Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 115347 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:28 - Mar 2 with 3695 viewsWatfordR

Links to Putin. Links to alleged corruption. Why on earth is he being given the opportunity to liquidate his holdings in the UK?

Clue: as if we didn’t know….
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:45 - Mar 2 with 3630 viewsted_hendrix

Take a look at the images of whats left of the Ukrainian city of Mariupol.

Quote from the deputy Mayor;

"We cannot count the number of victims there, but we believe at least hundreds of people are dead. We cannot go in to retrieve the bodies. My father lives there, I cannot reach him, I don't know if he is alive or dead."
"We believe in our Ukrainian army, but we are in a terrible situation."

Russian c unts--each and everyone of them.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:55 - Mar 2 with 3582 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:45 - Mar 2 by ted_hendrix

"We cannot count the number of victims there, but we believe at least hundreds of people are dead. We cannot go in to retrieve the bodies. My father lives there, I cannot reach him, I don't know if he is alive or dead."

There’s a Brit currently fighting in Mariupol. He previously fought against ISIS in Syria. Fecking hero.
@Cossackgundi on Twitter.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 20:57]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:04 - Mar 2 with 3529 viewsdaveB

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 18:45 - Mar 2 by CiderwithRsie

In two minds about this.

I've always said that all fans hate their local rivals, but in our case they really are the most odious club in football. If they aren't owned by a scumbag any more, what next? Human beings for fans? I might have to admit I just don't like them.

Still. Premier League, innit, there's bound to be another utterbastard along in a minute.

he's writing the loans off so another billionaire will take them over, they'll be fine
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:35 - Mar 2 with 3415 viewsdachiltern

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:28 - Mar 2 by WatfordR

Links to Putin. Links to alleged corruption. Why on earth is he being given the opportunity to liquidate his holdings in the UK?

Clue: as if we didn’t know….

Ditto and not a word about which victims of this war will receive help nor any concern, apology, regret expressed
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:36 - Mar 2 with 3282 viewsWatfordR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:35 - Mar 2 by dachiltern

Ditto and not a word about which victims of this war will receive help nor any concern, apology, regret expressed

Just a reminder, nineteen trophies bought by corrupt money. A legacy bought.

If the club has bought a legacy, it should not complain if it is prevented from selling it's way out of the quagmire it currently finds itself in.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 22:51 - Mar 2 with 3249 viewsLazyFan

I hope they are bought by some Private Equity people who do a leveraged buyout with massive loans against the club and all its assets.

They they asset strip the feck outta of it. Such as selling the ground with heavy loans, training ground, selling the pups all on the cheap, flogging off anything else and so on.

Otherwise, how will they get their money back?

zzzzzzzzzz

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 23:16 - Mar 2 with 3183 viewsCopenhagenRs

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:19 - Mar 2 by johncharles

We start a Crowd Fundraiser to help them (Mittal and Bhattia)
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 20:21]

Great idea. Crowd funding could speed up the process and once the Lidl is built their fans can get a season ticket to Newcastle. I am sure they will feel at home there with that new ownership. A win win situation for everybody.
Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 23:18 - Mar 2 with 3174 viewsDannyPaddox

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:41 - Mar 3 with 3059 viewsVancouverHoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 20:45 - Mar 2 by ted_hendrix

I absolutely share your anger and grief, but I don't think "Russians" are to blame at all. Only one Russian is, and we all know who that is. He's using his position and power to carry out a deranged and increasingly bloody campaign against an entire country, many of whom are Russians too. But this is not a war between nations it's a psychotic attack by a fantasy inside the head a single individual in which thousands may die. But it will be no fault of the Russian people.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 02:58 - Mar 3 with 2985 viewsnadera78

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:04 - Mar 2 by daveB

he's writing the loans off so another billionaire will take them over, they'll be fine

1) In one breath he says he's writing off the loans, but in another he says the "net profit" of the sale will go to charity. Well, that second bit suggests the profit after debts have been paid, so he'll get his money back. No clarity there, as usual.

2) This charity he says the profits will go to, which one is it? Who will be running it? Under what jurisdiction will it be established, and which set of rules overseeing it? Who will the beneficiaries be? No clarity there, as usual.

3) What happened to the plan to hand "control and stewardship" to the club's charity? That was a well-thought through plan, of course, not something he cooked up over dinner during his flight back to Moscow the other day? No clarity there, as usual.

4) If anyone thinks this is anything other than another cynical PR move designed to distract attention from his decades-long relationship with Putin and a desperate attempt to sever ties with the UK before it is too late then they have rocks in their head.

5) Fantastic to see, as usual, the cretins at Sky Sports News are all over this story. Time after time after time they have served a role as mouthpieces for despicable people who use football to cover their tracks and their crimes. The people who work for SSN are unthinking morons, happily swallowing BS from clubs like Chelsea, Manchester x2 - and every other money launderer and chancer who has infested English football over the past 20 years - and then regurgitating it across our TV screens. Anything for a headline, anything for clickbait, anything for ratings. Lickspittle w*nkers the lot of them, as complicit in the degradation of our sport as the owners themselves.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 3:31]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 07:19 - Mar 3 with 2812 viewsPaddyhoops

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 21:04 - Mar 2 by daveB

Will the next owners be prepared to bank roll Chelsea like Abramovich did? Or will they be prepared to forgo Trophies for profit like Arsenal and Tottenham.
Chelsea have 40,000 seats which puts them a long way behind at least 5 or 6 premier leauge clubs .
Will take a hell of a lot of investment to bring them on par with those clubs.
I can see them as a top six club over the next few years.
Mind you Chelsea's army of " Johnny come latelys" should be satisfied with that when you consider they ping ponged between the top divisions back in the day.
There will be worried Chelsea fans this morning which is always a good thing!!
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 07:54 - Mar 3 with 2728 viewsPhildo

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 02:58 - Mar 3 by nadera78

1) In one breath he says he's writing off the loans, but in another he says the "net profit" of the sale will go to charity. Well, that second bit suggests the profit after debts have been paid, so he'll get his money back. No clarity there, as usual.

2) This charity he says the profits will go to, which one is it? Who will be running it? Under what jurisdiction will it be established, and which set of rules overseeing it? Who will the beneficiaries be? No clarity there, as usual.

3) What happened to the plan to hand "control and stewardship" to the club's charity? That was a well-thought through plan, of course, not something he cooked up over dinner during his flight back to Moscow the other day? No clarity there, as usual.

4) If anyone thinks this is anything other than another cynical PR move designed to distract attention from his decades-long relationship with Putin and a desperate attempt to sever ties with the UK before it is too late then they have rocks in their head.

5) Fantastic to see, as usual, the cretins at Sky Sports News are all over this story. Time after time after time they have served a role as mouthpieces for despicable people who use football to cover their tracks and their crimes. The people who work for SSN are unthinking morons, happily swallowing BS from clubs like Chelsea, Manchester x2 - and every other money launderer and chancer who has infested English football over the past 20 years - and then regurgitating it across our TV screens. Anything for a headline, anything for clickbait, anything for ratings. Lickspittle w*nkers the lot of them, as complicit in the degradation of our sport as the owners themselves.

This.

He tried a sham arrangement with 'trustees' and the situation has worsened so now a sale 'in a week' and cut price sales of his London property portfolio.

The reporting of this last night from the sports journalists was incredible - as if it was some great sad event. It should have been seized now -today- and any money from a sale given to the Ukrainians. This bloke has been at Putins side the whole time.

Never mind my hatred of that club this bloke ruined football, invented sports washing and allowed all the other dodgy offshore owners to follow. Good riddance and they can go back to being a small club in Fulham.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:36 - Mar 3 with 2650 viewsKonk

I bet the Saudis are kicking themselves that the deal for Newcastle went through now. Unfortunately Abramovich’s time bankrolling Chelsea means that they are now a legitimately big, prestigious club and being in West London, it’s only a matter of time before some other shi tbag buys them and throws money at the club. I can remember celebrating their impending meltdown when Harding had died, they owed £100m, and Bates was desperately trying to find investment…and that didn’t turn out very well.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:47 - Mar 3 with 2595 viewsRs_Holy

I heard Abramovich is willing to write off any debt owed to him by chelsea fc... apparently it is £1.5 Billion... unbelievable really but would anyone buy it with that amount of debt?

edit - apologies as this looks like a Spackman... I haven't had time to read all the posts in this thread
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 9:09]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 08:54 - Mar 3 with 2570 viewsslmrstid

Rich people don't give away money for free. Nadera is spot on with their post.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:47 - Mar 3 with 2405 viewsdaveB

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 02:58 - Mar 3 by nadera78

The charity is for victims of the war, he doesn't specify which side that goes to.
The Government should be all over him like a rash but he's gonna walk away with a ton of cash
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:10 - Mar 3 with 2353 viewsslmrstid

That Lavrov bloke is absolutely off his rocker. Scary.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:13 - Mar 3 with 2345 viewsDannyPaddox

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:33 - Mar 3 with 2287 viewsnadera78

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 09:47 - Mar 3 by daveB

The charity is for victims of the war, he doesn't specify which side that goes to.
The Government should be all over him like a rash but he's gonna walk away with a ton of cash

I know that's what he's said, but my point was which one? As in, which charity? Who's running it? Where is it based? What laws will it be governed under? Which victims and of which war is he referring to?

It's nothing more than a PR stunt. He thinks - and is probably correct in this - that by stating this is the plan he can pocket the money and then ignore any questions in the future (if they ever even get asked).
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:37 - Mar 3 with 2261 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:33 - Mar 3 by nadera78

I know that's what he's said, but my point was which one? As in, which charity? Who's running it? Where is it based? What laws will it be governed under? Which victims and of which war is he referring to?

It's nothing more than a PR stunt. He thinks - and is probably correct in this - that by stating this is the plan he can pocket the money and then ignore any questions in the future (if they ever even get asked).

The politicians don't want to get involved in seizing a club either, or forcing a sale.

This announcement and the PR charity element suits them down to the ground as well. "How can we step in now - he's giving the money to charity?!"

All deliciously convenient.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:46 - Mar 3 with 2215 viewsdaveB

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 10:33 - Mar 3 by nadera78

It probably didn't come across that way but was agreeing with you.
It's clearly a PR stunt
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:03 - Mar 3 with 2166 viewsJuzzie

"The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery."

He does specifically state 'all victims' and 'the war in Ukraine'.

Let's just hope this means what it says. I'm not convinced though. None of this can happen until he actually sells the club and what if that doesn't happen? Then no one gets any help?
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:21 - Mar 3 with 2070 viewsflynnbo

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:03 - Mar 3 by Juzzie

"The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery."

He does specifically state 'all victims' and 'the war in Ukraine'.

Let's just hope this means what it says. I'm not convinced though. None of this can happen until he actually sells the club and what if that doesn't happen? Then no one gets any help?

Unbelievable!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnTerry26/status/1499297510984146949/photo/1
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:29 - Mar 3 with 3525 viewstoboboly

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:21 - Mar 3 by flynnbo

Unbelievable!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnTerry26/status/1499297510984146949/photo/1

Block the racist cn ut. That's what I did.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024