Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Riots 06:48 - May 23 with 16594 views1983

Looks like the SWP had the balls to turn up at this riot.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Cardiff Riots on 18:56 - May 23 with 1419 viewstheloneranger

Cardiff Riots on 18:36 - May 23 by SullutaCreturned

Got a link?

..."Alun Michael, South Wales police and crime commissioner, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme earlier on Tuesday that police had not chased the pair."

... "Chief Superintendent Martyn Stone told a press conference in Cardiff: “We have received footage that shows a police vehicle following a bike at just prior to 6pm."

“This footage is being recovered as part of the investigation and will assist us in piecing together the circumstances leading up to the collision."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cardiff Riots on 19:08 - May 23 with 1393 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Riots on 18:34 - May 23 by britferry

Police Commissionaire Alun Michael says they were not being chased by the police.

CCTV from a house shows the truth, the 2 boys on a eBike being followed by a police van just prior to the accident

It’s on the BBC site - correction it was on the BBC site but it’s now been taken down in the last 5 minutes.

Reading between the lines, looking at the CCTV at some point it looks like the boys were being followed (or it’s a coincidence the police were going in the same direction as the boys - but I doubt that) and then there’s the police statement saying there were no police vehicles in Snowden Road 0ver 1/2 a mile away when the incident happened. My guess is the police had seen the bike, gone after it then lost it or been told to stand down and stop. Bikers carry on riding off at a rate and then there’s a crash, but I could be very wrong. There’ll now be a full investigation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65687785

In terms of policing the protest , the police have not got many options. To effectively deal with a situation like that, the police would need several hundred cops in riot gear. I doubt there’d be that many riot trained cops with the PPE etc working in all of Wales to deal with that on a Monday night.
Cardiff Riots on 19:29 - May 23 with 1378 viewsBryanSwan

Cardiff Riots on 18:34 - May 23 by britferry

Police Commissionaire Alun Michael says they were not being chased by the police.

CCTV from a house shows the truth, the 2 boys on a eBike being followed by a police van just prior to the accident

Why the need to lie?
Why not just say yes they followed what they believed to be an illegal motorised bike which they lost and then got into a collision with another vehicle.

There is no need to fabricate it, they were just doing what they are meant to do and stop people doing illegal things.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Cardiff Riots on 19:50 - May 23 with 1355 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Riots on 16:44 - May 23 by controversial_jack

I can give you personal examples, but it's not for this forum.

It was mentioned they were brave, behind big shields with batons and large numbers, why didn't they go in and make snatch arrests.They would rather wait and try to contain it rather than end it there and then.

That's a no you can't then ,cheers

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff Riots on 20:11 - May 23 with 1337 viewsonehunglow

It’s not fun to get a brick in the gib.
A shield helps though
Conta expects the pigs to take a hiding as they deserve it .
Innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cardiff Riots on 20:11 - May 23 with 1342 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff Riots on 11:14 - May 23 by BryanSwan

Which part? The fact that the police watched and filmed the "riot" or that they dont want to actively stop crime?

You said -Wouldn't trust the police to actively stop a crime in any circumstance.

I said - Nonsense..

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff Riots on 20:14 - May 23 with 1341 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff Riots on 16:44 - May 23 by controversial_jack

I can give you personal examples, but it's not for this forum.

It was mentioned they were brave, behind big shields with batons and large numbers, why didn't they go in and make snatch arrests.They would rather wait and try to contain it rather than end it there and then.

Maybe they should go fifty handed ! With big Knowsley the West Ham fan.
Laughable.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff Riots on 20:28 - May 23 with 1315 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Riots on 20:11 - May 23 by KeithHaynes

You said -Wouldn't trust the police to actively stop a crime in any circumstance.

I said - Nonsense..

What about the Mayhill riots, Keith?

The police backed off there and let the scumbags run wild. They were roundly condemned for that by pretty much everyone and even admitted they had failed the public, didn't they?
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Riots on 20:40 - May 23 with 1299 viewsbritferry

If the bus they were killed by was a service bus, then they have shed loads of cameras on them these days.

Mayhill got a new traffic barrier. No doubt Ely, which is in Drippy's own constituency, will now get millions off Cardiff Bay.
[Post edited 23 May 2023 21:22]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Cardiff Riots on 21:02 - May 23 with 1280 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Riots on 20:11 - May 23 by onehunglow

It’s not fun to get a brick in the gib.
A shield helps though
Conta expects the pigs to take a hiding as they deserve it .
Innit

Those that know , know .

Cardiff Riots on 21:35 - May 23 with 1249 viewsBoundy

Hmmm

Cardiff Riots on 22:05 - May 23 with 1228 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Riots on 20:28 - May 23 by SullutaCreturned

The police backed off there and let the scumbags run wild. They were roundly condemned for that by pretty much everyone and even admitted they had failed the public, didn't they?

Failure in command and not enough resources to deal with it is my guess. To effectively take control and restrain someone you’ll need at least two to three people per offender, more of their drunk or high. There’s no way SWP are getting 150 -200 riot trained cops together on a weeknight to deal with that.
Cardiff Riots on 22:12 - May 23 with 1219 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Riots on 22:05 - May 23 by majorraglan

Failure in command and not enough resources to deal with it is my guess. To effectively take control and restrain someone you’ll need at least two to three people per offender, more of their drunk or high. There’s no way SWP are getting 150 -200 riot trained cops together on a weeknight to deal with that.

Identify and grab the ringleaders. Hopefully that would have worked
Cardiff Riots on 22:22 - May 23 with 1202 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Riots on 22:12 - May 23 by controversial_jack

Identify and grab the ringleaders. Hopefully that would have worked

Nobody in their right mind is going to send a dozen or 20 or so officers in to mob of of 60 to a 100 rioters with petrol bombs and possibly knives etc. I’m not an expert in these things, but maybe a plastic bullet or 2 would have had the desired effect - but that is a huge escalation and I’m not sure the powers that be or large parts of society would tolerate it.
Cardiff Riots on 22:23 - May 23 with 1202 views1983

Police are just evidence gathers and insurance claim number givers now, remember the riots in Bristol a couple of years ago when the Police station got attacked, there were just a line of OB with riots shields and a few with behind them with cameras of selfie sticks just recording the whole thing....oh well I'm sure Annis will have a book out shortly about Ely Crew taking on 3,000 of SWP finest

Cardiff Riots on 22:36 - May 23 with 1187 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Riots on 22:22 - May 23 by majorraglan

Nobody in their right mind is going to send a dozen or 20 or so officers in to mob of of 60 to a 100 rioters with petrol bombs and possibly knives etc. I’m not an expert in these things, but maybe a plastic bullet or 2 would have had the desired effect - but that is a huge escalation and I’m not sure the powers that be or large parts of society would tolerate it.

That’s exactly what they should do. A dozen pro active cops could have nicked a few of them.

If they aren’t prepared to do that, they are in the wrong job
Cardiff Riots on 04:48 - May 24 with 1132 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff Riots on 22:36 - May 23 by controversial_jack

That’s exactly what they should do. A dozen pro active cops could have nicked a few of them.

If they aren’t prepared to do that, they are in the wrong job

Strange when the Metropolitan police did exactly that a few weeks ago and grabbed a few ringleaders to stop possible disorder you accused them on unlawful arrest.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cardiff Riots on 07:22 - May 24 with 1087 viewsDr_Winston

I suspect a large part of society would be quite happy with the plastic bullet approach.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff Riots on 07:26 - May 24 with 1081 viewsBryanSwan

Cardiff Riots on 04:48 - May 24 by felixstowe_jack

Strange when the Metropolitan police did exactly that a few weeks ago and grabbed a few ringleaders to stop possible disorder you accused them on unlawful arrest.

You can't be on about them intervening in a peaceful protest before anything has happened and comparing that to a riot where they are being attacked, with cars and property destroyed.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Cardiff Riots on 07:35 - May 24 with 1070 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Riots on 07:26 - May 24 by BryanSwan

You can't be on about them intervening in a peaceful protest before anything has happened and comparing that to a riot where they are being attacked, with cars and property destroyed.

in my experience , in a few riot situations many "innocent" bystanders are oten lifted , their innocence is discussed later . I

Cardiff Riots on 08:16 - May 24 with 1049 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Riots on 18:55 - May 23 by britferry

it was the main headlines on the BBC 6pm news

5 secs later

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12115983/CCTV-shows-police-van-followin

So were they being chased or just followed. 5 seconds is quite a gap.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cardiff Riots on 08:16 - May 24 with 1052 viewsfbreath

Can someone explain to me what is the issue of police following someone doing something illegal. It is awful two young people died.

Few weeks ago on a Sunday was driving towards the park and ride by the stadium. 4 youngsters were on motorbikes no helmets pulling wheelies driving towards us in the opposite direction. Behind me was a police car. I said to my wife they’re in trouble now police will go up to the roundabout and go after them. But no the police just carried on their merry way. They didn’t even put on their blue lights to scare them or alert them. The bikers would have seen them as they would have driven past each other on either side of the road.
The police weren’t on any blue light call at the time as they were driving within the speed limit.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Cardiff Riots on 08:55 - May 24 with 1028 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Riots on 08:16 - May 24 by fbreath

Can someone explain to me what is the issue of police following someone doing something illegal. It is awful two young people died.

Few weeks ago on a Sunday was driving towards the park and ride by the stadium. 4 youngsters were on motorbikes no helmets pulling wheelies driving towards us in the opposite direction. Behind me was a police car. I said to my wife they’re in trouble now police will go up to the roundabout and go after them. But no the police just carried on their merry way. They didn’t even put on their blue lights to scare them or alert them. The bikers would have seen them as they would have driven past each other on either side of the road.
The police weren’t on any blue light call at the time as they were driving within the speed limit.

The problem is, they allegedly lied about it, and were then caught out by the CCTV. If they were acting appropriately they wouldn't have needed to
Cardiff Riots on 09:06 - May 24 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff Riots on 20:28 - May 23 by SullutaCreturned

Sadly ,supervision and leadership are now totally absent from Police Commanders .
Is neglect of duty.
Police will be always be criticised whatever they do so best do what is right and stand by it.

Getting into these rats should be normal.

Cardiff Riots on 09:07 - May 24 with 1018 viewsonehunglow

You re obviously speaking from a position of total ignorance

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024