Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum 09:05 - May 6 with 5105 viewsStevenageRanger

http://www.borochat.co.uk/thread/36191
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:17 - May 6 with 3580 viewsloftboy

“The whole club is fúcked”
Smacks of being a bit bitter? It would have been if we had gone down under his watch.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:19 - May 6 with 3567 viewsSydneyRs

fcked or not, someone else was able to do a million miles better than him with mostly the same players.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:19 - May 6 with 3567 viewsenfieldargh

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:22 - May 6 with 3551 viewsBlue_Castello

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:17 - May 6 by loftboy

Smacks of being a bit bitter? It would have been if we had gone down under his watch.

Exactly my thought, he should of come and watched a few games and seen for himself the massive difference in the level of football being played after he had departed.

The club looks far much healthier and happier for next season with a progressive thinking manager at the helm, don't get me wrong I love Gareth as a person and a player but he's not accepting the reality of the situation.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:31 - May 6 with 3492 viewsJevlar

Gotta be tough to take, seeing his successor turn us around and get us fighting (something which the players never truly bought in to with him) and playing decent football.

Also, the way Ainsworth started pitching us in pre match interviews as some sort of part time non-league minnow fighting against global powerhouses like West Brom (I exaggerate a little) really started winding me and probably many other fans up.

A lovely man, and a really solid, committed pro for us as a player, but a terrible manager who perhaps is in denial. John Beck football is way past its well by date.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:51 - May 6 with 3390 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:17 - May 6 by loftboy

Genuinely don't think he said that, as he hasn't said that to people I know a lot closer to him than a random Stevenage fan. I think the Stevanage fan has probably added a few jars of mustard to something like 'the club needs a lot of work behind the scenes' which is a lot tamer than what most of us have said recently.

Can't feel anything but love for him sorry. After Marti, he's the manager I want to do the most well in this world.

As a fanbase we could do ourselves a big favour and look to next August and not back to last October.
[Post edited 6 May 9:54]
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:56 - May 6 with 3342 viewsPaddyhoops

Feel for Ainsworth. He was clearly out of his depth at this level . A poor appointment but not a surprising one. He was far too reverential to some of the bigger clubs and was basically saying we we should be happy to be on the same pitch .
With that attitude it was never going to work.
Even so lots of people had basically said we were never getting anything out of Leeds and Coventry.
Never saw it that way . This league is nuts and with Leeds doing their squeaky bum trick we always had a chance and we produced our best performance in years to back it up.
Gareth was half glass empty , Marti was half full.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:57 - May 6 with 3336 viewsLowerloftLad

He somehow kept us up. Burnley was a fluke and stoke who had been awful was on the beach.

He did bring in some good players though to be fair

But the football was nothing short of awful and we now have a much better manager and we have moved on.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:13 - May 6 with 3237 viewsDaBurgh

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:51 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Genuinely don't think he said that, as he hasn't said that to people I know a lot closer to him than a random Stevenage fan. I think the Stevanage fan has probably added a few jars of mustard to something like 'the club needs a lot of work behind the scenes' which is a lot tamer than what most of us have said recently.

Can't feel anything but love for him sorry. After Marti, he's the manager I want to do the most well in this world.

As a fanbase we could do ourselves a big favour and look to next August and not back to last October.

This... With bells and whistles on. 👍
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:23 - May 6 with 3183 viewsbosh67

I am sure he didn't actually say that and he didn't have the benefit of the new CEO either, who has turned out to be a revelation, like Marti. But he obviously didn't have the buy in of the players, even though he brought in some good ones. That he should take credit for but we also saw that he was very limited in how to adapt to teams at this level and Marti has come in and shown that he is different gravy. Gareth will always be a hero here and somehow he kept us up 22-23 but something wasn't right in the dressing room or on the training pitch and that seems to have been highlighted by his now very obvious dislike of Willock for some reason.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:43 - May 6 with 3092 viewsStevenageRanger

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 09:51 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cant disagree with that. Would be surpised if he used the F word to a random bloke out in the street.

Anyway, roll on August
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:48 - May 6 with 3057 viewsGloucs_R

Sounds like a manager struggling to get another job.... Blame the club who sacked you...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:51 - May 6 with 3031 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:48 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

Sounds like a manager struggling to get another job.... Blame the club who sacked you...

He's said several times publically he wants a prolonged break from football management.

It's more likely he didn't say it at all.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:54 - May 6 with 3012 viewsGloucs_R

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:51 - May 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

He's said several times publically he wants a prolonged break from football management.

It's more likely he didn't say it at all.

He was linked with the Gillingham job last week.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:56 - May 6 with 2992 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:54 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

He was linked with the Gillingham job last week.

He was linked with Port Vale earlier in the season too.

That’s a long way from saying he‘s looking for or struggling to get jobs.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 11:10 - May 6 with 2908 viewsE17hoop

He can be very indiscreet and it wouldn't surprise me if he said it. And, to be fair to him, we were fùcked financially when he took charge. He knew he had to cut wages and was looking at it from a very pessimistic view. It's his nature; he works best from an underdog mindset.

As Clive says in his report, Marti thinks differently and takes on an Appreciative Inquiry approach to development of the team and squad.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 11:30 - May 6 with 2790 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 11:10 - May 6 by E17hoop

He can be very indiscreet and it wouldn't surprise me if he said it. And, to be fair to him, we were fùcked financially when he took charge. He knew he had to cut wages and was looking at it from a very pessimistic view. It's his nature; he works best from an underdog mindset.

As Clive says in his report, Marti thinks differently and takes on an Appreciative Inquiry approach to development of the team and squad.

'It's his nature; he works best from an underdog mindset'

This.

Far be it for him to take career advice from me, but I really think he could find a niche amongst the Harrogates, Bromleys, and Barrows of the league system where success mostly comes from piss and vinegar because the resources aren't always there.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 11:32 - May 6 with 2780 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 10:23 - May 6 by bosh67

I am sure he didn't actually say that and he didn't have the benefit of the new CEO either, who has turned out to be a revelation, like Marti. But he obviously didn't have the buy in of the players, even though he brought in some good ones. That he should take credit for but we also saw that he was very limited in how to adapt to teams at this level and Marti has come in and shown that he is different gravy. Gareth will always be a hero here and somehow he kept us up 22-23 but something wasn't right in the dressing room or on the training pitch and that seems to have been highlighted by his now very obvious dislike of Willock for some reason.

Woah there Bosh.
Jury is very, very, very firmly out on Nourry. The reality is we simply have no idea at all what sort of operator he is yet. He might be a boy genius. He might also be completely out of his depth but luckily is surfing the Marti wave.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 11:42 - May 6 with 2737 viewsGroveR

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 11:32 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

Woah there Bosh.
Jury is very, very, very firmly out on Nourry. The reality is we simply have no idea at all what sort of operator he is yet. He might be a boy genius. He might also be completely out of his depth but luckily is surfing the Marti wave.

He's a revelation in that he's not Tony Fernandes, which to be fair, I'll take for now.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 11:54 - May 6 with 2679 viewsdmm

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 11:32 - May 6 by Antti_Heinola

Woah there Bosh.

I agree Antti. It's too early to be singing Nourry's praises. There may be early indications he's getting things right, but for me that's as far as it goes. He seems to have been involved in Cifuentes appointment which is a big plus but I'm not sure anyone knows just how much involvement he had. And, he wasn't appointed at QPR until two and a half months after Cifuentes came.

Unlike Cifuentes, whose impact as head coach has obviously been seen quickly, with Nourry as CEO/DOF we need to give it until this time next year before being able to judge how he's doing.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 12:06 - May 6 with 2608 viewsPhilmyRs

So Les does the honourable thing and resigns, foregoing any severance package, Ainsworth continues taking a wage while taking a break from football… One nicknamed evil and blamed for the mess we’re in while the other seen as inheriting something which nobody could turn around. Marti has showed what can be achieved with this group and the recruitment wasn’t a total failure - Dickie player of year Bristol, JCS one of the standouts for us - both used as evidence last term of how poor Les was and of the poor players Ainsworth had at his disposal.

I can’t blame GA if he’s still taking a wage I just find it interesting how many people love a pile on when it comes to Les but same people struggle to do the same when it comes to statistically one of the worst managers we’ve ever had.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 12:17 - May 6 with 2541 viewsNorthantsHoop

Regardless of what Ainsworth may have or may not have said, he was awful at QPR and the debacle witnessed in his 8 months in charge was symptomatic of his approach if you can call it that to managing a professional football club. The image, the stupid gimmicks wore very thin with me and more importantly what did those players who are top class athletes think looking at their manager on the touchline, think we know the answer not much as we were seen as a joke. We now have a manager who looks and acts the part of a top level professional.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 12:35 - May 6 with 2433 viewsDavieQPR

Noury was with the club in an 'advisory role' quite a while before he was officially appointed.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 12:51 - May 6 with 2358 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 12:06 - May 6 by PhilmyRs

So Les does the honourable thing and resigns, foregoing any severance package, Ainsworth continues taking a wage while taking a break from football… One nicknamed evil and blamed for the mess we’re in while the other seen as inheriting something which nobody could turn around. Marti has showed what can be achieved with this group and the recruitment wasn’t a total failure - Dickie player of year Bristol, JCS one of the standouts for us - both used as evidence last term of how poor Les was and of the poor players Ainsworth had at his disposal.

I can’t blame GA if he’s still taking a wage I just find it interesting how many people love a pile on when it comes to Les but same people struggle to do the same when it comes to statistically one of the worst managers we’ve ever had.

If Ainsworth had left any earlier we wouldn’t have Marti, or we might have had an expensive and even more disruptive stop gap for a few months.

We had to wait until his (Marti’s) contract was run down and affordable enough to be brought out. The cost of his compensation package was the only reason we didn’t sign him when we signed Beale.

I‘m sure this has all been established.

This may be bullshit, but I’m also told GA didn’t take the full comp he was contractually due.
Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 12:53 - May 6 with 2344 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth 'Titbit' via the Stevenage Forum on 12:06 - May 6 by PhilmyRs

I don’t see why we can’t just not hate either to be frank.

Not being successful isn’t reason enough to hate a manager in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024