Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I LOVE THIS TEAM 14:33 - May 8 with 7603 viewsAntti_Heinola

Been a long time since I properly fell in love with a Rangers team, but I'm getting the feels with this one.
Great characters throughout, they're a lovely team to watch, play great football, and the loans gave us the bit of nastiness we lacked. Every player comfortable on the ball. Great stat today that all 10 outfield players at the start of the game have scored this season. We are reliant on no one, but reliant on everyone.
Cautiously optimistic but really excited about next season.
Congrats to all the staff for a magnificent turnaround.

Bare bones.

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:44 - May 8 with 1770 viewshoopsmark

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:29 - May 8 by ed_83

Excluding the two promotion seasons under Warnock and Redknapp, we've finished higher, with more points, than in any other season since we were relegated from the Premier League in 95/96.

All that's been achieved with a fraction of the budget we've operated on for the last decade or more, during a global pandemic and without any matchday income or supporters in the stands.

"Not a fan of Warburton but it's fair he gets another season" - what on earth would he have had to do this season to earn less half-hearted praise than that?

I think he, the team he's put together and the backroom staff he's been in charge of all deserve massive credit for the way they've handled this season, and a serious level of optimism about where this new way of operating, of which Warburton has been an absolutely instrumental part, can take us over the next few years.

Its PP,what do you expect?.....the epitome of negativity.....(IMO)
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:53 - May 8 with 1753 viewspaulparker

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:40 - May 8 by Match82

PP, I don't think I'm insulting you to say that your standards seem higher than most, which is fine.

Barnsley have done an exceptional job and in terms of performance vs expectations this year is fair to say they have outperformed us. Outside of Barnsley and maybe Norwich, I think it's fair to say when you look at the season overall we've done as good a job as anyone else and that's where the praise is coming from

No I don’t have high standards mate ( well not when it comes to football )
I’m just not getting carried away with the this time next year talk
I’ve given Warburton credit for the run since January and it’s correct to say we have played some very good football with some good results , we were crap before that and a shambles at the back
( as well as last season)
Do I think Warburton will get us in the top six next year no
Do I think we will finish around 12/13th probably yes
I’m not bothered about going up so I’m happy to stick with the manager even though he isn’t my cup of tea

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:57 - May 8 with 1730 viewspaulparker

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:44 - May 8 by hoopsmark

Its PP,what do you expect?.....the epitome of negativity.....(IMO)

And you are ???

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:59 - May 8 with 1721 viewsHarbour

The style of play has improved immensely under MW we play entertaining free flowing winning football now..blimey a few years back I got neck ache from the upper loft seat watching the ball pumped into the air for Matt Smith to knock on. I love this team can’t wait to get into LR and see them live...
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:00 - May 8 with 1715 viewsBrianMcCarthy

PP makes some great points.

We're nine points off the Top 6 as is and as of now we've lost Johansen, Austin, de Wijs and Field.

We need to either re-sign all four or find players as good as them and we need to find nine points and probably twenty goals. We also need to keep all of our own players or replace them with similar if they leave. And finally we are still losing £1m a month and that will continue to affect our transfer dealings.

I love watching this team too, or at least I have since we turned our form around, but PP is 100% right that we have to be realistic about how hard it will be to improve on this season.

Incredibly hard.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:02 - May 8 with 1709 viewsLogman

Enough of the intra-club squabbling, there is an HYS on the game at

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56953363

Be good if we got on there before it gets invaded by the Big 6 mongs
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:35 - May 8 with 1620 viewsnix

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:00 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

We're nine points off the Top 6 as is and as of now we've lost Johansen, Austin, de Wijs and Field.

We need to either re-sign all four or find players as good as them and we need to find nine points and probably twenty goals. We also need to keep all of our own players or replace them with similar if they leave. And finally we are still losing £1m a month and that will continue to affect our transfer dealings.

I love watching this team too, or at least I have since we turned our form around, but PP is 100% right that we have to be realistic about how hard it will be to improve on this season.

Incredibly hard.

I know what you mean Brian but this is the least hard transfer period we've had in three years, in that we're not having to slash the wage bill yet again and have wholesale changes. The only reason that might happen is if someone came in for our players and with other clubs having to reduce their budgets, that's less likely than it might otherwise be.

Of course it could all go tits up, and I know that always seems more likely when it's going ok for us, but I've got more faith in their getting the right people in than I have for a long time, based on recent evidence. Also surely we're less of a basket case than we used to be, so more of an attractive prospect with an outside chance of getting in the play offs and almost definitely keeping the same manager.

I know this would all change if we lose a couple of early matches, or sell someone vital, or lose out on keeping Johansen. But we're finishing 4th in the form table, so that's a great platform for next season.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:38 - May 8 with 1600 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:35 - May 8 by nix

I know what you mean Brian but this is the least hard transfer period we've had in three years, in that we're not having to slash the wage bill yet again and have wholesale changes. The only reason that might happen is if someone came in for our players and with other clubs having to reduce their budgets, that's less likely than it might otherwise be.

Of course it could all go tits up, and I know that always seems more likely when it's going ok for us, but I've got more faith in their getting the right people in than I have for a long time, based on recent evidence. Also surely we're less of a basket case than we used to be, so more of an attractive prospect with an outside chance of getting in the play offs and almost definitely keeping the same manager.

I know this would all change if we lose a couple of early matches, or sell someone vital, or lose out on keeping Johansen. But we're finishing 4th in the form table, so that's a great platform for next season.

I agree with all of that, Nix. I'd also add that we might have some FFP wiggle-room this close-season?

I'm not trying to be pessimistic as I think our recruitment has improved no end. Just trying to acknowledge that it's a difficult task.

Login to get fewer ads

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:43 - May 8 with 1577 viewsnix

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:38 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with all of that, Nix. I'd also add that we might have some FFP wiggle-room this close-season?

I'm not trying to be pessimistic as I think our recruitment has improved no end. Just trying to acknowledge that it's a difficult task.

Yes, I agree with you too. How harmonious, lol!
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:43 - May 8 with 1573 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:43 - May 8 by nix

Yes, I agree with you too. How harmonious, lol!

I agree that it's harmonius!

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:59 - May 8 with 1509 viewsAntti_Heinola

Incredibly hard.

bolloks.

The season has ended, we're 9th, we've been great since Christmas.

If we all want to get carried away, now is the one time we can before transfers do or don't happen and take our dreams away or before we start our season at home to Derby and watch Wayne's big fat smile as they beat us 4-0.

This was supposed to be a nice happy thread of thanks to the team and the management. Anyone who wants to come on here with 'realism' can p!ss off to another thread. I honestly couldn't give a flying fk about 'realism' or how much credit PP grudgingly gives a really good manager that has given us a team to be proud of under immensely difficult circumstances. I'm going to have a lovely summer remembering these lovely performances and the look on Uncs's face when he tapped home the third today.

If you want to be realistic and cautious and talk about how hard it's going to be next season *now*, 10 minutes after the season has just bloody finished, you need to get out more (we're allowed now, so no excuses). We can do all the realism in August. For now, let's just be happy, yeah?

Bare bones.

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:10 - May 8 with 1486 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 18:59 - May 8 by Antti_Heinola

bolloks.

The season has ended, we're 9th, we've been great since Christmas.

If we all want to get carried away, now is the one time we can before transfers do or don't happen and take our dreams away or before we start our season at home to Derby and watch Wayne's big fat smile as they beat us 4-0.

This was supposed to be a nice happy thread of thanks to the team and the management. Anyone who wants to come on here with 'realism' can p!ss off to another thread. I honestly couldn't give a flying fk about 'realism' or how much credit PP grudgingly gives a really good manager that has given us a team to be proud of under immensely difficult circumstances. I'm going to have a lovely summer remembering these lovely performances and the look on Uncs's face when he tapped home the third today.

If you want to be realistic and cautious and talk about how hard it's going to be next season *now*, 10 minutes after the season has just bloody finished, you need to get out more (we're allowed now, so no excuses). We can do all the realism in August. For now, let's just be happy, yeah?

You don't SOUND happy, Antti!

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:12 - May 8 with 1479 viewsDannytheR

Incredibly hard.

We don't need to improve on this season per se though Brian. The turnaround since January has been so dramatic - and so consistent - we just need to maintain it.

Not saying it will happen, or even that it's probable, but it's certainly possible in a way that it hasn't since we were financially doping our way to promotion with Redknapp. But now it's being done the right way, with a team of what seem like good lads devoid of cliques, playing nice, inventive, robust football, and a club that does the right thing off the pitch.

This division's hard and it's also unpredictable. Look at Middlesboro. £15m strikers on the bench, paying wages well above what we can (see you later, Grant Hall) and still get turned over 3-0 at home by Wycombe on the final day and finish below the likes of, well, us. Imagine this place if we were under-performing like that.

We're going in the right direction and amid the endless shtshow that 2021 and most of 2021 have been, the team have actually been a bright spot. (How many times could we honestly call it that in the last 25 years?)

Honestly, I feel bad for anyone who can't take at least a bit of pleasure in that. We're all a long time dead, aren't we?
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:14 - May 8 with 1473 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:12 - May 8 by DannytheR

We don't need to improve on this season per se though Brian. The turnaround since January has been so dramatic - and so consistent - we just need to maintain it.

Not saying it will happen, or even that it's probable, but it's certainly possible in a way that it hasn't since we were financially doping our way to promotion with Redknapp. But now it's being done the right way, with a team of what seem like good lads devoid of cliques, playing nice, inventive, robust football, and a club that does the right thing off the pitch.

This division's hard and it's also unpredictable. Look at Middlesboro. £15m strikers on the bench, paying wages well above what we can (see you later, Grant Hall) and still get turned over 3-0 at home by Wycombe on the final day and finish below the likes of, well, us. Imagine this place if we were under-performing like that.

We're going in the right direction and amid the endless shtshow that 2021 and most of 2021 have been, the team have actually been a bright spot. (How many times could we honestly call it that in the last 25 years?)

Honestly, I feel bad for anyone who can't take at least a bit of pleasure in that. We're all a long time dead, aren't we?

Agree with all of that too Danny.

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:17 - May 8 with 1462 viewsCiderwithRsie

I would be pleasantly surprised if we finish top 6 next year, whoever's in the side.

I don't get why Warburton isn't anyone's cup of tea really - he's improved the team both years, it's turned out that he can sort a defence and can change his plans, both of which we were told he couldn't, he keeps in budget, he might be a bit cagey but he doesn't act like a tw*t, his teams play attacking football and seem to like playing for him, he brings on youth layers. Not perfect, no-one is, but I genuinely do not know what anyone expects him to do that he doesn't, given the budget.

What I'm not having is that we were a shambles up to January and it's only since then things have turned around. His first season was a massive improvement on the season before and this has been an improvement on that. Those aren't opinions, those are league tables, points and goal differences. The defence was much, much better before Christmas than it was last year, and the main remaining weaknesses were in full-back, precisely the positions where his judgement on Wallace has been proved right and Kakay not far off. His judgement last year that Lumley is a good player who'd hit bad form is pretty much vindicated too. His judgement on Dykes has been vindicated when he was getting pelters on that up to two months back.

It's not some sort of lucky break that things turned around, it's due to persistence and hard work. Sure, we had to use the loan system at Christmas, that's what it's for. And sure, players who were bought or came in from the U-23s in September took time to fit in - what do you expect at our level and with our budget? But Warburton's exactly the right bloke to work with those sort of players. He's not "OK for now", he's about the best we could get. I wouldn't take Klopp or Guardiola over him, what would they know about free transfers and loans from West Brom?
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:20 - May 8 with 1444 viewsWestonsuperR

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 15:29 - May 8 by ed_83

Excluding the two promotion seasons under Warnock and Redknapp, we've finished higher, with more points, than in any other season since we were relegated from the Premier League in 95/96.

All that's been achieved with a fraction of the budget we've operated on for the last decade or more, during a global pandemic and without any matchday income or supporters in the stands.

"Not a fan of Warburton but it's fair he gets another season" - what on earth would he have had to do this season to earn less half-hearted praise than that?

I think he, the team he's put together and the backroom staff he's been in charge of all deserve massive credit for the way they've handled this season, and a serious level of optimism about where this new way of operating, of which Warburton has been an absolutely instrumental part, can take us over the next few years.

Very well put. I find it unbelievable that Warburton doesn’t get anything but massive credit for this season, why wouldn’t any QPR supporter not be a fan, would love to know the reasons?

MW has had to contend with losing so many players, has a limited budget and has formed a team that plays attractive football, is bringing through younger players and has surpassed all expectations by getting us in the top 10, really looking forward to next season.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:44 - May 8 with 1393 viewsed_83

Another thing to bear in mind is how many of our first team squad had little to no serious, sustained Championship experience before this season. Off the top of my head none of Dieng, Kakay, Dickie, Wallace, Hamallainen, Field, Willock, Amos, Thomas, Dykes, Bonne or Kelman had played a full season at this level before.

We weren't a "rabble", we were a squad comprised entirely of free transfers, youth graduates and inexperienced prospects. We lost our 4 best attacking players, our two best centre-backs and our best left-back before Christmas, and *still* ended up improving. I don't know how anyone can look at that as anything other than an incredible success.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:47 - May 8 with 1382 viewsEsox_Lucius

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 17:25 - May 8 by paulparker

Sly dig !! That’s good coming from you

So what work is needed behind the scenes then?

The grass is always greener.

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 19:48 - May 8 with 1378 viewsBazzeR

The most important summer signing would have to be MW on a long term contract

His achievements since being appointed have been remarkable.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 20:40 - May 8 with 1286 viewsstrikerace

Love to keep the team as is. We were 4th best starting in January
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 20:45 - May 8 with 1262 viewsSimplyNico

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 20:40 - May 8 by strikerace

Love to keep the team as is. We were 4th best starting in January

So would Warbs - https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-hoping-to-keep-qpr-loanees
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 21:00 - May 8 with 1229 viewsnumptydumpty

third best in 2021 actually...

only top two above us...

Warburton is the key absolutely

Losing Wells, Hugill, Eze, Bright, Manning, Hall and doing better this season outstanding.

Especially since the loan signings also.

But he proved himself with two different teams in very short time - knows the division - who would be better than him long term

Lets stop this merry go round of new manager new team every season - all replacements are all much the same anyhow.

Well done rangers

Hope next season goes well

U rrrs

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I LOVE THIS TEAM on 21:11 - May 8 with 1203 viewsdmm

I, my QPR mates and the majority of fans on this forum and others are delighted with our club this season. It's been a long time since there was such positivity among the QPR faithful. There's every good reason to look forward to next season.
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 21:17 - May 8 with 1182 viewsloftus77

Not match to add from me - massive thank you to MW and the team - superb season of good football pretty much throughout and devastating post-New Year form (ditch that wretched month of December and it looks fantastic).

So many games to look back on and enjoy (partic. Brentford Home and Watford away - they were special nights) and I love the very revealing stat about our best 'non-promotion' season at this level for 25 years . That says, and means, a lot.

2 quick points from me:

1. The post-Covid 'shake-out' - I think this can't be underestimated across the Championship next season. The narrative seems to be that we are/will be in a better position than most financially but who the hell really knows?? Lots to work out, and there is the factor (hopefully) of fans in the stadium - obviously a good thing but, inevitably, there'll be times when our inexperienced players might feel the pressure of big game occasions - we'll see.

2. The 4 loanees - '4 hits out of 4' was great and re-launched our season. Impossible to know what's going to happen but the financial fallout from point 1 could be crucial here.

For now there, immense satisfaction, respect and pride in a club that is doing everything right on and off the field - how often have we said this over the last 25/30 years???
[Post edited 8 May 2021 21:17]
I LOVE THIS TEAM on 21:29 - May 8 with 1147 viewsrsonist

Think some need to read Norf's last preview again, if they did at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024