Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson 11:22 - Apr 9 with 5520 viewsEllDale

I’ve delayed posting this as I wanted to see if anyone else commented first but I’m led to believe that when he came on as a substitute for Salford on Tuesday that it was his 600th career appearance.
Whatever else you may think about the bloke after the manner of his departure (and I’m still not sure that we know the real truth about that) I feel that he deserves congratulating on achieving that landmark.
Ian Henderson on 11:26 - Apr 9 with 5483 viewsDorkingDale

Absolutely - and I still think he was shafted. Speculation is futile, but things might have been very different last season.
Ian Henderson on 11:33 - Apr 9 with 5440 viewsboromat

A great achievement!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ian Henderson on 10:54 - Apr 10 with 4775 viewsseasidedale

Inotehe came on as a 93rd minute sub yesterday
Ian Henderson on 21:23 - Apr 10 with 4464 viewsHealeyDale

Great player and fantastic achievement. I just wish he’d been able to finish his career with The Dale
Ian Henderson on 21:55 - Apr 10 with 4403 viewsRAFCBLUE

Great player and a significant number of those 600 appearances for us.

Hendo is one of us and a real scandal the way he was exited from the club without a proper goodbye and that he didn't get the chance to break the goalscoring record.

Henderson was another victim of Bottomley. Remember when he found out he was being released on social media:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/ian-hendersons-shock-statement-has-fans-lashing-out-at-r

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/releasedretainedlist2020/

The timeline now also makes sense - Bottomley by Summer 2020 was on a crusade of destabilization ahead of a "controlled relegation" to League 2.

When you openly review the CEO decision making in Summer 2020 it is highly questionable with what we know now.

When you hear that a bottle of champagne was opened on confirmation of that relegation in May 2021 it tells you all you need to know.

IMO had Bottomley not exited Henderson, we would stayed in League 1 and Henderson would be the club's top goalscorer.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Ian Henderson on 22:50 - Apr 10 with 4323 viewsR17ALE

Ian Henderson on 21:55 - Apr 10 by RAFCBLUE

Great player and a significant number of those 600 appearances for us.

Hendo is one of us and a real scandal the way he was exited from the club without a proper goodbye and that he didn't get the chance to break the goalscoring record.

Henderson was another victim of Bottomley. Remember when he found out he was being released on social media:

https://fanbanter.co.uk/ian-hendersons-shock-statement-has-fans-lashing-out-at-r

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/releasedretainedlist2020/

The timeline now also makes sense - Bottomley by Summer 2020 was on a crusade of destabilization ahead of a "controlled relegation" to League 2.

When you openly review the CEO decision making in Summer 2020 it is highly questionable with what we know now.

When you hear that a bottle of champagne was opened on confirmation of that relegation in May 2021 it tells you all you need to know.

IMO had Bottomley not exited Henderson, we would stayed in League 1 and Henderson would be the club's top goalscorer.

And when Cloughies legacy decided to install photos of Dale greats in the Main Stand lounge, which I hope several fans have enjoyed looking at, we were told not to include Hendo.

My reaction was, these coonts won't be here forever, we'll get one done and stick it up when the bastards are gone. Rawlinson, in particular, was a barrier to the artwork, but he's probably in a care home now.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Ian Henderson on 07:38 - Apr 11 with 4114 viewsRAFCBLUE

Ian Henderson on 22:50 - Apr 10 by R17ALE

And when Cloughies legacy decided to install photos of Dale greats in the Main Stand lounge, which I hope several fans have enjoyed looking at, we were told not to include Hendo.

My reaction was, these coonts won't be here forever, we'll get one done and stick it up when the bastards are gone. Rawlinson, in particular, was a barrier to the artwork, but he's probably in a care home now.

Very telling.

Imagine the conversation where the CEO "fan" concludes that releasing Ian Henderson, who he had been in long term negotiations with, is in the best interest of the club.

I'm going to release one of our best ever League 1 players on a free transfer.

What are you going to do with the savings?

Reinvest them into a pay rise for me and a secret contract extension for Brian Barry-Murphy.

Ian Henderson will write a book one day and Bottomley will be in there.

The mistreatment of a legendary player is usually a scandal in itself but just water of the duck's back for Roger.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Ian Henderson on 09:13 - Apr 11 with 4002 viewsSuddenLad

Dodgy Roger probably seethed at the adulation that Hendo received from everyone on the terraces and wished it for himself. He was 'a man with a plan' and was building his empire slowly but surely, for his own benefit.

How dare a player take the limelight from him, with a probable all-time club scoring record to add to his legacy, when Dodgy Roger was seeking to become Emperor.

Off with his head. Begone pesky Hendo the light will shine on me. I'm the star around here

Tvvat.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Ian Henderson on 09:40 - Apr 11 with 3968 viewsdawlishdale

This is getting closer to what I was told when Hendo departed. It sounds very much like Roger engineered his departure, and sung like a canary about his part in it to try and appear all powerful. In reality; it was yet another case of him being an awful businessman.
Basically, Henderson and his agent(s) ran rings around poor Roger, and as usual, he didn't like it.
Ian Henderson on 09:43 - Apr 11 with 3964 viewsjudd

Ian Henderson on 09:13 - Apr 11 by SuddenLad

Dodgy Roger probably seethed at the adulation that Hendo received from everyone on the terraces and wished it for himself. He was 'a man with a plan' and was building his empire slowly but surely, for his own benefit.

How dare a player take the limelight from him, with a probable all-time club scoring record to add to his legacy, when Dodgy Roger was seeking to become Emperor.

Off with his head. Begone pesky Hendo the light will shine on me. I'm the star around here

Tvvat.

I have it from 2 separate and independent sources that allege Bottomley said he can go to his grave happy in the knowledge that Hendo would never break Reg's record.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson on 09:53 - Apr 11 with 3929 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on 09:43 - Apr 11 by judd

I have it from 2 separate and independent sources that allege Bottomley said he can go to his grave happy in the knowledge that Hendo would never break Reg's record.

There'll be an AWFUL lot more will go to their grave happy knowing that Rodger the Dodger gets his comeuppance. There'll need to be carriages after that celebration cos no one will be fit to drive!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ian Henderson on 10:37 - Apr 11 with 3843 viewsD_Alien

Was Hendo offered a new contract, albeit shorter than he wished at that stage in his career? Negotiations were taking place, so something was on the table

I can understand Hendo wanting to secure the best terms for himself, he's a professional footballer

But unless there wasn't a contract on offer, the only person responsible for not breaking the goalscoring record is Hendo

No doubt that will be an unpopular perspective, but it doesn't alter the outcome and equally no doubt a different CEO would've offered a contract he'd have found easier to sign

[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 10:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson on 10:58 - Apr 11 with 3759 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Ian Henderson on 09:53 - Apr 11 by DaleiLama

There'll be an AWFUL lot more will go to their grave happy knowing that Rodger the Dodger gets his comeuppance. There'll need to be carriages after that celebration cos no one will be fit to drive!

21 gun salute perhaps?
Aim at the coffin…, just to be on the safe side.
Ian Henderson on 12:13 - Apr 11 with 3604 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on 10:58 - Apr 11 by Plattyswrinklynuts

21 gun salute perhaps?
Aim at the coffin…, just to be on the safe side.

I literally sprayed tea as I read that comment!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ian Henderson on 15:09 - Apr 11 with 3364 viewssamueloneils

Bearing in mind that we will probably need a new captain next season, is it beyond the realms to consider offering him a return.

He is 37 and has always kept himself fit. Remember Wilbraham looking good for another season at 40.(in Div 1).
When he signed his last contract at the Dale he said he wanted to see out his career here.
All the people he felt let down by have now departed, I believe.
He may well be attracted by :
More potential game time.
Steering the likes of Grant, Odoh Brierley and Thomas through their progression(combined ages under 80).

I would still back him to get 10 goals a season.
I doubt it would be a problem for Salford.
Ian Henderson on 15:13 - Apr 11 with 3324 viewsTVOS1907

Ian Henderson on 15:09 - Apr 11 by samueloneils

Bearing in mind that we will probably need a new captain next season, is it beyond the realms to consider offering him a return.

He is 37 and has always kept himself fit. Remember Wilbraham looking good for another season at 40.(in Div 1).
When he signed his last contract at the Dale he said he wanted to see out his career here.
Steering the likes of Grant, Odoh Brierley and Thomas through their progression(combined ages under 80).

He might have always kept himself fit, but he's been out injured for most of this season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ian Henderson on 16:27 - Apr 11 with 3195 viewsboromat

Ian Henderson on 15:13 - Apr 11 by TVOS1907

He might have always kept himself fit, but he's been out injured for most of this season.

Well rested

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ian Henderson on 10:55 - Apr 12 with 2783 viewsCockneyDale

Ian Henderson on 15:13 - Apr 11 by TVOS1907

Indeed. And though he did OK in his first season there, I'd be interested what Salford's view is on whether he has been value for money over his contract. There's a decent argument that we dodged an expensive bullet by not retaining him. This is not to take away from how wonderful he was for us.
Ian Henderson on 11:49 - Apr 12 with 2647 viewselectricblue

Ian Henderson on 15:09 - Apr 11 by samueloneils

Who would he replace !
Would Henderson at 37yrs young be happy as a squad player!.

Time to let him move to where ever next season..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024