Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley out 17:08 - Jan 28 with 22793 viewsdamienhoops68

Get this manager out not got a clue. We will be in relagation battle in a couple of weeks.
Critchley out on 02:02 - Jan 29 with 2106 viewsstainrods_elbow

Critchley out on 00:24 - Jan 29 by swisscottage

No I'm not happy with the current situation, but I blame the players and not the owners, or the management. But feeling that we as fans and the club have a right or expectation for other people to throw away 12 million a year isn't right either. It's that sense of entitlement that really makes me squirm.

These are players that three months ago people were feeling rosy about, and now they phone it in 2 games in 5.

Wanting to get the current owners out and get another set of billionaires in is not realistic, and won't guarantee success with FFP.

Without that money this club with the level of support it brings would be positioned as yoyo club between the championship and League 1. With that support it puts us mid-table championship .. getting above that is punching above our weight.

To hope for better than that is the lot of a football fan.

To expect better than that is unrealistic.

The best we can expect is the odd push where the stars align, and we have a good season without Afcon and with relatively few injuries as we do not have the finances to support the squad depth needed to take us deep without that luck. Squad depth and competition for places keeps players honest, we have neither, and that's not necessarily something to be blamed on Les, Lee, Ruben, or Tony, that's just the reality of our financial position and FFP.

The only way to improve on that is to become a farm. It takes over ten years to put an academy system in place before you will genuinely start seeing any results from it. The current Under 18 crop is the first crop that has been all the way through he academy system I think.. that's the crop to start judging on in the next two to three years.

And unfortunately the whole business case for that farm has taken a big hit with the bottom falling out of the mid-level championship market due to COVID.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 0:30]

I didn't see a lack of 'honesty' from Hull or Fleetwood, to pick just two clubs from our current trough, did you? The latter have a squad of 27, inc. three loans, and, just for the record, 7 (SEVEN) strikers. And if memory serves, they play one division lower, with even more meagre resources than our reportedly perpetually cash-strapped selves.

The kinds of things Critchley was spitting feathers over in his post-match interview (heart, desire, will, commitment to the cause) have little or nothing to do with the feeble fig-leaf of FFP, as I'm sure the manager would also agree. A step in the right direction would be one or two of the more intelligent posters here dehypnotising themselves about it and stop colluding with those people in the club - we all know who they are, whether it's admitted or not - who use the budget as a tedious means of managing down expectations and protecting their positions. The above intangibles aren't things you buy --- they're instilled by good coaching working with authentic footballers.

As for the Academy, it's been running nearly a decade now under Ramsey's supervision, and I'm fairly sure it didn't just spring into being with his arrival, but that's onl;y one factor. Literally everyone at the club needs to be subject to a performance review right now, but the likes of LH, LF and CR are so cosily ensconced it's as embarrassing to us (or me at least) as it clearly isn't to them.

Critchley's reference to the saying 'the people change, or you change the people' speaks volumes right now. But will he get the opportunity to swing the axe? You may not be able to please all of the people all of the time, but a lot of our people please me next to none of it.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Critchley out on 06:27 - Jan 29 with 1976 viewsLblock

It shocks me the level of unswerving support and slack some people are still willing to give the hierarchy at this club.

You are like a bunch of bluebottles slamming into the glass of a window on a summers day -- when will you realise that to keep repeating the same mistake is madness?!
The level of ability at the top of this club is on the record over the last decade to 15 years - even when once in a generation opportunities come along TWICE they did exactly the same as what failed before and set us back possibly beyond a position we can come back from.

The reason they are writing cheques for a £2mill loss a month is due to them!
The training ground? Fantastic but how many mistakes did they make on that journey - even a fool such as I could see they were making fundamental errors and I'd estimate they set fire to about £2mill before the current site was nabbed and a shovel put in the ground. (Never did get to eat my hat)
So we'll have some great pitches, a half decent building but have we got the PEOPLE to produce what we need? Even Bungle himself is on the record years ago as saying "Buildings don't produce good players; good coaches do" or something along those lines when he was flip-flopping around about Warren Farm etc.

Anyway... we are where we are and we're not alone.
I even heard Spurs fans singing "We want Levy out" the other week - imagine that!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Critchley out on 07:48 - Jan 29 with 1875 viewsBAWHoops

Critchley out on 06:27 - Jan 29 by Lblock

It shocks me the level of unswerving support and slack some people are still willing to give the hierarchy at this club.

You are like a bunch of bluebottles slamming into the glass of a window on a summers day -- when will you realise that to keep repeating the same mistake is madness?!
The level of ability at the top of this club is on the record over the last decade to 15 years - even when once in a generation opportunities come along TWICE they did exactly the same as what failed before and set us back possibly beyond a position we can come back from.

The training ground? Fantastic but how many mistakes did they make on that journey - even a fool such as I could see they were making fundamental errors and I'd estimate they set fire to about £2mill before the current site was nabbed and a shovel put in the ground. (Never did get to eat my hat)
So we'll have some great pitches, a half decent building but have we got the PEOPLE to produce what we need? Even Bungle himself is on the record years ago as saying "Buildings don't produce good players; good coaches do" or something along those lines when he was flip-flopping around about Warren Farm etc.

I even heard Spurs fans singing "We want Levy out" the other week - imagine that!!!

'The reason they are writing cheques for a £2mill loss a month is due to them!'

Key point right there! This mess is wholly of their making.
They had the golden goose. A Premier League club (twice!!) and stuffed it up.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Critchley out on 08:09 - Jan 29 with 1822 viewsAndybrat

I said on the other thread, the Board actually appointed the “right” person in Beale, I despise the man like everyone else but it was quickly spotted elsewhere he was the real deal. I acknowledge the run started while he was in charge but we were top of the league. The players obviously played for him as much as it seems they obviously aren’t for NC. We have to give him to the summer to give him the chance to build his own team or instil his vision into what we have. TBH don’t think we have a choice, Paul Hall in temporary charge, don’t think so
Critchley out on 08:29 - Jan 29 with 1741 viewsNorthantsHoop

Should have gone for Chris Wilder if his termination at Boro allowed on an interim appointment until end of the season. Pay him the money they had it from Beale compensation. He has credibility at this level, would have been option on both sides and at end of season review if he likes club gets us in play offs then he would probably stay. Afraid Critchley does not fit the job and he does not appear to have the personality to motivate this lot, talks too much about the training pitch rather than getting it right in the 90 mins of an actual match.
Critchley out on 08:39 - Jan 29 with 1671 viewsE15Hoop

Critchley out on 08:29 - Jan 29 by NorthantsHoop

Should have gone for Chris Wilder if his termination at Boro allowed on an interim appointment until end of the season. Pay him the money they had it from Beale compensation. He has credibility at this level, would have been option on both sides and at end of season review if he likes club gets us in play offs then he would probably stay. Afraid Critchley does not fit the job and he does not appear to have the personality to motivate this lot, talks too much about the training pitch rather than getting it right in the 90 mins of an actual match.

Why would Wilder be the answer? He had a dreasful run at Boro, which is why he got the sack. Just look at how they've shot up the table under Michael Carrick.
As has been debated on other threads, the players have a mentality issue which has been here for the past few seasons and is nothing new. Critchley should be applauded for identifying it and calling it out. It can only be fixed on the training ground and, in my view, with input from a top sports psychologist.
Critchley out on 08:47 - Jan 29 with 1615 viewsNortholt_Rs

Critchley out on 08:39 - Jan 29 by E15Hoop

Why would Wilder be the answer? He had a dreasful run at Boro, which is why he got the sack. Just look at how they've shot up the table under Michael Carrick.
As has been debated on other threads, the players have a mentality issue which has been here for the past few seasons and is nothing new. Critchley should be applauded for identifying it and calling it out. It can only be fixed on the training ground and, in my view, with input from a top sports psychologist.

Perhaps Les should’ve gone for Carrick… Critchley looks lost already.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Critchley out on 09:17 - Jan 29 with 1509 viewsozexile

Critchley out on 08:39 - Jan 29 by E15Hoop

I like your sentiment but no sports psychology will sort this out IMO. They're too comfortable. They don't want to do the hard yards they've never had to. Never had to clean boots, clean showers. Never been called out about their privileged lifestyles.
This is the generation that are all about how they feel. And if they don't feel it they don't do it.
I've been in dressing rooms where players have to be separated, players called out from their peers for lack of effort. Not here, not now.
We're stuck with it.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley out on 09:18 - Jan 29 with 1504 viewsE15Hoop

Critchley out on 08:47 - Jan 29 by Northolt_Rs

I don't think he's lost. I just think he's one of those guys who holds on to his anger until it becomes volcanic. I think the players will have experienced the volcanic outburst by now, so how they respond to it over the next few games will tell us a lot.
Critchley out on 09:20 - Jan 29 with 1495 viewsswisscottage

Critchley out on 07:48 - Jan 29 by BAWHoops

'The reason they are writing cheques for a £2mill loss a month is due to them!'

Key point right there! This mess is wholly of their making.
They had the golden goose. A Premier League club (twice!!) and stuffed it up.

disagree.

Yes they made mistakes in the beginning, and they've more than paid for it... to the tune of about £400million pounds.... at some point the whipping needs to stop.

You want them to go .. great ...then what? .. have you got the next billionaire owner lined up, because this club will not survive in the championship without someone bankrolling them to the tune of 12mill+ a year.

The simple fact of the matter is a club that averages 14k attendances with pretty much no non-matchday income is a bottom third championship club whatever way you want to spin it, and to break out of that means making money from transfers .. and the market has dropped out of that.

What do you propose constructively other than just sack Ferdinand and Hoos and for the owners to take a running jump, because all that is is a tantrum? And don't just say they need to do this and that without coming up with the how .

Ferdinand took up his role in 2014, 2015 is when the youth setup started to change, as I said before it takes 10 years for that to start bearing fruit from the u9s and u10s all the way through to the u21s and first team .. we are not quite there yet, and in the meantime they have relied on bringing in other young players at different age groups such as Eze, Willock, and Chair.

Don't get me wrong I think them removing Warburton because he was telling them what they didn't want to hear was the wrong thing, but once done, I believe that Beale was a good choice at the time on what was known, and I believe Critchley was a good choice when they made it. Under Critchley we have had more better games than bad ones, but the bad ones are so bad as to undermine the rest entirely.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 9:30]
Critchley out on 09:21 - Jan 29 with 1487 viewsdaveB

unless there is anyone else wanting to buy the club I'm not sure what calling for the owners to go achieves
Critchley out on 09:22 - Jan 29 with 1484 viewsE15Hoop

Critchley out on 09:17 - Jan 29 by ozexile

I like your sentiment but no sports psychology will sort this out IMO. They're too comfortable. They don't want to do the hard yards they've never had to. Never had to clean boots, clean showers. Never been called out about their privileged lifestyles.
This is the generation that are all about how they feel. And if they don't feel it they don't do it.
I've been in dressing rooms where players have to be separated, players called out from their peers for lack of effort. Not here, not now.
We're stuck with it.

Maybe that can be incorporated into the psycholgy programme, along with a compulsory element of having their pay withheld for two months whilst they do an unpaid stint as part of the QPR Community Trust programme, where they have to interview the survivors from Grenfell and do the food bank runs.
Critchley out on 09:23 - Jan 29 with 1480 viewsdaveB

Critchley out on 08:29 - Jan 29 by NorthantsHoop

The problems have been the same under 3 managers now so i'm not convinced the manager is the problem.

Having said that we all turned our noses up at Gareth Ainsworth again, still think he'd be a good manager for us
Critchley out on 09:23 - Jan 29 with 1479 viewsdistortR

Critchley out on 08:47 - Jan 29 by Northolt_Rs

I think our situation is pretty unique. The players totally bought into Beale (And a number were brought in by Beale), but the downturn started after the wolves business - despite his much derided statement of loyalty, hindsight suggests that they knew he was off. They then had a month of 'whats the point' under him. The performances at Brum and Cov were dire.
Allied to this, last seasons dramatic fall away shows how little fight this squad of players has got, how mentally weak they are. And the number of sicknotes we carry. To this, we added JCS, Roberts, Tim, Balogun. This is where we need to look at our DoF, his remit, etc
But, to say, at a club with our current status, to an aspirational, in demand, up-and-coming manager, 'you play the players we get for you', well, he's not coming, is he? And, of course, the limited pool of talent that we can choose from is affected by the manager we have. Are Paal and Laird coming here under a different manager? The reality is far more complex then we maybe allow.
Then we have the long-standing issue with our b-team, and the lack of players ready to push for places in our first team, which I think is our biggest (footballing) problem. There is just no pressure on under-performing first teamers. The investment in the new training facilities is significant and much needed, and will hopefully bring results, but I do wonder about the ability of those running the teams at these levels. I have said before, I would like to see a thorough, external audit of how the club is run on the footballing side. Yet in reality there is probably a continual, ongoing review process, you probably wouldn't announce it, and the results are, doing as well as can be expected with our facilities, our catchment area, our pull?
There is the need for a new stadium, in an area surrounded by other established football clubs, in an area where land is at a premium both in availability and cost, where planning is going to be contentious. While keeping the fans happy.
Really, for me to be lecturing the group of blokes who run QPR how to do their job would be beyond laughable. I'm a one man band with a berlingo with a blown head gasket, no spare tyre and a final demand on last years tax. Joker.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,Neil Critchley to blame?
Critchley out on 09:32 - Jan 29 with 1448 viewsozexile

Critchley out on 09:22 - Jan 29 by E15Hoop

Maybe that can be incorporated into the psycholgy programme, along with a compulsory element of having their pay withheld for two months whilst they do an unpaid stint as part of the QPR Community Trust programme, where they have to interview the survivors from Grenfell and do the food bank runs.

The players don't care. Would-be a waste of time.
Critchley out on 09:36 - Jan 29 with 1414 viewsSakura

Critchley out on 06:27 - Jan 29 by Lblock

I would say the reason they are having to write the cheques for millions a month is because Les and Belk haven’t managed to do what Brentford did. The same summer they picked up Ollie Watkins and later sold him for 20 odd million we went for Wheeler. When they sold us Bidwell they went to Walsall and got Rico Henry

Now unless your crazy enough to want future owners selecting our signings and doing the scouting then it comes down to Les and Belk

But the absolutely crucial bit misguided fans like your self need to grasp. Whatever has gone on before. The situation right now is we do need owners to pay millions a month of their own money. To fund the club

say again, maybe you will answer this time, in this oh so well thought through protest of yours against the owners are they to keep writing cheques for millions of pounds each month while we await new owners?

So with that in mind. I’ll ask your the same question that Parker and Northolt R’s buried their head in the sand over:

Are we building those millions each month the owners are now paying into the sale price? Because if not what do they get in return for that? Explain that. Remember how much of their own money they have put in

Because if you haven't got an answer to that question then that means you are effectively asking for them to let the club go bankrupt because why should they stay and give up something they have paid for. Think about it from their side

What is the solution you are proposing. Explain it. It’s moronic to suggest something they have sunk hundreds of millions of pounds into they should just walk away and give up any potential upside

Explain all the way through step by step of what you want to see happening with the ownership of the club and why you think that’s realistic. It’s idiotic and self harm for the club if you can’t
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 9:37]
Critchley out on 10:01 - Jan 29 with 1342 viewsmart_Goblin

This post is absolutely spot on for me. Plenty of people making mistakes being made by many people at the club who need to shape up …but the players have been sulking as a group ever since it was reported Beale was talking to Wolves. Looking for excuses downing tools. If any group drops their levels by 3 or 4 percent ..that doesn’t leave everything out on that fiend for their team mates , their manager, the club and the fans ..then you get what’s happening now .
Feel for Critchley because he looks so frustrated because I don’t think he knows the answer or knows but can’t do anything about it because of the reasons you mentioned .
We are in a big hole here
Critchley out on 10:04 - Jan 29 with 1330 viewsozexile

Critchley out on 10:01 - Jan 29 by mart_Goblin

This post is absolutely spot on for me. Plenty of people making mistakes being made by many people at the club who need to shape up …but the players have been sulking as a group ever since it was reported Beale was talking to Wolves. Looking for excuses downing tools. If any group drops their levels by 3 or 4 percent ..that doesn’t leave everything out on that fiend for their team mates , their manager, the club and the fans ..then you get what’s happening now .
Feel for Critchley because he looks so frustrated because I don’t think he knows the answer or knows but can’t do anything about it because of the reasons you mentioned .
We are in a big hole here

He knows for sure, but can't do anything about it.
Critchley out on 10:07 - Jan 29 with 1306 viewsParkRoyalR

Maybe over-simplyfing but imo

1) Willock, when fit, has carried this team twice to unrealistic heights in the division given our squad as he has end product others don't (see his Xg)

2) Critchley will come good, just need his best 11 including Willock, Laird and Dykes fit and work out Tim's best position and a formation to suit him and our best 11 (4-3-3 or 3-5-2)

3) Beale will get found out and come unstuck and become the next Phil Brown

4) Warburton was a perfect fit DoF for us and hung-out to dry by Austin + Gray and Les used this as an excuse to get rid and keep Ramsey + Co in place

5) We're lucky to have these owners as naive they may be but they've stood by their mistakes and keep trying to get things right.
Critchley out on 10:12 - Jan 29 with 1294 viewsAndybrat

Critchley out on 10:04 - Jan 29 by ozexile

He knows for sure, but can't do anything about it.

Spot on, we have to wait unfortunately. God help us if we lose a couple more on the bounce, looking downwards again. And I’m a glass half full person, unlike a lot writing here
Critchley out on 10:13 - Jan 29 with 1287 viewsRangersw12

Critchley out on 10:07 - Jan 29 by ParkRoyalR

1) Willock, when fit, has carried this team twice to unrealistic heights in the division given our squad as he has end product others don't (see his Xg)

2) Critchley will come good, just need his best 11 including Willock, Laird and Dykes fit and work out Tim's best position and a formation to suit him and our best 11 (4-3-3 or 3-5-2)

4) Warburton was a perfect fit DoF for us and hung-out to dry by Austin + Gray and Les used this as an excuse to get rid and keep Ramsey + Co in place

5) We're lucky to have these owners as naive they may be but they've stood by their mistakes and keep trying to get things right.

Tim's best position is back at Villa
Critchley out on 10:19 - Jan 29 with 1264 viewsParkRoyalR

Critchley out on 10:13 - Jan 29 by Rangersw12

Tim's best position is back at Villa

Tim's our only midfielder who can beat his man, break the line and open up play, needs to be relieved of any defensive duties as lacks concentration when we are out of possession.
Critchley out on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 1248 viewsRangersw12

Critchley out on 10:19 - Jan 29 by ParkRoyalR

Tim's our only midfielder who can beat his man, break the line and open up play, needs to be relieved of any defensive duties as lacks concentration when we are out of possession.

He's been terrible bar 1 or 2 games and like the rest of them his attitude stinks

The Championship is too much for him and he needs to go back to playing with nice kids his own age
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 10:26]
Critchley out on 10:25 - Jan 29 with 1231 viewsdaveB

Critchley out on 10:07 - Jan 29 by ParkRoyalR

Good to see your still blaming Austin
Critchley out on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 1223 viewsswisscottage

Critchley out on 10:19 - Jan 29 by ParkRoyalR

He can't play in a two man midfield, he's too much of a liability. In a three man midfield with Field behind it allows him to break forward which he does to very good effect.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024