Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6pm curfew for all men 13:19 - Mar 11 with 15628 viewsbritferry

Thats what the Green Parties Baroness Jones wants after the sad incident of Sarah Everard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350711/Green-peer-calls-MEN-face-6pm-C

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

6pm curfew for all men on 23:54 - Mar 11 with 968 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 23:44 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

You are still wrong.

Violence encompasses all violence including sexual violence. Men are still far more likely to be attacked at random walking home at night.

If you want to isolate that to sexually assaulted then you would be right. But that isn’t what you said and isn’t what the discussion is about.

The levels of sexual and violent assault against women walking home, is far less than against men. Those are the facts.

Harassment is hard to gauge as you well know. Harassment against one gender is seen as fine where as the same the other way is abhorrent. I can’t count the amount of times me and my friends have been groped on a night out. I used to find it really annoying as it goes.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 23:47]

“ But that isn’t what you said and isn’t what the discussion is about. ”

Yes. It is what I said. You even quoted it. It also is what this thread was about, read my initial post,

In my post where I said what we are discussing, I even compared it to different types of non sexual violence as an example.

You have now changed it to sexual and violent assault. I didn’t say that did I.

Personally by the way, I would find a woman groping a man to be utterly unacceptable and abhorrent as well. It’s no more funny than it is the other way round.
6pm curfew for all men on 23:57 - Mar 11 with 956 viewscontroversial_jack

The fear of crime is worse then the effects of it. It's like terrorism. The number of victims worldwide or countrywide are very small, but it's the psychological effect, the fear that is generated is way out of proportion to the damage caused, It's the same with crime
6pm curfew for all men on 23:57 - Mar 11 with 955 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 23:49 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Not instead of no. That’s your insecurity coming into play where you are only comfortable when you are discussing your gender.

Discuss the whole issue is the goal here and not single out gender as we are then ignoring a large majority of the victims and a large part of the issue at hand.

This is a violence problem not a gender one.

Rubbish.

You added a whole paragraph. You do it all the time.

The goal here isn’t anymore than it is on any thread. Discussing the topic that is being discussed. You finding it uncomfortable or preferring to discuss something else is not relevant.
6pm curfew for all men on 23:59 - Mar 11 with 948 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 23:54 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

“ But that isn’t what you said and isn’t what the discussion is about. ”

Yes. It is what I said. You even quoted it. It also is what this thread was about, read my initial post,

In my post where I said what we are discussing, I even compared it to different types of non sexual violence as an example.

You have now changed it to sexual and violent assault. I didn’t say that did I.

Personally by the way, I would find a woman groping a man to be utterly unacceptable and abhorrent as well. It’s no more funny than it is the other way round.

You were talking about random acts of violence. You stated men were the victims of violence in situations such as gangs and women were the victims of random attacks just for walking home. You then told a man to shut up unless he had arranged with his mates to text if they had got home safely... your point was clear that you were insisting this was a female issue.

Well you are wrong. Men are assaulted and the victims of violence to a far greater degree than women “for just walking home”. Now you can add sexual harassment into that if you like and it’s still the case that as a man you are far more likely to be attacked than a woman.

What you find abhorrent isn’t the issue, it’s what society deems as abhorrent. I still remember an Eastenders countdown at Xmas of top 20 on screen slaps (which of course men were the victims of) and it portrayed in a jovial and funny way.

There is an epidemic of man hating in the west that has gradually been building for a decade or so, maybe longer. Comments such as the Baroness’ encompasses that. Also the fact that we are happy to leave men out of the conversation how to protect people shows a distinct lack of understanding of the subject.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

6pm curfew for all men on 00:01 - Mar 12 with 944 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 23:52 - Mar 11 by Glossolalia

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. That last sentence. 😂 I'm a victim. I'm also brazenly hypocritical.

You've displayed the conversational flexibility of granite throughout this thread.

And it's not about your appendage, darling. At the end of the day, we're simply engaging with computer screens.

EDIT - I had a lovely bath earlier.

EDIT EDIT - Tried caffeine shampoo. Lathered up something great.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 23:55]

I should in fairness have added a smiley thing at the end of my final sentence, but I assumed it would be taken as read.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need some sleep as I have an early start.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:01 - Mar 12 with 945 viewsGlossolalia

6pm curfew for all men on 23:57 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

The fear of crime is worse then the effects of it. It's like terrorism. The number of victims worldwide or countrywide are very small, but it's the psychological effect, the fear that is generated is way out of proportion to the damage caused, It's the same with crime

Too true. Do I feel more at risk from being killed than the average woman? Almost certainly not. But at my age and being male, I'm the most likely to be murdered. Again, check the ONS website for anyone interested.

But naturally, for sexual assault it's a different thing entirely. But were I in prison, I'd be very worried indeed. I have a great arse, allegedly.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:01 - Mar 12 with 941 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 23:57 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

Rubbish.

You added a whole paragraph. You do it all the time.

The goal here isn’t anymore than it is on any thread. Discussing the topic that is being discussed. You finding it uncomfortable or preferring to discuss something else is not relevant.

Absolutely wrong. I can only assume you misread it.

I simply added the point you told me to shut up and the reaction had it been the other way around. But you do that all the time.

You constantly accuse people of misogyny when I see you make the most horrendous gender based comments I’ve read on here. Even accusing certain men of having small genitalia.

I can only imagine the repulsion if people were mocking you for the size of your breasts.

Now stop.

6pm curfew for all men on 00:06 - Mar 12 with 929 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 23:59 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

You were talking about random acts of violence. You stated men were the victims of violence in situations such as gangs and women were the victims of random attacks just for walking home. You then told a man to shut up unless he had arranged with his mates to text if they had got home safely... your point was clear that you were insisting this was a female issue.

Well you are wrong. Men are assaulted and the victims of violence to a far greater degree than women “for just walking home”. Now you can add sexual harassment into that if you like and it’s still the case that as a man you are far more likely to be attacked than a woman.

What you find abhorrent isn’t the issue, it’s what society deems as abhorrent. I still remember an Eastenders countdown at Xmas of top 20 on screen slaps (which of course men were the victims of) and it portrayed in a jovial and funny way.

There is an epidemic of man hating in the west that has gradually been building for a decade or so, maybe longer. Comments such as the Baroness’ encompasses that. Also the fact that we are happy to leave men out of the conversation how to protect people shows a distinct lack of understanding of the subject.

Nonsense. It’s clear what I said. You just didn’t read it properly. I said ‘sexual harassment and violence’. Sexual harassment and sexual violence are far higher towards women than men. Multiples higher.

As for the EastEnders slaps bit - if you look above you you may see the barrel you’ve just scraped through.

But I have to go now. As I said I have an early start.
Login to get fewer ads

6pm curfew for all men on 00:09 - Mar 12 with 924 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:06 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Nonsense. It’s clear what I said. You just didn’t read it properly. I said ‘sexual harassment and violence’. Sexual harassment and sexual violence are far higher towards women than men. Multiples higher.

As for the EastEnders slaps bit - if you look above you you may see the barrel you’ve just scraped through.

But I have to go now. As I said I have an early start.

Yea it is clear what you said, many times - until you realised men are attacked at random more than women and have since pretended it was never the point you made (even though you oddly admitted it outright on the last page). You have now changed that to just sexual.

The Eastenders clips is nothing other than showing how pop culture not only accepts but condones violence against men. Can you ever imagine a top 10 on screen female bartering moments? Neither can I.

Good night Lisa. Let’s hope you wake in a far more sensible mood because you are quite ridiculous at the moment.

6pm curfew for all men on 00:12 - Mar 12 with 920 viewsDr_Parnassus

And just so people reading who don’t wish to trawl back over the thread, this is your exact comments..

“We are talking about the level of sexual harassment and violence against women in everyday life. Not gang related. Not drug territory wars. Simply walking home.”

“I don’t know a single woman who has not been subject to some sort of attack. I don’t know any women that don’t spend significant amounts of time planning ‘safer’ routes home, keys in hand, phone in hand, walk in middle of the road, stick to roads where it’s lighter, text when you get in... “

“ How many men on this board have EVER arranged with their male friends to all text each other when they got home from a night out to make sure they all know they’re safe?

If the answer is you have never done that, then shut the f*ck up. You have absolutely no idea what’s going on.”

So inference was clearly that women are at risk of random attacks walking home. That’s isn’t true. You have since changed that to sexual and ignored other violence.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 0:18]

6pm curfew for all men on 00:13 - Mar 12 with 917 viewscontroversial_jack

Regarding that incident in Neath, two men and a woman have been arrested.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:16 - Mar 12 with 915 viewsFireboy2

6pm curfew for all men on 00:12 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

And just so people reading who don’t wish to trawl back over the thread, this is your exact comments..

“We are talking about the level of sexual harassment and violence against women in everyday life. Not gang related. Not drug territory wars. Simply walking home.”

“I don’t know a single woman who has not been subject to some sort of attack. I don’t know any women that don’t spend significant amounts of time planning ‘safer’ routes home, keys in hand, phone in hand, walk in middle of the road, stick to roads where it’s lighter, text when you get in... “

“ How many men on this board have EVER arranged with their male friends to all text each other when they got home from a night out to make sure they all know they’re safe?

If the answer is you have never done that, then shut the f*ck up. You have absolutely no idea what’s going on.”

So inference was clearly that women are at risk of random attacks walking home. That’s isn’t true. You have since changed that to sexual and ignored other violence.

Mostly committed by men.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:19 - Mar 12 with 914 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:16 - Mar 12 by Fireboy2

Mostly committed by men.

It’s irrelevant. It’s the victims that matter not the perpetrators.

If a man is attacked, he isn’t to blame.... despite being a man.

The fact he is a male is irrelevant.

6pm curfew for all men on 00:20 - Mar 12 with 911 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 00:01 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely wrong. I can only assume you misread it.

I simply added the point you told me to shut up and the reaction had it been the other way around. But you do that all the time.

You constantly accuse people of misogyny when I see you make the most horrendous gender based comments I’ve read on here. Even accusing certain men of having small genitalia.

I can only imagine the repulsion if people were mocking you for the size of your breasts.

Now stop.

Nope.

You added the last paragraph. As you’ve already admitted.

No. I didn’t accuse ‘certain men’. Stop lying. I made a comment to jack fath that a man who was disgustingly abusing me probably was like most abusers and had a small penis. Strange you’d not be repulsed by the abuse.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:24 - Mar 12 with 906 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:20 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Nope.

You added the last paragraph. As you’ve already admitted.

No. I didn’t accuse ‘certain men’. Stop lying. I made a comment to jack fath that a man who was disgustingly abusing me probably was like most abusers and had a small penis. Strange you’d not be repulsed by the abuse.

The last sentence, yes. Which stated that it’s funny you told me to shut up when if I had done the same to you I would be called a misogynistic animal.

You said I edited my “entire post”, which is a lie isn’t it.

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding JackFath. I can only assume you make these comments often then? You made these comments a few years back on this very forum when you embroiled yourself in an argument with someone.

Strange you have such clear double standard when it comes to gender. Or maybe it isn’t strange at all...

6pm curfew for all men on 00:24 - Mar 12 with 904 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 00:09 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

Yea it is clear what you said, many times - until you realised men are attacked at random more than women and have since pretended it was never the point you made (even though you oddly admitted it outright on the last page). You have now changed that to just sexual.

The Eastenders clips is nothing other than showing how pop culture not only accepts but condones violence against men. Can you ever imagine a top 10 on screen female bartering moments? Neither can I.

Good night Lisa. Let’s hope you wake in a far more sensible mood because you are quite ridiculous at the moment.

I haven’t changed it. You’ve now quoted it several times as it is. It always said ‘sexual harassment and violence’.

Sexual violence is far higher against women than against men. Look at the stats for rape and serious sexual assault.

I’ve no idea what EastEnders show and don’t show, if it was Peggy slapping people she slapped women as well as men.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:25 - Mar 12 with 904 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:24 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

I haven’t changed it. You’ve now quoted it several times as it is. It always said ‘sexual harassment and violence’.

Sexual violence is far higher against women than against men. Look at the stats for rape and serious sexual assault.

I’ve no idea what EastEnders show and don’t show, if it was Peggy slapping people she slapped women as well as men.

Yes so if you add sexual harassment and violence together, like you stated. Men are far more likely to be the victims than women.

That’s just a fact.

Now if you want to revise that to sexual harassment and sexual violence, then you would be right. It would be irrelevant to the discussion however but at this point I don’t think the discussion is what matters at all to you.

6pm curfew for all men on 00:26 - Mar 12 with 901 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 00:24 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

The last sentence, yes. Which stated that it’s funny you told me to shut up when if I had done the same to you I would be called a misogynistic animal.

You said I edited my “entire post”, which is a lie isn’t it.

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding JackFath. I can only assume you make these comments often then? You made these comments a few years back on this very forum when you embroiled yourself in an argument with someone.

Strange you have such clear double standard when it comes to gender. Or maybe it isn’t strange at all...

The comment was in response to jackfath. On this forum. A few years ago, you are referring to it.

You’re making yourself look foolish again.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:29 - Mar 12 with 896 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 00:12 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

Actually, those are some of my comments, out of context t and in the wrong order.

You missed out my first one, contextualising the rest.

And I quite specifically said ‘sexual’ in my post. I tried to not discuss it and compare. But you insisted and you were wrong as you can’t read properly.

Anyway. Bed.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:32 - Mar 12 with 893 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:26 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

The comment was in response to jackfath. On this forum. A few years ago, you are referring to it.

You’re making yourself look foolish again.

The one you are talking about may well be, it’s certainly not the one I’m talking about however. You are making yourself look very silly now and you should have retired to bed when you said.

In the discussion (argument) I think someone called you a bitch - you were being rather unpleasant from memory. The forum leapt to your defence and you said something akin to “he is only making such comments to women because he probably has a small willy”.

You often make gendered comments, you did so on this very thread calling people “w*nkers” which clearly has gendered connotations. If you are to make such stances on gender then be squeaky clean is my advice because I have a pet hate for hypocrisy and can smell it miles away.

6pm curfew for all men on 00:33 - Mar 12 with 889 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 00:25 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes so if you add sexual harassment and violence together, like you stated. Men are far more likely to be the victims than women.

That’s just a fact.

Now if you want to revise that to sexual harassment and sexual violence, then you would be right. It would be irrelevant to the discussion however but at this point I don’t think the discussion is what matters at all to you.

You don’t insert ‘sexual’ twice. That would be dreadful sentence construction. Sexual’ refers to both.

Same as if you said ‘Australian men and women’ it wouldn’t mean Australian men and all women from every country would it?

Seriously... you didn’t read it properly.
6pm curfew for all men on 00:35 - Mar 12 with 890 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:29 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Actually, those are some of my comments, out of context t and in the wrong order.

You missed out my first one, contextualising the rest.

And I quite specifically said ‘sexual’ in my post. I tried to not discuss it and compare. But you insisted and you were wrong as you can’t read properly.

Anyway. Bed.

They aren’t out of context, they are quoted word for word. You are inferring that men are the victims of violence in a more organised manner or in some sort of mutual accepted situation like gangs violence and drug deals, you then said that women are the victims when they are walking home minding their business and men don’t understand because they don’t arrange to check if their mates got home safely.

Which is all wrong isn’t it. Factually wrong in every way.

You have since reinvented these statements and pretend they meant something else. It’s extremely transparent and utterly dishonest. But discussions involving you tend to often go that way.

6pm curfew for all men on 00:39 - Mar 12 with 884 viewslondonlisa2001

6pm curfew for all men on 00:32 - Mar 12 by Dr_Parnassus

The one you are talking about may well be, it’s certainly not the one I’m talking about however. You are making yourself look very silly now and you should have retired to bed when you said.

In the discussion (argument) I think someone called you a bitch - you were being rather unpleasant from memory. The forum leapt to your defence and you said something akin to “he is only making such comments to women because he probably has a small willy”.

You often make gendered comments, you did so on this very thread calling people “w*nkers” which clearly has gendered connotations. If you are to make such stances on gender then be squeaky clean is my advice because I have a pet hate for hypocrisy and can smell it miles away.

‘I said it about someone who abused me’.

‘No you didn’t. You said it to someone who called you a bitch’.

Lol.

And I’d love you to explain how w*nker ‘clearly has gendered connotations’.

Is it 1970 where you are?
6pm curfew for all men on 00:39 - Mar 12 with 885 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:33 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

You don’t insert ‘sexual’ twice. That would be dreadful sentence construction. Sexual’ refers to both.

Same as if you said ‘Australian men and women’ it wouldn’t mean Australian men and all women from every country would it?

Seriously... you didn’t read it properly.

Of course you do, because they mean completely different things in context to the discussion. We are discussing murder here.

You were comparing the situations people get attacked. Or are you telling me you think men get sexually assaulted in gang culture and drug deals? You were talking about violence, added sexual harassment because you thought it would inflate your numbers... when you realised men still get attacked in higher numbers even including when you add in sexual assaults - you changed it to delete violence from the equation and just talk about sexual crimes.

The fact you are denying it is hilarious.

You accused me of scraping the barrel.

6pm curfew for all men on 00:41 - Mar 12 with 1044 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 00:39 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

‘I said it about someone who abused me’.

‘No you didn’t. You said it to someone who called you a bitch’.

Lol.

And I’d love you to explain how w*nker ‘clearly has gendered connotations’.

Is it 1970 where you are?

Oh you were counting that as “abuse”? Jesus if I counted that as abuse then I’d be the most abused member of the forum many times over. I thought you meant actual abuse.

For there to be abuse there needs to be an abuser. Would you describe yourself as an abuser for telling people to “f*ck off” and are “w*nkers” in this thread then? Or do you only play victim and ignore the exact same behaviour from you?

Anyway, how many women have you called a w*nker? I’m guessing none. I don’t think I’ve ever heard a woman called it in my lifetime. It’s quite clearly gendered. But you can pretend it isn’t if that makes you feel better, but you aren’t fooling anyone.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 1:35]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024