon had time to take a shot but hit it first time, well over the bar. Andrew too, hit the ball well over. At the vital moment, our players need to keep a cool head in front of goal.

Not a bad start.

Doesn't help your 2 main midfielders having possibly there worst ever games in a dale shirt in the same match
Lillis on 23:36 - Aug 6 with 2391 viewsdownunder

Lillis on 00:06 - Aug 7 with 2330 viewsrochedale

I thought we looked a great outfit, certainly first half. Jim cost us 2. Josh cost us 1. First half we were cool, calm and collected, 2nd half, especially when Calvin came on, we seemed to panic. Calvin has a good touch, I don't understand why we feel the need to send a lond, high ball to him, all the time.

Early on, Josh flew off his line a couple of times and also acted as sweeper. Saying that, no excuse for those rag hands.

Got to take the positives, just need to stick to the game plan and not panic. Cannon was awesome. Looks like we have a great team there. Peterborough were no mugs, so no need to feel too upset.

Onwards to the next game.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Lillis on 00:16 - Aug 7 with 2305 viewsVivaDonaldo

A lot of over reaction here tonight. After watching the football show on 5 there were a lot worse goalkeeping performances (in particular Shrewsbury).

The trouble about playing there is your mistakes are magnified and game changing.

Onto the next one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024