Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ODH - load of old coblers 21:58 - Sep 4 with 5603 viewsLblock

I wish him well (no really Bazza - I do!)

Despite the Cobblers always beating us in the cup I have an affinity for the club as a dear old friend of mine was on the board there a few years back. Don't like to see them being put through the mire

However if those fans thoguht they'd seen some garbage before, hang on peeps, you're abouts to be bored to safety!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

ODH - load of old coblers on 22:46 - Sep 4 with 3933 viewssmegma

No idea what this is about
ODH - load of old coblers on 23:33 - Sep 4 with 3868 viewsdanehoop

Jimmy floyd hasselbank has just been made manager of Northampton Town.

I hold no animosity towards him. Tried hard for us coming in at a difficult time as young hungry manager looking to progress. didn't quite work, but unlike many of his predecessors he tried and occasionally got it right without wasting huge sums of cash, or lumbering us with too many stiffs.

Good luck to him and hope he gets it going well at the cobblers.

Never knowingly understood

ODH - load of old coblers on 09:28 - Sep 5 with 3683 viewsdaveB

don't really have a problem with JFH, He did his best in tough circumstances losing his best player and several others just trying to avoid injury before they moved on. The style of football was crap to watch and we were heading down the table when he left but we've had worse and the situation he left us in wasn't disasterous
ODH - load of old coblers on 10:05 - Sep 5 with 3633 viewsSimonJames

ODH - load of old coblers on 09:28 - Sep 5 by daveB

don't really have a problem with JFH, He did his best in tough circumstances losing his best player and several others just trying to avoid injury before they moved on. The style of football was crap to watch and we were heading down the table when he left but we've had worse and the situation he left us in wasn't disasterous

"...we were heading down the table when he left..."

Somewhat alarmist! We were one point off 13th, which is more or less where we had been for most of the previous two months (in a season where most people expected us to finish mid table).
And the week after, when we beat Norwich, we were straight back to 13th (and only 4 points off a playoff position).

100% of people who drink water will die.

ODH - load of old coblers on 10:19 - Sep 5 with 3601 viewssmegma

ODH - load of old coblers on 23:33 - Sep 4 by danehoop

Jimmy floyd hasselbank has just been made manager of Northampton Town.

I hold no animosity towards him. Tried hard for us coming in at a difficult time as young hungry manager looking to progress. didn't quite work, but unlike many of his predecessors he tried and occasionally got it right without wasting huge sums of cash, or lumbering us with too many stiffs.

Good luck to him and hope he gets it going well at the cobblers.

Then who is ODH ??
ODH - load of old coblers on 10:26 - Sep 5 with 3583 viewsNorthernr

ODH - load of old coblers on 10:19 - Sep 5 by smegma

Then who is ODH ??

Do go raking up old graves.
ODH - load of old coblers on 10:31 - Sep 5 with 3560 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah, JFH was fired too quickly in my opinion. He was left to deal with huge holes leaving our attacking options and that was always going to take time. but hopefully we have the right man now. Good luck to Jimmy at the Cobblers.

Bare bones.

ODH - load of old coblers on 10:35 - Sep 5 with 3550 viewsBklynRanger

I never knew what ODH stood for, but I'm ok with that. I don't know what PPI stands for either.

I'm in agreement with Dane. I also think JFH inevitably showed a bit of the inflexible confidence that you get with managers who have been great players and that didn't help at times. Another clear example being that Welsh Ailsa from Home and Away lookalike we suffered under, and I'll always hold Jimmy in much higher esteem.
Login to get fewer ads

ODH - load of old coblers on 10:45 - Sep 5 with 3530 viewssmegma

ODH - load of old coblers on 10:26 - Sep 5 by Northernr

Do go raking up old graves.

Translation ??
ODH - load of old coblers on 11:59 - Sep 5 with 3444 viewsFDC

ODH was one of the hilarious TLAs* that were flying around LFW a while back. One-dimensional Hasselbaink I think.

*Three letter acronyms
ODH - load of old coblers on 12:01 - Sep 5 with 3434 viewseghamranger

ODH - load of old coblers on 11:59 - Sep 5 by FDC

ODH was one of the hilarious TLAs* that were flying around LFW a while back. One-dimensional Hasselbaink I think.

*Three letter acronyms

OIC
ODH - load of old coblers on 12:04 - Sep 5 with 3423 viewseastside_r

ODH - load of old coblers on 10:31 - Sep 5 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, JFH was fired too quickly in my opinion. He was left to deal with huge holes leaving our attacking options and that was always going to take time. but hopefully we have the right man now. Good luck to Jimmy at the Cobblers.

That's as may be, but the football under him was cobblers.
ODH - load of old coblers on 12:13 - Sep 5 with 3398 viewsBklynRanger

ODH - load of old coblers on 11:59 - Sep 5 by FDC

*Three letter acronyms

I'd been reading it as Old Dunder Head - knew that couldn't be right.
ODH - load of old coblers on 13:00 - Sep 5 with 3324 viewsTripleR

All these acronyms are unecessary. IMHO.
ODH - load of old coblers on 13:06 - Sep 5 with 3308 viewsdaveB

ODH - load of old coblers on 10:05 - Sep 5 by SimonJames

"...we were heading down the table when he left..."

Somewhat alarmist! We were one point off 13th, which is more or less where we had been for most of the previous two months (in a season where most people expected us to finish mid table).
And the week after, when we beat Norwich, we were straight back to 13th (and only 4 points off a playoff position).

not really alarmist, we had two wins in his last 12 games and were dropping down the table. We can't pretend it was all going well
ODH - load of old coblers on 13:10 - Sep 5 with 3300 viewsNorthernr

Our new scouting set up lasted a long time

ODH - load of old coblers on 13:33 - Sep 5 with 3218 viewsAntti_Heinola

ODH - load of old coblers on 13:10 - Sep 5 by Northernr

Our new scouting set up lasted a long time

Interesting. Where did David Oldfield go then?

Bare bones.

ODH - load of old coblers on 14:15 - Sep 5 with 3157 viewsSimonJames

ODH - load of old coblers on 13:06 - Sep 5 by daveB

not really alarmist, we had two wins in his last 12 games and were dropping down the table. We can't pretend it was all going well

The football was unattractive, but post Newcastle-spanking our league position was trending around 13th:

ODH - load of old coblers on 14:20 - Sep 5 with 3127 viewsdaveB

ODH - load of old coblers on 13:33 - Sep 5 by Antti_Heinola

He's at peterbrough
ODH - load of old coblers on 14:20 - Sep 5 with 3125 viewsNorthernr

ODH - load of old coblers on 13:33 - Sep 5 by Antti_Heinola

assisting Grant McCann at Peterborough.
ODH - load of old coblers on 14:23 - Sep 5 with 3110 viewsdaveB

ODH - load of old coblers on 14:15 - Sep 5 by SimonJames

The football was unattractive, but post Newcastle-spanking our league position was trending around 13th:

take that Norwich game out where he wasn't manager and your chart clearly shows we were dropping down the table. Wasn't freefall and end of the world stuff but it wasn't particularly good either.
ODH - load of old coblers on 14:35 - Sep 5 with 3094 viewsrsonist

Austin was never likely to be satisfied with a scouting role with us, but assistant manager at Northampton doesn't sound like it does much for the ambitions either.

JFH with a different, more cultivated assistant could be interesting though. I liked the idea of McLaren helping him out at the time - I still like the idea of Gerry (or some other Jackettesque senior figure) advising Ollie in fact, because Birch and Fleming are only ever going to be his attack dogs really. Perhaps we could have involved Austin, given time.
ODH - load of old coblers on 14:59 - Sep 5 with 3060 viewsSimonJames

ODH - load of old coblers on 14:23 - Sep 5 by daveB

take that Norwich game out where he wasn't manager and your chart clearly shows we were dropping down the table. Wasn't freefall and end of the world stuff but it wasn't particularly good either.

... and if I take the Forest result out we were very slowly creeping back UP the table.
You can't take ONE result and interpret that as a trend!

ODH - load of old coblers on 16:48 - Sep 5 with 2971 viewsdaveB

ODH - load of old coblers on 14:59 - Sep 5 by SimonJames

... and if I take the Forest result out we were very slowly creeping back UP the table.
You can't take ONE result and interpret that as a trend!

you can when JFH wasn't manager for that match, we were 7th then we won two of his last 12 games, no matter which way you spin it we were heading down the table. Hard to say if that would have continued but we weren't showing many signs of turning it round
ODH - load of old coblers on 17:15 - Sep 5 with 2927 viewsthame_hoops

ODH - load of old coblers on 16:48 - Sep 5 by daveB

you can when JFH wasn't manager for that match, we were 7th then we won two of his last 12 games, no matter which way you spin it we were heading down the table. Hard to say if that would have continued but we weren't showing many signs of turning it round

Not this again !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024