Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lillis 15:25 - Aug 6 with 15278 viewsbazingadale

Why did we give him a new deal? Rip it up
Lillis on 01:34 - Aug 7 with 2401 viewsTVOS1907

Lillis on 20:59 - Aug 6 by TalkingSutty

Its Hills modus operandi to blame defeats on expectation. If he expects improvement which he said he did, then 10th place means converting it to maybe the Play Offs, or am i missing something??

He'll never control the Football Supporters so why does he even try? Why does it seem to bother him so much because he's the only manager who seems to get upset about the fans expectations.Its to stay in league one but Hilly doesn't want to listen to that. His interviews are just full of contradictions,its funny

My Grandma used to always play Roger Whittakers ' Last Farewell ' on the record player every Sunday afternoon,It got very monotonous. Hills post match interviews are very similar. We shot ourselves in the foot against a decent Posh team,that's all that he needed to say,we all witnessed it. Not a bad performance though.

The fans expectations for this season played no part whatsoever in how todays game panned out and the manager knows it.

Maybe other influences did?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lillis on 07:11 - Aug 7 with 2314 viewsTalkingSutty

Lillis on 01:34 - Aug 7 by TVOS1907

Maybe other influences did?

Looking for a problem when there clearly isn't one there??
Lillis on 08:00 - Aug 7 with 2253 viewsrochedale

Lillis on 21:57 - Aug 6 by TalkingSutty

Probably Captain because the fans had the audacity to criticise him following his red cards,the ones that let his team mates down.

Didn't realise he was Captain, how did Hill come to that decision? I like Henderson a lot as a Footballer but he isn't a leader of men and today highlighted that, you can't try to cover up your own poor play by having a go at your team mates, everybody sees it and contrary to popular belief the fans aren't daft.

I doubt very much that is the reason for his captaincy, what a ridiculous comment.

Hendo is more vocal than JA and with his deeper role that he appeared to be playing yesterday, I thought it made sense him being captain.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Lillis on 08:16 - Aug 7 with 2237 viewsTalkingSutty

Lillis on 08:00 - Aug 7 by rochedale

I doubt very much that is the reason for his captaincy, what a ridiculous comment.

Hendo is more vocal than JA and with his deeper role that he appeared to be playing yesterday, I thought it made sense him being captain.

It's all about opinions though isn't it. Henderson would be near the bottom of the list to Captain the team in my book. Indisciplined and often petulant on the field and very quick to display negative body language towards his team mates as witnessed yesterday. Capable of a moment of brilliance, but that doesn't make him a leader of men. In fact we don't have leader in the team,a person in the mould of Stephen Dawson or Gary Jones who demands respect and leads by example.

Plenty of others will disagree with my opinions though which is fine by me.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 8:21]
Lillis on 08:30 - Aug 7 with 2210 views1907

Allen was captain in the first half and Henderson was captain in the second? Neither of them should be it should be one of the CBs.

Got to say that Allen and Camps were terrible yesterday.
Lillis on 08:58 - Aug 7 with 2170 viewsrochedale

Lillis on 08:16 - Aug 7 by TalkingSutty

It's all about opinions though isn't it. Henderson would be near the bottom of the list to Captain the team in my book. Indisciplined and often petulant on the field and very quick to display negative body language towards his team mates as witnessed yesterday. Capable of a moment of brilliance, but that doesn't make him a leader of men. In fact we don't have leader in the team,a person in the mould of Stephen Dawson or Gary Jones who demands respect and leads by example.

Plenty of others will disagree with my opinions though which is fine by me.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2016 8:21]

Who'd be your captain?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Lillis on 09:31 - Aug 7 with 2110 views442Dale

Lillis on 08:30 - Aug 7 by 1907

Allen was captain in the first half and Henderson was captain in the second? Neither of them should be it should be one of the CBs.

Got to say that Allen and Camps were terrible yesterday.

Henderson led the team out. Spotted it straight away.

The captaincy is always going to be up for debate, for me it shouldn't be with someone who has let his team-mates down previously. Give it McNulty while he's in the side, even if yesterday it leads to a debate about his suitability at LB again.

And let's not get started about why he's still on penalties. Still, if Ian Henderson's happy...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lillis on 09:42 - Aug 7 with 2087 viewsTalkingSutty

Lillis on 08:58 - Aug 7 by rochedale

Who'd be your captain?

Big Jim, very consistant player.
Login to get fewer ads

Lillis on 09:48 - Aug 7 with 2068 viewsboromat

Lillis on 09:42 - Aug 7 by TalkingSutty

Big Jim, very consistant player.

I'm a bit worried about Jim. Brilliant and consistent last season better when moved to left back but he's been terrible in pre-season (I only missed the FC United match) I was hoping that he'd be up to speed in time for yesterday but he clearly wasn't ready. Somehow he's lost some speed in his play. I'd give Tanser a go on Tuesday give Jim a breather and Scott an opportunity in a cup match.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Lillis on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 2057 viewsTalkingSutty

Lillis on 09:48 - Aug 7 by boromat

I'm a bit worried about Jim. Brilliant and consistent last season better when moved to left back but he's been terrible in pre-season (I only missed the FC United match) I was hoping that he'd be up to speed in time for yesterday but he clearly wasn't ready. Somehow he's lost some speed in his play. I'd give Tanser a go on Tuesday give Jim a breather and Scott an opportunity in a cup match.

You cant just ditch Jim after one game, he'll be fine.
Lillis on 09:55 - Aug 7 with 2045 viewsrichfoad32

Lillis on 09:48 - Aug 7 by boromat

I was listening to the commentary on DalePlayer yesterday and they mentioned that McNulty had an operation on his ears in the summer that didn't go correctly? They made light of it but ears aren't just for hearing they're also important for other functions such as balance etc. I know it sounds unlikely but if the operation was unsuccessful it could contribute to him being off his game.
Lillis on 10:19 - Aug 7 with 1966 views1907

The fault for yesterday lies at Hill's door. With no midfielder directly in front of McNulty he was totally exposed. It was obvious throughout the first half and he made no substitution to sort the problem. A draw was a fair result yesterday but that absolute howler from Lillis cost us big time. My worry now is how much that will knock him. As others have said we're all aware he's a confidence player and we need him to be on his game more than anyone.
Lillis on 10:23 - Aug 7 with 1955 views442Dale

Lillis on 10:19 - Aug 7 by 1907

The fault for yesterday lies at Hill's door. With no midfielder directly in front of McNulty he was totally exposed. It was obvious throughout the first half and he made no substitution to sort the problem. A draw was a fair result yesterday but that absolute howler from Lillis cost us big time. My worry now is how much that will knock him. As others have said we're all aware he's a confidence player and we need him to be on his game more than anyone.

Totally agree. That was my first thought in the seconds after they scored, it could knock Lillis back. His biggest weakness is his confidence as he's a good goalkeeper.

Spot on about the tactics too, I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it to be honest. Yesterday was an example of a manager getting it wrong in too many positions. And too many need only be a couple at times.

Lillis on 10:34 - Aug 7 with 1933 views1907

Lillis on 10:23 - Aug 7 by 442Dale

Totally agree. That was my first thought in the seconds after they scored, it could knock Lillis back. His biggest weakness is his confidence as he's a good goalkeeper.

Spot on about the tactics too, I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it to be honest. Yesterday was an example of a manager getting it wrong in too many positions. And too many need only be a couple at times.

Why he thought Bunney was the right man to lead the line will be a mystery. I never want to see him playing centre forward alone again because it was frankly embarrassing. My 2 year old god daughter has more upper body strength than the lad. It's a real poor show watching him make little to no effort trying to challenge for the ball.
Lillis on 11:20 - Aug 7 with 1850 viewsmacro

Bunney isn’t a target man, he’s a far better player coming off the flanks as a winger. If a big man up front is needed it has to be Andrew on present form
Lillis on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 1833 viewsD_Alien

Lillis on 11:20 - Aug 7 by macro

Bunney isn’t a target man, he’s a far better player coming off the flanks as a winger. If a big man up front is needed it has to be Andrew on present form

As I've said elsewhere, if we wanted to sign a wide player in the first place, you just wouldn't even look at Bunney. His time is up, but he'll still be here for a while yet, keeping better players and more promising youngsters out of a place.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lillis on 14:57 - Aug 7 with 1721 viewsParkinsGimp

I'm afriad Lillis really isnt good enough for this level. He will make many a mistake. Its unfortunate for goalies since their mistakes often end up in goals. We have more severe positional problems like left back, and our lack of challenging in midfield. I thought Camps was very poor yesterday , he made no impact at all, I didnt see him challenge once for a ball or create anything. Presume just an off day for him, but it doesnt help when Allen also has an off day. It leaves our back four exposed. I can see our two centre halves getting torn new a"seholes on a regular basis this season against far better opposition( I thought Pish were pretty poor today) , Our recriutment doesnt inspire much confidence of decent cover .
Lillis on 16:50 - Aug 7 with 1646 views1949er

Although big jim appeared to be t fault for the first goal, the lack of ANY midfield player left him with very little option. In the second half he was left to do his own job but the left side and wing with no midfielder giving him an option. Weak midfield all round

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Lillis on 17:17 - Aug 7 with 1620 viewsStreety1996

Lillis has won us more games than he's lost, stupid talk to drop him...

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Lillis on 20:49 - Aug 7 with 1463 viewsonedalefan

Lillis on 11:20 - Aug 7 by macro

Even Jamie Allen wins more headers than Bunney does. With Hill's habit of playing people out of position, why not try him at centre forward?
Lillis on 21:21 - Aug 7 with 1418 viewsAtThePeake

Lillis on 11:34 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

As I've said elsewhere, if we wanted to sign a wide player in the first place, you just wouldn't even look at Bunney. His time is up, but he'll still be here for a while yet, keeping better players and more promising youngsters out of a place.

Yeap. And still there will be some who tell you that he's great cause he scored the most goals from open play in our squad last season, with a mind-blowing return of nine.

Any modern manager will tell you goals aren't enough for a forward player these days, they need to offer more. Yet some of our fans seem to think 9 goals in a season is enough for him to warrant a place in the team - those same fans very rarely offer any other reason as to why he's in the team.

Tangled up in blue.

Lillis on 21:25 - Aug 7 with 1411 viewsmacro

Lillis on 11:34 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

Last season Bunney was at his most effective being a wide man, personally I’d have NML, Hendo and Andrew as the forward 3 or a fully fit and in form Vincenti

Bunney was also very effective coming off the bench. Unfortunately playing as the target man doesn’t really work
Lillis on 21:45 - Aug 7 with 1373 viewsD_Alien

Lillis on 21:25 - Aug 7 by macro

Last season Bunney was at his most effective being a wide man, personally I’d have NML, Hendo and Andrew as the forward 3 or a fully fit and in form Vincenti

Bunney was also very effective coming off the bench. Unfortunately playing as the target man doesn’t really work

That's what I meant in another thread about Hill asking him a question he couldn't answer. So that leaves the ultimate responsibility with the manager for choosing to start with him in our opening fixture - a showcase for new fans. There were a few new faces in the Pearl St and at one point, after Bunney had been easily dispossessed for about the fifth time, you could see them looking at each other with awkward expressions on their faces. How on earth would you begin to explain why he was playing?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lillis on 22:27 - Aug 7 with 1317 viewsnordenblue

Lillis on 21:25 - Aug 7 by macro

We have much better options for players out wide though,and as proven yet again he's shite up front.

He's not good enough it's that simple,I'd love to hear an explanation as to why he's continually picked as he's piss poor every time I've seen him,regardless of goals his overall contribution is nil to not that much and the way he gets constantly thrown off the ball is laughable he's that weak.
Lillis on 22:34 - Aug 7 with 1305 views442Dale

Lillis on 21:45 - Aug 7 by D_Alien

That's what I meant in another thread about Hill asking him a question he couldn't answer. So that leaves the ultimate responsibility with the manager for choosing to start with him in our opening fixture - a showcase for new fans. There were a few new faces in the Pearl St and at one point, after Bunney had been easily dispossessed for about the fifth time, you could see them looking at each other with awkward expressions on their faces. How on earth would you begin to explain why he was playing?

It made even less sense when Donal came on and played quite centrally too. He's been great in pre-season so why not start him?!

Totally down to the manager yesterday.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024