Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? 17:17 - Jan 14 with 11258 viewsToast_R

Seem a bit precious to me, the owner is clearly an idiot but he has spent money, they have a state of the art stadium being built and on schedule but like what happens to a lot of clubs from time to time, their team is sh*t because they've made some terrible transfer decisions over the past 6 years which is finally catching up with them.

I think a dose of Championship football next season will be a reality check for them. Could well end up being the next Leeds United though.

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 13:52 - Jan 16 with 2946 viewsterryb

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 13:37 - Jan 16 by Juzzie

That second link is very much in the “he’s taken us as far as he can go - klaxon” mould. As if there was someone else readily available to take us to the next level with a club in an ageing stadium, no training facilities of any note, youth/academy status not sufficient and more money being spent than can be accounted for.

It feels to me that people genuinely believe success is so easy to get, click fingers and it’s done. That easy. I’d like to see the people who think it’s just that easy to actually try themselves but they won’t because they know they can’t (financially or otherwise) so it’s easy to hide behind social media making all sorts of impossible demands and getting the hump about it all.

I think it’s ‘easier’ to take clubs like Leicester, Brighton, Brentford and make something of it than to do it with Everton. They would have needed an Abromavich or Sheikh Mansour to turn the club to that kind of level that Chelsea and City got to.

I didn't remember that Antti & Gazza were clashing as far back as 2012!
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 14:13 - Jan 16 with 2906 viewsLongsufferingR

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 13:52 - Jan 16 by terryb

I didn't remember that Antti & Gazza were clashing as far back as 2012!

That's nothing. Israel and Gazza have been at loggerheads since 1948.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 14:15 - Jan 16 with 2893 viewsR_from_afar

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 12:13 - Jan 15 by Northernr

Got what they wanted didn't they? Moyes and Kenwright had them comfortable midtable Premier League, but never beat Liverpool and only got to an occasional cup final the poor loves so they'd "TAKEN US AS FAR AS THEY CAN KLAXON" and it needed somebody to be able to "TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL KLAXON" by paying Idrissa Gueye £200k a week.

Everton are another club which performed the Green/Cesar manoeuvre:

9th July 2017: They agree to buy Wayne Rooney, a number 10

16th August 2017: They splurge a club record £40m (plus £5m of potential add-ons) on Gylfi Sigurdsson, also a number 10

The moment they did that, I thought hello, something's not right there.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 14:18 - Jan 16 with 2872 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 14:13 - Jan 16 by LongsufferingR

That's nothing. Israel and Gazza have been at loggerheads since 1948.

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:33 - Jan 16 with 2774 viewskensalriser

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 21:10 - Jan 15 by paulparker

Kevin Campbell giving his thoughts on the current situation at Everton while simultaneously dressing like a reclusive mathematician at Yale whose new theory makes everyone question their previous thoughts on the Big Bang AND someone giving an old lady a valuation of a painting she found in her loft that could possibly be a genuine Turner, or something.

That's right up there with the tale of The Night of The Pet Shop Boys.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:38 - Jan 16 with 2757 viewsBluce_Ree

Odd that people are surprised by the death threats. I mean, for the city's football supporters that's very on brand.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 16:13 - Jan 16 with 2675 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:38 - Jan 16 by Bluce_Ree

Odd that people are surprised by the death threats. I mean, for the city's football supporters that's very on brand.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/football-hooligan-who-stabbe
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 18:26 - Jan 16 with 2516 viewsLordPork

So the question is, do Evertonians have a genuine gripe......

I guess it depends on what you subscribe to, if you believe we're all one football family you can see their point.

On the other hand you get what you deserve and they've not been happy for most of my lifetime. Harry Catterick was to my mind a miserable leader and matched the then owners, part owners too of a well known ( at the time ) Pools Company.

In more recent times they've annually asked for Duncan Ferguson to be put in charge of team affairs as they've changed managers pretty much every season. I seem to recall that even under Moyes when they were stable they were still moaning.

In short to my knowledge they've been griping for the best part of 50 years. The only difference is this time around they really do have something to gripe about.

The common denominator appears to be Kenwright who always pleads common sense and a reasonable approach and a good footballing knowledge. Fact is whoever's been the owner in recent years he's been there and it's on his watch that they've appointed Benitez, spent billions on crap and moved no further forward than also rans and perennial relegation flirters....

sod em, they deserve a dose of Division 1 - it'll be a good watch seeing that huge stadium with no bugger in it..... having said that, just watch the media all over them at every opportunity be it FA Cup draw or transfers.
Login to get fewer ads

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 19:33 - Jan 16 with 2447 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great team in the mid 1980s with Howard Kendall at the helm and gave Liverpool a run for their money for a couple of seasons, unlucky that Heysel disaster and ban on English teams in Europe put paid to them having a crack at the European Cup, after they won league and European Cup winners cup in 1985 but it has all been a bit mid table since and they look to finally be in the mess this time, most likely escape the drop though.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 19:40 - Jan 16 with 2421 viewsCheshireR

I can't believe we have reached the third page of this thread without any mention of Kia Joorabchin.
Naive new owners with money - haven't we seen this story before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thisisfutbol.com/2022/01/blogs/premier-league/evert
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 20:31 - Jan 16 with 2347 viewsCamberleyR

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 18:26 - Jan 16 by LordPork

So the question is, do Evertonians have a genuine gripe......

I guess it depends on what you subscribe to, if you believe we're all one football family you can see their point.

On the other hand you get what you deserve and they've not been happy for most of my lifetime. Harry Catterick was to my mind a miserable leader and matched the then owners, part owners too of a well known ( at the time ) Pools Company.

In more recent times they've annually asked for Duncan Ferguson to be put in charge of team affairs as they've changed managers pretty much every season. I seem to recall that even under Moyes when they were stable they were still moaning.

In short to my knowledge they've been griping for the best part of 50 years. The only difference is this time around they really do have something to gripe about.

The common denominator appears to be Kenwright who always pleads common sense and a reasonable approach and a good footballing knowledge. Fact is whoever's been the owner in recent years he's been there and it's on his watch that they've appointed Benitez, spent billions on crap and moved no further forward than also rans and perennial relegation flirters....

sod em, they deserve a dose of Division 1 - it'll be a good watch seeing that huge stadium with no bugger in it..... having said that, just watch the media all over them at every opportunity be it FA Cup draw or transfers.

If they do go down certainly expect to see Sky Sports Everton on Sky's Championship coverage.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 00:30 - Jan 17 with 2226 viewsDannyPaddox

My favourite episode of Antiques Roadshow was a special edition from Malta. Dozens of people tuned up to get a quote on their ‘original’ Stradivarius violins expecting them to be valued in the tens maybe hundreds of thousands. “It’s been in the family for generations - look here it says Made in Czechoslovakia by Antonio Stradivari” Kevin, or whoever else it was on the Roadshow team would then inform them Antonio Stradivari died in 1737. Czechoslovakia wasn’t created until 1918. Someone had visited Malta in the 1930s and sold a load of moody violins. The reactions were a mixture of shock and disbelief. The owners were gutted. They’d literally been fiddled. Fkin hilarious.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 01:44 - Jan 17 with 2199 viewsSydneyRs

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 19:33 - Jan 16 by NorthantsHoop

Great team in the mid 1980s with Howard Kendall at the helm and gave Liverpool a run for their money for a couple of seasons, unlucky that Heysel disaster and ban on English teams in Europe put paid to them having a crack at the European Cup, after they won league and European Cup winners cup in 1985 but it has all been a bit mid table since and they look to finally be in the mess this time, most likely escape the drop though.

One of my favourite QPR memories was when that Everton team came to LR as champions I think on the opening day of the season and we beat them 3-0.

We were in the director's box, as my mate's dad who used to drive us to games worked for a company that filmed QPR games for the club and sometimes got free tickets there. Kevin Sheedy and John Bailey were sitting behind me and Trevor Brooking and the radio commentary team next to me.

I really liked that Everton team for a number of reasons, not least the fact I was so sick of Liverpool winning all the time.

One season when they won the league it was them and Spurs leading the title race and there was a game at White Hart Lane near the end of the season that was basically a title decider. I went with a Spurs mate. over 50,000 there and a cracking atmosphere. Everton won 2-1 surviving a late Spurs onslaught and Neville Southall made the best save I've ever seen at a game right in front of us. I still don't know how he kept it out!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 1:48]
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:14 - Jan 17 with 2027 viewsCamberleyR

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 11:55 - Jan 16 by robith

I don't really get why they're giving a manger with a 25% win rate a free pass

Absolutely. It's a mediocre squad they have but a competent manager would have them higher up the table. They've lost more than 50% of the games he's managed them in. I'm amazed the Everton fans can't see through FF.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:25 - Jan 17 with 2009 viewsNorthernr

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 20:31 - Jan 16 by CamberleyR

If they do go down certainly expect to see Sky Sports Everton on Sky's Championship coverage.

Reckon it could break the Newcastle record for televised games.
35/46 my prediction.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:35 - Jan 17 with 1987 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:14 - Jan 17 by CamberleyR

Absolutely. It's a mediocre squad they have but a competent manager would have them higher up the table. They've lost more than 50% of the games he's managed them in. I'm amazed the Everton fans can't see through FF.

Or around him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 19:03 - Jan 17 with 1778 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Another cracker (get it).

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 22:37 - Jan 25 with 1518 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 19:03 - Jan 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Another cracker (get it).

Carra gets it.

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 14:11 - Jan 26 with 1217 viewsstanistheman

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 09:26 - Jan 16 by TheChef

Looking back I still find it odd we were calling for Warnock's head. We'd had an OK start to life back in the Prem, beat Chelsea, a couple of useful away wins, but not easy unsurprisingly. We weren't even in the bottom three! And we'd just secured a Cup 3rd round replay!!

We must have been mad.

I thought he was unlucky to get sacked when he did, but must admit was getting a bit fed up though with Warnock’s post match interviews in which he came across as just happy being in the Premiership again. If only Fernandes had given him another week or two.

However, back to Everton it’s a bit rich Carragher complaining about the close relationship between the owner and the agent. The latter is not responsible for the revolving door policy of players and managers.

Imo they need to get rid of Graeme Sharp as DoF or whatever role he has as clearly things aren’t going well with his decisions or actions.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 14:51 - Jan 26 with 1162 viewsdaveB

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 19:40 - Jan 16 by CheshireR

I can't believe we have reached the third page of this thread without any mention of Kia Joorabchin.
Naive new owners with money - haven't we seen this story before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thisisfutbol.com/2022/01/blogs/premier-league/evert

It's a replica of what happened to us, same agent as well.

Well meaning owners listening to crooks
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 14:54 - Jan 26 with 1160 viewsdaveB

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 14:11 - Jan 26 by stanistheman

I thought he was unlucky to get sacked when he did, but must admit was getting a bit fed up though with Warnock’s post match interviews in which he came across as just happy being in the Premiership again. If only Fernandes had given him another week or two.

However, back to Everton it’s a bit rich Carragher complaining about the close relationship between the owner and the agent. The latter is not responsible for the revolving door policy of players and managers.

Imo they need to get rid of Graeme Sharp as DoF or whatever role he has as clearly things aren’t going well with his decisions or actions.

Sharp is just a director, the DOF at Everton is Kevin Thelwell
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:42 - Jan 26 with 1108 viewsTomS

Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 15:25 - Jan 17 by Northernr

Reckon it could break the Newcastle record for televised games.
35/46 my prediction.

And about three home matches across the season kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday.
Everton Fans - Where do you stand on their gripe? on 08:52 - Feb 1 with 927 viewsToast_R

This needs to be played the next time Everton face Newcastle
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 8:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024