Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No deal 21:03 - Mar 19 with 7205 viewsLala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/19/uk/brexit-act-one-is-com

Are we careering out of the EU then?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

No deal on 08:02 - Mar 22 with 538 viewsLala

Wow it’s not good is

What kind of Brexit do you guys want?

The population as well as MP’s are so polarised I don’t think this is ever going to end satisfactory for a large proportion, it’s not possible.

No deal on 08:31 - Mar 22 with 526 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 08:02 - Mar 22 by Lala

Wow it’s not good is

What kind of Brexit do you guys want?

The population as well as MP’s are so polarised I don’t think this is ever going to end satisfactory for a large proportion, it’s not possible.

What kind of Brexit would I like? I'm torn between 2 different scenarios.

The first one being a Brexit that would suit 3 people. Namely me, myself and I (not forgetting me, me, and me). Living outside the UK and in the EU I want one that makes it as easy as possible for me to visit / communicate / transfer goods / money / do business.

The second, and more serious one, would reflect the percentage vote in the referendum. 52% - 48% would indicate that the people would like to retain strong links with the EU. It should be easy to find a backstop solution.

Oh, I forgot a third Brexit. A sneaky, snidey little part of me would like to gloat over all the extremist little Englanders as the sh1t storm engulfs the country and it goes to the dogs because of them.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 8:31]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

No deal on 10:31 - Mar 22 with 515 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No deal on 08:31 - Mar 22 by spell_chekker

The first one being a Brexit that would suit 3 people. Namely me, myself and I (not forgetting me, me, and me). Living outside the UK and in the EU I want one that makes it as easy as possible for me to visit / communicate / transfer goods / money / do business.

The second, and more serious one, would reflect the percentage vote in the referendum. 52% - 48% would indicate that the people would like to retain strong links with the EU. It should be easy to find a backstop solution.

Oh, I forgot a third Brexit. A sneaky, snidey little part of me would like to gloat over all the extremist little Englanders as the sh1t storm engulfs the country and it goes to the dogs because of them.

I Hope it goes something like this.....

1) After the events of Wednesday and Thursday the options of no deal and revoking article 50 have been ruled out. (Stuffs the Rees-Moggs & Chuka Umunnas).

2) If May's deal returns for vote 3, it's defeated (again).

3) Parliament holds a series of indicative votes (as in ROTTS post) that are not whipped.

4) The winner is something along the lines of the agreement Norway/Canada have with the EU.

The advantage of a Norway/Canada type agreement, is it should be what the future deals with the EU (to be negotiated within 2 years) will be based on, so it should make those talks easier and would stop this being in the news every day for the next 2 years.

It also honours the result of the referendum, but keeps close ties with the EU.

The downside are....

1) The indicative votes are non binding.

2) Bloodbath in the Tory party.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 10:35]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

No deal on 10:32 - Mar 22 with 515 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 08:31 - Mar 22 by spell_chekker

I voted to remain and would still like to remain but can accept a deal that resembles the referendum vote ie an ultra slim Brexit. It's good that the EU appear to be walking TM through the next steps as she is absolutely clueless. I've been on annual leave this week and have perversely enjoyed watching it all unfold whilst eating sausage butties.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 10:34]

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

No deal on 17:03 - Mar 22 with 503 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 10:32 - Mar 22 by ROTTWEILERS

I voted to remain and would still like to remain but can accept a deal that resembles the referendum vote ie an ultra slim Brexit. It's good that the EU appear to be walking TM through the next steps as she is absolutely clueless. I've been on annual leave this week and have perversely enjoyed watching it all unfold whilst eating sausage butties.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 10:34]

Having been out of the UK for over 15 years, I wasn't eligible to vote.

So don't blame me, not my fault.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

No deal on 11:03 - Mar 23 with 484 viewsLala

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-03-23/scottish-politicians-to-join-anti-brexit-mar

Nicola Sturgeon to join anti Brexit march now.

No deal on 14:48 - Mar 23 with 477 viewsjanegallagher

No deal on 20:45 - Mar 20 by BringBackTheRedRoom

5 Minutes of my life I wont get back.

PS How many times did she use "I" in that statement?

In all this doom and gloom this made me smile.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

No deal on 10:17 - Mar 24 with 458 viewsjanegallagher

No deal on 14:48 - Mar 23 by janegallagher

In all this doom and gloom this made me smile.

Love this banner!!! They need a bit of Persuasion!!!😃

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Login to get fewer ads

No deal on 11:01 - Mar 24 with 447 viewskophero

No deal on 10:17 - Mar 24 by janegallagher

Love this banner!!! They need a bit of Persuasion!!!😃

The clueless are in the majority now. Just watched Keir Starker and he can't give a straight answer to any question. Never thought I would say this but agreed with everything IDS said.
No deal on 23:34 - Mar 25 with 433 viewsLala

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/25/mps-seize-control-of-brexit-pro

What now?

No deal on 11:02 - Mar 26 with 422 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

No deal on 12:52 - Mar 26 with 413 viewsspudgun

No deal on 11:01 - Mar 24 by kophero

The clueless are in the majority now. Just watched Keir Starker and he can't give a straight answer to any question. Never thought I would say this but agreed with everything IDS said.

Whilst understanding the comment about Keir Starmer, I think he is hamstrung by Labour`s nebulous policy and the way the party comes to its policy decisions through the national executive. They have barely been coherent throughout this snafu, and many Labour MPs have been tediously dull and unenlightening.

However in my mind it is not the ultra reticent like Starmer who are the main problem; it is the glib dullards like Francois, Bridgen, Dorries, Patel, Bravaman, McVey and the like, who have struggled to keep up with events, but pontificate as if their opinion is the final word on all things Brexit.

It`s opinions in lieu of facts that got us into this mess in the first place.

Then there are the other type of culprits - the ideologically disingenuous- who must know that most things have gone badly and counter to expectation, but still peddle their lies as facts in spite of overwhelming and incontrovertible evidence to the contrary.

Johnson, Gove, Fox, Raab, Hannon, Davies, Patterson, Rees-Mogg et al. Wrong on just about everything so far but still peddling their selfish agendas and misleading the population.

Not trying to make this anti-Conservative in particular, but they are the architects of the self-harming which we seem intent on carrying out...
No deal on 08:05 - Mar 27 with 392 viewsspell_chekker

After being rejected twice, it seems as though May is still trying to push her deal through.

What's happening this week?

Wednesday: This is when indicative votes will be held - we don't know yet whether MPs will be free to vote how they want or be directed along party lines. The prime minister is also due to address the 1922 Committee of Conservative backbenchers. MPs will also vote on changing the Brexit date in UK law from 29 March.

Thursday: A possible opportunity for meaningful vote three. The prime minister may hope that Brexiteers will finally decide to throw their weight behind her deal.

Friday: This is written into law as the day the UK leaves the EU, although the PM has said she will pass legislation this week to remove it. The earliest Brexit is likely to happen is now 12 April.

No deal on 10:00 - Mar 27 with 388 viewsROTTWEILERS

No deal on 08:05 - Mar 27 by spell_chekker

After being rejected twice, it seems as though May is still trying to push her deal through.

What's happening this week?

Wednesday: This is when indicative votes will be held - we don't know yet whether MPs will be free to vote how they want or be directed along party lines. The prime minister is also due to address the 1922 Committee of Conservative backbenchers. MPs will also vote on changing the Brexit date in UK law from 29 March.

Thursday: A possible opportunity for meaningful vote three. The prime minister may hope that Brexiteers will finally decide to throw their weight behind her deal.

Friday: This is written into law as the day the UK leaves the EU, although the PM has said she will pass legislation this week to remove it. The earliest Brexit is likely to happen is now 12 April.

Is Teresa May on the autistic spectrum? Genuine question...I've been thinking this for a while.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

No deal on 10:25 - Mar 27 with 385 viewsspudgun

No deal on 10:00 - Mar 27 by ROTTWEILERS

Is Teresa May on the autistic spectrum? Genuine question...I've been thinking this for a while.

So the `deal` which was so unpalatable to Jacob Rees-Mogg (and the ERG) a month or so ago- so much so that they petitioned for her to be removed as PM- is now acceptable to him.

"These are my principles; if you don`t like them I have some more."

Graucho Marx (I think).

Anybody confused?
No deal on 10:40 - Mar 27 with 384 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No deal on 10:25 - Mar 27 by spudgun

So the `deal` which was so unpalatable to Jacob Rees-Mogg (and the ERG) a month or so ago- so much so that they petitioned for her to be removed as PM- is now acceptable to him.

"These are my principles; if you don`t like them I have some more."

Graucho Marx (I think).

Anybody confused?

JRM qualified that on the radio this morning, by saying if the DUP accept it, then he would.

After reading some quotes from the DUP this morning they don't seem like changing their minds, seem to be if anything, digging their heels in more.

No deal on 11:31 - Mar 27 with 378 viewsspudgun

No deal on 10:40 - Mar 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

JRM qualified that on the radio this morning, by saying if the DUP accept it, then he would.

After reading some quotes from the DUP this morning they don't seem like changing their minds, seem to be if anything, digging their heels in more.

Even if he did Red, it is largely irrelevant to his volte face on this occasion, in my opinion.

He has previously described May`s withdrawal deal as the "worst possible outcome" (even worse than staying in the EU), so it begs the question why he is prepared to lend his support to something which (in his opinion) is the worst option available.

In this moment of `national crisis` perhaps it may help if MPs carefully calibrated their views and decisions based on the what is in the country`s best interest (radical, I know!).

In business, if I couldn`t get what I was striving for, I would take the next best option- or decide to not act and have a re-think. I would never take the `worst` available option.

And he now supports Theresa May again, apparently! You really couldn`t make this up...

[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 11:32]
No deal on 11:52 - Mar 27 with 373 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 11:31 - Mar 27 by spudgun

Even if he did Red, it is largely irrelevant to his volte face on this occasion, in my opinion.

He has previously described May`s withdrawal deal as the "worst possible outcome" (even worse than staying in the EU), so it begs the question why he is prepared to lend his support to something which (in his opinion) is the worst option available.

In this moment of `national crisis` perhaps it may help if MPs carefully calibrated their views and decisions based on the what is in the country`s best interest (radical, I know!).

In business, if I couldn`t get what I was striving for, I would take the next best option- or decide to not act and have a re-think. I would never take the `worst` available option.

And he now supports Theresa May again, apparently! You really couldn`t make this up...

"it begs the question why he is prepared to lend his support to something which (in his opinion) is the worst option available."

I don't know this Rees-Mogg at all and have only heard his name vaguely mentioned (on here) - I could have a decent stab at answering the question though -

I was wondering, just on the off chance, if this Rees-Mogg constantly had his eyes on the opinion polls and is more concerned about the advancement of his career (not the country) by manipulating his standing in them rather than have political convictions. He could also be old boys' networking in the corridors and making compromises all over the place to benefit himself.

No deal on 11:55 - Mar 27 with 372 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No deal on 11:31 - Mar 27 by spudgun

Agree Spud, I was just pointing out how he's left an escape route to change his mind (once) again.

Here's another classic, this time from IDS, from December.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6490229/Iain-Duncan-Smith-reveals-voted

The most honest quote in that is this....

'I [did not] want to do this but she has not listened. There could be an election within three months — and I'm in a marginal seat.'

No deal on 11:56 - Mar 27 with 371 viewsspudgun

No deal on 11:52 - Mar 27 by spell_chekker

"it begs the question why he is prepared to lend his support to something which (in his opinion) is the worst option available."

I don't know this Rees-Mogg at all and have only heard his name vaguely mentioned (on here) - I could have a decent stab at answering the question though -

I was wondering, just on the off chance, if this Rees-Mogg constantly had his eyes on the opinion polls and is more concerned about the advancement of his career (not the country) by manipulating his standing in them rather than have political convictions. He could also be old boys' networking in the corridors and making compromises all over the place to benefit himself.

"I don`t know this Rees-Mogg at all".

What can I say...
No deal on 12:02 - Mar 27 with 363 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 11:56 - Mar 27 by spudgun

"I don`t know this Rees-Mogg at all".

What can I say...

I've only recently heard of him because of this board.

No deal on 12:06 - Mar 27 with 361 viewsspudgun

No deal on 12:02 - Mar 27 by spell_chekker

I`m not biting at that, spell...
No deal on 12:11 - Mar 27 with 359 viewsspell_chekker

No deal on 12:06 - Mar 27 by spudgun

I`m not biting at that, spell...

I don't live in the UK.

I wasn't eligible to vote in Brexit as I'd live out of the country for too long.

Moreover, I'm not eligible to vote in France.

I used to be fairly passionate and well up on politics but have become distance from it though circumstance.

No deal on 12:13 - Mar 27 with 358 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

No deal on 12:02 - Mar 27 by spell_chekker

Spell

I've met him very briefly once. He's actually quite charming, very knowledgeable, but is totally class ridden (believes in a ruling class, sort of Victorian/Edwardian era, also has a bit of a temper, so I've been told). and smart. Has quite a few new Neo Con views as well, which seem to be popular with a group of people that read History at Oxford/Cambridge in the mid 80's through to the 90's.

Don't like him.

No deal on 12:19 - Mar 27 with 355 viewsspudgun

No deal on 12:13 - Mar 27 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Spell

I've met him very briefly once. He's actually quite charming, very knowledgeable, but is totally class ridden (believes in a ruling class, sort of Victorian/Edwardian era, also has a bit of a temper, so I've been told). and smart. Has quite a few new Neo Con views as well, which seem to be popular with a group of people that read History at Oxford/Cambridge in the mid 80's through to the 90's.

Don't like him.

Never met him, but walked past his house last week when in London. His `town house` is about 100 yards from Westminster school. You don`t get more establishment than that!

A cross between Lord Snooty and someone out of an Evelyn Waugh novel...

https://i2.wp.com/www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/nintchdbpict000401

Does one look a tw*t?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2019 12:20]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024