Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilllys half time team talk 21:24 - Feb 28 with 8504 viewsswiggy

What did he say to make us from contenders to lying down and being tickled?
Hilllys half time team talk on 21:35 - Feb 28 with 7104 viewsdalenumber2

Think what the Spurs manager said has made the difference
Hilllys half time team talk on 21:54 - Feb 28 with 6993 viewsdownunder

Hilllys half time team talk on 21:35 - Feb 28 by dalenumber2

Individual class of a couple of Spurs players, was the difference in the end. Now, at least, let's have a decent crack at staying up.
Hilllys half time team talk on 22:11 - Feb 28 with 6891 viewskiwidale

Hilllys half time team talk on 21:54 - Feb 28 by downunder

Individual class of a couple of Spurs players, was the difference in the end. Now, at least, let's have a decent crack at staying up.

Bit of a disappointment in the end and quite honestly glad its over I'm happy with the cup run and delighted with the money but 6-1 was cruel. The league is far more important always was.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hilllys half time team talk on 22:18 - Feb 28 with 6834 viewsShun

I think it was Hill's decision to change to a back 4 that cost us. We went from genuinely contending in the first half to rolling over in the second. No blame, we've had a magnificent cup run. I'm disappointed though, the result says 6-1 but that doesn't tell the story of how well we played in that first half.
Hilllys half time team talk on 22:23 - Feb 28 with 6793 viewsanotherbiffo

Balls to Tottenham, balls to wembley, balls to VAR and balls to the Premier league. Here's to proper man football and you staying up. Not withstanding the thumping we're going to give you at Spotland...

Have a safe journey home.
Hilllys half time team talk on 22:42 - Feb 28 with 6634 views442Dale

Hilllys half time team talk on 22:18 - Feb 28 by Shun

I think it was Hill's decision to change to a back 4 that cost us. We went from genuinely contending in the first half to rolling over in the second. No blame, we've had a magnificent cup run. I'm disappointed though, the result says 6-1 but that doesn't tell the story of how well we played in that first half.

He went to the four after they scored a couple. Defensively we were susceptible to runners all night (understandable!), but we needed to play the first ten mins after the break in their half and that meant turning them and making them face their own goal. We never got out at all.

That first half was the pinnacle of a Dale fan’s life, everything about the day contributed at that point.

Has Wembley ever seen a game with that much snow on the pitch?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilllys half time team talk on 22:50 - Feb 28 with 6583 viewsboromat

Second half Tottenham went alot more attacking at one point we had possession and they still had a man on each of our three centre backs. It sent our defence into mass panic they didn't know what to do.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hilllys half time team talk on 23:13 - Feb 28 with 6464 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilllys half time team talk on 22:50 - Feb 28 by boromat

Second half Tottenham went alot more attacking at one point we had possession and they still had a man on each of our three centre backs. It sent our defence into mass panic they didn't know what to do.

We were all over the place......Hilly knew the game was up and he brought on Joey T and the Kid Adshead......to give them a taste. You could say why not?

6-1 it was then.
Login to get fewer ads

Hilllys half time team talk on 23:25 - Feb 28 with 6392 viewsDiddyDave

A most memorable game for the Dale,shame that I think it`s going to be remembered for an absolute ridiculous first half brought about by that equally ridiculous VAR,does it stand for Very Average Rubbish? Spurs disallowed goal should`ve stood,and why did the penalty kick not be retaken? It is a dead ball situation,same as a goal kick or a free kick,so once again,it looks like they`ve mucked about with the game`s laws. The snow obviously contributed to the evening,people will be talking about this for many years to come. Great show Rochdale,let`s get our backsides into gear now and get clear of the bottom.
Hilllys half time team talk on 23:29 - Feb 28 with 6379 viewsDaleiLama

Hilllys half time team talk on 21:35 - Feb 28 by dalenumber2

Quite. They started fairly quickly and we were caught like rabbits in the headlights, but we still got back on level terms. In the second half though, Spurs outgunned us. Faster, more skilful and more clinical. They've done that to better teams than us though so no shame in that.

For three halves out of four, we stayed with them. Not many teams in the PL will be able to say that at the end of the season. Just a shame we conceded 5 in the second half, but we had a great run and created a big buzz for RAFC. Even impressed a few along the way.

Back to the job in hand now.

Edit: Spurs 1-1 Rochdale
Stephen Humphrys' goal ended a run of 500 minutes for Tottenham without conceding at Wembley. ............. not bad
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 23:54]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hilllys half time team talk on 00:16 - Mar 1 with 6228 viewsDalenet

Hilllys half time team talk on 23:25 - Feb 28 by DiddyDave

A most memorable game for the Dale,shame that I think it`s going to be remembered for an absolute ridiculous first half brought about by that equally ridiculous VAR,does it stand for Very Average Rubbish? Spurs disallowed goal should`ve stood,and why did the penalty kick not be retaken? It is a dead ball situation,same as a goal kick or a free kick,so once again,it looks like they`ve mucked about with the game`s laws. The snow obviously contributed to the evening,people will be talking about this for many years to come. Great show Rochdale,let`s get our backsides into gear now and get clear of the bottom.

The rules of the game explain why the penalty kick wasn't retaken. The BBC website has the story. In a Div 1 game I suspect the ref would never be brave enough to disallow it in the first place. How shocking that a Premiership pen taker doesn't know the rules.

But agree that VAR was shocking and the ref should be allowed to make his own decisions and only refer it if he is unsure.

Overall whilst disappointed to see the lads struggle in the second half, they have done us all proud in the cup run and they can be chuffed to bits that they got to play at Wembley.

Now can we please get the game on for Saturday and start the league campaign as if it is the first game. Forget what has happened so far.
Hilllys half time team talk on 03:37 - Mar 1 with 6012 viewsDiddyDave

Hilllys half time team talk on 00:16 - Mar 1 by Dalenet

The rules of the game explain why the penalty kick wasn't retaken. The BBC website has the story. In a Div 1 game I suspect the ref would never be brave enough to disallow it in the first place. How shocking that a Premiership pen taker doesn't know the rules.

But agree that VAR was shocking and the ref should be allowed to make his own decisions and only refer it if he is unsure.

Overall whilst disappointed to see the lads struggle in the second half, they have done us all proud in the cup run and they can be chuffed to bits that they got to play at Wembley.

Now can we please get the game on for Saturday and start the league campaign as if it is the first game. Forget what has happened so far.

Thank you,just read the rules on the BBC page on "feinting" that the International Football Association Board thought up when taking a penalty. It contradicts itself by saying an indirect free kick shall be awarded if the penalty taker feints,presumably for "ungentlemanly conduct" as we used to call it,yet also states that feinting is permissible! That crackpot rule (law),coupled with the VAR total joke and one or two other things that I personally think are completely unnecessary is turning the game into a farce. Wonder what they`ll think up before the World Cup starts in June? I wouldn`t be a modern day referee for a kings ransom.
Hilllys half time team talk on 04:15 - Mar 1 with 5963 viewsBazzanne

Hilllys half time team talk on 03:37 - Mar 1 by DiddyDave

Thank you,just read the rules on the BBC page on "feinting" that the International Football Association Board thought up when taking a penalty. It contradicts itself by saying an indirect free kick shall be awarded if the penalty taker feints,presumably for "ungentlemanly conduct" as we used to call it,yet also states that feinting is permissible! That crackpot rule (law),coupled with the VAR total joke and one or two other things that I personally think are completely unnecessary is turning the game into a farce. Wonder what they`ll think up before the World Cup starts in June? I wouldn`t be a modern day referee for a kings ransom.

Not withstanding the result, I am proud of my " little club " Rochdale. Keep those heads up boys and keep us in league 1.
Hilllys half time team talk on 06:26 - Mar 1 with 5843 viewsNigeriamark

Hilllys half time team talk on 22:42 - Feb 28 by 442Dale

He went to the four after they scored a couple. Defensively we were susceptible to runners all night (understandable!), but we needed to play the first ten mins after the break in their half and that meant turning them and making them face their own goal. We never got out at all.

That first half was the pinnacle of a Dale fan’s life, everything about the day contributed at that point.

Has Wembley ever seen a game with that much snow on the pitch?

Son was absolutely brilliant for them and ran us ragged ( played well in the first game too). Unfortunately a guy who couldn't hit a barn door all season suddenly clicked and got 3 in no time. We probably needed to keep it level for 15 minutes of the second half to have put some pressure on Spurs but not to be with that goal after a minute

Overall we can be very proud of the 2 matches & hope to take that effort into the league now
Hilllys half time team talk on 08:45 - Mar 1 with 5604 viewsShun

I echo others' comments that we can be really proud of our club for the run we've been on and the football we've played played, but I've woken up thoroughly depressed after that. I didn't realistically expect us to get anything from the match but I genuinely didn't expect a hammering either. I think that scoreline is cruel and our players and fans didn't deserve it.
Hilllys half time team talk on 08:54 - Mar 1 with 5559 viewshoniton99

Plymouth fan here in peace.I went to the game last night and thought the Dale were superb in the first half.Really going toe to toe with a premier league club ..Also playing proper football as Rochdale have done for several years .
Going to the match Saturday if it survives.Does anybody know what the chances are currently please?
Hilllys half time team talk on 08:56 - Mar 1 with 5553 viewsThe_Knightowl

I was in the Spurs end and the compliments towards the Dale were gushing. Even at 5-1 we tried to pass the ball around and play football credit where credit is due. I also thought the surface didn't help and was contributory to Humpreys injury. Ironic we can blame the surface but proud of the team proud of the support and their vocals also proud two flares have shown how poor the security can be (which could be a serious issue).
Hilllys half time team talk on 08:57 - Mar 1 with 5543 viewsTVOS1907

Hilllys half time team talk on 08:54 - Mar 1 by honiton99

Plymouth fan here in peace.I went to the game last night and thought the Dale were superb in the first half.Really going toe to toe with a premier league club ..Also playing proper football as Rochdale have done for several years .
Going to the match Saturday if it survives.Does anybody know what the chances are currently please?

At this point I would say less than zero!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilllys half time team talk on 09:02 - Mar 1 with 5529 viewsDaleiLama

Hilllys half time team talk on 08:45 - Mar 1 by Shun

I echo others' comments that we can be really proud of our club for the run we've been on and the football we've played played, but I've woken up thoroughly depressed after that. I didn't realistically expect us to get anything from the match but I genuinely didn't expect a hammering either. I think that scoreline is cruel and our players and fans didn't deserve it.

Don't despair Shun. This season, some big Spurs league wins have been:

4-0 Huddersfield (a), 3-0 Everton (a), 4-1 Liverpool, 3-1 Real Madrid, 5-2 S'hampton, 5-1 Stoke, 4-0 Everton.

OK, we played a less than full strength team, but they are still pretty good. I think we made lots of fans in the football world. We played as well as we could have done first half and in the first game at home. The wheels came off and the scoreline was cruel, but we live to fight another day. We certainly didn't disgrace ourselves in any way, despite the scoreline, in my eyes!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hilllys half time team talk on 09:25 - Mar 1 with 5445 viewsSandyman

Thanks for the complimentary words.
Saturday? Given the -6 temperatures last night and sub-Zero temperatures prior to that, and the heavy snow that is falling, and sticking, today, I'd say no chance barring a heatwave, which has not been forecast.
Hilllys half time team talk on 09:59 - Mar 1 with 5358 viewsboroblue

Totally proud of the team for that run and particularly the two Spurs games and still think we are in a false position in the league given that we are capable of that even though the league table does reflect the poor results.

Also proud of the 5,000 who made it down there, however, I would rather have had 4,980 fans there than the 20 or so who thought it was funny to make the gassing noises (who probably won't even have a clue why they are doing it).

I am not offended by it, just embarassed to be associated with them!

Add to that those imbeciles with the flares too!
[Post edited 1 Mar 2018 10:01]
Hilllys half time team talk on 15:32 - Mar 1 with 4887 viewsJumeirahDale

I believe the difference on just "feinting" vs. "unsportsmanlike conduct" is that feinting is allowed in the run-up to try and send the keeper the wrong way, but if the player stops right before his strike and waits for the keeper to move one way, then shoots the other, it is unsportsmanlike. Just my guess, but I can see this leading to keepers being taught to dive as soon as they see a player feint to try and force the issue. So the rule will probably end up changing again!
Hilllys half time team talk on 15:33 - Mar 1 with 4884 viewsdingdangblue

Hilllys half time team talk on 08:57 - Mar 1 by TVOS1907

At this point I would say less than zero!

Minus 6 ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilllys half time team talk on 15:35 - Mar 1 with 4878 viewsBartRowou

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g315954-Activities-Honiton_Devon_Engla

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hilllys half time team talk on 15:38 - Mar 1 with 4874 viewsTVOS1907

Hilllys half time team talk on 15:33 - Mar 1 by dingdangblue

Minus 6 ?

Well that’s <0, so possibly.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024