Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader 20:59 - Jan 26 with 15977 viewseasthertsr

This unelected idiot spouting vile right-wing bile to try to get on side with that c*nt! Doesn't it make you be proud to be British?
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 10:53 - Jan 27 with 3654 viewshoopdog

Do we need to worry about her not being elected when we have a labour mp putting the thoughts of the people of Hampstead and Highgate before that of the north of England the very birth place of the labour movement , a labour mp that supports eu's exploitation cheap unskilled eastern earo labour that only enhances the pockets of business at expense of the working classes
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 11:08 - Jan 27 with 3609 viewsfrancisbowles

In the last 100 years we have changed prime minister 24 times.

12 of these took the job without being elected.May

Lloyd George, Baldwin (twice), Chamberlain, Churchill, Eden, McMillan, Douglas-Home, Callaghan and Major as well as Brown and May.

Only five of these, so far, have subsequently 'been elected'
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 11:33 - Jan 27 with 3538 viewsJigsore

i think it's great we've taken back control by having no choice but to suck up to the most batshit US government since Nixon and undoubtedly the most unqualified

May is an invertebrate and is going to use the NHS as a bargaining chip to secure this 'special relationship'

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 11:52 - Jan 27 with 3476 viewsTacticalR

I keep thinking of the map of Orwell's Oceania (where Britain is an outpost of Oceania), particularly as it seems 'kith and kin' migration between countries in the Oceanic block is being discussed:

May to discuss how to boost US-UK migration with Trump, say sources
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/23/theresa-may-donald-trump-us-uk-

Air hostess clique

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:01 - Jan 27 with 3436 viewsElHoop

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 11:52 - Jan 27 by TacticalR

I keep thinking of the map of Orwell's Oceania (where Britain is an outpost of Oceania), particularly as it seems 'kith and kin' migration between countries in the Oceanic block is being discussed:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/23/theresa-may-donald-trump-us-uk-

Didn't Orwell and the recently late Tam Dalyell go to the same school?
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:07 - Jan 27 with 3413 viewsTacticalR

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:01 - Jan 27 by ElHoop

Didn't Orwell and the recently late Tam Dalyell go to the same school?

Eton? That's where they all go.

Air hostess clique

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:17 - Jan 27 with 3370 viewshopphoops

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 08:33 - Jan 27 by eastside_r

Blimey! What have I done now?

It was probably easier than opening a new thread

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:17 - Jan 27 with 3369 viewsisawqpratwcity

Not 'Britain', "Airstrip One". We know our worth.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:25 - Jan 27 with 3331 viewsElHoop

World Cup qualifying might be easier though.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:44 - Jan 27 with 3259 viewsMrSheen

Well, thank goodness we've been spared Ingsoc at least!

As for the OP, there are a few rungs left on the ladder.

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:46 - Jan 27 with 3257 viewsR_from_afar

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 21:54 - Jan 26 by kingshill

We don't elect leaders in this country, we elect parties.

Not sure what you expect her to do, ignore him? I'm sure most of us at work have to be nice to people we'd rather piss on, this is just another version of that

"I'm sure most of us at work have to be nice to people we'd rather piss on".

Ain't that the truth? I constantly marvel at my ability to force myself not to react to the unpleasant and unreasonable behaviour I regularly encounter at work. My stress ball has taken one hell of a hammering, though!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:51 - Jan 27 with 3226 viewslondonscottish

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 11:33 - Jan 27 by Jigsore

i think it's great we've taken back control by having no choice but to suck up to the most batshit US government since Nixon and undoubtedly the most unqualified

May is an invertebrate and is going to use the NHS as a bargaining chip to secure this 'special relationship'

I think in the minds of most US politicians the "special relationship" with the UK translates as "might use lube".

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:58 - Jan 27 with 3196 viewskensalriser

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 10:53 - Jan 27 by hoopdog

Do we need to worry about her not being elected when we have a labour mp putting the thoughts of the people of Hampstead and Highgate before that of the north of England the very birth place of the labour movement , a labour mp that supports eu's exploitation cheap unskilled eastern earo labour that only enhances the pockets of business at expense of the working classes

As my MP I fully support her having the courage of her convictions, and I don't agree with your conclusion. All workers wherever they come from are better protected by appropriate legislation and collective bargaining through legitimate trades unions.

And it's Hampstead and Kilburn by the way. I'm on the Kilburn side, obviously.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 13:16 - Jan 27 with 3135 viewsBklynRanger

My wife will 100% 'loose her sh*t' if I show her that article. We've just spent several months and over $4000 getting her a visa to work in the UK. Was bound to happen though.

As far as Trump's policies go my rule of thumb is I'm against anything that might lead to me lying on a bunk bed somewhere in China/Iran/Mexico listening to thrash metal with a platoon full of pimpled Midwesterners. So far it's not looking good.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 13:34 - Jan 27 with 3063 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm sure this could all be sorted over a nice cup of tea. There, there, it's calmed down already.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 13:36 - Jan 27 with 3108 viewshoopdog

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:58 - Jan 27 by kensalriser

As my MP I fully support her having the courage of her convictions, and I don't agree with your conclusion. All workers wherever they come from are better protected by appropriate legislation and collective bargaining through legitimate trades unions.

So what if it's Hampstead and Kilburn that's just small minded nit picking ! the the point is She's one of the modern day politicians that that use Labour as vehicle to enhance their position instead of any belief she hasn't got in the Labour movement , which also makes wonder what interest you have in the Labour movement other than what you might get out of what benifits Labour might achieve
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 15:27 - Jan 27 with 3009 viewslondonscottish

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 12:58 - Jan 27 by kensalriser

Makes sense to me.

If you're a London in MP in area where the vote was 2:1 or 3:1 in favour of Remain what are you supposed to do? Just ignore it?

BTW I'm not trying to stop the process, just pointing out the problems being faced by London MP's being asked to "ignore the will of the people".

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 16:50 - Jan 27 with 2933 viewsBklynRanger

There was a stat on Newsnight on Wednesday (I think it was Wednesday) that most Labour MPs are either in constituencies that voted remain or have a majority over 10,000. So apparently very few of them actually face that 'overturning the will of the people' question. Obviously some of them still do.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 17:09 - Jan 27 with 2911 viewsWatford_Ranger

Call me old-fashioned but I'd like MPs to vote on what they feel is in the country's best interests.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 19:53 - Jan 27 with 2827 viewsBromleyHoop

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 11:08 - Jan 27 by francisbowles

In the last 100 years we have changed prime minister 24 times.

12 of these took the job without being elected.May

Lloyd George, Baldwin (twice), Chamberlain, Churchill, Eden, McMillan, Douglas-Home, Callaghan and Major as well as Brown and May.

Only five of these, so far, have subsequently 'been elected'

Very misleading! Every Prime Minister we've had has, strictly speaking, been unelected by the British public. That is because we do not have a Presidential system. The British public vote for a party, irrespective of who the leader is. The Parliamentary party then chooose an MP to lead them although Jeremy Corbyn is changing the process for the Labour Party as he wants the Party membership to choose a leader. Either way the voting public don't choose who the Prime Minister is.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 20:16 - Jan 27 with 2805 viewsTW_R

What do class as "unqualified".

We've got a Secretary of Education who worked as an accountant and has never worked in education, a Secretary of State for Transport who's got a BA in Art and worked as a producer at the BBC before becoming an MP without ever working in the transport industry and a Secretary of State for Health, who's also got an arts degree, and the closest he's ever been to the NHS is being born in a hospital.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 20:44 - Jan 27 with 2776 viewsBrightonhoop

This is a major problem folks are refusing to recognise, that the NHS as we we know it will be gone in a couple more years. They have already given Branson the prime bits in the south west and Trump will take the rest.

The other thing emerging is Trump wants a 30 day veto/cancellation clause on any Trade Deal.

So that's secure then.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 21:04 - Jan 27 with 2745 viewsMrSheen

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 20:44 - Jan 27 by Brightonhoop

This is a major problem folks are refusing to recognise, that the NHS as we we know it will be gone in a couple more years. They have already given Branson the prime bits in the south west and Trump will take the rest.

The other thing emerging is Trump wants a 30 day veto/cancellation clause on any Trade Deal.

So that's secure then.

Bit of a stretch on Brandon. "Prime bits of the South West" = adult social care in Bath and North East Somerset. Less than 0.1% of the NHS budget.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 21:16 - Jan 27 with 2724 viewsBrightonhoop

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 21:04 - Jan 27 by MrSheen

Bit of a stretch on Brandon. "Prime bits of the South West" = adult social care in Bath and North East Somerset. Less than 0.1% of the NHS budget.

Well, he's working 8 dys a week for free. No explanation for giving him 0.1% of the NHS budget. I suspect that's alot of money or free.
Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 21:28 - Jan 27 with 2710 viewsMrSheen

Tonight I am ashamed of my country's leader on 21:16 - Jan 27 by Brightonhoop

Well, he's working 8 dys a week for free. No explanation for giving him 0.1% of the NHS budget. I suspect that's alot of money or free.

I think it's to run 200 social care centres, not have Branson descending from heaven once in a while. Ironically Virgin's for-profit healthcare subsidiary makes a big loss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024