Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
**Burnley Match Thread** 13:20 - Apr 21 with 69285 viewsted_hendrix

Let us pray.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:57 - Apr 22 with 2908 viewsloftus77

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:27 - Apr 22 by blavod

Rotherham v Cardiff mid week - both cannot win!

Oddly enough, I'd suggest the one result we don't now want in this game is a draw.

A big booming positive win for either team means only one will go above us not both (to 47 pts) if its a stalemate.

Our GD could still be our Achilles heel...

But happy (stunned) tonight.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 17:58]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:57 - Apr 22 with 2893 viewsOldPedro

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:44 - Apr 22 by flynnbo

HOOPS AND DREAMS on Twitter responded to cocky Alastair Camppbell with the following tweet: "QPR have ended Burnley's 34 game unbeaten home record at Championship level - a run dating back to 2015

It was QPR's first away win since 17 December

All with 19% possession!"

COYRs!

PS What channel are the highlights on tonight? It's been so long since I've bothered to watch them!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 17:45]

Highlights programme is on ITV

Brief highlights on Sky website https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:00 - Apr 22 with 2822 viewsflynnbo

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:53 - Apr 22 by Northolt_Rs

ITv1 @ 10:35pm

Thank you.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:00 - Apr 22 with 2822 viewsqueensparker

Unbelievable scenes.

Amid all the recent wailing, that was a disciplined performance all round. They worked their bollox off, that’s not a sulking squad. The only time Paal didn’t concentrate they scored.

Ok it was all very Norway playing in a 90s World Cup but who fkin cares
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:00 - Apr 22 with 2818 viewsterryb

I think the difference was that we played in the Burnley half as much as we could in the second half. Every single player (including Laird, who I've been very critical of) gave their all & we looked more threatening than the home side. Especially after Armstrong arrived.

In the last two matches Paal has returned to his early season form & that has made such a difference. No passengers today & possibly the best Rob Dickie has played for us. Besides him, Dunne, Paal, Field, Chair, Dykes & Armstrong also should be mentioned in despatches. Not that the others are undeserving! Now to do it all over again next Saturday.

Finally, what about our supporters who were there to witness this win? I'm so happy for you & please enjoy a most deserved night of celebration.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:01 - Apr 22 with 2795 viewsdistortR

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:44 - Apr 22 by flynnbo

HOOPS AND DREAMS on Twitter responded to cocky Alastair Camppbell with the following tweet: "QPR have ended Burnley's 34 game unbeaten home record at Championship level - a run dating back to 2015

It was QPR's first away win since 17 December

All with 19% possession!"

COYRs!

PS What channel are the highlights on tonight? It's been so long since I've bothered to watch them!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 17:45]

If Alaister Cambell said we won, i don't know if I'd believe it.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:02 - Apr 22 with 2767 viewsJamesB1979

Absolutely amazing result. Well done lads. Delighted for fans that made the long journey up there probably like most of us expecting the worst. Typical Qpr.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:04 - Apr 22 with 2725 viewstkqpr

I wonder if they'll be any "hoo-ha" if Gareth is seen out tonight in Town??

I fact insist that they all do.

Its seems that a few beers after an epic underdog performance such as that is indeed called for.

Well done my team - i did actually have faith and had them 0-1 winners in the prediction league as i felt a GA bounce at some point.

Amen to that!

You RRRRRRRR's
Login to get fewer ads

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:05 - Apr 22 with 2719 viewsThaiHoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:52 - Apr 22 by Metallica_Hoop

http://fawanews.com/Burnley%20vs%20QPR.html

You sir are a fecking legend! I have paid a tenner for each of our last 8 games and just couldn't bring myself to do it today.

I was resigned to watching prem and keeping tabs on the cricket score we would surely lose by on BBC.

Then to the rescue came Metallica Hoop and now Nothing Else Matters!

Thank you and COME ON YOU RRRRS!
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:11 - Apr 22 with 2650 viewsjoe90

That’s it, navy blue socks for the last two games. That’s where we’ve been going wrong.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:12 - Apr 22 with 2645 viewshateley_legend

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:19 - Apr 22 by E17hoop

Not this week:

Stokes needs to be getting himself ready for the Ashes, never mind p1ssing about with a blow-up trophy at Burnley.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:20 - Apr 22 with 2524 viewsblacky2013

Mathematically we can still get to 16th
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:22 - Apr 22 with 2505 viewsBushRanger82

Fan-bloody-tastic!
Well done, Gareth & the boys!
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:23 - Apr 22 with 2493 viewsPinnerPaul

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:09 - Apr 22 by Nov77

The most qpr of all qpr results, serve you up a turd week after week, then just when you’re expecting the biggest slice of turd ever, it’s caviar.

Need Wigan to beat reading then we’re almost guaranteed safe.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 17:11]

Almost?

We're 4pts ahead so anything other than us getting 1 point or none from last two and them 4 or 6 points from last 2 games and we're there!
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:24 - Apr 22 with 2479 viewsAntti_Heinola

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:09 - Apr 22 by strikerace

Burnley had 81% possession, and outshot us 21-6
LOL

bit like when we were good at the beginning of the season and somehow lost to Huddersfield despite having about 28 shots (and everyone said we were awful :))

Bare bones.

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:24 - Apr 22 with 2480 viewsdontknowitall

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:57 - Apr 22 by OldPedro

Highlights programme is on ITV

Brief highlights on Sky website https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/

I literally had tears in my eyes watching this...

Thank you
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:28 - Apr 22 with 2422 viewsE15Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 17:39 - Apr 22 by slmrstid

Calls for Frank Turner

Lovin' That!
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:35 - Apr 22 with 2345 viewsThaiHoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:23 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

Almost?

We're 4pts ahead so anything other than us getting 1 point or none from last two and them 4 or 6 points from last 2 games and we're there!

Or us getting no more points and Blackpool winning their last two! Surely not even we could be that unfortunate though!!
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:49 - Apr 22 with 2177 viewsE15Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:35 - Apr 22 by ThaiHoop

Or us getting no more points and Blackpool winning their last two! Surely not even we could be that unfortunate though!!

As others have said, I genuinely believe that this win is worth SO much more than 3 points, or even virtually guaranteeing safety.
It proves that Gareth Ainsworth DOES have a plan and knows how to make it work.
It might not be the plan that everyone on this forum wants, but if it f*kin works, who f*kin cares??
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:51 - Apr 22 with 2162 viewsNorthantsHoop

Well there you go, did not expect this result. Well done Rss.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:56 - Apr 22 with 2109 viewswesty

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:49 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

As others have said, I genuinely believe that this win is worth SO much more than 3 points, or even virtually guaranteeing safety.
It proves that Gareth Ainsworth DOES have a plan and knows how to make it work.
It might not be the plan that everyone on this forum wants, but if it f*kin works, who f*kin cares??

Steady on you know who you’ll have on your case as soon as he can crawl out from the undergrowth. I’m sure he’s somewhere trying to manufacture how it was the players plan all week and has nothing to do with GA at all.
Fck it let’s enjoy this then we can all get as nervous as shit again next week.
I’m glad I decided to work today as my nerves couldn’t even handle the last 5 seconds
**Burnley Match Thread** (n/t) on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 1969 viewsE15Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:56 - Apr 22 by westy

Steady on you know who you’ll have on your case as soon as he can crawl out from the undergrowth. I’m sure he’s somewhere trying to manufacture how it was the players plan all week and has nothing to do with GA at all.
I’m glad I decided to work today as my nerves couldn’t even handle the last 5 seconds

**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 1965 viewsqpr_1968

**Burnley Match Thread** on 16:24 - Apr 21 by qpr_1968

a very sound and convincing 1-0 win to the r's.

on 80 minutes i thought i was there.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:16 - Apr 22 with 1923 viewsE15Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:56 - Apr 22 by westy

For you know how, and everyone else of a similar persuasion, I quote you what Mr. Wild Thing himself had to say: "Possession doesn't win you games. If it comes down to possession or winning, possession can do one!"
**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:22 - Apr 22 with 1837 viewsaston_hoop

Credit to the defense today but especially Rob Dickie for the season he has had to put in a performance like that was quite something. Also to Ethan Laird for coming on and playing his bollocks off, thought he was a big part of why we looked more secure. It wasn't pretty, it won't win us friends in that small corner of Lancashire, but its 3 points and a huge step in staying up.

Also shout out Chris Martin. He's all round a bit shit but that equaliser v WBA and the winner today are big goals.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024