Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick 15:10 - Jul 19 with 3140 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-under-21s-friendly-against-trefeli

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 15:13 - Jul 19 with 2611 viewsKeithHaynes

Morgan is one hell of a finisher.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 15:19 - Jul 19 with 2597 viewsRichardO

Would it be foolish to overlook him for the first team squad given he seems to be scoring for fun at the different levels or is that testament to the running of the academies creating opportunities for him?
Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 15:32 - Jul 19 with 2574 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 15:19 - Jul 19 by RichardO

Would it be foolish to overlook him for the first team squad given he seems to be scoring for fun at the different levels or is that testament to the running of the academies creating opportunities for him?

For all the stuff spoken about the academies they are producing some real talent. Cotterill and Congreve I think are still 50/50 but Cooper and J.Thomas look or is looking very good.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 16:00 - Jul 19 with 2526 viewsunion_jack

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 15:13 - Jul 19 by KeithHaynes

Morgan is one hell of a finisher.

Isn’t he not wanting to sign a new contract or something along those lines? I hear he’s a big Cardiff fan. Maybe he wants to go to them?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 16:53 - Jul 19 with 2432 viewsBoundy

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 16:00 - Jul 19 by union_jack

Isn’t he not wanting to sign a new contract or something along those lines? I hear he’s a big Cardiff fan. Maybe he wants to go to them?

I watched the match, the difference between each squad was clear from the first whistle ,fast pacy with good movement with no semblance of Martins style playing quick balls through the channels although I must say 3 goals were conceded by individual errors ,it was a pity to see the match rightly abandoned ,the sound and aftermath of the tackle was sickening to hear and see but as the report stated the quick reaction of both benches calmed the situation and hopefully prevented further injury to the lad by misdiagnosis.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 18:01 - Jul 19 with 2324 viewsjasper_T

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 16:00 - Jul 19 by union_jack

He left Cardiff to come to us when he was an u15. Didn't enjoy it in their academy however big a fan he may be. He and his agent will be looking higher up than them if a move is on the agenda.
Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 18:01 - Jul 19 with 2324 viewsRichardO

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 16:53 - Jul 19 by Boundy

I watched the match, the difference between each squad was clear from the first whistle ,fast pacy with good movement with no semblance of Martins style playing quick balls through the channels although I must say 3 goals were conceded by individual errors ,it was a pity to see the match rightly abandoned ,the sound and aftermath of the tackle was sickening to hear and see but as the report stated the quick reaction of both benches calmed the situation and hopefully prevented further injury to the lad by misdiagnosis.

Never nice to be on the pitch when a nasty break occurs understandable to abandon so late in the game.
Hope the player concerned can make a full recovery.

With regards to the individual errors isn't that what playing the ball fast and good movementis is trying to make the opposition make mistakes. Sounds like job done.
Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:01 - Jul 19 with 2228 viewsBoundy

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 18:01 - Jul 19 by RichardO

Never nice to be on the pitch when a nasty break occurs understandable to abandon so late in the game.
Hope the player concerned can make a full recovery.

With regards to the individual errors isn't that what playing the ball fast and good movementis is trying to make the opposition make mistakes. Sounds like job done.

I hear but please don't take this as verbatim but I believe he's broken his ankle , regarding the 3 goals they were the only time that the keeper twice under hit a pass and the 3rd similar , a penalty was also rightly awarded . A job well done but mixed emotions for me as one of my grandsons' was playing but a good preseason work out with no expectations from Trefelin

Login to get fewer ads

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:19 - Jul 19 with 2175 viewsmagicdaps10

I planned to go but my boys game prior to this game was called off and the weather was horrendous.
The U21 lads were a different level, on another level to previous under age teams that have played up there, talk that this Nzingo cost us 250k which if true is a decent wedge for where we are today.

If true that Iwan Morgan is not prepared to sign a pro contract then surely we are going to lose out massively down the line.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:21 - Jul 19 with 2175 viewsRichardO

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:01 - Jul 19 by Boundy

I hear but please don't take this as verbatim but I believe he's broken his ankle , regarding the 3 goals they were the only time that the keeper twice under hit a pass and the 3rd similar , a penalty was also rightly awarded . A job well done but mixed emotions for me as one of my grandsons' was playing but a good preseason work out with no expectations from Trefelin

Those errors sound very familiar🤔
Hope your Grandson can pick up a sense of belief in what he is capable of.
Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:25 - Jul 19 with 2169 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:01 - Jul 19 by Boundy

Has he just signed for Trefelin or has been there for awhile?

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 21:43 - Jul 19 with 2053 viewsBoundy

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:21 - Jul 19 by RichardO

Those errors sound very familiar🤔
Hope your Grandson can pick up a sense of belief in what he is capable of.

He has the confidence and belief in himself being an ex swans academy player who just wasn't committed enough to push himself

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 21:43 - Jul 19 with 2051 viewsBoundy

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:25 - Jul 19 by magicdaps10

Has he just signed for Trefelin or has been there for awhile?

Recent signing

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 22:54 - Jul 19 with 1966 viewsjackrmee

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 19:19 - Jul 19 by magicdaps10

I planned to go but my boys game prior to this game was called off and the weather was horrendous.
The U21 lads were a different level, on another level to previous under age teams that have played up there, talk that this Nzingo cost us 250k which if true is a decent wedge for where we are today.

If true that Iwan Morgan is not prepared to sign a pro contract then surely we are going to lose out massively down the line.

Serious question…if an age grade player is not willing to sign his first professional contract, why on earth would we allow him to play?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 22:57 - Jul 19 with 1964 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 22:54 - Jul 19 by jackrmee

Serious question…if an age grade player is not willing to sign his first professional contract, why on earth would we allow him to play?

Can't answer that, could be just a rumour that he isn't willing to sign.

Anyone able to clarify the situation with Morgan?

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 22:59 - Jul 19 with 1959 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 21:43 - Jul 19 by Boundy

Recent signing

đź‘Ť

Good luck to him for the season, good set up down there.......improved massively on their under age groups from years gone by.

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 23:54 - Jul 19 with 1929 viewsjackrmee

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 22:54 - Jul 19 by jackrmee

Jasper, it’s just a question mate.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 00:00 - Jul 20 with 1923 viewsjackrmee

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 22:57 - Jul 19 by magicdaps10

Can't answer that, could be just a rumour that he isn't willing to sign.

Anyone able to clarify the situation with Morgan?

Don’t know why someone would down arrow a simple question (not you mate).

I just don’t get it…
If he’s playing for us, that means he wants to play for us, right?
Especially as he isn’t contracted.
So if he doesn’t want to sign a professional deal, why is he still here?
And why would the club play him before someone who does want to be here and may signa professional contract?

That’s all I’m asking.
It’s a question about the club, not a slight on the kid. I’ve never met the lad ffs.

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 06:05 - Jul 20 with 1894 viewsguthrieintherain

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 00:00 - Jul 20 by jackrmee

I just don’t get it…
And why would the club play him before someone who does want to be here and may signa professional contract?

That’s all I’m asking.
It’s a question about the club, not a slight on the kid. I’ve never met the lad ffs.

Yes you raise a fair poont.
If he does go onto leave we maybe entitled to compo not certain mind.

So maybe by playing him it is pushing his value up if he keeps scoring.
Be great if we could get him signed up sounds a talent for sure.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 07:24 - Jul 20 with 1867 viewsjackrmee

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 06:05 - Jul 20 by guthrieintherain

Yes you raise a fair poont.
If he does go onto leave we maybe entitled to compo not certain mind.

So maybe by playing him it is pushing his value up if he keeps scoring.
Be great if we could get him signed up sounds a talent for sure.

I agree mate, he sounds a very good player who we need to signup.

I know nothing of the ins and outs of contracts and compo, but personally, I can’t see us being due anything for a young player who isn’t under contract and never has been.

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 08:00 - Jul 20 with 1830 viewsDaggyjack

Glory Nzingo is an interesting player.
Started in Ireland, went to France now with us.
He could be one that goes on to the first team squad this season, i think.
Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 08:05 - Jul 20 with 1825 viewsmagicdaps10

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 00:00 - Jul 20 by jackrmee

I just don’t get it…

That’s all I’m asking.

Yes that's strange to down arrow that post! I didn't see it as a knock in any way and was more than a fair question.
I think over the years we have seen posters unable to understand situations especially if it's not what they want to read, if the poster doesn't drag it on then it's best to just let it go.

Would certainly be interesting to know if Morgan is unwilling to sign a contract, he seems like a right prospect but if he doesn't want to be here then it's best that he moves on..........we have had enough bad apples to know what it creates in the club.

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 12:32 - Jul 20 with 1688 viewsjackrmee

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 08:05 - Jul 20 by magicdaps10

Yes that's strange to down arrow that post! I didn't see it as a knock in any way and was more than a fair question.
I think over the years we have seen posters unable to understand situations especially if it's not what they want to read, if the poster doesn't drag it on then it's best to just let it go.

Would certainly be interesting to know if Morgan is unwilling to sign a contract, he seems like a right prospect but if he doesn't want to be here then it's best that he moves on..........we have had enough bad apples to know what it creates in the club.

Yeah you’re right. Forgotten about now. Down arrows mean nothing really, but some people are a bit strange with them and seem to have something against other posters they have never even met.

Anyway, your summary is correct IMO. The only reason I can see that a young player who has never had a contract before, to say they won’t sign one, is surely that they are super confident they will get a better offer elsewhere, but who knows.
Is he really THAT good?

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 13:05 - Jul 20 with 1657 viewsBadlands

The game in Carmarthen will be a good indicator of how ready some of these players are to take on senior football in a competitive setting.
Although Carmarthen are not great, by any means, it should be a good test.
Scott Tannock (ex-Swansea) should be playing and KoL should know the club well.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 17:38 - Jul 20 with 1582 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans u21 7- 0 Morgan hattrick on 18:01 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

He left Cardiff to come to us when he was an u15. Didn't enjoy it in their academy however big a fan he may be. He and his agent will be looking higher up than them if a move is on the agenda.

I do not s recall many Swansea hot prospects being poached by bigger club historically. Emyr Huws was probably the last about 10 years ago. His injury wrecked career has probably come to an end. Cardiff have seen 2-3 whisked away for pennies.

I liked the look of Daniel Watts when I saw him for 30 minutes for Cymru. He must be 17 or so and signed up to 2026.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024