Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No deal 21:03 - Mar 19 with 7460 viewsLala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/19/uk/brexit-act-one-is-com

Are we careering out of the EU then?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

No deal on 16:59 - Mar 28 with 520 viewsLala

I think as I have always thought which is that nobody has never known the majority take on this. There isn’t a plan in the making to trump TK’s deal and whatever you think of her or her deal no single politician In any party is proving their worth in doing a better job.

There isn’t a way forward that won’t p*ss off half the house and is the plan to oust everyone who tries to see this through ?

It’s a mess, with no credible alternative to what we’ve just spat out.

No deal on 17:24 - Mar 28 with 507 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 16:59 - Mar 28 by Lala

I think as I have always thought which is that nobody has never known the majority take on this. There isn’t a plan in the making to trump TK’s deal and whatever you think of her or her deal no single politician In any party is proving their worth in doing a better job.

There isn’t a way forward that won’t p*ss off half the house and is the plan to oust everyone who tries to see this through ?

It’s a mess, with no credible alternative to what we’ve just spat out.

Yep. I think the only way to overcome this impasse is a general election. Each party can state CLEARLY whether they are in/out, customs union/backstop etc.

Winner takes all, fight to the death 👊

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

No deal on 17:31 - Mar 28 with 503 viewsLala

No deal on 17:24 - Mar 28 by ROTTWEILERS

Yep. I think the only way to overcome this impasse is a general election. Each party can state CLEARLY whether they are in/out, customs union/backstop etc.

Winner takes all, fight to the death 👊

Agree, totally.

No deal on 17:48 - Mar 28 with 498 viewsspudgun

No deal on 17:31 - Mar 28 by Lala

Agree, totally.

Any similarities?

Compassion for those who were conned,
contempt for the conmen...
No deal on 17:48 - Mar 28 with 497 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Can't see a GE anytime soon. Labour split on the issue and the Tories would implode just trying to agree the manifesto.

Still think the Clarke/Benn Custom Union plan might have legs on Monday, if that Independent Group now realise revoking article 50 or having a 2nd referendum are non runners.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 17:50]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

No deal on 17:55 - Mar 28 with 493 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 17:48 - Mar 28 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Can't see a GE anytime soon. Labour split on the issue and the Tories would implode just trying to agree the manifesto.

Still think the Clarke/Benn Custom Union plan might have legs on Monday, if that Independent Group now realise revoking article 50 or having a 2nd referendum are non runners.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 17:50]

Both May and Corbyn are doing their party and the country no favours at all. Incredibly selfish behaviour which when you consider the company they keep, is criminal.

No deal on 21:36 - Mar 28 with 475 viewsLala

Hey, my first ton on here. Kudos

No deal on 21:57 - Mar 28 with 472 viewsjanegallagher

No deal on 21:36 - Mar 28 by Lala

Hey, my first ton on here. Kudos

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

No deal on 22:12 - Mar 28 with 467 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

No deal on 14:43 - Mar 29 with 452 viewsROTTWEILERS

12m ago 14:30

This is from ITV’s Carl Dinnen.

Carl Dinnen
(@carldinnen)
BREAKING Jacob Rees-Mogg walks into the Aye lobby with Boris Johnson.

March 29, 2019

8m ago 14:34

Reminder: this is what Jacob Rees-Mogg told LBC last week about how he would not vote for the PM’s Brexit deal if the DUP were voting against it. He said:

Ultimately the United Kingdom is more important to me than the European Union. So if the DUP felt the United Kingdom were being divided up in the deal, then that would mean it were impossible to vote for the deal under any circumstances.

No deal on 16:14 - Mar 29 with 441 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

For BoJo & JRM this is about BoJo's bid to be the next PM, with JRM as his campaign manager. They need now to be seen to be loyal. The way they vote now has nothing to do with Brexit. (To be fair, there will be others doing the same thing now).

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

No deal on 16:47 - Mar 29 with 435 viewsLala

A ploy to oust May rather than any concern for the nation re Brexit. Shoddy and shocking behaviour by the boys club.

No deal on 17:03 - Mar 29 with 432 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

May's gone, just a matter of when now. There's been talk she'd like to stay until at least the G20 meeting in June. Seems strange, you'd have thought you'd want the new PM to meet other world leaders at the earliest opportunity. She could try to stay until December, (next time the Tory MPs could send in 48 letters), but her support has gone.

No deal on 17:13 - Mar 29 with 429 viewsLala

She hasn’t had support for a long time. The fact MP’s will vote on Brexit because of personal objectives and not what’s best for the nation is my issue.

I have more respect for May than the sleazy boys club pushing their own agendas.

No deal on 17:36 - Mar 29 with 423 viewsspudgun

No deal on 17:13 - Mar 29 by Lala

She hasn’t had support for a long time. The fact MP’s will vote on Brexit because of personal objectives and not what’s best for the nation is my issue.

I have more respect for May than the sleazy boys club pushing their own agendas.

Bizarrely Theresa May was one of the few politicians who addressed the Irish border issue before the referendum and was crystal clear of the negative implications a Leave vote would have.

In spite of this as PM she pivoted and argued against her previous position, and the Irish border conundrum has consequently been her major downfall in not getting approval for a withdrawal deal.

Shame she didn`t listen to her 2016 self....
No deal on 18:04 - Mar 29 with 418 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

There would be a way out of this, if she hadn't burnt all her boats and bridges, and that would be to call a GE. However some of the problems now are....

1) Said she wouldn't lead them in to another GE.

2) Has said she is going to quit as leader.

3) Getting a manifesto that gives them a position they can, mostly all, live with.

4) The local Constituency Parties (and also, but not all party members). They are even more more pro-brexit, then MPs like Mark Francois. Some local parties and members have even threatened to not campaign if a GE is called, they hate the deal so much. However, think that could be an empty threat.

There are others.......

If a GE is called, (say for the end of April/beginning of May) If a party got a majority, it would give them time to just get the vote done and passed by May 22. Leave EU then about end of June ish.

If any of the 2/3 options to be voted on, on Monday get a majority and 318+ votes, I think she'll risk going the GE path.

No deal on 18:13 - Mar 29 with 414 viewsLala

Wound a GE solve Brexit Red?

Cross party can’t manage to agree now, can’t see that changing if any new government tried to push a deal through.

No deal on 18:20 - Mar 29 with 411 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No deal on 18:13 - Mar 29 by Lala

Cross party can’t manage to agree now, can’t see that changing if any new government tried to push a deal through.

Yes, because in a manifesto now, unlike in 2017, the prospective parliamentary candidates (PPC) would be standing on a stated position for their party on what deal they want with the EU. (In 2017 no one had the foggiest).

No deal on 18:26 - Mar 29 with 410 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 18:13 - Mar 29 by Lala

I thought it was fcuked up when 100+ Tories voted against her when challenged as leader of the Cons but then, a very short while later, voted that they had confidence in her as PM. As a party, they could well do with ousting her and introducing Ken Clarke - or someone similar with integrity. Fcuk a leadership election, just make him 'emerge' like Tory leaders of old.

No deal on 18:43 - Mar 29 with 405 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No deal on 18:26 - Mar 29 by ROTTWEILERS

I thought it was fcuked up when 100+ Tories voted against her when challenged as leader of the Cons but then, a very short while later, voted that they had confidence in her as PM. As a party, they could well do with ousting her and introducing Ken Clarke - or someone similar with integrity. Fcuk a leadership election, just make him 'emerge' like Tory leaders of old.

The Ken Clarke/Hilary Benn Custom Union proposal looks like the one that has the best chance of succeeding on Monday, but that could come down to which way that Change UK party vote. They seem hell bent on either revoke article 50, or 2nd EU referendum at the moment.

No deal on 18:43 - Mar 29 with 405 viewsLala

No deal on 18:20 - Mar 29 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Yes, because in a manifesto now, unlike in 2017, the prospective parliamentary candidates (PPC) would be standing on a stated position for their party on what deal they want with the EU. (In 2017 no one had the foggiest).

Surely that’s an issue in itself as each party can’t agree within itself. Why will that change overnight and a miracle consensus evolve for a party manifesto ?

I await the miracle solution that some feel we will have once TM has gone, but I won’t hold my breath.

My 7 year old granddaughter has just told me she’s glad she’s not Theresa May and that Robert Peston talks weird

I concur, on both points.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 18:45]

No deal on 19:12 - Mar 29 with 395 viewsspudgun

No deal on 18:43 - Mar 29 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The Ken Clarke/Hilary Benn Custom Union proposal looks like the one that has the best chance of succeeding on Monday, but that could come down to which way that Change UK party vote. They seem hell bent on either revoke article 50, or 2nd EU referendum at the moment.

Would be interesting if the SNP also threw their weight also behind the Kenneth Clarke/ Hilary Benn Custom Union proposal. Would actually give it a majority of 20 odd...
No deal on 19:23 - Mar 29 with 389 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Another side issue to this saga.......

No deal on 13:10 - Mar 30 with 376 viewsjanegallagher

No deal on 19:23 - Mar 29 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Another side issue to this saga.......

Good on ya Treez

We’ve got Simon Sadler

No deal on 13:38 - Mar 30 with 367 viewsspudgun

No deal on 13:10 - Mar 30 by janegallagher

Good on ya Treez

That's better! Proper Fleetwood girl....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024