Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macams Match Thread 10:14 - Sep 15 with 41999 viewseasthertsr

First time starting one of these! I'm going 2-1 to us with both goals at the loft end!
Macams Match Thread on 17:13 - Sep 16 with 2324 viewsMonkey_Roots

It does seem, to me at least, that some of you enjoy it when we do badly.

The effort and heart is there, which was the minimum requirement for this season - even above avoiding relegation.

We’ve had a few positive performances recently which, to most of us, was a good thing. Today we went ahead, lost a man early and got beat.

The requirements for the season haven’t changed:

- work hard
- avoid relegation

We’re ahead of where we thought we would be so, for the time being at least, I’m good.
Macams Match Thread on 17:16 - Sep 16 with 2217 viewsDamo1962

Expect GA will say the red changed the game...some might even agree with him. Sunderland looked strong before the game, and are real contenders now for me.Better than Ipswich for sure. Sad truth is both teams are way ahead of us...and both were in L1 last season. Not harping on, but someone at the club seriously needs to address our record at LR...and especially in front of the Loft. I'll say it again, but maybe if we get the chance...we should attack the Loft first half. Got nothing to lose the way things are.
Macams Match Thread on 17:18 - Sep 16 with 2166 viewsloftboy

Macams Match Thread on 17:16 - Sep 16 by Damo1962

Expect GA will say the red changed the game...some might even agree with him. Sunderland looked strong before the game, and are real contenders now for me.Better than Ipswich for sure. Sad truth is both teams are way ahead of us...and both were in L1 last season. Not harping on, but someone at the club seriously needs to address our record at LR...and especially in front of the Loft. I'll say it again, but maybe if we get the chance...we should attack the Loft first half. Got nothing to lose the way things are.

Sunderland was in the championship last season

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Macams Match Thread on 17:19 - Sep 16 with 2143 viewswortonr

Macams Match Thread on 17:13 - Sep 16 by Monkey_Roots

The effort and heart is there, which was the minimum requirement for this season - even above avoiding relegation.

We’ve had a few positive performances recently which, to most of us, was a good thing. Today we went ahead, lost a man early and got beat.

- work hard
- avoid relegation

We’re ahead of where we thought we would be so, for the time being at least, I’m good.

Here here
Such a shame to read some of the stuff in this thread. Not our day today but the attitude of the players was a massive improvement on last season. Some proper passion ( maybe that’s why we went down to 10)? Sundered we’re very good by the way.
I’d give Willock a start on Tuesday..looked much more like his old self.
Macams Match Thread on 17:19 - Sep 16 with 2138 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

On my way home. 1-0 up, looking good, Sunderland a decent team, then Colback does that.

However, the tactics second half were weird. I was fully expecting SDM on at half time for Smyth, to plug the gap 2 banks of 4, narrow the pitch up. Crowd them out, hit on the break.

What do I know though.

P.S Smyth is not a defender and got found out big time today.
Macams Match Thread on 17:19 - Sep 16 with 2139 viewsRangersw12

- work hard
- avoid relegation

Yeah it's brilliant mate that we once again surrendered the game and just stood on our 18 yard box for 70 mins , yeah I'm really happy that our home record is abysmal and I'm really happy we got taken apart by a very average Sunderland side

Work rate was there but that's the minimum I expect from any player
Macams Match Thread on 17:21 - Sep 16 with 2091 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 17:18 - Sep 16 by loftboy

Sunderland was in the championship last season

Now how did I forget that 🤭 They won at LR as well. It's all becoming a blur supporting QPR these days 😉
Macams Match Thread on 17:21 - Sep 16 with 2087 viewsHayesender

On way home. Without reading the thread, all I'll say is, forgetting the red card, our home form the last 10 months or so has been nothing short of atrocious.

I'm a season ticket holder, and I think my last win seen at HQ was the Cardiff game when Beale was still here.

That's just not good enough

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Macams Match Thread on 17:24 - Sep 16 with 2036 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 17:19 - Sep 16 by Wilkinswatercarrier

On my way home. 1-0 up, looking good, Sunderland a decent team, then Colback does that.

However, the tactics second half were weird. I was fully expecting SDM on at half time for Smyth, to plug the gap 2 banks of 4, narrow the pitch up. Crowd them out, hit on the break.

What do I know though.

P.S Smyth is not a defender and got found out big time today.

Their equaliser on half time was a killer blow. Go in ahead and with a better shape second half...who knows.
Macams Match Thread on 17:24 - Sep 16 with 2039 viewsHooptimist

Macams Match Thread on 17:11 - Sep 16 by Rangersw12

Pretty poor today and could have easily been 5 or 6

Didn't understand our tactics when we went down to 10

Big game against Swansea need to get something to stop the rot at home

Do you know they had 7 shots on target? Two in the same move

No especially decent saves from Begovic

We are all disappointed to lose after a silly red early on. 80 mins of play with 10 men

But that’s a silly comment from you
Macams Match Thread on 17:27 - Sep 16 with 1993 viewsnumptydumpty

- work hard
- avoid relegation

Have to say I agree that there are few on here that pop up mostly when we lose and they attack manager and players

Most aren't at the game and some like Damo not even watch on a live stream

The red card changed the game.

Like most at the game stunned it was a red.

Think Sunderland players all too easily influenced the decision.

But up until that point we were deservedly in the lead and again we concede incredibly late in the half. 8th minute of injury time like in the cup game.

Keep that out and second half altogether different as would have been half time dresing room.

We looked comfortable first half until eight minute injury time

Second half. Got it all wrong but understandable.

Main issue though was right side of defence. There isn't one.

Jack Clarke had everyone on toast but game ruined by a decision that I can't comprehend

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Macams Match Thread on 17:27 - Sep 16 with 1998 viewsrbee

Macams Match Thread on 17:12 - Sep 16 by stainrods_elbow

They only had 20 minutes! What's your point?

The red card changed the game of course. Different result 11 v 11.

Gareth did nothing after the red card and played right in to their hands.
Macams Match Thread on 17:28 - Sep 16 with 1962 viewsDamo1962

- work hard
- avoid relegation

Get your drift,but effort will not be enough to avoid relegation - so your second point is moot.Only points at home can do that - and I have seen precious little for a long time, to suggest that we will get anywhere near enough.
Macams Match Thread on 17:32 - Sep 16 with 1892 viewsstevec

Thought we were fine until going to 10 men.

Sunderland are a good passing side so it was bound to be game over after that.
Macams Match Thread on 17:32 - Sep 16 with 1879 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 17:21 - Sep 16 by Hayesender

On way home. Without reading the thread, all I'll say is, forgetting the red card, our home form the last 10 months or so has been nothing short of atrocious.

I'm a season ticket holder, and I think my last win seen at HQ was the Cardiff game when Beale was still here.

That's just not good enough

I don't understand why the club and so many supporters aren't flagging this appalling statistic up. Maybe they are, but just can't bring themselves to. It is shameful and unacceptable, to be as bad as we are at home... no matter what the circumstances of the club are.
Macams Match Thread on 17:33 - Sep 16 with 1873 viewswesty

Macams Match Thread on 17:27 - Sep 16 by numptydumpty

Have to say I agree that there are few on here that pop up mostly when we lose and they attack manager and players

But up until that point we were deservedly in the lead and again we concede incredibly late in the half. 8th minute of injury time like in the cup game.

Keep that out and second half altogether different as would have been half time dresing room.

Jack Clarke had everyone on toast but game ruined by a decision that I can't comprehend

We have our moments numpty but totally agree with you
Macams Match Thread on 17:35 - Sep 16 with 1844 viewsDamo1962

I don't need to waste my hard earned on streaming smart arse - Brian does a sterling job for me.
Macams Match Thread on 17:38 - Sep 16 with 1819 viewsderbyhoop

Macams Match Thread on 17:09 - Sep 16 by safcinpeace

Thought you did well in the first half, but Roberts coming on any half time was the difference against 10 men.

Have to say you are better than Southampton.

The difference was the red card.
We dropped back into a 5 -3-1 and never looked like troubling your defence.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Macams Match Thread on 17:40 - Sep 16 with 1793 viewsrbee

Fans quite rightly complaining about our home form.

However we were all happy with the starting eleven today and we knew exactly what we were going to get.

This team and set up works very well away from home but not at home. I am sure that Gareth would like a different set up at home but the available players and talent that we have currently dictates the way that we play.
Macams Match Thread on 17:47 - Sep 16 with 1698 viewsstainrods_elbow

Macams Match Thread on 17:11 - Sep 16 by westy

Wait I can hear your mum calling you for your tea big boy, quick don’t want it getting cold. Enjoy the smiley faces

How old are you again? Seven?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Macams Match Thread on 17:47 - Sep 16 with 1710 viewsSteveB

"Like most at the game stunned it was a red"

Watch it again when you get home. It was horrible, especially in slo-mo of course, lucky not to have hurt the lad badly.
Macams Match Thread on 17:48 - Sep 16 with 1698 viewsDamo1962

Macams Match Thread on 17:40 - Sep 16 by rbee

Fans quite rightly complaining about our home form.

However we were all happy with the starting eleven today and we knew exactly what we were going to get.

This team and set up works very well away from home but not at home. I am sure that Gareth would like a different set up at home but the available players and talent that we have currently dictates the way that we play.

Appreciate our lack of options, but how are we going to turn it around at LR without some? If we lose to a very average Swansea side next up... the alarm bells should be ringing.
Macams Match Thread on 17:49 - Sep 16 with 1683 viewsManinBlack

With our poor home form and inability to score at the Loft end since February cam someone remind me if that is three consecutive home defeats to Sunderland now? Guess we have to count the Cup penalty shoot out as a loss in recent meetings.

Very kind of the Sunderland supporter on here to say we are better than Southampton. Sadly they beat us too and have since conceded 9 goals in two games making our loss to them look bad.
Macams Match Thread on 17:52 - Sep 16 with 1627 viewswesty

Macams Match Thread on 17:47 - Sep 16 by stainrods_elbow

How old are you again? Seven?

Why, do you want to play after tea.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 17:53]
Macams Match Thread on 17:56 - Sep 16 with 1560 viewsnumptydumpty

Macams Match Thread on 17:35 - Sep 16 by Damo1962

I don't need to waste my hard earned on streaming smart arse - Brian does a sterling job for me.

Money that goes to the club we support

Plus if you never watch footage at the ground or on a live stream you have nowt to base your superior knowledge of how crap you constantly say we are.

Your comments also don't match with Brian's either.

But you do pop up a lot when we lose

Fair enough but I personally can never be that type of supporter
[Post edited 16 Sep 2023 18:01]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024