Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
talk sport and Les 13:54 - Dec 28 with 34522 viewsmacclesfieldman

talk sport discussing QPR this morning and wanted to talk to LF but Les said he was too poorly with a flu to take a telephone call. Bless.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

talk sport and Les on 12:49 - Dec 30 with 2726 views2Thomas2Bowles

talk sport and Les on 12:39 - Dec 30 by Neil_SI

Oh God, not Paladini. :P

Well you see my point, it's was not all sunshine and buttercups even with QPR supports in the boardroom.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

talk sport and Les on 12:53 - Dec 30 with 2713 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 12:17 - Dec 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well if the club ever was sold the first ones any new owner would show the door is LF and CR
So Dave and Neil, what's it to be.
TF and you keep those two or new owners.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:21]

I've no idea what a new owner would do, if he got rid of Ferdinand, Hoos, Ramsey or Holloway that would be upto him but I'm not sure it's an either or option as we don't have new owners on the horizon
talk sport and Les on 13:28 - Dec 30 with 2647 viewsFloridaR

Tip my hat to some great posts on this thread Dave B's especially and many other balancing points in the debate.
I'm a die hard Les Fan and always have been, I can see that he's tried to help bring QPR back to fans I like his style but I think his weakness is his allegiance to Chris Ramsey.

Problem started for fans when he endorsed 50 year old Ramsey as some kind of visionary wonder youth team coach and it was the wrong appointment taking the odds of falling from the Premiership.

Fast fwd.
We now have Rambo underneath Les & in between key decision makers at top & team managers of choice developing the long term strategy of the club as Technical Director ...

I'm seriously think this is the technical role that is causing a lot of problems for Les and causing most damage to the club this season.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

talk sport and Les on 13:44 - Dec 30 with 2614 viewsCFW

Some very interesting points raised within this post unfortunately along with an awful lot of bullshite.

Did Les have Flu? who knows and does it matter? There was no way he would put himself into a situation where he knew he would be questioned about our current manager given our poor run of results.

I cannot understand why anyone who is a supporter of our club would be happy to be in League 1? If we are relegated getting back into the Championship will be a very tough ask.

I cannot understand why we keep banging on about Warnock? I totally respect he got us promoted and we all enjoyed the success be bought to the club. But that was years ago, the man is old, he is past it - doing crap at Cardiff - christ sake move on.

I cannot understand why we keep wanting to surround ourselves with past players/managers or people who are 'QPR through and through'. It is a business lets surround ourselves with Winners - if they happen to fans that is a bonus.

We have to accept the club has made big errors in the past and we are now paying for it big time. I am not anti Les - as a player he was fantastic for the club but he moved on when it suited him which was fair enough but he has to accept his part of the blame for the current mess.

We do need a break though or we will go down - our run of form is awful - need something, anything from the next two matches.
talk sport and Les on 14:53 - Dec 30 with 2513 viewsFredManRave

I'm sure that all of us will be hoping that Les is better by tomorrow so that he doesn't end up asking for a "Decond class return de Dolverhampton, please" at the train ticket booth.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

talk sport and Les on 15:01 - Dec 30 with 2498 viewsbrad

talk sport and Les on 20:36 - Dec 28 by daveB

Maybe he actually has flu, I have it at the moment, is a right pain and i wouldn't want to chat on the phone with someone about work at the moment either

What qualifications does he have for the job?

Well what qualifications did Phil Beard have to sign players? Or David Davies or Amit Bhatia or Gianni Paladini? They have all held that role in recent years of negotiating the transfers, none of them had a clue what they were doing at first, their qualifications for the role never questioned but a bloke who has worked in football all his life and has been doing the role for two years gets this constant bullshit aimed at him as it's his first job of this type.

Everyone who holds this position will at one stage have done it for the first time and learnt what they were doing, Alex Ferguson learnt on the job how to be a manager, Lionel Messi learnt on the job how to be a footballer, they never have all the answers on day one but learning and gaining experience of a role is a good thing and Les has learnt a lot in 2 years and is more than qualified for his role.

So all of QPR's problems down to him are they? Bullshit

Was it Les Ferdinand who closed the academy in the 90's?
Was it Les Ferdinand who gave no funding to the youth set up for over a decade allowing it to rot whilst other clubs in the area invested and left us behind.
Was it Les Ferdinand who spunked 200 million up the wall at mercenary players and robbing managers and wasted 2 attempts at the premier league and left us financially in a worst position after winning the lottery twice.

Ferdinand has come into the role when the money run out, when the FFP rules had been breached so we had to comply after relegation if we were to have any chance of avoiding a deserved 70million fine. Not hard to get the wage bill down? If you say so but something no one else managed or even tried to manage

He could have continued on the same path and said sod it lets go mad again, throw money at it and off we go, no guarantee that would have worked, it didn't before. Instead he did what many asked for, he created a pathway to the first team for youth players, in the last 2 years Doughty, Furlong, Grego Cox, Kakay, Shodipo, Lumley, Kwpewka and the finnish kid have all made first team appearances, not a hope in hell that would have happened before.

We've signed younger players who see QPR as a step up, another thing we wanted when the like of Boswingwa, Park and Chris Samba were being made millionaires by the club, now those players need to be developed and won't be great straight away but in Smithies, Ingram, Hall, Luongo, Cousins, Sylla, Wszoleck and Chery he's signed some very decent prospects who could go on and big big players for us. Not every signing has worked but not every signing worked under more experienced men like Redknapp and Hughes, these failures haven't been as costly though.

Managerial appointments haven't worked but the club is still run by Fernandes who still listens to twitter so Ramsey came in when fans called for a coach rather than an old school manager, he listened when we wanted an up and coming manager in Hasselbaink and he listened when we wanted a QPR man. Perhaps he should stop listening to us but thats the man Ferdinand is working for and thats the one you should be moaning about rather than the bloke trying to fix his mess.

Just bloody typical at QPR that the people doing the right thing are the ones being attacked by fans.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2016 20:39]

great post.........totally spot on!!
talk sport and Les on 15:48 - Dec 30 with 2435 viewsbaz_qpr

Warnock may well have said that but the truth is that Warnock forced Ramsey out after being asked to help out and that in turn burnt his bridges not just with Les but with Hoos and the rest of the club. i.e it was Warnocks behaviour
talk sport and Les on 15:53 - Dec 30 with 2419 viewsBurnleyhoop

talk sport and Les on 03:03 - Dec 30 by Neil_SI

If this helps, though I'm sure it won't, but I would love a little go at League One. I don't think it will happen, but embrace it with open arms if it does. We'd have a cracking little team down there and have a lot of fun at the same time.

For what it's worth, Les Ferdinand's spell at the club has been well needed. Unfortunately for QPR, and for us, we're putting some very good and decent men in the firing line to clean up a helluva lot of shit caused by other people. Be grateful these men, QPR legends, who care about the club, are willing to put their heads on the chopping block to make QPR a better place in the future.

They are doing this because they love and care about QPR and they're still having to deal with clueless people above them at the same time. It must be frustrating for them, but someone's got to look out for our best interests at heart, and I'm bloody glad we have them here. It's a horrible job and, at times, a horrible club to work for.

I tip my hat to them. They have my full support. League One, Championship or Premier League.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 3:04]

I'm with you on this fella. We have absolutely the "right" people now looking after our club. Fernandes had his pants pulled down by Hughes and was then royally shafted by Redknapp and the rest of the cronies wanting a ride on the gravy train. Personally I feel sorry for the guy. He has pumped a huge wedge into trying to put QPR on the premiership map, but has made poor decisions and placed too much trust in people who are supposed to know what they are doing.

We are now in a precarious position and it will take some time, patience and a possible relegation to get out of. If the worst happens, so be it. At least we have people running the club who genuinely give a shit and aren't looking for a ticket to ride on the gravy train that has now left the station, along with all the leeches that have filled their wallets.

Stop whinging and support the people who are trying to save QPR. Save the anger for the ones who f*cked it up. Ferdinand isn't one of them.
Login to get fewer ads

talk sport and Les on 15:56 - Dec 30 with 2412 views2Thomas2Bowles

talk sport and Les on 15:53 - Dec 30 by Burnleyhoop

I'm with you on this fella. We have absolutely the "right" people now looking after our club. Fernandes had his pants pulled down by Hughes and was then royally shafted by Redknapp and the rest of the cronies wanting a ride on the gravy train. Personally I feel sorry for the guy. He has pumped a huge wedge into trying to put QPR on the premiership map, but has made poor decisions and placed too much trust in people who are supposed to know what they are doing.

We are now in a precarious position and it will take some time, patience and a possible relegation to get out of. If the worst happens, so be it. At least we have people running the club who genuinely give a shit and aren't looking for a ticket to ride on the gravy train that has now left the station, along with all the leeches that have filled their wallets.

Stop whinging and support the people who are trying to save QPR. Save the anger for the ones who f*cked it up. Ferdinand isn't one of them.

Hmm only his head is never on the block, it's Ollies or any other manager.

talk sport and Les on 15:57 - Dec 30 with 2407 viewsbaz_qpr

talk sport and Les on 09:58 - Dec 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well as Hoo's said himself he has nothing to do with the football side, it would only have been on the contract and how much the managers wanted.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 9:58]

Not true might be spun that way has as much say as anyone and it could be argued JFH was his pick
talk sport and Les on 16:16 - Dec 30 with 2375 viewsBurnleyhoop

talk sport and Les on 15:56 - Dec 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Hmm only his head is never on the block, it's Ollies or any other manager.

How do you know his head isn't on the block? No one is indispensable. Ultimately, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by sacking any of the current management team. We cannot afford any more expensive mistakes. We have to sit tight and suffer the pain in the hope they can collectively turn things back in our favour sooner rather than later. There is potential in this squad, but it is a collection of individuals all of whom must be wondering what the f*ck have they walked into.

We need to stay calm and carry on. Support the boys, even through gritted teeth.
talk sport and Les on 16:23 - Dec 30 with 2360 viewsPunteR

talk sport and Les on 11:44 - Dec 30 by qprewan

Hey I still stand by that piece but there is nothing in there that means that I can't be critical of Les Ferdinand as well. As it happens I don't mind dropping down to League 1. My point yesterday was raised because many on here were in my view praising Les Ferdinand wrongly. I am not the only one; yes I would have taken NW back last year wouldn't a lot of us on here? I think the players we have brought in have been dreadful so I give Les no kudos for that at all...no fighters no passion...JFH almost stopped me coming to football at all so no kudos for that either. .Les also did his best to keep CR. Of course most of the problems at the club are not down to him at all...but I still don't see any evidence of him doing a great job since he's been there.

It's a good piece by you. Agreed with everything you said on there.
The reason why i posted a link to it was because it was a well considered post that raised some good points about how we as fans ,including yourself will cope when things dont go to plan.Well things aren't going to plan and this thread (and many others)has sort of answered your question.
I dont think anyone is wrongly praising Ferdinand. I think from all the posts i've read, people are defending Ferdinand. Whats wrong with that?
This thing with Warnock is a load of rubbish. I'm not saying your mate is wrong ,i'm just saying it serves no purpose other than to rock the boat.Lets remember Warnock is now a manager to one of our rivals in this league. I think thats worth bearing in mind.
Warnock is also a "friend of the show" on Talksport and maybe LF thought the line of questioning might be balanced the wrong way given our precarious position.
Who knows? I'm just purely speculating.
I think we're in total agreement about TF though..
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 21:48]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

talk sport and Les on 18:50 - Dec 30 with 2251 viewspaulparker

talk sport and Les on 12:05 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why does it make you so angry PP? Or anyone for that matter?

I care about QPR too but I really don't get to the point you and others do on here. I've bit a few times when I shouldn't have, but that is after some prolonged digging out or being called a paedophile sympathiser. And each time i've realised what a t wat i've been.

I've seen Neil, Clive, DaveB, and a few others at loads of away games (i'm like a LFW stalker) but they never seem to get as ruffled as some of those reading the match thread in front of their laptop from the comfort of their armchair. DaveB writes great stuff for AKUTRs (I presume thats him) and Clive obviously spends untold time on this site, the podcast, and AKUTRs occasionally.

I'm no superfan. I have season ticket and get to around 5 to 10 away games a season. I used to get to 90% of away games but now i'm not single and have changed my job I cant commit to 40 odd games a season like I did in my 20s. Call me a fair weather if you like.

Everyone has a right to criticise, wether your a 50 game a season man or based in New Zealand, but jesus some of the stuff I read on here from people who've only watched a handful of sky games or a dodgy stream you'd think that a QPR loss takes food out of their kid's mouthes.

As Neil said, who really gives a shit what division we are in. I support QPR because we're not Chelsea. When a loss hurts more than a win it's time to support a big club and joint ranks of new scarf w ankers that film half the match on their iPads. QPR are treating the fans properly for once, unlike not so long ago. That was the last time I got as angry as you and others are now. Ironically this was the only second and third time in my lifetime that we was relatively 'successful'.

Anyway, I know you don't give a shit what I think and have probably stopped reading, but if I were you i'd try and enjoy it and remember how things used to be when you went to QPR for the craic and not the performance or result. If you're waiting for a major trophy or respect from your mates in regards to QPR then I pity you.

Anyway have a nice NY. I'm doing a semi flounce as I could have written 100 best selling novels in the time I spend on here. My missus tells me i'm wasting my time. I tell her to piss off because i'm busy posting about Goats. I'll be giving it a rest for a while for more productive 2017 and to relieve the pain that comes with reading the poisonous knee jerk reactions of fans who don't even attend. For the record, that isn't a dig at all people who can't or don't go. I love reading the bile free opinions from the majority of you.

Apologies to Clive who'll now have to heat his swimming pool some other way now i've reduced the traffic by 50%.

Baz.

Having supported this club for well over 30 plus years I think the days of me waiting for a major trophy from rangers are pretty much none to slim and I would be in a pretty sad way if wanted respect from my mates because rangers actually do well
I'm a 3rd generation fan my grandad was going in the fifties , my family are all from Shepherd's Bush & Notting hill I support QPR because that's what I know and because it's my club it's in the blood ,Like everyone else I've invested time and money on QPR and if we are playing sh1t then i have aright like everyone to have a go
Am I angry no, but what does boil my p1ss is the easy ride Tony fernades gets on here and through the stands , this clown has single handed dropped us into the sh1t through years and years of miss management , awful decisions , and buffonary, yet is lauded as the best chairmen we have ever had , now les was a great player for us but does this exempt him from critism when we don't sign a right back or if wastes our budget on the likes of bidwell , cousins, ngabeto, gladwin , etc
If it was Dennis Wise as DOF who made these signings and sacked off faurlin and hill we would all be going apesh1t and rightly so , does les care yes he does but don't forget he is also an employee who probably earns a decent whack and like any employee if he does a poor job then you have to face the consequences
You talk about how things used to be as a QPR fan well we haven't been steady or decent since 1993 bar the Warnock promotion season ( oh and who helped fcuk that , oh yeah TF)
If we went down we wouldn't die of course not but it would be a real struggle with these players to actually finish mid table not even Ollie could turn it around again
The thing is baz you cannot expect to spunk around 200 million and then be relegated to league 1 without the fans being upset we don't even have a training ground to show for all that money spent, we are in a right old mess and things are not going to get much better with calamity Tony ruling things either it's going to be a long time before all QPR fans are singing from the same hymn sheet it was only 15 years ago that we faced administration the problem now is we are all battled fatigued as a fan base to do it all again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

talk sport and Les on 18:55 - Dec 30 with 2235 viewsqprewan

talk sport and Les on 16:23 - Dec 30 by PunteR

It's a good piece by you. Agreed with everything you said on there.
The reason why i posted a link to it was because it was a well considered post that raised some good points about how we as fans ,including yourself will cope when things dont go to plan.Well things aren't going to plan and this thread (and many others)has sort of answered your question.
I dont think anyone is wrongly praising Ferdinand. I think from all the posts i've read, people are defending Ferdinand. Whats wrong with that?
This thing with Warnock is a load of rubbish. I'm not saying your mate is wrong ,i'm just saying it serves no purpose other than to rock the boat.Lets remember Warnock is now a manager to one of our rivals in this league. I think thats worth bearing in mind.
Warnock is also a "friend of the show" on Talksport and maybe LF thought the line of questioning might be balanced the wrong way given our precarious position.
Who knows? I'm just purely speculating.
I think we're in total agreement about TF though..
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 21:48]

Yes cheers for that; in retrospect you are right in a way the NW thing was meant as an aside but became the main issue for a bit which was probably my fault...I like your comment about how everyone is reacting badly.
My own reaction I guess is to have kind of given up and accept the fact that we could be going down..what disappoints me the most is the lack of fighters in the team. It looks like the job is beyond Ollie and Birch but I have even accepted that as they are both club legends. I think the club is now beyond any quick fix now but it doesn't even seem like the current squad is even a building block to something better which is disappointing.
talk sport and Les on 19:01 - Dec 30 with 2218 viewsVancouverHoop

Five managers have been let go/resigned in the past four years, all of them mid-season. Only one has completed a full August to May. This is a pattern, an unintentional one perhaps, but a pattern nevertheless.

You don’t have to be a footballing genius to realise that changing senior management personnel bang in the middle of a season is drop-dead stupid. The incoming manager is faced with players he doesn’t know well, don’t know him, and are used to playing systems he didn’t devise. Doing this once is forgiveable, twice less so, doing it five times is sheer amateur hour. Les Ferdinand, Lee Hoos, Neil Warnock, Mark Hughes, Harry Redknapp, Chris Ramsey, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, and Ian Holloway may be many things but none of them are amateurs. The only person at our club who has been at QPR through all these knee-jerk hirings and firings is Tony Fernandes. Until he trusts the people he’s hired, and stops interfering in the process he, and they, have agreed on implementing this slide will continue. Shuffling the deckchairs (in this case players and managers) isn’t going to make a scrap of difference when the ship is sinking because the captain can't read a compass.
talk sport and Les on 23:10 - Dec 30 with 2095 views2Thomas2Bowles

What fans want is visible improvement and that is refected on the pitch

This is where FL has failed, you can talk all you want about what he does behind the scenes it don't mean a fig to 95% or fans.

They see players that are piss poor or just not up to it or for it.

If Ollie can't put fire in their bellies on the pitch and care for the club, I really don't think anyone else would

If we say that a DOF is a good thing, where does his influence on the players he brings to the club end, is his job finshed once they are signed, Yes a manager should pick the team but what about these players reasonability to the club that pays their wages.

Take Perch (I could pick on a number of players) all I've seen from him in the last few games is a man on a mission to get himself sent off, not giving a fect about the team or club, I wish we had a captain that would kick his arse (and others) but we really don't have that sort of player.

If he won't do it for the manage, should not the DOF be doing something, holding these players to account , did he get fined for the sending off, what discipline was taken.
I thought we were trying to get "the right sort" well he is not the right sort, he is a c*nt

Other players see this and think they can do the same and some are.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 23:15]

talk sport and Les on 00:40 - Dec 31 with 2051 viewsYorkRanger

My personal view is that nobody realises just what a difficult job Les Ferdinand has had to do. With the support of Les Hoos they have had to complete reshape the whole playing staff to allow for FFP and the restrictions that places on the club. This has necessitated a different approach to player recruitment and wages, hence the type of team that we have been trying to build (and that we have today).

I'm sure mistakes have been made, however we surely knew it would be difficult and take time. I know that nobody would have forecast the desperate run we are in but I do believe we can turn the tide and push back towards the mid table team that we probably are.

We have seen stuff said before about the economics of running a club with a 12,000 to 14,000 fan base. Things have had to be done differently.

I do think we need a couple of players in January, most importantly to provide leadership on the pitch and also goals, but for me this season was always going to be one of rebuilding even if JFH had stayed.

We need patience and calm heads. People have taken the p1ss out of the club for many years now, we should be more tolerant and understanding of those tasked with repairing the damage.
talk sport and Les on 06:43 - Dec 31 with 1989 viewsPommyhoop

Cheer up lads.
Look what one of my mates put on my FB page...BASTARD...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:44 - Dec 31 with 1936 viewsNortholt_Rs

talk sport and Les on 00:40 - Dec 31 by YorkRanger

My personal view is that nobody realises just what a difficult job Les Ferdinand has had to do. With the support of Les Hoos they have had to complete reshape the whole playing staff to allow for FFP and the restrictions that places on the club. This has necessitated a different approach to player recruitment and wages, hence the type of team that we have been trying to build (and that we have today).

I'm sure mistakes have been made, however we surely knew it would be difficult and take time. I know that nobody would have forecast the desperate run we are in but I do believe we can turn the tide and push back towards the mid table team that we probably are.

We have seen stuff said before about the economics of running a club with a 12,000 to 14,000 fan base. Things have had to be done differently.

I do think we need a couple of players in January, most importantly to provide leadership on the pitch and also goals, but for me this season was always going to be one of rebuilding even if JFH had stayed.

We need patience and calm heads. People have taken the p1ss out of the club for many years now, we should be more tolerant and understanding of those tasked with repairing the damage.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

talk sport and Les on 13:29 - Dec 31 with 1869 viewsTGRRRSSS

New owners you say???

Well Duchalet, Venky's SISU, Allam, Vincent Tan, Cellino (bare with him while he is banned again)

A new owner might be brilliant, but then again he might be worse, or how about Gaydamark or the Thais as Reading asset stripping?

Be careful what you wish for?

I accept that TF has basically been a disaster o question but I suspect all the above would be even worse.

And some started well like Allam.
talk sport and Les on 15:06 - Dec 31 with 1816 viewsLoft1979

talk sport and Les on 13:29 - Dec 31 by TGRRRSSS

New owners you say???

Well Duchalet, Venky's SISU, Allam, Vincent Tan, Cellino (bare with him while he is banned again)

A new owner might be brilliant, but then again he might be worse, or how about Gaydamark or the Thais as Reading asset stripping?

Be careful what you wish for?

I accept that TF has basically been a disaster o question but I suspect all the above would be even worse.

And some started well like Allam.

At what point does Les himself become the target?
To me the spiral really picked up velocity two years ago with his hiring.
talk sport and Les on 15:19 - Dec 31 with 1805 viewsDeepcutHoop

talk sport and Les on 15:06 - Dec 31 by Loft1979

At what point does Les himself become the target?
To me the spiral really picked up velocity two years ago with his hiring.

Correlation does not necessarily indicate causation.
talk sport and Les on 15:41 - Dec 31 with 1772 viewsPlanetHonneywood

talk sport and Les on 15:19 - Dec 31 by DeepcutHoop

Correlation does not necessarily indicate causation.

The time for a DoF to have been appointed, was when it became abundantly clear Tony Pony was largely clueless and before he really bolloxid it up....so early 2012 then!!

Reality is, Les will be judged by results and while some point to long term stuff as evidence of his worth, the fact remains he has been brought in to make a more instant impact given; the footballing turmoil and financial chaos. I readily accept he inherited a mess, but he hasn't said anything we either didn't know or could work out for ourselves. Merely stating the obvious does not make him a genius, unless you're comparing him to Tony Pony.

Thus far, I think it more than valid for some to query his appointment based on the outcomes of his less than successful dicisions concerning the selection of a manager and the state of the playing staff, many of whom I believe he sanctioned their signing!

Accordingly I fail to see how 'questioning' the role, the process that selected him (assuming there was one) and critiquing his performance thus far, isn't justified in the current circumstances. That said, I hope he succeeds by whatever targets were set out at the start and/or changed midway through!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 16:08]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

talk sport and Les on 17:12 - Dec 31 with 1709 viewsDevonWhite

Rob Brennan ‏@RobBrennan82
It was Ferdinand who got Manning to sign for #QPR. Redknapp didn't know him. Spurs wanted him, but Les told him he'd get in the 1st team.
talk sport and Les on 11:39 - Jan 1 with 1606 viewsBurnleyhoop

talk sport and Les on 15:41 - Dec 31 by PlanetHonneywood

The time for a DoF to have been appointed, was when it became abundantly clear Tony Pony was largely clueless and before he really bolloxid it up....so early 2012 then!!

Reality is, Les will be judged by results and while some point to long term stuff as evidence of his worth, the fact remains he has been brought in to make a more instant impact given; the footballing turmoil and financial chaos. I readily accept he inherited a mess, but he hasn't said anything we either didn't know or could work out for ourselves. Merely stating the obvious does not make him a genius, unless you're comparing him to Tony Pony.

Thus far, I think it more than valid for some to query his appointment based on the outcomes of his less than successful dicisions concerning the selection of a manager and the state of the playing staff, many of whom I believe he sanctioned their signing!

Accordingly I fail to see how 'questioning' the role, the process that selected him (assuming there was one) and critiquing his performance thus far, isn't justified in the current circumstances. That said, I hope he succeeds by whatever targets were set out at the start and/or changed midway through!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 16:08]

So Hughes and Redknapp have managed to piss £250 million up the wall and achieved what?

Ferdinand turned up with the remit of clearing the expensive deadwood and was provided with a kitty of a massive....8 million.....tops?

What precisely did we really expect? We have some decent looking players but we have yet to find a pattern of play and a team ethic. Mistakes have undoubtably been made, but it is easy to criticise in hindsight. The decisions made appeared reasonably sound at the time.

The problem we have is the lack of patience from everyone including Fernandes,right down to the fan base. Holloway has been vilified after 8 faking games. If he would have had the opportunity of a pre-season he could have nailed his preferred line up and prepared them accordingly. He is left with trying to achieve that, at a time in the season when the games are coming thing and fast and he desperately needs points on the board. Give the guy a break. He was brave with his line up against Wolves (have to wonder how many of the "injured" didn't fancy it), but was rewarded with the first gutsy display seen for some time.

Ferdinand and Holloway deserve a bit of time. It was always going to be huge transitional project.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024