Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? 08:32 - Nov 14 with 6995 viewsPhil

Really?
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 08:51 - Nov 14 with 4170 viewsSandyDrum

Yes.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 09:07 - Nov 14 with 4139 viewsonedalefan

Anticipating problems by 7.30! People struggling to get in and then lack of seats.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 09:45 - Nov 14 with 4058 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 09:07 - Nov 14 by onedalefan

Anticipating problems by 7.30! People struggling to get in and then lack of seats.

Why?

There will be loads of seats... Could generate a good atmosphere a full ish main stand.

Not like we will fill it.

2000 home fans max!
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 10:03 - Nov 14 with 4021 viewsdingdangblue

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 09:45 - Nov 14 by aleanddale

Why?

There will be loads of seats... Could generate a good atmosphere a full ish main stand.

2000 home fans max!

If there are 2000 home fans there wont be enough seats!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 10:03 - Nov 14 with 4022 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 09:45 - Nov 14 by aleanddale

Why?

2000 home fans max!

...and even that's being optimistic.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 10:03 - Nov 14 with 4019 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 09:07 - Nov 14 by onedalefan

I'm sure there will be a contingency plan in place should that unlikely event happen.

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 11:51 - Nov 14 with 3864 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Perhaps open a section of the Wilbutts.........best view in the house!
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 12:04 - Nov 14 with 3820 viewsBartRowou

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 11:51 - Nov 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

They had an overflow on the 9/11 Fulham game when the Wilbutts was opened last minute.
I agree with your view view but it'd be a lot easier to just have people in the Sandy/Main Stand. Tenner bet it's opened. See Porlicks for remuneration.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 12:18 - Nov 14 with 3784 viewsD_Dale

On Tuesday 16 December 2014, the last cup replay against a 'non-league' side - Aldershot - attracted 2077. It was the second round, with the prospect of Stoke at Spotland in round 3, which might have added a couple of hundred. Four weeks earlier, on 18 November when Dale played Northampton in the first round replay, 1717 were there.

But on neither occasion was England vs Spain on TV.

Whatever the attendance tomorrow, I'd settle for the same score as against Aldershot.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 12:49 - Nov 14 with 3688 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 12:18 - Nov 14 by D_Dale

On Tuesday 16 December 2014, the last cup replay against a 'non-league' side - Aldershot - attracted 2077. It was the second round, with the prospect of Stoke at Spotland in round 3, which might have added a couple of hundred. Four weeks earlier, on 18 November when Dale played Northampton in the first round replay, 1717 were there.

But on neither occasion was England vs Spain on TV.

Whatever the attendance tomorrow, I'd settle for the same score as against Aldershot.

We played twice former European champions Nottingham Forest after beating Aldershot.

It also wasn't the first of three home games in a week.

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 12:51 - Nov 14 with 3683 viewsTVOS1907

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 11:51 - Nov 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

How would it be stewarded?

There's only one snack bar and that will be used by Maidstone fans.

Like Barty says, Main Stand and Sandy Lane are the sensible options.

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:02 - Nov 14 with 3654 viewsPhil

The problem is, if the club treat this as a second-rate game, it BECOMES a second-rate game. Main Stand only, cheap programme, it all smacks of not taking the FA Cup seriously.

Bradford Away showed, realistically, that we're more likely to finish midtable than play-offs. So a cup-run should be a real target for the season. Why not open all the stands, charge £10 and try to get in as much support as possible. Surely Maidstone would agree to this?

Ideally get Hilly to do an interview confirming he will play the best team possible (since we've slipped up against non-league teams quite a few times recently).

The Main Stand worked well for the Trophy Matches, but the FA Cup is better than that. As has been mentioned already there is a good chance that the stand will fill up (=1800 seats less 10% for unreserved seating?). Are we going to have a last-minute, tinpot-looking emigration of fans into the Sandy?

Too late now of course.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:12 - Nov 14 with 3617 viewsD_Alien

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:02 - Nov 14 by Phil

The problem is, if the club treat this as a second-rate game, it BECOMES a second-rate game. Main Stand only, cheap programme, it all smacks of not taking the FA Cup seriously.

Bradford Away showed, realistically, that we're more likely to finish midtable than play-offs. So a cup-run should be a real target for the season. Why not open all the stands, charge £10 and try to get in as much support as possible. Surely Maidstone would agree to this?

Ideally get Hilly to do an interview confirming he will play the best team possible (since we've slipped up against non-league teams quite a few times recently).

The Main Stand worked well for the Trophy Matches, but the FA Cup is better than that. As has been mentioned already there is a good chance that the stand will fill up (=1800 seats less 10% for unreserved seating?). Are we going to have a last-minute, tinpot-looking emigration of fans into the Sandy?

Too late now of course.

I reckon our gate will be a far higher percentage of our average gate than was the case for very many FL teams when the 1st round ties were played the previous weekend. We won't be treating it as a second-rate game. Close on 2000 fans in the main stand will create more of an atmosphere than they would scattered around the ground, in addition to keeping costs down. Plus, there will be contingency plans should more than the main stand capacity turn up, as TVOS has already noted.

[Post edited 14 Nov 2016 13:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:14 - Nov 14 with 3608 viewsdingdangblue

Too late now of course.

'Ideally get Hilly to do an interview confirming he will play the best team possible'

Looking at numbers I dont think Hill will have many options with playing the best team possible - anybody not limping or being ill and they are in!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:22 - Nov 14 with 3578 views100notout

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:14 - Nov 14 by dingdangblue

'Ideally get Hilly to do an interview confirming he will play the best team possible'

Looking at numbers I dont think Hill will have many options with playing the best team possible - anybody not limping or being ill and they are in!

"I've got a very good starting eleven"

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:22 - Nov 14 with 3577 viewsboromat

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 13:14 - Nov 14 by dingdangblue

Anyone se taking their boots just in case?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 14:01 - Nov 14 with 3500 viewsonedalefan

By announcing that it's main stand only, the club are in danger of putting people off turning up. The stand only holds just over 1700 and there is the real likely hood that seats together are going to be limited. Any casual person turning up, say around 7.30, is going to get the impression that the club aren't bothered and is unlikely to return. If there is a contingency plan, it should be announced.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 14:14 - Nov 14 with 3468 viewsTVOS1907

Too late now of course.

It's not possible to produce a full programme given the short time between the first game and the replay.

It would also make no financial sense whatsoever.

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 14:14 - Nov 14 with 3468 viewsdeeplishblue

Looking forwards to it. packed into the main stand - young uns getting some songs going. good atmosphere.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 14:27 - Nov 14 with 3431 viewsaleanddale

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 10:03 - Nov 14 by dingdangblue

If there are 2000 home fans there wont be enough seats!

Didn't realise only 1800 seats in the main stand!!

If that's the case make at a tenner in the sandy and everyone's a winner.

Must admit don't fancy a bun fight at 7.30 to sit with people I go to the game with.
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 14:45 - Nov 14 with 3384 viewsdingdangblue

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 14:27 - Nov 14 by aleanddale

Didn't realise only 1800 seats in the main stand!!

If that's the case make at a tenner in the sandy and everyone's a winner.

Must admit don't fancy a bun fight at 7.30 to sit with people I go to the game with.

I think the crowd will be around 1700 - ok if everyone has their own seat allocated - but a nightmare if people want to sit together and turn up at 7.30. There will be issues.

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 14:54 - Nov 14 with 3364 viewsaleanddale

Now everyone will turn up at 7.20pm.

Thanks DDB my cunning plan spoiled!

Maidstone fans in comparison get 26 seats each!!
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 16:58 - Nov 14 with 3201 viewsNafelad

Think we'll go in 'away' stand for this one - plenty of seats available and a great view!!

Topcat

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 17:02 - Nov 14 with 3189 viewsPhil

Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 14:14 - Nov 14 by TVOS1907

It's not possible to produce a full programme given the short time between the first game and the replay.

It would also make no financial sense whatsoever.

Sorry TVOS, no disrespect meant, I can appreciate the tight deadline.

Not sure about "no financial sense whatsoever", does this mean any game likely to have only 2000 people in attendance should get a reduced programme!?

I still think we're missing a trick on £10 entry and inviting chaos just before kick-off. Also, if people pay £15 to get into the main stand, and then get moved into Sandy Lane (standing) are they going to get a partial refund?
Tuesday night, Maidstone, Main Stand Only? on 17:18 - Nov 14 with 3149 viewsLS27Rdale

Havent we done this thread before???

Since when did the main stand shrink to 1700 seats,,,???

Must of missed that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024