Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 110987 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 17:08 - Feb 27 with 3621 viewscolinallcars

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:49 - Feb 27 by 222gers

All them cornfields and ballet in the evenin's.

You'd have to be of a “certain age” to remember that.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:24 - Feb 27 with 3340 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60548685

Fifa have announced their decision.

[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 20:35]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:27 - Feb 27 with 3314 viewseastside_r

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:24 - Feb 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

Pathetic.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:28 - Feb 27 with 3309 viewsloftboy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:24 - Feb 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

Shocking bottle jobs, but not surprised at that corrupt bunch of arseholes.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:41 - Feb 27 with 3261 viewsQPsyR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:27 - Feb 27 by eastside_r

Pathetic.

Totally a fcking disgrace cowardly wrong un bottle job cnts
Fck them
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 20:44]

FKA AcidPixie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:05 - Feb 27 with 3202 viewsDannyPaddox

If this is the Russian nuclear button …

It looks a lot like the early 1970s Binatone ping-pong game …

Of course it could just be the air-con.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:12 - Feb 27 with 3179 viewsSonofpugwash

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:05 - Feb 27 by DannyPaddox

If this is the Russian nuclear button …

It looks a lot like the early 1970s Binatone ping-pong game …

Of course it could just be the air-con.

Russian version of Alexa called Tovarich.

"Tovarich,how the f*ck do I get out of this mess"?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:17 - Feb 27 with 3171 viewsJuzzie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:12 - Feb 27 by Sonofpugwash

Russian version of Alexa called Tovarich.

"Tovarich,how the f*ck do I get out of this mess"?

“Go to your bunker with a pistol…..”
Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:48 - Feb 27 with 3071 viewsCiderwithRsie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:17 - Feb 27 by slmrstid

Its obviously absolutely impossible for us sitting over here to tell for sure but I really do wonder if this hasnt gone at all the way Vlad expected it.

- I dont think they expected the level of opposition at home
- I think he genuinely thought Ukrainians would welcome them as "liberators" and not fight back

Interesting that Russia have blocked access to social media due to too many dead Russians appearing on it that people are seeing at home. Blocking it is probably pointless because people will always find ways around that.

I could of course also be talking bollocks but I think in some ways we're seeing the Russian Army isnt quite as fierce/competent as they are perceived to be.

Not impossible to tell at all if you know what to look for, and where to find reliable information, and no it absolutely isn't.

For anyone really interested in the skinny, you could try this article from over three years ago saying they aren't up to scratch.
https://international-review.org/dwarfing-the-giant-the-reality-of-russias-milit

Same author had a twitter thread (if you can stand twitter) couple of days ago setting out exactly what's wrong now.

Short answer is that Russia is institutionally corrupt (I know, I was shocked too) and it feeds into incompetence at every level. Specifically they planned to capture Zelensky on about Day One with paras and the rest of the army is just supposed to roll down the main roads to Kyiv, driving round opposition, not fighting it. There's too much resistance and they ran out of fuel trying to get round.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:04 - Feb 27 with 3034 viewsCiderwithRsie

On a lighter note, the Ukrainians seem to have an amazing sense of humour. In the last few days I've seen verified videos or photos of:

- road signs where all the destinations have been changed to "f*ck off" "go f*ck yourself" and "f-ck off back to Russia"

- a guy driving up to a column of stranded Russian armour, asking if they broke down, and when told they're out of gas offering to tow them back to Russia. (Sad thing is the Russians are just ordinary decent lads, they don't shout or get nasty at him, they just laugh. They tell him they don't know where they are or where they're going)

- a farmer towing away another stranded armoured personnel carrier while his mate laughs
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:41 - Feb 27 with 2946 viewsPaddyhoops

I would expect nothing else from Fifa's gutless cabal of money merchants.
Let's see if they throw out Poland and Sweden for their refusal to play Russia. It won't be a good look but I wouldn't put it past them.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:59 - Feb 27 with 2898 viewskensalriser

FIFA true to form. Let's hope more countries simply refuse to play Russia and put FIFA in the position of having to award the trophy to Russia by default after no games played.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 23:04 - Feb 27 with 2886 viewsessextaxiboy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:59 - Feb 27 by kensalriser

FIFA true to form. Let's hope more countries simply refuse to play Russia and put FIFA in the position of having to award the trophy to Russia by default after no games played.

They will throw them out eventually IMO
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 00:00 - Feb 28 with 2799 viewsBoston

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 23:04 - Feb 27 by essextaxiboy

They will throw them out eventually IMO

Agree...but as previous posters have remarked and as most of us have always believed, FIFA and come to that, most 'global institutions' are ....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 00:30 - Feb 28 with 2773 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:04 - Feb 27 by CiderwithRsie

On a lighter note, the Ukrainians seem to have an amazing sense of humour. In the last few days I've seen verified videos or photos of:

- road signs where all the destinations have been changed to "f*ck off" "go f*ck yourself" and "f-ck off back to Russia"

- a guy driving up to a column of stranded Russian armour, asking if they broke down, and when told they're out of gas offering to tow them back to Russia. (Sad thing is the Russians are just ordinary decent lads, they don't shout or get nasty at him, they just laugh. They tell him they don't know where they are or where they're going)

- a farmer towing away another stranded armoured personnel carrier while his mate laughs

I read somewhere lots of the Russian soldiers are just kids and have no desire to kill Ukraine people who they do not consider an enemy .However make no mistake their bosses know how to kill and are doing it.
Putin does not accept losing and US reports NATO being afraid he will unleash weapons of mass destruction if he does not achieve his goal.
Horrible times ahead but I still hope for truce
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 00:46 - Feb 28 with 2762 viewsCiderwithRsie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 00:30 - Feb 28 by CLAREMAN1995

I read somewhere lots of the Russian soldiers are just kids and have no desire to kill Ukraine people who they do not consider an enemy .However make no mistake their bosses know how to kill and are doing it.
Putin does not accept losing and US reports NATO being afraid he will unleash weapons of mass destruction if he does not achieve his goal.

It's scary. Genuinely think the man is unhinged.

I'm not a praying man but I'm praying for peace now.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:51 - Feb 28 with 2254 viewsRanger_Things

https://mobile.twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1498056686548013062
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:56 - Feb 28 with 2257 viewsbob566

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 00:00 - Feb 28 by Boston

Agree...but as previous posters have remarked and as most of us have always believed, FIFA and come to that, most 'global institutions' are ....

Just takes a country to say we're not playing. Deduct us our 3 pts. The others will follow suit
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 07:19 - Feb 28 with 2257 viewsjohnhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 00:30 - Feb 28 by CLAREMAN1995

Probably why he’s using the Chechens who have no compunction about killing at all then.
Beginning to wonder whether Putin has truly lost it to the extent that he might do something totally insane. ( Like nuclear).
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 07:35 - Feb 28 with 2255 viewsPunteR

I think we should kick Russian Bot off this forum.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:11 - Feb 28 with 2257 viewsBostonR

It seems Russia is relying on old surplus military equipment from decades ago, as they do not have the money to keep up with the high maintenance costs for high-end end weapons and systems.
All very familiar from the cold war. Talk a great game, but when it comes to it playing in League 2 on military terms. It's the same with their nuclear arsenal - there is no way they have the finances and high-end expertise to keep their huge weapons in good working order.
Plenty of conscripted young boy's with some special forces supporting and according to reports the Ukrainian's may have taken some of those units out.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:41 - Feb 28 with 2256 viewsslmrstid

Lukashenko to Putin seems to be what Mussolini was to Hitler. Ie the little dictator of his own-country desperately trying to hang out with what he sees as the bigger mate to protect him.

It wouldn't surprise me if Putin looks down on Lukashenko as much as Hitler did to Mussolini too.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:47 - Feb 28 with 2256 viewsCamberleyR

Is anyone surprised by FIFA's pathetic, gutless reaction?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:33 - Feb 28 with 2101 viewsGloryHunter

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is trying to broker a peaceful end to the war in Ukraine, his spokesman said.

The Russian-Israeli billionaire has come under pressure to speak out following the invasion of Ukraine by Vladimir Putin’s forces, PA Media reported.

There have been calls in parliament for him to face sanctions as a major oligarch “with links to the Russian state”.

A spokesman for the Chelsea owner said:

I can confirm that Roman Abramovich was contacted by the Ukrainian side for support in achieving a peaceful resolution, and that he has been trying to help ever since.

Considering what is at stake, we would ask for your understanding as to why we have not commented on neither the situation as such nor his involvement.

Abramovich’s involvement followed a request from the Ukrainian film producer Alexander Rodnyansky. There were no further details about Abramovich’s role, although it was acknowledged his influence was “limited”.

“I can confirm that the Ukrainian side have been trying to find someone in Russia willing to help them in finding a peaceful resolution,” Rodnyansky said. He added:

They are connected to Roman Abramovich through the Jewish community and reached out to him for help. Roman Abramovich has been trying to mobilise support for a peaceful resolution ever since.

Although Roman Abramovich’s influence is limited, he is the only one who responded and taken it upon himself to try.

If this will have an impact or not, I don’t know, but I am in contact with (Ukraine president Volodymyr) Zelenskiy’s staff myself, and know that they are grateful for his genuine efforts.

Abramovich stepped back from day-to-day running of Chelsea on Saturday night, handing stewardship to the west London club’s charitable foundation trustees
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:41 - Feb 28 with 2066 viewsSonofpugwash

Never thought I'd go through this again in my lifetime.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024