Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 10:23 - Aug 28 with 5832 viewsRangersw12

Thought that was his best game for us yesterday. Passing was excellent and got around the pitch putting in tackles

There is potential there and would be disappointing if his game time his shelved for a loan we won't be able to sign

Dozzell on 10:28 - Aug 28 with 4833 viewseastside_r

Agree. However, in Beale’s preferred set up, presuming he has just the one) I wouldn’t have him as a starter i.e. if Amos is fit.
Dozzell on 11:33 - Aug 28 with 4504 viewsDWQPR

Dozzell on 10:28 - Aug 28 by eastside_r

Agree. However, in Beale’s preferred set up, presuming he has just the one) I wouldn’t have him as a starter i.e. if Amos is fit.

But even better if him and Amos start to push each other on. There is a very decent player in Dozzell if he can follow up that pass rather than admire it.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Dozzell on 17:41 - Aug 28 with 4147 viewsVancouverHoop

Dozzell on 11:33 - Aug 28 by DWQPR

But even better if him and Amos start to push each other on. There is a very decent player in Dozzell if he can follow up that pass rather than admire it.

Been unconvinced until his past two or three performances but now I'm inclined to agree. He seems both more confident and determined. I'd like to think this is down to the new coaching regime. Hope it continues for both Dozzell and other young players in the squad, it's a positive sign.
Dozzell on 17:50 - Aug 28 with 4111 viewsNorthernr

Play like that every week and nobody would have a problem with him.
Dozzell on 18:05 - Aug 28 with 4030 viewsdixiedean

Agree 100%. In fact the whole midfield were excellent. Theirs was ver poor . Choudhry doing a great impression of Barton with a succession of Hollywood passes straight into touch. Not sure how Clive will choose a MOM as there were so many candidates. I would rule out Seny and Dickie as they were both jointly culpable for both goals . Dykes also had a good game but not MOM candidate without goal threat to add to his all round good play . Any one of the rest who started could get the award . Laird getting stronger with each game. I like him a lot .
Dozzell on 18:07 - Aug 28 with 4018 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 18:05 - Aug 28 by dixiedean

Agree 100%. In fact the whole midfield were excellent. Theirs was ver poor . Choudhry doing a great impression of Barton with a succession of Hollywood passes straight into touch. Not sure how Clive will choose a MOM as there were so many candidates. I would rule out Seny and Dickie as they were both jointly culpable for both goals . Dykes also had a good game but not MOM candidate without goal threat to add to his all round good play . Any one of the rest who started could get the award . Laird getting stronger with each game. I like him a lot .

Chair for me, from like you say a pleasingly long list.
Dozzell on 18:17 - Aug 28 with 3947 viewsdixiedean

Can’t argue with that Clive. He was heavily involved in all 3 goals - although if we’d not won after he missed that one on one at 3-2 I’d have said otherwise.
Dozzell on 18:19 - Aug 28 with 3945 viewsCiderwithRsie

I've got to say that so far he is very much what I was led to expect by the Ipswich fans Clive contacted when we signed him. Skilfull, intelligent, great with a long pass, the sort of player they (and we) want to do well, but just not consistent enough or forceful enough when the going gets tough.

He plays in a key position for us and I really hope that potential is brought out.
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 18:40 - Aug 28 with 3853 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dozzell on 18:17 - Aug 28 by dixiedean

Can’t argue with that Clive. He was heavily involved in all 3 goals - although if we’d not won after he missed that one on one at 3-2 I’d have said otherwise.

I don't remember that.

I remember Chair's one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozzell on 20:54 - Aug 28 with 3626 viewsdenhamhoop2

His best game for us by a country mile played on the front foot all game and even dug into a few tackles in mitigation I thought Watford's midfield was awful. Am amazed that Pedro is still at Watford the effort to lob Seny was superb.
Dozzell on 21:00 - Aug 28 with 3603 viewsDavieQPR

Chair M-O-M for me. How he worked out the angle for that pool shot goal I will never know.
Dozzell on 21:46 - Aug 28 with 3518 viewsE17hoop

Dozzell on 17:50 - Aug 28 by Northernr

Play like that every week and nobody would have a problem with him.

You called it in your report; with Field next to him instead of Johansen he seemed more confident.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Dozzell on 22:23 - Aug 28 with 3440 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dozzell on 18:19 - Aug 28 by CiderwithRsie

I've got to say that so far he is very much what I was led to expect by the Ipswich fans Clive contacted when we signed him. Skilfull, intelligent, great with a long pass, the sort of player they (and we) want to do well, but just not consistent enough or forceful enough when the going gets tough.

He plays in a key position for us and I really hope that potential is brought out.

He is getting close to last chance saloon and the comments made by Beale about not being happy with midfield and the need to strengthen the spine of the team may have been the rocket he needed.

Both he and Johansen played well on Saturday, although Laird, Willock and Chair were next level.
He therefore needs to kick on and make himself undroppable by affecting games more. A few assists and a goal or two would make a real difference to his chances of staying in or around the first team, especially when our crocks return.
Dozzell on 22:26 - Aug 28 with 3422 viewsAntti_Heinola

imo Dozzell has it all.
Unlock it and we have a great player there.
Sometimes signings take a while to be good signings.

Bare bones.

Dozzell on 23:03 - Aug 28 with 3360 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dozzell on 22:26 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

imo Dozzell has it all.

Hopefully Beale is the man to finally crack the code!
Dozzell on 23:39 - Aug 28 with 3304 viewsMrSheen

Dozzell on 22:26 - Aug 28 by Antti_Heinola

imo Dozzell has it all.

He reminds me of Simon Osborn. Great ability but clearly not an all rounder. You can choose to get on his back for the things he doesn’t do well, or try to accommodate him so he can give his best while others do things he can’t. In the end results determine how patient the coaches are, of course. Osborn was burned in a failing team, hoping for better this time.
Dozzell on 02:51 - Aug 29 with 3137 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dozzell on 18:05 - Aug 28 by dixiedean

Laird far more culpable than Dickie for their first - he really was soft as shit, to use a Warnockism, to get rolled like that and seem to almost give up, though I guess he redeemed himself for the cutback for Willock's lovely finish. Dickie was similarly soft for their second, and I'm sure words will be said this week. Our counter-attacking got us out of said shit, but that won't always happen. Not trying to pour cold water on a stirring performance and a deserved, if somewhat fortuitous, win, but we remain a both skilled and shaky work in progress.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dozzell on 07:54 - Aug 29 with 2983 viewsdavman

Dozzell on 02:51 - Aug 29 by stainrods_elbow

Laird far more culpable than Dickie for their first - he really was soft as shit, to use a Warnockism, to get rolled like that and seem to almost give up, though I guess he redeemed himself for the cutback for Willock's lovely finish. Dickie was similarly soft for their second, and I'm sure words will be said this week. Our counter-attacking got us out of said shit, but that won't always happen. Not trying to pour cold water on a stirring performance and a deserved, if somewhat fortuitous, win, but we remain a both skilled and shaky work in progress.

Think you are being incredibly harsh there matey. Yes those two goals were soft, especially the seco D, but that win was hard fought and hardly "fortuitous...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dozzell on 08:13 - Aug 29 with 2941 viewsngbqpr

As mentioned in the match report thread - Dozzell’s chipped pass to start the move for the second goal was a thing of beauty, and not a pass many players would have seen / attempted.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Dozzell on 09:17 - Aug 29 with 2810 viewsCamberleyR

Dozzell on 23:39 - Aug 28 by MrSheen

He reminds me of Simon Osborn. Great ability but clearly not an all rounder. You can choose to get on his back for the things he doesn’t do well, or try to accommodate him so he can give his best while others do things he can’t. In the end results determine how patient the coaches are, of course. Osborn was burned in a failing team, hoping for better this time.

Osborn's a good comparison or perhaps Mike Fillery to a lesser extent?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell on 09:18 - Aug 29 with 2808 viewsSuffolk

Dozzell on 02:51 - Aug 29 by stainrods_elbow

I also thought Laird was at fault for the first goal. Having chased Sema? down and driven him wide he should have stayed with him instead of dropping off and leaving him to have an unchallenged shot at goal. Otherwise an excellent performance by Laird.
Dozzell on 09:22 - Aug 29 with 2799 viewsNorthernr

Dozzell on 09:18 - Aug 29 by Suffolk

I also thought Laird was at fault for the first goal. Having chased Sema? down and driven him wide he should have stayed with him instead of dropping off and leaving him to have an unchallenged shot at goal. Otherwise an excellent performance by Laird.

The way he stops I think he thinks it's been whistle for handball.
Dozzell on 09:44 - Aug 29 with 2760 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dozzell on 09:17 - Aug 29 by CamberleyR

Woah! Wasn't expecting a Fillery reference. I've just had my breakfast as well!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozzell on 13:15 - Aug 29 with 2548 viewshopekillsyou

Dozzell on 09:17 - Aug 29 by CamberleyR

Praise indeed. Yes he does remind me a trifle of the great Mike Fillery…more Fillery than Osborn.
Dozzell on 13:40 - Aug 29 with 2515 viewssimmo

Always seems to play scared, which is why he's so frustrating because he's got bundles of talent - he just needs to impose himself on games.

Was very good on Saturday, wanting the ball and being the option, he even won some 50/50s! More of that kind of application and we're good

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024