Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump finished? 20:47 - Nov 9 with 7172 viewsSandanista

No ‘red wave’ and poor performance from Trump-endorsed candidates in the mid-terms. Will the GOP ditch him in favour of the younger and popular conservative Ron De Santis?
Trump finished? on 21:16 - Nov 12 with 924 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Trump finished? on 20:04 - Nov 12 by Sandanista

Tummer- Abbot have any presidential ambitions or happy as Tx Governor?

I haven't heard of any ambitions by Abbot.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Trump finished? on 21:38 - Nov 12 with 915 viewsBadgeman

Trump finished? on 21:15 - Nov 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Oh really?

Then it should be easy for you to give us an example of Trump proving himself to be a white supremacist.

Donald Trump yeah? The guy who kick started his political career by pushing the racist lie about Barack Obama being born in Kenya? The guy who hired white supremacists like Stephen Miller and Sebastian Gorka to work in his White House? That guy? Lol.

Not even challenging the assessment that he’s a total loser? Must be difficult not knowing what to parrot now the right wing media are turning on him.

[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 21:38]

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Trump finished? on 08:43 - Nov 13 with 840 viewsGwyn737

Trump finished? on 15:33 - Nov 12 by majorraglan

Apparently his announcement is defo going ahead. Trump may still be popular with a cohort of the Republican base, but it appears the Republicans have under performed against their expectations and Trump is copping some of the flack. Could be interesting if this turns in to a DeSantis v Trump race, it could get quite nasty.

The question is would DeSantis be prepared to put his aspirations on hold for Trump to go again? If DeSantis was say, offered the VP ticket to Trump, if Trumps residency went Pete Tong then DeSantis could easily be tarred with the negativity and finished. Alternatively, Trump presidency could go well and DeSantis could be a shoe in. That said, Biden is not getting great reviews and DeSantis may see this as his best chance.

Edit -typo
[Post edited 12 Nov 2022 16:36]

I’m really not sure about whether he’ll run and if he does what the impact will be.

It’s certainly naive to suggest that the fracturing of current US politics is purely down to Trump. The current voting looks like abortion has been the biggest factor with young people and particularly young women voting in their droves.

It religion isn’t it? I appreciate views are personal but for me looking at Qatar and being disgusted at their conduct (some of which can be attributed to religion) has parallels with what’s been going on in the US with the Roe judgment.
Trump finished? on 09:21 - Nov 13 with 824 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 08:43 - Nov 13 by Gwyn737

I’m really not sure about whether he’ll run and if he does what the impact will be.

It’s certainly naive to suggest that the fracturing of current US politics is purely down to Trump. The current voting looks like abortion has been the biggest factor with young people and particularly young women voting in their droves.

It religion isn’t it? I appreciate views are personal but for me looking at Qatar and being disgusted at their conduct (some of which can be attributed to religion) has parallels with what’s been going on in the US with the Roe judgment.

The foundation of many of our laws are based on religion, so I wouldn’t make that point and automatically link it to being a bad thing. Many of our laws are based on the Judeo-Christian scriptures.

As for Roe vs Wade, it was unconstitutional, even RBG made that point. What the court did was quite rightly put it back in the hands of the people who now get a say on the issue in their own States, that’s democracy. It’s nothing like Qatar.

Where are you seeing these droves of young female democrat voters? Ignore the media, look at the results. It’s a 13 seat swing in the house towards the GOP and a cigarette paper between them in the Senate which only flipped 1 seat.

It’s pretty much as you were in the Senate, but only half the seats were up for voting. In the house where most of America gets to vote, it was a pretty clear GOP tidal wave.

Official Intellectual Property of Dr P. Registered Trademark.

Trump finished? on 09:28 - Nov 13 with 820 viewsBest_loser

Two of the biggest trumpers on here who have disappeared for some reason assured us the dems would lose the house and Senate by huge amounts as usual they got it all wrong , the maga cult within the republican party have suffered a big setback , what will trump do if he doesn't get the nomination, hopefully he runs as an independent in 2024 and splits the vote
Trump finished? on 09:59 - Nov 13 with 797 viewsGwyn737

Trump finished? on 09:21 - Nov 13 by mart66

The foundation of many of our laws are based on religion, so I wouldn’t make that point and automatically link it to being a bad thing. Many of our laws are based on the Judeo-Christian scriptures.

As for Roe vs Wade, it was unconstitutional, even RBG made that point. What the court did was quite rightly put it back in the hands of the people who now get a say on the issue in their own States, that’s democracy. It’s nothing like Qatar.

Where are you seeing these droves of young female democrat voters? Ignore the media, look at the results. It’s a 13 seat swing in the house towards the GOP and a cigarette paper between them in the Senate which only flipped 1 seat.

It’s pretty much as you were in the Senate, but only half the seats were up for voting. In the house where most of America gets to vote, it was a pretty clear GOP tidal wave.

Best performance by a ruling party for 20 years in the midterms when traditionally they’re given a spanking. Previous elections must have been bigger tidal waves?

I’d be interested to know where you got the red tidal wave from? Even the most faithful GOP outlets have said it’d been a bit disappointing.

Edit: just checked Trump’s figures in 2018 - he lost 41 seats in the house compared to 7 for the Democrats this time around, and he gained 2 in the Senate which may well be replicated this time around.

Sounds more like a ripple than a tidal wave.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 10:09]
Trump finished? on 10:00 - Nov 13 with 796 viewsBadgeman

Trump finished? on 09:21 - Nov 13 by mart66

A democrat controlled Senate and a razor thin GOP majority in the house is the red wave you’ve all been hyping up for weeks is it? 🤣 ok then…

Trump finished? on 10:18 - Nov 13 with 783 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 09:59 - Nov 13 by Gwyn737

Best performance by a ruling party for 20 years in the midterms when traditionally they’re given a spanking. Previous elections must have been bigger tidal waves?

I’d be interested to know where you got the red tidal wave from? Even the most faithful GOP outlets have said it’d been a bit disappointing.

Edit: just checked Trump’s figures in 2018 - he lost 41 seats in the house compared to 7 for the Democrats this time around, and he gained 2 in the Senate which may well be replicated this time around.

Sounds more like a ripple than a tidal wave.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 10:09]

Look at the map I provided. It’s a 13 seat swing, that’s a landslide.

The House map of the States is essentially all red, could barely be more of a GOP tidalwave. Remember the house vote was the only one of the two where most people in the country could participate in, it’s far more telling than the Senate vote where half of the States didn’t even participate and many of them Democrat states anyway.

In 2016 it was a 12 seat swing to the Dems and it was seen as a convincing win. This was an even bigger margin than that.

Where are you seeing the data of droves of young women voting for the Democrats? Sounds like a media narrative to me.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump finished? on 10:33 - Nov 13 with 767 viewsGwyn737

Trump finished? on 10:18 - Nov 13 by mart66

Look at the map I provided. It’s a 13 seat swing, that’s a landslide.

The House map of the States is essentially all red, could barely be more of a GOP tidalwave. Remember the house vote was the only one of the two where most people in the country could participate in, it’s far more telling than the Senate vote where half of the States didn’t even participate and many of them Democrat states anyway.

In 2016 it was a 12 seat swing to the Dems and it was seen as a convincing win. This was an even bigger margin than that.

Where are you seeing the data of droves of young women voting for the Democrats? Sounds like a media narrative to me.

Tbf it may have been swept into the number of young voters who came out for the democrats. It’s been all over the Conservative media but I’ll wait for the breakdown of voters before fully confirming.

If you’re describing a 13 seat swing in the 2022 midterms as a tidal wave, how would you describe the 83 seat swing in the last midterms in 2018?
Trump finished? on 10:56 - Nov 13 with 764 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 10:33 - Nov 13 by Gwyn737

Tbf it may have been swept into the number of young voters who came out for the democrats. It’s been all over the Conservative media but I’ll wait for the breakdown of voters before fully confirming.

If you’re describing a 13 seat swing in the 2022 midterms as a tidal wave, how would you describe the 83 seat swing in the last midterms in 2018?

I’d call it a product of a freak political landscape at the time, rarely seen in most people’s lifetimes and may never see the like of again. Was hardly the norm was it.

I think most fair minded people, regardless of political persuasion, now look back at those 4 years as hugely problematical when it came to media interference, actual democracy and election meddling via big tech/social media platforms. While it may have been convenient to them at the time, I fully believe deep down that the sensible on this planet see that as a huge danger to society and democracy, it may not always be as convenient and next time could well be on the receiving end of such Chinese communist type environments.

Those 4 years are the reason Elon Musk now owns Twitter, the largest political town hall on the planet and biggest societal ownership shift in our lifetimes. It was bordering on criminal.

You have to remember, this was off the back of “insurrection”, “he stole papers”, “BLM”, “social justice” and all the narratives that the media tried to stoke up. Yet there was still a 13 seat swing in the opposite direction.

Since Biden has been in charge the media have largely coddled him despite absolute calamities on a scale I can’t remember seeing before in any Western country. This appears to be the first time since 2016 where media had limited influence as people have lost trust in them, social media was unable to push any narrative and people were largely free to make their own informed choice.

As I said, in 2016 it was a 12 seat swing which the Dems were celebrating as a massive result, this is even larger despite what many in the media appear to be trying to claim. The Republicans have shortened for next election since the mid term results have become apparent.

Trump finished? on 11:06 - Nov 13 with 754 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Trump finished? on 19:43 - Nov 12 by Sandanista

You miss the point. The media that supported him, has turned. He will be gone or he will kill the GOP. Try reading some journalism with political insight from across a spectrum. Not MAGA internet sources. Do you actually have any experience of the US? Have you ever been?

I listed where those sources came from, how many were right wing?
The only media to support him were 2 Murdoch owned papers and yes they have turned in favour of the flavour of the day Desantis.
Anyone would think you have never heard of "never trumpers" and
"anybody but Trump".
Just like you appear to be ignorant of RINOs who are very happy to have Democrats in power as long as it is not Trump.
Trump finished? on 11:13 - Nov 13 with 747 viewsGwyn737

Trump finished? on 10:56 - Nov 13 by mart66

I’d call it a product of a freak political landscape at the time, rarely seen in most people’s lifetimes and may never see the like of again. Was hardly the norm was it.

I think most fair minded people, regardless of political persuasion, now look back at those 4 years as hugely problematical when it came to media interference, actual democracy and election meddling via big tech/social media platforms. While it may have been convenient to them at the time, I fully believe deep down that the sensible on this planet see that as a huge danger to society and democracy, it may not always be as convenient and next time could well be on the receiving end of such Chinese communist type environments.

Those 4 years are the reason Elon Musk now owns Twitter, the largest political town hall on the planet and biggest societal ownership shift in our lifetimes. It was bordering on criminal.

You have to remember, this was off the back of “insurrection”, “he stole papers”, “BLM”, “social justice” and all the narratives that the media tried to stoke up. Yet there was still a 13 seat swing in the opposite direction.

Since Biden has been in charge the media have largely coddled him despite absolute calamities on a scale I can’t remember seeing before in any Western country. This appears to be the first time since 2016 where media had limited influence as people have lost trust in them, social media was unable to push any narrative and people were largely free to make their own informed choice.

As I said, in 2016 it was a 12 seat swing which the Dems were celebrating as a massive result, this is even larger despite what many in the media appear to be trying to claim. The Republicans have shortened for next election since the mid term results have become apparent.

Not really a freak. Both Obama and Clinton performed more poorly very recently.

Why do you keep using 2016 as a comparison? It was a presidential election not midterms.

There’s no comparison.
Trump finished? on 11:19 - Nov 13 with 743 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 11:13 - Nov 13 by Gwyn737

Not really a freak. Both Obama and Clinton performed more poorly very recently.

Why do you keep using 2016 as a comparison? It was a presidential election not midterms.

There’s no comparison.

The house is voted for every 2 years, it being in the middle or the end of a term makes no tangible difference to anything we are discussing.

2016 is the most recent house vote not corrupted by the circus we have seen since that date where the Dems, the associated media and tech companies had the meltdown of all meltdowns and did their best to coerce the populace with tactics usually seen in dodgy Eastern Europe or China.

I would say this is the most “real” outcome since 2016 where opinions and votes haven’t been swayed en masse. The cliff-dive plummet in the CNN viewership will tell you that.

Trump finished? on 11:25 - Nov 13 with 737 viewsGwyn737

Trump finished? on 11:19 - Nov 13 by mart66

The house is voted for every 2 years, it being in the middle or the end of a term makes no tangible difference to anything we are discussing.

2016 is the most recent house vote not corrupted by the circus we have seen since that date where the Dems, the associated media and tech companies had the meltdown of all meltdowns and did their best to coerce the populace with tactics usually seen in dodgy Eastern Europe or China.

I would say this is the most “real” outcome since 2016 where opinions and votes haven’t been swayed en masse. The cliff-dive plummet in the CNN viewership will tell you that.

Oh don’t get me wrong, CNN and the like are not representative of a proper news channel.

But when you’ve got Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson being openly disappointed, I don’t know where you’ve got your tidal wave from.

Anyway, good discussion 👍
Trump finished? on 11:36 - Nov 13 with 732 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 11:25 - Nov 13 by Gwyn737

Oh don’t get me wrong, CNN and the like are not representative of a proper news channel.

But when you’ve got Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson being openly disappointed, I don’t know where you’ve got your tidal wave from.

They can be disappointed in certain aspects without the result actually being disappointing though. It depends what you are looking at and what you are wanting, not to mention it’s actual relevance.

Most GOP members simply want a voice in the house or senate (either is as good as the other) and a better chance of election in the next Presidential election.

The House has realistically been won at a canter by the GOP, the Senate was kept the same (by a gnats scrotal sack) and the GOP are now shorter for the next presidency than they were before them. I guess they are disappointed that they didn’t flip even more seats, but it’s hardly a disappointing overall scenario.

Trump finished? on 12:05 - Nov 13 with 718 viewsBadgeman

Trump finished? on 11:25 - Nov 13 by Gwyn737

Aye good discussion with someone operating in an alternating reality where the Red Wave actually happened 🤣🤣🤣

Trump finished? on 12:07 - Nov 13 with 717 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 12:05 - Nov 13 by Badgeman

Aye good discussion with someone operating in an alternating reality where the Red Wave actually happened 🤣🤣🤣

Acey, away from the radical leftist media you consume. The result is a 13 seat swing to the GOP and an increase in probability of a Republican government in 2024.

It’s as wave like as it needed to be.

Trump finished? on 12:10 - Nov 13 with 715 viewsBadgeman

Trump finished? on 12:07 - Nov 13 by mart66

Acey, away from the radical leftist media you consume. The result is a 13 seat swing to the GOP and an increase in probability of a Republican government in 2024.

It’s as wave like as it needed to be.

You’ve already talked yourself down to “It’s as wave like as it needed to be” lol. Don’t mention the Senate 😉

Trump finished? on 12:12 - Nov 13 with 713 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 12:10 - Nov 13 by Badgeman

You’ve already talked yourself down to “It’s as wave like as it needed to be” lol. Don’t mention the Senate 😉

No Acey, it was a tidal wave. Look at the sea of red it left behind, I provided the map for you.

You are saying “it could have been redder” essentially. It doesn’t need to be, the wave is big enough to do what it was intended which was gain power in the lower or upper chamber and increase the chances of the next Presidency.

Trump finished? on 12:20 - Nov 13 with 703 viewsBadgeman

Trump finished? on 12:12 - Nov 13 by mart66

No Acey, it was a tidal wave. Look at the sea of red it left behind, I provided the map for you.

You are saying “it could have been redder” essentially. It doesn’t need to be, the wave is big enough to do what it was intended which was gain power in the lower or upper chamber and increase the chances of the next Presidency.

We had weeks of this red wave talk and now it turns out what you actually meant was a narrow GOP majority in the house and a possible increased majority for Dems in the Senate.

Republicans obviously would’ve liked to win the senate, and still might if the win Nevada and the Georgia Run-Off. Would it kill you to just say “we didn’t do as well as we’d hoped?” Why have you got to carve out a nice little reality where you’re right and everyone else is wrong?

Trump finished? on 12:28 - Nov 13 with 696 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 12:20 - Nov 13 by Badgeman

We had weeks of this red wave talk and now it turns out what you actually meant was a narrow GOP majority in the house and a possible increased majority for Dems in the Senate.

Republicans obviously would’ve liked to win the senate, and still might if the win Nevada and the Georgia Run-Off. Would it kill you to just say “we didn’t do as well as we’d hoped?” Why have you got to carve out a nice little reality where you’re right and everyone else is wrong?

I’m sure Man City would love to win every game 10-0. But winning 5-0 is more than suffice.

The goal of the mid terms was to gain seats and control a chamber, preferably both sure, but one is perfectly on track for the aim, and get the groundswell of support trending for 2024.

That’s exactly what happened. A 13 seat swing to all but own the House and a clear shift towards the GOP for 2024.

If this was the other way around you would be shouting it from the rooftops, can you imagine if there was a 13 seat swing to the Dems in the House and a 1 seat victory for the GOP in the Senate and a shift towards Dems in 2024.

The media would have self combusted with excitement. As it is they are doing their very best to convince people their house isn’t ablaze as everyone is in fine hands with Biden and Kamala.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2022 12:29]

Trump finished? on 13:08 - Nov 13 with 659 viewsSandanista

Trump finished? on 10:00 - Nov 13 by Badgeman

A democrat controlled Senate and a razor thin GOP majority in the house is the red wave you’ve all been hyping up for weeks is it? 🤣 ok then…

Land does not vote. That map is misleading. The blue are the population centres. The areas that subsidise the red rural ones via federal taxation. Not completely Texas and Florida buck that trend.

That’s not a landslide. If anything the likelihood the senate is likely to go 51:49 shows a rejection of MAGA -type candidates. The expectation was 50 seat house gains, perhaps taking senate control -but arguably too few competitive races on this cycle (they are four years not two and split between Presidential and mid-term years. Even the gubnetorial taxes have been less successful than hoped. Important as to stop voter suppression by GOP as has happened in Florida.

Ultimately the finger will point at Trump and already there are murmurs of conflict over choice of House Speaker.
Trump finished? on 13:25 - Nov 13 with 651 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 13:08 - Nov 13 by Sandanista

Land does not vote. That map is misleading. The blue are the population centres. The areas that subsidise the red rural ones via federal taxation. Not completely Texas and Florida buck that trend.

That’s not a landslide. If anything the likelihood the senate is likely to go 51:49 shows a rejection of MAGA -type candidates. The expectation was 50 seat house gains, perhaps taking senate control -but arguably too few competitive races on this cycle (they are four years not two and split between Presidential and mid-term years. Even the gubnetorial taxes have been less successful than hoped. Important as to stop voter suppression by GOP as has happened in Florida.

Ultimately the finger will point at Trump and already there are murmurs of conflict over choice of House Speaker.

Im pretty sure the leftists at Google aren’t trying to convince anyone that land is voting, it’s a standard map to show the winning jurisdictions that is used every single time in exactly the same way, regardless of result.

Who on earth was expecting a 50 seat victory? I don’t think I’ve read or heard anyone claiming such a ludicrous margin of victory, on either side. At the moment it feels like Cardiff telling us we must be gutted as we only won 3-0 because someone said they wanted to win 5-0.

Trump finished? on 14:05 - Nov 13 with 634 viewsSandanista

Trump finished? on 13:25 - Nov 13 by mart66

Im pretty sure the leftists at Google aren’t trying to convince anyone that land is voting, it’s a standard map to show the winning jurisdictions that is used every single time in exactly the same way, regardless of result.

Who on earth was expecting a 50 seat victory? I don’t think I’ve read or heard anyone claiming such a ludicrous margin of victory, on either side. At the moment it feels like Cardiff telling us we must be gutted as we only won 3-0 because someone said they wanted to win 5-0.

Yet that’s exactly what you tried to do. Not everyone is gullible
Trump finished? on 14:14 - Nov 13 with 627 viewsmart66

Trump finished? on 14:05 - Nov 13 by Sandanista

Yet that’s exactly what you tried to do. Not everyone is gullible

I tried to do what?

Claim a 50 seat victory or tell everyone that land casts a vote?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024