Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clints back 11:03 - Sep 11 with 15873 viewseghamranger

Short term deal to cover injurys... just gets better and better.

Maybe then a coaching role 🤞
Clints back on 15:31 - Sep 15 with 2710 viewsWadR

Presuming move collapsed over length of contract. He's trained with Chesterfield and Carlisle and I'm sure could get a deal at least until the end of the season somewhere closer to Liverpool in League 1 or 2.

Guessing we were offering a much shorter term deal.
Clints back on 15:41 - Sep 15 with 2637 viewsDorse

Clints back on 11:06 - Sep 11 by Dorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Clints back on 15:47 - Sep 15 with 2609 viewsBakes

We must have someone else lined up, what other free agent CB's are available? We can't go on with Jack Robinson at CB.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Clints back on 15:52 - Sep 15 with 2581 viewsHayesender

Clints back on 15:47 - Sep 15 by Bakes

We must have someone else lined up, what other free agent CB's are available? We can't go on with Jack Robinson at CB.

Isn't Alex Bruce available?

Would do a job till January at least

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Clints back on 15:52 - Sep 15 with 2579 viewsfrancisbowles

Clints back on 15:47 - Sep 15 by Bakes

Not everyone has got a Morrison up front, he is learning the role and he kept going till the end. So I'm not saying it's ideal but it's probably all we have for tomorrow and then see what happens.
Clints back on 15:54 - Sep 15 with 2568 viewsBakes

Bassong anyone?

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Clints back on 16:42 - Sep 15 with 2417 viewsfrancisbowles

I think I would prefer to stick with our own rather than bring in someone who was below the required standard for this league last year. Better to persevere with Jack or blood a youngster. Hopefully Lynch and Onuoha won't be out for too long. Of course if it all goes wrong and we plummet down the league, then we might need to try someone.

Ned will be a huge miss because if you are playing an inexperienced player you would ideally want him alongside them.
Clints back on 17:20 - Sep 15 with 2292 viewsolderR

Clints back on 15:31 - Sep 15 by WadR

Presuming move collapsed over length of contract. He's trained with Chesterfield and Carlisle and I'm sure could get a deal at least until the end of the season somewhere closer to Liverpool in League 1 or 2.

Guessing we were offering a much shorter term deal.

Horror of horrors Maybe it's money.

Clint Hill in not willing to play for the love of the R's shock.
Login to get fewer ads

Clints back on 17:26 - Sep 15 with 2281 viewsNorthernr

Clints back on 17:20 - Sep 15 by olderR

Horror of horrors Maybe it's money.

Clint Hill in not willing to play for the love of the R's shock.

I'll be amazed if it's not money.

We've got one of the biggest squads in the league - bigger than every team we've played so far. We're trying to cut the wage bill season on season. We're probably right on the limit of what Hoos thinks we can pay in salaries.
Clints back on 17:37 - Sep 15 with 2248 viewsmakaveli1882

Clints back on 17:26 - Sep 15 by Northernr

We've got one of the biggest squads in the league - bigger than every team we've played so far. We're trying to cut the wage bill season on season. We're probably right on the limit of what Hoos thinks we can pay in salaries.

It is and was, will speak to you at Burton Clive,

Shame really, but Club correct not to sign up.
Clints back on 18:19 - Sep 15 with 2155 viewsbosh67

It certainly sounds like they couldn't reach a financial agreement. Or perhaps it was down to the length of the agreement. Perhaps they were only offering a few months and that would then limit his chances of getting something at a lower level until the end of the season? Who knows?

Although I still suspect that he will be back at some point in terms of coaching.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clints back on 19:24 - Sep 15 with 2060 viewsNW5Hoop

Realistically, we should only have been offering peanuts to a player with no club who turns 39 next week. And we should only have been offering a deal till January. I presume that's what happened, and Hill wasn't interested. Which is completely his prerogative.

I have to say, I'm glad this fell through. I wouldn't have wanted to see some 20 year old run rings around him. Lest we forget, for all his organisational abilities and leadership, by the end of his last spell here, you knew that if the ball went behind him, he would need a taxi to get within hailing distance of any striker running through.

I hope he succeeds in getting a deal somewhere. And I hope he succeeds in getting a coaching job, though I'd rather that was because he clearly shows promise as a coach, rather than out of sentiment.
Clints back on 23:15 - Sep 15 with 1799 viewsPunteR

probably for the best.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Clints back on 00:43 - Sep 16 with 1759 viewsPunteR

He;s seen a lot of money spent our club . Must be a difficult decision to move his family back down and earn maybe more than half of what he did earn before.
My gut feeling though is he's made a wrong decision. It shouldnt be about the money at his age and stage in his career If thats what it is.
39..? He should be hanging up his boots lets face it. A coaching career should be his main priority and im sure he would have had that option at rangers..it would have been a good starting point im sure.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2017 8:30]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024