Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No deal 21:03 - Mar 19 with 7207 viewsLala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/19/uk/brexit-act-one-is-com

Are we careering out of the EU then?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

No deal on 20:49 - Mar 20 with 554 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 20:45 - Mar 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

5 Minutes of my life I wont get back.

PS How many times did she use "I" in that statement?

As I thought. No capacity for change. Pathetic.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

No deal on 20:57 - Mar 20 with 547 viewsspudgun

No deal on 20:49 - Mar 20 by ROTTWEILERS

As I thought. No capacity for change. Pathetic.

TM attempting to blame everything on Parliament, even though she has been totally intransigent and has denied promised Commons time for indicative votes to break the impasse.

Massive difference in tone from her tetchy PMQ persona. Utterly false and disingenuous; her own MPs probably aren`t going to wear this...
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 20:58]
No deal on 21:14 - Mar 20 with 538 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

No deal on 21:27 - Mar 20 with 532 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 21:14 - Mar 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

What happened, nothing??

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

No deal on 21:30 - Mar 20 with 529 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

It was bizarre Spell, if I didn't know better I'd say she uses the same scriptwriter as Owen Oyston.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

No deal on 21:35 - Mar 20 with 523 viewsspudgun

No deal on 21:27 - Mar 20 by spell_chekker

What happened, nothing??

Somebody has to take the blame for the torpor and she is putting Parliament in to bat on that one. She claims she is doing all she can to enact `the will of the people` and those pesky Parliamentarians keep thwarting her. So she just wanted Britain to know it isn`t her fault at all, and they are totally to blame for not agreeing with her.

Dobbed them in basically.

Desperate stuff...
No deal on 21:36 - Mar 20 with 520 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 21:30 - Mar 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

It was bizarre Spell, if I didn't know better I'd say she uses the same scriptwriter as Owen Oyston.

I've just had a look at the BBC news site - it's going to be a no deal exit in 9 days.

Is she playing a game of chicken to see if the MPs blink first?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

No deal on 21:38 - Mar 20 with 519 viewskophero

No deal on 21:30 - Mar 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Mixed feelings for me. Yes she sounds tetchy. Yes she is partly to blame. But she took on Mission Impossible and she did deliver a deal of sorts and no one is offering a different one. I think speaking over the heads of MPs to the 52% isn't a bad tactic actually and some of them may get a hard time in their constituencies this weekend.
Login to get fewer ads

No deal on 21:39 - Mar 20 with 515 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Been an hour since that speech, and as pointed out on the news channels, they can find one positive tweet from any MP or political correspondent about it.

No deal on 21:41 - Mar 20 with 514 viewsLala

Agree with that Kophero. Funny how we all see things differently.

Damn sure most of them opposing don’t want a no deal but as Spell says if no one blinks first we could be headed that way.

No deal on 22:00 - Mar 20 with 497 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 21:41 - Mar 20 by Lala

Damn sure most of them opposing don’t want a no deal but as Spell says if no one blinks first we could be headed that way.

The whole process has been one losing roll of the dice after another by the Tory party and this is no different.

Unimpressed with JC too. He can sit and talk with terrorists - which I don't criticise him for by the way - but can't chew the fat with Chuka Umunna. What a whopper!

No deal on 22:04 - Mar 20 with 496 viewsspudgun

No deal on 21:41 - Mar 20 by Lala

Yep, it was a tough gig, but she hasn`t been receptive to any view other than her own. Cross-party committees should have been formed to talk to each other months ago in order to find common ground and possible compromise ways forward.

May is unbelievably stubborn and intransigent, Corbyn has been indecisive and lacking in intellect, and too many MPs are either ideologically unsound (most of the ERG), or just plain dim ( McVey, Dorries and Bravaman stand out in a very over crowded field).
No deal on 22:08 - Mar 20 with 490 viewsjanegallagher

No deal on 22:04 - Mar 20 by spudgun

Yep, it was a tough gig, but she hasn`t been receptive to any view other than her own. Cross-party committees should have been formed to talk to each other months ago in order to find common ground and possible compromise ways forward.

May is unbelievably stubborn and intransigent, Corbyn has been indecisive and lacking in intellect, and too many MPs are either ideologically unsound (most of the ERG), or just plain dim ( McVey, Dorries and Bravaman stand out in a very over crowded field).

Not sure of a cross party when she can’t even get her own party to agree. As kop says Mission Impossible

We’ve got Simon Sadler

No deal on 22:14 - Mar 20 with 487 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I know some Tory MPs had private meetings over Brexit, with Corbyn last week, so he should have seen the move to invite Chuka (even though they are not a party and he's not their leader).

However all the other opposition party leaders who stayed have said she wont listen, and was a waste of time.

No deal on 22:26 - Mar 20 with 479 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 22:14 - Mar 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I know some Tory MPs had private meetings over Brexit, with Corbyn last week, so he should have seen the move to invite Chuka (even though they are not a party and he's not their leader).

However all the other opposition party leaders who stayed have said she wont listen, and was a waste of time.

Negotiations have been flawed from the start.

The UK are asking people who don't believe in Brexit to negotiate a way out of Europe.

Doomed to failure from the start.

No deal on 22:39 - Mar 20 with 474 viewsLala

Send the Muckers in, they’ll sort it

No deal on 22:46 - Mar 20 with 470 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 22:26 - Mar 20 by spell_chekker

Negotiations have been flawed from the start.

The UK are asking people who don't believe in Brexit to negotiate a way out of Europe.

Doomed to failure from the start.

The mandate from the electorate (as a whole) was the slimmest of slim Brexits. That's what most MPs and the public can get behind. All else is folly. Simples.

No deal on 08:28 - Mar 21 with 460 viewsspudgun

No deal on 22:46 - Mar 20 by ROTTWEILERS

The mandate from the electorate (as a whole) was the slimmest of slim Brexits. That's what most MPs and the public can get behind. All else is folly. Simples.

Just listened to an interview on LBC whereby Barry Gardiner defended Corbyn`s actions for walking out of the meeting, to which Umunna was invited, because Labour are unaware of who funds the TIGGERS. Really?

Hardly makes Corbyn look a statesman when he declared at PMQ that Britain was in the grip of a `national crisis`. What a fool the man is.

Unfortunately for us Brexit has coincided with the election of probably the two most ineffectual and myopic leaders of the two major parties in living history.
No deal on 09:15 - Mar 21 with 456 viewsjanegallagher

No deal on 08:28 - Mar 21 by spudgun

Just listened to an interview on LBC whereby Barry Gardiner defended Corbyn`s actions for walking out of the meeting, to which Umunna was invited, because Labour are unaware of who funds the TIGGERS. Really?

Hardly makes Corbyn look a statesman when he declared at PMQ that Britain was in the grip of a `national crisis`. What a fool the man is.

Unfortunately for us Brexit has coincided with the election of probably the two most ineffectual and myopic leaders of the two major parties in living history.

Absolutely. This is the man who met with SinnFein and Hamas, passionate about getting his message across of how important it was to listen to people even if you don’t agree. 🤔

We’ve got Simon Sadler

No deal on 09:59 - Mar 21 with 442 viewskophero

No deal on 09:15 - Mar 21 by janegallagher

Absolutely. This is the man who met with SinnFein and Hamas, passionate about getting his message across of how important it was to listen to people even if you don’t agree. 🤔

Can't help thinking that the way all this is reported on doesn't help. It makes the "Westminster Bubble" effect worse and MPs end up thinking that their view of life is the only one. As a voter I was glad she said what she did last night and it is about time someone remembered who is going to be most affected by this.
No deal on 10:27 - Mar 21 with 433 viewsjanegallagher

No deal on 09:59 - Mar 21 by kophero

Can't help thinking that the way all this is reported on doesn't help. It makes the "Westminster Bubble" effect worse and MPs end up thinking that their view of life is the only one. As a voter I was glad she said what she did last night and it is about time someone remembered who is going to be most affected by this.

Kop 👍

We’ve got Simon Sadler

No deal on 11:23 - Mar 21 with 428 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 10:27 - Mar 21 by janegallagher

Kop 👍

Parliament needs to get together as a whole, put all options on the table, use an Alternative Vote system to weigh up the options, then get behind the winner. If not, the same system of options/voting should be put to the people. Easy Peasy, Brexit solved

No deal on 13:01 - Mar 21 with 424 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No deal on 11:23 - Mar 21 by ROTTWEILERS

Parliament needs to get together as a whole, put all options on the table, use an Alternative Vote system to weigh up the options, then get behind the winner. If not, the same system of options/voting should be put to the people. Easy Peasy, Brexit solved

Agree with most of that ROTTS. It should have happened before invoking article 50, and also MPs should have been given a free vote, not "whipped" along party lines.

Interesting little side show to todays EU leaders meeting....

(Reuters) - British Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn will travel to Brussels on Thursday to discuss an “alternative” Brexit plan with European Union (EU) leaders, including the bloc’s chief negotiator Michel Barnier, his party said in a statement.

Corbyn will express confidence that an alternative to Prime Minister Theresa May’s Brexit deal can be agreed in the UK parliament, the Labour Party said.

Corbyn will also meet the Secretary-General of the European Commission, Martin Selmayr, and hold talks with prime ministers of seven EU countries including Spanish Premier Pedro Sanchez.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-corbyn-brussels/labours-corbyn-to-d

No deal on 21:24 - Mar 21 with 406 viewsspell_chekker

Now talking about a possible delay until 7th May.

No deal on 07:36 - Mar 22 with 396 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 21:24 - Mar 21 by spell_chekker

Now talking about a possible delay until 7th May.

7th May is off the table and it's not going to be 29th March. However, It could possibly be 22May or even 12th April.

It all depends if TM can force he deal through, or then again perhaps not.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024