Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich 13:02 - Feb 14 with 115343 viewsloftboy

Should the worst happen and the Russians invade, I suspect that many rich Russians in the UK will be part of the proposed sanctions, could this affect our foes down the road?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:30 - Mar 3 with 3509 viewsRs_Holy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:21 - Mar 3 by flynnbo

Unbelievable!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnTerry26/status/1499297510984146949/photo/1

confirms what we all knew about him... not a very nice person
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:32 - Mar 3 with 3488 viewsslmrstid

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:30 - Mar 3 by Rs_Holy

I was glad to read this morning about Luton fans giving Chelsea both barrels when they started singing pro-Roman songs last night. Hopefully every other opposing club can do the same the rest of the season.

Not that football fans singing songs at each other matters a great deal in the great scheme of things - but you must really be a bit blind to be a Chelsea fan who loves Abramovich still after all of this.

Bit like the people who keep spouting "Keep politics and sport separate!!" on social media - I swear these people live under rocks.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:36 - Mar 3 with 3467 viewseastside_r

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:03 - Mar 3 by Juzzie

"The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery."

He does specifically state 'all victims' and 'the war in Ukraine'.

Let's just hope this means what it says. I'm not convinced though. None of this can happen until he actually sells the club and what if that doesn't happen? Then no one gets any help?

Nah. It’s like the earlier‘stewardship’ transferral, just a smokescreen and diversion tactic while he hurriedly liquidates his UK assets before they are frozen.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:13 - Mar 3 with 3299 viewsCamberleyR

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:32 - Mar 3 by slmrstid

I was glad to read this morning about Luton fans giving Chelsea both barrels when they started singing pro-Roman songs last night. Hopefully every other opposing club can do the same the rest of the season.

Not that football fans singing songs at each other matters a great deal in the great scheme of things - but you must really be a bit blind to be a Chelsea fan who loves Abramovich still after all of this.

Bit like the people who keep spouting "Keep politics and sport separate!!" on social media - I swear these people live under rocks.

"you must really be a bit blind to be a Chelsea fan who loves Abramovich still after all of this"

There seems to be millions of the f*ckers on Twitter especially the ones who it seems only started supporting them this century. I've had a bit of fun trolling them the stupid twáts.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:15 - Mar 3 with 3294 viewsted_hendrix

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 01:41 - Mar 3 by VancouverHoop

I absolutely share your anger and grief, but I don't think "Russians" are to blame at all. Only one Russian is, and we all know who that is. He's using his position and power to carry out a deranged and increasingly bloody campaign against an entire country, many of whom are Russians too. But this is not a war between nations it's a psychotic attack by a fantasy inside the head a single individual in which thousands may die. But it will be no fault of the Russian people.

All fair points, my post last night was written in the midst of witnessing yet more distressing and sad news coming out of Ukraine, I gotta admit I don't deal with It too well but that's just me.
For the life of me I cant grasp the fact that two neighbouring Countries have got themselves into this situation in the Year 2022, seeing scenes of kids being seperated from their parents seeing the death toll rising the destruction the refugee situation.
I've worked with Russians before retiring and like you, or me they were all decent hard working blokes, you are correct it isn't the fault of the Russian people.

From the very late 80s into the early 90's the 'cold war' started to come to an end which at the time was a huge relief, something like 40 Years later on and look what's happening now.

It's always-always the innocent people who suffer, I'm tired, tired of It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:20 - Mar 3 with 3258 viewsRs_Holy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:15 - Mar 3 by ted_hendrix

All fair points, my post last night was written in the midst of witnessing yet more distressing and sad news coming out of Ukraine, I gotta admit I don't deal with It too well but that's just me.
For the life of me I cant grasp the fact that two neighbouring Countries have got themselves into this situation in the Year 2022, seeing scenes of kids being seperated from their parents seeing the death toll rising the destruction the refugee situation.
I've worked with Russians before retiring and like you, or me they were all decent hard working blokes, you are correct it isn't the fault of the Russian people.

From the very late 80s into the early 90's the 'cold war' started to come to an end which at the time was a huge relief, something like 40 Years later on and look what's happening now.

It's always-always the innocent people who suffer, I'm tired, tired of It.

"It's always-always the innocent people who suffer, I'm tired, tired of It".

this!
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:29 - Mar 3 with 3210 viewsPaddyhoops

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:30 - Mar 3 by Rs_Holy

Terry hasn't tweeted anything about the tiny little Ukrainian kids cowering in basements having had Thier life's turned upside down through no fault of Thier own.
Traumatised for life because of Romans mate Putin.
Thought not. Stay classy John!!
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:36 - Mar 3 with 3173 viewsgobbles

It's worth remembering in all of this that Putin is in his position because people have enabled him.
Abramovich certainly seems to be one of those people and has also been involved in Russian politics as governor of Chukotka, a region that is bigger than Ukraine and, while poor (and he is credited as improving the standards of living there), has huge reserves of oil, gas and gold. Abramovich comes from an area as far from Chukotka as we are from Chile.
It is also worth noting that nearly all the wealth of oligarchs was snatched from the Russian people at the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
Login to get fewer ads

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:56 - Mar 3 with 3093 viewsRangers67

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:36 - Mar 3 by gobbles

It's worth remembering in all of this that Putin is in his position because people have enabled him.
Abramovich certainly seems to be one of those people and has also been involved in Russian politics as governor of Chukotka, a region that is bigger than Ukraine and, while poor (and he is credited as improving the standards of living there), has huge reserves of oil, gas and gold. Abramovich comes from an area as far from Chukotka as we are from Chile.
It is also worth noting that nearly all the wealth of oligarchs was snatched from the Russian people at the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Spot on assessment. For my part I have been saying for years that Abramovich and his like in the UK should have been subject to much stricter financial rules and regs . But of course the people in power of all political persuasions have been only to happy to stick their noses in the financial troughs fed by these scum bags. I gave up long ago expecting the premier league or FA to do anything remotely sensible or proper. In my view any trophies the scummers have won since RA has been in charge are null and void because it was all funded by money stolen from the Russian people. As most people know London and the governments over the last few decades are mired in sleaze and corruption so we are no better than the Russians in that respect.
The whole of Chelscum is a horrible club with rascist fans who will quite happily worship JT one the most vile human beings alive.
Thankfully as a club we are a million miles away from this lot and I wouldn,t swap places with them for all of Romans billions.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:31 - Mar 3 with 2977 viewsDannyPaddox

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 11:21 - Mar 3 by flynnbo

Unbelievable!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnTerry26/status/1499297510984146949/photo/1

From the twit thread:

Yes please do and let’s see how long the abomination would stay standing.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:33 - Mar 3 with 2966 viewsthemodfather

why is Roman still free to LIQUIDATE his assets? why have no sanctions been put in place? 2 weeks into this war in Ukraine! not his fault but talk was about freezing assets of russian oligarchs and nothing, why? is Bojo protecting his rich benefactors? are labour doing the same?
and chelsea fans are very touchy at the moment, they never asked where the money came from just watched the trophies pile in ( yep a billion quid buys a lot) not it's "not our fault" etc....step back and wonder why so many footy fans still hate you and always will!
the fit and proper tests for owners in football are pathetic, man city had a dodgy onwer, Shinatwa? something like that....
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:38 - Mar 3 with 2948 viewswood_hoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:56 - Mar 3 by Rangers67

Spot on assessment. For my part I have been saying for years that Abramovich and his like in the UK should have been subject to much stricter financial rules and regs . But of course the people in power of all political persuasions have been only to happy to stick their noses in the financial troughs fed by these scum bags. I gave up long ago expecting the premier league or FA to do anything remotely sensible or proper. In my view any trophies the scummers have won since RA has been in charge are null and void because it was all funded by money stolen from the Russian people. As most people know London and the governments over the last few decades are mired in sleaze and corruption so we are no better than the Russians in that respect.
The whole of Chelscum is a horrible club with rascist fans who will quite happily worship JT one the most vile human beings alive.
Thankfully as a club we are a million miles away from this lot and I wouldn,t swap places with them for all of Romans billions.

Unfortunately since the degregation of the sport by Sky and the other pigs with their noses in the trough, its too late for many supporters of clubs that have been blinded by the propoganda of the Prem being the gates to heaven.

Vast swathe of the younger football supporters now have visions of their club being funded by some billionaire no matter what their background, Newcastle & Chel*** a prime example, and the likes of J.Terry being put on pedestals by the sports media.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:52 - Mar 3 with 2879 viewsRs_Holy

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:31 - Mar 3 by DannyPaddox

From the twit thread:

Ive come up with a design for the statue....

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:10 - Mar 3 with 2812 viewsNorthantsHoop

The West unfortunately has been asleep at the wheel for at least the last two decades in its clamour for Russian resources and money. Believing that since the Iron curtain and the Berlin wall fell that we would all live in harmony, happily ever after, but the subversive forces that control Russia and have done since the Soviet Union have been playing us for years. Unfortunately to defend democracy and to stand up to Putin who sees the west as weak requires a re-focus in the west on defence spending, stronger re-enforcement of boundaries and stop all this internal naval gazing as the frightening big picture is unfolding in Ukraine. It is heartbreaking to see what is happening in Ukraine, we have to hope that enough financial pressure bears down on Putin's Russia and that the Ukranians can continue to show great fortitude in fighting off the Russian invaders. The Russians and the Ukranians are from similar stock and this could be hopefully what Putin has underestimated.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2022 14:29]
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:38 - Mar 3 with 2698 viewsstowmarketrange

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 13:33 - Mar 3 by themodfather

why is Roman still free to LIQUIDATE his assets? why have no sanctions been put in place? 2 weeks into this war in Ukraine! not his fault but talk was about freezing assets of russian oligarchs and nothing, why? is Bojo protecting his rich benefactors? are labour doing the same?
and chelsea fans are very touchy at the moment, they never asked where the money came from just watched the trophies pile in ( yep a billion quid buys a lot) not it's "not our fault" etc....step back and wonder why so many footy fans still hate you and always will!
the fit and proper tests for owners in football are pathetic, man city had a dodgy onwer, Shinatwa? something like that....

£1.5 billion is his total investment over the years.Imagine if he’d spent that in his own country on one of the Moscow teams?Thats where he fleeced the public to become so rich in the first place,so the least he could’ve done was invested in one of their clubs.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:46 - Mar 3 with 2661 viewsJuzzie

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 12:36 - Mar 3 by gobbles

For a country that has supposedly based it's beliefs on 'for the people', they ain't half done a good job of stripping the land of all it's wealth and doing anything BUT giving it to the people. The land belongs to all of them, not just a handful.
Makes me laff when Americans keep going on about them being commies. They are more capitalist than them!
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:20 - Mar 3 with 2584 viewsswisscottage

Here's a good article from the Royal United Services Institute about how complicit/incompetent our Government has been:

https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/dont-expect-sancti
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:53 - Mar 3 with 2506 viewsKonk

From the twit thread:

It will be a sad day, but totally in keeping with modern football, if we start sticking-up statues of club owners/oligarchs, outside grounds. Statues should be limited to players, managers, and sexually-deviant pop stars with no connections to football.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:55 - Mar 3 with 2489 viewsNorthernr

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:53 - Mar 3 by Konk

It will be a sad day, but totally in keeping with modern football, if we start sticking-up statues of club owners/oligarchs, outside grounds. Statues should be limited to players, managers, and sexually-deviant pop stars with no connections to football.

Jack Walker surely has one at Blackburn doesn't he? Which is probably fair enough...
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:08 - Mar 3 with 2415 viewsKonk

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:55 - Mar 3 by Northernr

Jack Walker surely has one at Blackburn doesn't he? Which is probably fair enough...

You're right - there's a statue of Jack Walker at Ewood. I'd stop at naming a stand after an owner, though, and even then only if they'd stumped-up the money for it.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:26 - Mar 3 with 2350 viewsJuzzie

From the twit thread:

This guy has absolutely got the right idea..... turn Abramovich himself into a statue!
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 16:46 - Mar 3 with 2278 viewsEsox_Lucius

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 15:20 - Mar 3 by swisscottage

Here's a good article from the Royal United Services Institute about how complicit/incompetent our Government has been:

https://rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/dont-expect-sancti

A damning report from Chatham House too.
https://www.chathamhouse.org/2021/12/uks-kleptocracy-problem

The grass is always greener.

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 17:27 - Mar 3 with 2136 viewsjohnhoop

Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 14:46 - Mar 3 by Juzzie

For a country that has supposedly based it's beliefs on 'for the people', they ain't half done a good job of stripping the land of all it's wealth and doing anything BUT giving it to the people. The land belongs to all of them, not just a handful.
Makes me laff when Americans keep going on about them being commies. They are more capitalist than them!

If I remember rightly it was a bunch of economists from Harvard University, principal among them a guy named Jeffrey Sachs, who were brought in to advise on the change from a "command" to a "free market" economy.
Unfortunately the advice that they gave ended up with the previously state owned assets of the Soviet Union ending up in the hands of a few Oligarchs like Abramovich and his mates.
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 17:49 - Mar 3 with 2064 viewsTGRRRSSS

Weren't Arsenal hoping Usmanov would take Arsenal a couple of years ago in the end he left it to Silent Stan.

They must be relieved everyone's forgotten about that?
Russia, Ukraine & Abramovich on 17:54 - Mar 3 with 3315 viewsJuzzie

As someone else said on another thread (I think), what about 'AFC Scott Parkers Plucky Bournemouth'?

They are co-owned by a Russian businessman who still has a majority stake. What sanctions apply to them? Will he be selling up/giving stewardship to a charity/donating proceeds to all victims of the Ukraine War etc. too?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024