Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
6pm curfew for all men 13:19 - Mar 11 with 14918 viewsbritferry

Thats what the Green Parties Baroness Jones wants after the sad incident of Sarah Everard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9350711/Green-peer-calls-MEN-face-6pm-C

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

6pm curfew for all men on 21:50 - Mar 11 with 871 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 21:43 - Mar 11 by Boundy

How many young male kids have been murdered in London this far this year ? or is that a different dynamic.

Men don’t seem to matter sadly.

Overwhelmingly more men are attacked than women each year. It’s not even close.

Dr Michelle Noon a criminal psychologist explains it here, not that it isn’t obvious enough. There have been countless studies over the years.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/the-feed/myth-busting-the-true-picture-of-gendered-v

If a female poster on this forum for example was walking home alone at night and so was I, I am far more likely to be attacked than she is. Far more likely.

[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 21:55]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

6pm curfew for all men on 21:52 - Mar 11 with 857 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 21:43 - Mar 11 by Boundy

How many young male kids have been murdered in London this far this year ? or is that a different dynamic.

And it’s awful.

The issue highlighted here is when those tragedies occur, nobody says ‘but what about violence towards women?’

This week we’ve had a tragedy where a young female has lost her life and if some good could come of it, it could be raising the profile of that particular type of crime.

Why try and take the steam out of it with a load of ‘whatabouts’.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 21:57]
6pm curfew for all men on 21:52 - Mar 11 with 856 viewsFireboy2

6pm curfew for all men on 21:37 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

You do realise more men are victims of violence than women... don’t you?

How many by women?
6pm curfew for all men on 21:53 - Mar 11 with 856 viewsYrAlarch

6pm curfew for all men on 19:49 - Mar 11 by londonlisa2001

That’s your take is it?

A young woman gets picked up (shown on cctv), taken 65 miles away (followed it seems by ANPR), body gets found (police state identification will take time - think about what that means) and you’re just interested in scoring points against a woman who is trying to explain what the fear of being attacked feels like.

That makes you what?

Yes. I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I also believe that absolutely everything will have been triple checked before the Met arrest one of their own and release his name.

But you have still convicted him before he's even been charged. So, no need for a trial then.
6pm curfew for all men on 21:54 - Mar 11 with 848 viewsTreforys_Jack

6pm curfew for all men on 21:52 - Mar 11 by Gwyn737

And it’s awful.

The issue highlighted here is when those tragedies occur, nobody says ‘but what about violence towards women?’

This week we’ve had a tragedy where a young female has lost her life and if some good could come of it, it could be raising the profile of that particular type of crime.

Why try and take the steam out of it with a load of ‘whatabouts’.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 21:57]

But, but, but ... some very insecure people on this thread.
6pm curfew for all men on 21:55 - Mar 11 with 847 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 21:47 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

There is a growing wave of man hating going on in the west and it’s very very ugly. Some comments from some in this thread encapsulates that.

To make a suggestion that all men have to stay in doors after 6pm, is like saying women who have given birth have to give their child to the man for 1 year incase they murder it or looking at demographic crime statistics and saying certain races have to stay inside due to potential for crime after 6pm.

None of that would be acceptable, and those same people justifying this nonsense would be up in arms over it - but people are more than willing to run down the male species in a heartbeat. Shameful.

The curfew comment wasn’t helpful, in my opinion.

However, it’s not going to happen, is it? Not worth getting wound up over.
6pm curfew for all men on 21:58 - Mar 11 with 834 viewsGlossolalia

6pm curfew for all men on 21:35 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

'As a male, you are twice as likely to be murdered than a woman in the UK.
'

Ok but that isn't what I asked.

How many men are killed by women? And I don't mean by partners or ex partners, I mean randomly, out in the streets, say after a night out.

Dunno mate. If you have the answer, share it. Couldn't find it on the ONS website. But if the murder rate is twice that for men, and that around 35-40% of women are killed by partners, I'd say it's probably more men in sheer number. More men killed by strangers after all. That fits the 'after a night out' description.

I don't think statistics can be that minutely defined.
6pm curfew for all men on 21:58 - Mar 11 with 833 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Two thirds of all murder victims in the UK are male.

Males carry out 92% of all murders in the UK.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

6pm curfew for all men on 21:58 - Mar 11 with 827 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 21:52 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

How many by women?

Not sure, doesn’t really matter does it? I would say due to the way society is, most attacks by women on men would go unreported.

I have seen many women attack men on a night out with police present. Nothing happened each time.

I recommend people watch this experiment on the public. A passer by even praises the woman for abusing her partner. It’s quite sick.

6pm curfew for all men on 22:04 - Mar 11 with 808 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 21:55 - Mar 11 by Gwyn737

The curfew comment wasn’t helpful, in my opinion.

However, it’s not going to happen, is it? Not worth getting wound up over.

Not wound up in the slightest.

I just intensely dislike the man hating wave sweeping western culture. People talk about rape culture, yes there is one in the west. It exists in our prisons and nothing happens about it because the victims are male.

Males have the higher risk of attack, males are murdered in greater numbers, have longer sentencing for the same crimes, less rights in partner separations with the children, no say on their unborn child’s fate, raped in institutions that then becomes a joke for many (“don’t drop the soap now”) , the male suicide statistics are off the charts.

The list is endless. Men’s rights are constantly ignored and put on the back burner while society demonises them.

6pm curfew for all men on 22:06 - Mar 11 with 799 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 22:04 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Not wound up in the slightest.

I just intensely dislike the man hating wave sweeping western culture. People talk about rape culture, yes there is one in the west. It exists in our prisons and nothing happens about it because the victims are male.

Males have the higher risk of attack, males are murdered in greater numbers, have longer sentencing for the same crimes, less rights in partner separations with the children, no say on their unborn child’s fate, raped in institutions that then becomes a joke for many (“don’t drop the soap now”) , the male suicide statistics are off the charts.

The list is endless. Men’s rights are constantly ignored and put on the back burner while society demonises them.

All valid points.

My issue is using them to drown out a particular issue (in this case the murder of a woman) isn’t helpful.
6pm curfew for all men on 22:07 - Mar 11 with 793 viewsFireboy2

6pm curfew for all men on 21:58 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Not sure, doesn’t really matter does it? I would say due to the way society is, most attacks by women on men would go unreported.

I have seen many women attack men on a night out with police present. Nothing happened each time.

I recommend people watch this experiment on the public. A passer by even praises the woman for abusing her partner. It’s quite sick.

Yes there will be quite alot of men who get abused by women, mostly their partners but this is about how women get attacked by random men, there are quite a few more than the other way round and when a man attacks a woman they are more likely to do more substantial damage than the other way round.

For instance, would a woman go out on a dark night on her own looking to attack women? Most probably not but its more like to happen the other way round.
6pm curfew for all men on 22:08 - Mar 11 with 784 viewsHighjack

6pm curfew for all men on 21:47 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

There is a growing wave of man hating going on in the west and it’s very very ugly. Some comments from some in this thread encapsulates that.

To make a suggestion that all men have to stay in doors after 6pm, is like saying women who have given birth have to give their child to the man for 1 year incase they murder it or looking at demographic crime statistics and saying certain races have to stay inside due to potential for crime after 6pm.

None of that would be acceptable, and those same people justifying this nonsense would be up in arms over it - but people are more than willing to run down the male species in a heartbeat. Shameful.

It’s the modern way, when some sort of crime is committed the person who does it doesn’t get all of the blame like they should, it’s always forced through the funnel of race and/or gender/sexuality.

Like Lisa said, the people causing this threat should be encouraged to change their behaviour.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

6pm curfew for all men on 22:09 - Mar 11 with 783 viewsGlossolalia

6pm curfew for all men on 22:06 - Mar 11 by Gwyn737

All valid points.

My issue is using them to drown out a particular issue (in this case the murder of a woman) isn’t helpful.

What's drowning out this poor woman's fate is the draconian, absolutist nonsense this thread is based on.
6pm curfew for all men on 22:12 - Mar 11 with 773 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 22:06 - Mar 11 by Gwyn737

All valid points.

That’s not drowning out an issue. It’s making the pretty obvious point that the suggestion being put forward to stop this issue is utterly stupid. If you genuinely think I’m taking it away from that being explored then I honestly don’t know what to say.

By singling one murder out and demonising a whole gender is utterly bonkers not helping anything or any one.

Isn’t it better to focus on reality rather than pretend to give credence to a suggestion devoid of any common sense and filled with prejudice.

I wonder what your opinion would be should this thread be of someone saying African Americans need a curfew because they commit disproportionate murders. I would hope you would find that suggestion abhorrent, because I certainly would.

Ask yourself why you aren’t making the same points for this group of people being demonised?

6pm curfew for all men on 22:12 - Mar 11 with 773 viewsFireboy2

Men hating? I am a man and I don't feel hated, perhaps its because I treat most women and men with respect, even on a night out and id expect most men do te same but they don't, that's where the problem lies, a far bigger percentage of men treat women badly than the other way round.
6pm curfew for all men on 22:14 - Mar 11 with 773 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 22:09 - Mar 11 by Glossolalia

What's drowning out this poor woman's fate is the draconian, absolutist nonsense this thread is based on.

I think some must be incredibly insecure if a comment by a Green Party member in the HoL saying she ‘might’ add an addendum to some yet unwritten future bill is taken as an affront to men.

Don’t get me wrong, if the curfew threat was credible I’d be up in arms.

It clearly isn’t so I’m not.
6pm curfew for all men on 22:15 - Mar 11 with 766 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 22:07 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

Yes there will be quite alot of men who get abused by women, mostly their partners but this is about how women get attacked by random men, there are quite a few more than the other way round and when a man attacks a woman they are more likely to do more substantial damage than the other way round.

For instance, would a woman go out on a dark night on her own looking to attack women? Most probably not but its more like to happen the other way round.

I disagree.

Men are more likely to be attacked at random, it’s not an opinion but a fact.

Women are more nervous about going out alone (possibly down to society demonising men), but men are more likely to actually be the victim of an attack.

These attacks are perpetrated by people with issues, not men in general. Do you know any men that go out at night alone simply to attack people? It’s not a male trait, but a trait of a select minority of people that have some sort of mental issue.

6pm curfew for all men on 22:17 - Mar 11 with 760 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 22:12 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s not drowning out an issue. It’s making the pretty obvious point that the suggestion being put forward to stop this issue is utterly stupid. If you genuinely think I’m taking it away from that being explored then I honestly don’t know what to say.

By singling one murder out and demonising a whole gender is utterly bonkers not helping anything or any one.

Isn’t it better to focus on reality rather than pretend to give credence to a suggestion devoid of any common sense and filled with prejudice.

I wonder what your opinion would be should this thread be of someone saying African Americans need a curfew because they commit disproportionate murders. I would hope you would find that suggestion abhorrent, because I certainly would.

Ask yourself why you aren’t making the same points for this group of people being demonised?

Of course it’s stupid. So stupid it’s never going to happen.

Why write in a way that it’s actually on the table and use it as an example to prove a point?
6pm curfew for all men on 22:17 - Mar 11 with 757 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 22:14 - Mar 11 by Gwyn737

I think some must be incredibly insecure if a comment by a Green Party member in the HoL saying she ‘might’ add an addendum to some yet unwritten future bill is taken as an affront to men.

So if the same person say they might add an addendum to a bill that blocks African Americans going out after 6 because of the chance they may cause trouble - do you think they would be “incredibly insecure” to state that they think it’s abhorrent?

Would you make that point to them? Something tells me you wouldn’t.

Why?

6pm curfew for all men on 22:18 - Mar 11 with 754 viewsDr_Parnassus

6pm curfew for all men on 22:17 - Mar 11 by Gwyn737

Of course it’s stupid. So stupid it’s never going to happen.

Why write in a way that it’s actually on the table and use it as an example to prove a point?

Because you are showing double standards.

We both know you would be up in arms if the suggestion was based on race as opposed to gender and would certainly not accuse them of being “incredibly insecure” once they justifiably state how nonsensical and offensive it is.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 22:20]

6pm curfew for all men on 22:19 - Mar 11 with 755 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Men are far more likely to be attacked at random and killed than women.

92% of those killings are carried out by men.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

6pm curfew for all men on 22:20 - Mar 11 with 755 viewsGwyn737

6pm curfew for all men on 22:17 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

So if the same person say they might add an addendum to a bill that blocks African Americans going out after 6 because of the chance they may cause trouble - do you think they would be “incredibly insecure” to state that they think it’s abhorrent?

Would you make that point to them? Something tells me you wouldn’t.

Why?

Again, it’s so ridiculous it wouldn’t happen.

I’d give it same credence I’d give to the Baroness.
6pm curfew for all men on 22:20 - Mar 11 with 751 viewsFireboy2

6pm curfew for all men on 22:15 - Mar 11 by Dr_Parnassus

I disagree.

Men are more likely to be attacked at random, it’s not an opinion but a fact.

Women are more nervous about going out alone (possibly down to society demonising men), but men are more likely to actually be the victim of an attack.

These attacks are perpetrated by people with issues, not men in general. Do you know any men that go out at night alone simply to attack people? It’s not a male trait, but a trait of a select minority of people that have some sort of mental issue.

Yes men are attacked at random but by mostly men not women.

And yes you are correct these attackers (mostly men) probably do have mental issues.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 22:22]
6pm curfew for all men on 22:20 - Mar 11 with 944 viewsGlossolalia

6pm curfew for all men on 22:14 - Mar 11 by Gwyn737

I'm not threatened and am fully aware of its hypothetical/embryonic nature. The fact that its made it onto this forum, however, says much about the man-bashing that abounds these days. It's the myopic, absolutist thinking that is slightly alarming, not that I happen to be a male. Whatever, really.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 22:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024