Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo sending off 17:19 - Apr 14 with 16690 viewsYouTubeDale

What on earth is Hendo thinking? He loses his race against his man in a position which isn’t dangerous. Does he stamp???

If it’s a professional foul he will miss one game, if it’s dangerous play he will miss four games.

We await a massive decision.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2018 17:44]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hendo sending off on 09:40 - Apr 15 with 3221 viewsYouTubeDale

Hendo sending off on 09:27 - Apr 15 by VivaDonaldo

You mean the Pygmy that got involved off the ball with Raff shortly before he was substituted?

Not a single yellow for Peterborough yesterday. Could this have something to do with their red from last week being overturned.

Silly foul by hendo but not reckless or dangerous enough to be a red. Nowhere near a goalscoring opportunity so the referee would have to say that it was "Serious Foul Play"

For that to apply hendo would have to be using excessive force. He doesn't hack at him only clips his leg. I think we have a chance at an appeal.

Yes, I agree. Should have been a yellow.

Hendo plays on Tuesday then...

Hendo sending off on 09:54 - Apr 15 with 3176 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo sending off on 09:09 - Apr 15 by The_DJ

Keith Hill uses the 'term' in his interview.

And?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hendo sending off on 10:10 - Apr 15 with 3138 viewsSandyman

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

"SENDING-OFF OFFENCES
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY
...Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

On that interpretation, regrettably, Hendo was dealt with according to the rules.
Hendo sending off on 10:23 - Apr 15 with 3082 viewsaleanddale

Hendo sending off on 10:10 - Apr 15 by Sandyman

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

"SENDING-OFF OFFENCES
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY
...Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

On that interpretation, regrettably, Hendo was dealt with according to the rules.

What was he thinking!

Would an appeal mean he could play Tuesday but that could be his last game of the season?

A 4 game ban after Oldham?

Just when we were building some momentum FFS.

And I love Hendo - Dale legend but oh dear he is 6ft away from the ball.
Hendo sending off on 10:52 - Apr 15 with 3037 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo sending off on 10:10 - Apr 15 by Sandyman

"SENDING-OFF OFFENCES
SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

Maybe we could argue that he wasn't challenging for the ball! 😉
In all seriousness...
I'd argue that it wasn't excessive force or endangering the safety of the player? He lunges because he is so far ahead of him - not to hurt him but just to catch him. Even the player getting up straight away to have a go at Hendo may count in his favour?
The club will definitely appeal but will Hendo's past misdemeanours be taken into account by the F.A?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 10:58]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo sending off on 10:57 - Apr 15 with 3017 views442Dale

Hendo sending off on 10:52 - Apr 15 by dingdangblue

In all seriousness...
I'd argue that it wasn't excessive force or endangering the safety of the player? He lunges because he is so far ahead of him - not to hurt him but just to catch him. Even the player getting up straight away to have a go at Hendo may count in his favour?
The club will definitely appeal but will Hendo's past misdemeanours be taken into account by the F.A?

A lot depends on whether there are football people on the panel and what Jason Pearce is up to.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hendo sending off on 11:01 - Apr 15 with 3004 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo sending off on 10:57 - Apr 15 by 442Dale

A lot depends on whether there are football people on the panel and what Jason Pearce is up to.

Basically he just 'legged him up'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo sending off on 11:04 - Apr 15 with 2999 viewsD_Alien

Hendo sending off on 10:57 - Apr 15 by 442Dale

I think we can now amend that to "professional football people"

[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 11:05]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Hendo sending off on 11:11 - Apr 15 with 2962 viewsaleanddale

In all seriousness...

It looks bad because he is so far away from the ball.

Shocking decision making especially with the centre half coming across as cover
Hendo sending off on 11:12 - Apr 15 with 2957 viewsYouTubeDale

Hendo sending off on 11:01 - Apr 15 by dingdangblue

Well he is leggend !

Hendo sending off on 11:13 - Apr 15 with 2951 viewssince58

Hendo sending off on 11:01 - Apr 15 by dingdangblue

Red card all day long if that was hendo on the receiving end of that challenge
we would have been going mad.
Hendo sending off on 11:14 - Apr 15 with 2944 viewsTVOS1907

In all seriousness...

No

Hendo sending off on 12:16 - Apr 15 with 2828 viewsDaley_Lama

Hendo sending off on 11:13 - Apr 15 by since58

You would.I wouldn’t.

Poll: DF in or out

Hendo sending off on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 2823 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo sending off on 12:16 - Apr 15 by Daley_Lama

You would.I wouldn’t.

A lot would.

Hendo sending off on 12:30 - Apr 15 with 2790 viewsDaley_Lama

Hendo sending off on 12:18 - Apr 15 by TVOS1907

A lot would.

Viva la difference.

Poll: DF in or out

Hendo sending off on 12:50 - Apr 15 with 2748 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo sending off on 12:30 - Apr 15 by Daley_Lama

Viva la difference.

Plus ca change

Hendo sending off on 13:23 - Apr 15 with 2689 viewssweetcorn

Hendo sending off on 11:13 - Apr 15 by since58

Personally wouldnt.. it was a cynical challenge stopping them from breaking away, you see at least one of those a game and it’s almost always a yellow card.

I hope the club are appealing this, as we have more chance of overturning this one, than any of the previous attempts.

Can’t really afford to be missing henderson tuesday, as the other options are very limited..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hendo sending off on 13:51 - Apr 15 with 2618 viewsMoonyDale

Hendo sending off on 13:23 - Apr 15 by sweetcorn

Personally wouldnt.. it was a cynical challenge stopping them from breaking away, you see at least one of those a game and it’s almost always a yellow card.

I hope the club are appealing this, as we have more chance of overturning this one, than any of the previous attempts.

Can’t really afford to be missing henderson tuesday, as the other options are very limited..

Red card all day long, lunged from the back with studs showing. Ridiculous challenge and I'll be amazed if the decision is reduced to a yellow....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hendo sending off on 14:22 - Apr 15 with 2553 viewsBrierls

Any suggestion that Hendo lost his head are wide of the mark. He knew exactly what he was trying to do, and that was to deliberately bring down their player and stop the momentum of the attack.

It wasn’t a vicious challenge, but I do wish he hadn’t made it. Hendo had to launch himself to even get close to the player, which looked bad, but he wasn’t two footed or lunging when he made contact. The referee was influenced by the mob of Peterborough players, who epitomised their odious management team of Evans and Raynor in calling for anything and everything, but ultimately Hendo had given him an opportunity to consider a red card.

I think we’ll appeal purely on the basis that Hendo will be such a huge miss for four games. Even if I think the red was harsh, I’m not sure the EFL will have the minerals to against one of their own and rescind the red card. If it was cricket, unfortunately, this would be “umpires call”.
Hendo sending off on 15:11 - Apr 15 with 2483 viewsDaleiLama

Hendo bagged 13 of our 45 goals. I wonder if Doney gets a run out up front (paired with Calvin?) or we stick with a Calvin and Humphrys partnership?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hendo sending off on 15:15 - Apr 15 with 2467 viewssteofthedale

To my eye it appears the only intent was to play the man. Hendo has to launch himself with both feet off the ground and manages to make contact with the opponent's calf with his the studs of one boot.

I cannot see the red being over turned.

steofthedale*

Hendo sending off on 15:20 - Apr 15 with 2459 viewsSalwaDale

Hendo sending off on 15:15 - Apr 15 by steofthedale

To my eye it appears the only intent was to play the man. Hendo has to launch himself with both feet off the ground and manages to make contact with the opponent's calf with his the studs of one boot.

I cannot see the red being over turned.

I agree.Had he caught his foot it would be a yellow but it looked like he caught his calf with studs. If this is the case then no chance.

Edit: Just watched it again and it does indeed look like he caught his foot.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2018 16:27]

TBBT

Hendo sending off on 15:41 - Apr 15 with 2409 viewssykeboy

Hendo sending off on 15:11 - Apr 15 by DaleiLama

Hendo bagged 13 of our 45 goals. I wonder if Doney gets a run out up front (paired with Calvin?) or we stick with a Calvin and Humphrys partnership?

Commented similar on another thread, think Done’s energy and closing down he would be a good call to replace Henderson and Hart given a run at LB, on the sending off it’s a shocking challenge which I’m sure he deeply regrets but one that was totally needless and his absence could be crucial
Hendo sending off on 16:43 - Apr 15 with 2308 viewsYouTubeDale

With or without Hendo we are going to fly...let battle commence.

Hendo sending off on 18:00 - Apr 15 with 2192 viewsShun

Hendo sending off on 15:41 - Apr 15 by sykeboy

Commented similar on another thread, think Done’s energy and closing down he would be a good call to replace Henderson and Hart given a run at LB, on the sending off it’s a shocking challenge which I’m sure he deeply regrets but one that was totally needless and his absence could be crucial

Completely forgot about Hart. I've only seen him for 10 minutes at Wigan and he looked comfortable there, but I don't know what he's like attacking. To play in this formation and replicate Done he'd need to fly forwards a lot. If that's the case I'd love to see Andrew and Done as the front two.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024