Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macams Match Thread 10:14 - Sep 15 with 42000 viewseasthertsr

First time starting one of these! I'm going 2-1 to us with both goals at the loft end!
Macams Match Thread on 19:09 - Sep 16 with 2802 viewsMick_S

Macams Match Thread on 19:02 - Sep 16 by connell10

I'll retire to bedlam, I honestly thought before the red Sunderland were crap , if ya talking about a top 6 side then I stand by what I've already posted , average.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 19:10]

Not crap for me, mate. It was an even game prior to the red. They didn’t shift or mess about with their strategy because they knew it was a matter of time. Patient, accurate football did what 11 should do to ten.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Macams Match Thread on 19:09 - Sep 16 with 2798 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Macams Match Thread on 19:08 - Sep 16 by connell10

I was there and I'm totally unimpressed.

Fair enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Macams Match Thread on 19:11 - Sep 16 with 2753 viewsconnell10

Macams Match Thread on 19:09 - Sep 16 by Mick_S

Not crap for me, mate. It was an even game prior to the red. They didn’t shift or mess about with their strategy because they knew it was a matter of time. Patient, accurate football did what 11 should do to ten.

Cannon fooder if they ever get up.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Macams Match Thread on 19:13 - Sep 16 with 2753 viewstraininvain

Macams Match Thread on 19:06 - Sep 16 by KerryE

I agree.

For those of us here, i dont think there is any way we lose that game witj 11 on pitch

I wish I shared your confidence!
Macams Match Thread on 19:19 - Sep 16 with 2678 viewsnumptydumpty

Macams Match Thread on 08:10 - Sep 16 by SAPilgrim

Going for a repeat of our last season’s opener against sund - 2-2. Both sets if fans to go away happy with what they’ve seen.

It worked better when we had two up top as after the sending off, Chair and Smyth were both much more defensive and love Smyth but a defender he isn't. Chair likewise, great player but dropping back nullified his attacking abilities completely..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Macams Match Thread on 19:23 - Sep 16 with 2671 viewsVancouverHoop

Macams Match Thread on 18:16 - Sep 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I tend to agree with you, w12. I was impressed with them before the goal, too. I thought they were fast, moved the ball quickly and had lots of players open for the ball.

Who knows what would have happened if it wasn't for the red, but I can't help thinking it would have been a tough assignment regardless.

It would have been competitive, as it had been before the card, but ceased to be afterwards.

We don't have the squad depth/experience to hang on a one goal lead for 70 minutes with ten men against an any average-to-good team in this division. We just don't.

This is likely going to be a problem all season I think. Ainsworth's no holds barred, Charge of the Light Brigade, style will result in more incidents like today's unless the players learn more in-game discipline.
Macams Match Thread on 19:29 - Sep 16 with 2626 viewsNorthantsHoop

Colback showed a lack of control with his challenge at the point of the game when we needed to sit in and build our game. For me the game was over once he walked and there was only going to be one winner. The poor home form continues to be honest we look better away from Loftus Road.
Macams Match Thread on 20:14 - Sep 16 with 2478 viewsbaz_qpr

A few thoughts from me, there a load of key moments that changed the game. I thought 1st half Sunderland were pretty but ineffective just going sidewise and Armstrong was giving their defence a torrid time on the counter. We set up to counter attack from a low block and it was working well though Fox got caught a few times losing Bellingham but Berkovic did not have a save to make. Good goal really well worked. Then we had this five minutes where the ref lost control a bit tackles flying in and a couple of yellows should have been shown then Colbacks red.

Interesting one this for me as from the refs angle it looks really bad as clearly studs make contact with the shin, but from other angles you can see the foot started off down and came up with momentum he was going for the ball and late. Seen them given seen them not. I dont think it was malicious just a little out of control

I think GA probably hoped to get through to half time, but we were totally reliant on Armstrong doing something on the break which he managed to do a couple of times with some great centre forward play. I thought his yellow was harsh he was being fouled and grappled and he threw the guy off him. Their goal was flukey deflection (it happens) .

The forced change for Sunderland 1st half which led to Pritchard coming on also changed the game for them, He's a class act and bossed the midfield once we had decided to concede it

2nd half and felt we needed to change at half time could not carry on playing 5-3-1 we needed to get up the pitch and use the ball better. Mowbray made a change for them going to a back 3 and we did not adjust. Their 2nd was coming.

We made the change two upfront and whilst it gave us something going forward You can see why we might of been reluctant because they shredded Kakay at right back after that. The failure to sign a right back I think is going to hurt us until January. Expect to see Dunne play their if we have to go 4 at the back again.

I think once Armstrong went off we were done, Koli did well but we lacked that threat that Armstrongg brings.

Berkovic needs to have words with himself, his kicking and distribution were diabolical and kept putting us into trouble.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 20:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Macams Match Thread on 20:22 - Sep 16 with 2430 viewswesty

Macams Match Thread on 18:35 - Sep 16 by MrSheen

Might have been answered up thread, but what was the police presence about? Loads in the SBS. Drug sweep?

Could just test half the idiots on here with some of the comments
Macams Match Thread on 20:23 - Sep 16 with 2406 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 18:49 - Sep 16 by numptydumpty

You said you never watch any live streams anymore as don't want part with cash and you no longer attend at all.

Was just saying you got nothing if the current set up to be able to form an opinion.

But I think you constantly berate the team and all I said was I could never be rhat type of Supporter. You do pop up big time on losses and today wasn't too bad and was changed by sending off.

No need for abuse though.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 18:52]

Fair enough. I apologise for the language.I just don't like my support being called into question. And I am on here plenty when we win...you just choose not to notice it(I had the same problem with someone on DotOrg). We all support the club in our own ways,and I will have no problem putting my hand in my pocket when I believe we are getting somewhere on the pitch at LR. Like a lot of people, this cost of living crisis is hitting me hard, and value for money is the most important thing for me personally at the moment. And most of all I want to see Rangers give something back to supporters like yourself, who are at all the games...you deserve better than you have been getting for too long now IMHO.
Macams Match Thread on 20:30 - Sep 16 with 2387 viewsconnell10

Macams Match Thread on 20:23 - Sep 16 by Damo1962

Fair enough. I apologise for the language.I just don't like my support being called into question. And I am on here plenty when we win...you just choose not to notice it(I had the same problem with someone on DotOrg). We all support the club in our own ways,and I will have no problem putting my hand in my pocket when I believe we are getting somewhere on the pitch at LR. Like a lot of people, this cost of living crisis is hitting me hard, and value for money is the most important thing for me personally at the moment. And most of all I want to see Rangers give something back to supporters like yourself, who are at all the games...you deserve better than you have been getting for too long now IMHO.

Mate you don't like Anisworth, it comes across as totally being negative for the sake of it . Its just boring!!

Macams Match Thread on 20:32 - Sep 16 with 2359 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 19:11 - Sep 16 by connell10

Cannon fooder if they ever get up.

Every team from the Championship is cannon fodder. You have a point about the overall standard though...and it's one reason I avoid watching matches(including Rangers ones) unless I feel I really need to. How are Preston top of the league? Then again we were briefly under the boily one...and look where we have ended up 😉
Macams Match Thread on 20:38 - Sep 16 with 2327 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 20:30 - Sep 16 by connell10

Mate you don't like Anisworth, it comes across as totally being negative for the sake of it . Its just boring!!

I want nothing more than for Ainsworth to succeed - probably more than any manager for a long time. You are the one talking shite.
Macams Match Thread on 20:42 - Sep 16 with 2321 viewsnix

Their number five, the centre back, was really struggling against Armstrong once the other centre back, who looked like he had some pace, went off. Unfortunately it was only a few minutes between then and the Colback sending off.

I didn't think they were dominating the game before the sending off. In fact they looked quite nervous of us on the break.

Very frustrating that we couldn't play them on a level playing field. Losing Colback meant Dozzell couldn't help cover on the right hand side like he was before the red card.

A red card plus a soft own goal was too much of a hill to climb.
Macams Match Thread on 20:56 - Sep 16 with 2256 viewsjoe90

Macams Match Thread on 20:14 - Sep 16 by baz_qpr

A few thoughts from me, there a load of key moments that changed the game. I thought 1st half Sunderland were pretty but ineffective just going sidewise and Armstrong was giving their defence a torrid time on the counter. We set up to counter attack from a low block and it was working well though Fox got caught a few times losing Bellingham but Berkovic did not have a save to make. Good goal really well worked. Then we had this five minutes where the ref lost control a bit tackles flying in and a couple of yellows should have been shown then Colbacks red.

Interesting one this for me as from the refs angle it looks really bad as clearly studs make contact with the shin, but from other angles you can see the foot started off down and came up with momentum he was going for the ball and late. Seen them given seen them not. I dont think it was malicious just a little out of control

I think GA probably hoped to get through to half time, but we were totally reliant on Armstrong doing something on the break which he managed to do a couple of times with some great centre forward play. I thought his yellow was harsh he was being fouled and grappled and he threw the guy off him. Their goal was flukey deflection (it happens) .

The forced change for Sunderland 1st half which led to Pritchard coming on also changed the game for them, He's a class act and bossed the midfield once we had decided to concede it

2nd half and felt we needed to change at half time could not carry on playing 5-3-1 we needed to get up the pitch and use the ball better. Mowbray made a change for them going to a back 3 and we did not adjust. Their 2nd was coming.

We made the change two upfront and whilst it gave us something going forward You can see why we might of been reluctant because they shredded Kakay at right back after that. The failure to sign a right back I think is going to hurt us until January. Expect to see Dunne play their if we have to go 4 at the back again.

I think once Armstrong went off we were done, Koli did well but we lacked that threat that Armstrongg brings.

Berkovic needs to have words with himself, his kicking and distribution were diabolical and kept putting us into trouble.

I was at the game, your summary is spot on.

I thought the red was a fair decision, but as the game went on I started to question my initial thought. Watched the video posted on another thread and am not 100% convinced it was red…either way it changed the game for us. These things happen. The first 20 minutes we looked good. There’s something to build on, the score line is misleading.

I thought Dozzel looked much more involved than I’ve ever seen him. Broke up play, pressed, and even got a in some aggro.

We all know it’s going to be a long, tough season and if we’re going to lose I’d rather lose like this than how we did last season.
Macams Match Thread on 21:04 - Sep 16 with 2197 viewsMonkey_Roots

Macams Match Thread on 20:23 - Sep 16 by Damo1962

“I will have no problem putting my hand in my pocket when I believe we are getting somewhere on the pitch at LR”

That’s when they need your support, when everything is going well.
Macams Match Thread on 21:24 - Sep 16 with 2120 viewsVancouverHoop

Macams Match Thread on 20:14 - Sep 16 by baz_qpr

I'd go along with most of that, but we were flirting with danger from the off. For example Smyth's tackle on the edge of our box early on could well have been called a pen, and I suspect would have been later in the the game. Playing with aggressive enthusiasm is OK, but it has to be controlled. It's a fine line but early on we were in danger of crossing it too often, and it's possible that played into Colback's red card decision.
Macams Match Thread on 22:02 - Sep 16 with 2028 viewsRangersw12

Macams Match Thread on 08:06 - Sep 17 with 1617 viewsconnell10

Macams Match Thread on 20:38 - Sep 16 by Damo1962

I want nothing more than for Ainsworth to succeed - probably more than any manager for a long time. You are the one talking shite.

Says the King of shitesville .

Macams Match Thread on 08:15 - Sep 17 with 1594 viewsNortholt_Rs

Macams Match Thread on 20:32 - Sep 16 by Damo1962

Every team from the Championship is cannon fodder. You have a point about the overall standard though...and it's one reason I avoid watching matches(including Rangers ones) unless I feel I really need to. How are Preston top of the league? Then again we were briefly under the boily one...and look where we have ended up 😉

If you avoid watching any matches including ours why are you so quick to jump on here when we lose? Seems a bit perverse to me.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Macams Match Thread on 09:23 - Sep 17 with 1515 viewsdistortR

Fraser at Southampton and Clarke yesterday destroyed our right side. Asking Smyth to jump up a couple of divisions and play a new role is a big ask for any player. But, we have very limited options on that side. This is a season in which, to be successful (Avoid relegation), we are going to have to beat the weaker teams. I can't see us getting much from top-half teams.
Macams Match Thread on 12:02 - Sep 17 with 1327 viewsconnell10

Macams Match Thread on 08:15 - Sep 17 by Northolt_Rs

If you avoid watching any matches including ours why are you so quick to jump on here when we lose? Seems a bit perverse to me.

Yep always the same mate , we lose he comes on spouting his usual shite! Not some I'd want in the trenches with me.

Macams Match Thread on 14:14 - Sep 17 with 1168 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 08:06 - Sep 17 by connell10

Says the King of shitesville .

How witty.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 14:18]
Macams Match Thread on 14:16 - Sep 17 with 1157 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 08:15 - Sep 17 by Northolt_Rs

Because I care. Sorry for having an opinion.
Macams Match Thread on 14:17 - Sep 17 with 1150 viewsconnell10

Macams Match Thread on 14:14 - Sep 17 by Damo1962

How witty.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 14:18]

F uck you infant!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024