Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' 04:48 - Jun 8 with 4042 viewsstainrods_elbow

I'm thinking, e.g.

1. Tony Currie
2. Mark Falco
3. John Spencer
4. Loic Remy
5. Djibril Cisse

The feelgood factor's back, so, feck FFP - don't you agree it's time for another? And, if so, who would you consider (unrealistically but tearing-up the-Champishly)?

Danny Ings?
Aleksandr Mitrovic?
The Terror Bat?

I'll get me meds.
[Post edited 8 Jun 4:53]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 04:51 - Jun 8 with 2367 viewsnumptydumpty

Royston Wegerle

Darren Peacock

Trevor Francis

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 07:00 - Jun 8 with 2268 viewsGloucs_R

Charlie Austin

Poll: Are we staying up?

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 07:19 - Jun 8 with 2248 viewsmacclesfieldman

Darren Peacock from Hereford was a great signing but hardly "marque"

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 07:21 - Jun 8 with 2245 viewsmacclesfieldman

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 07:19 - Jun 8 by macclesfieldman

Kenny Sansom was positive. A lot of failedmarque signings, Joey Barton, SWP, Ceasar, Rio Ferdinand to name a few

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 08:08 - Jun 8 with 2166 viewsnumptydumpty

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 07:19 - Jun 8 by macclesfieldman

Agree - didnt read the thread title closely

Ok

Switch to the best marquee signing ever, which at the time due to his Chelsea connections i was unsure on

The late great Ray Wilkins

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 08:23 - Jun 8 with 2148 viewsQPsyR

The Number 1 Always is
Terry Venables

Terry Venables Blue & White Army Terry Venables Blue & White Army Terry Venables Blue & White Army Terry Venables Blue & White Army Terry Venables Blue & White Army
Terry Venables Blue & White Army Terry Venables Blue & White Army

Neil Warnock xxx
Too many lemons taking too many Liberties disrespecting Neil
[Post edited 10 Jun 10:30]

FKA AcidPixie

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 08:33 - Jun 8 with 2131 viewsDWQPR

Under Bulstrode we made a number of signings including Colin Clarke, Andy Sinton, Kenny Samson and possibly Trevor Francis which certainly signalled intent for the club at the time, then he had one session too much with Pearl.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 08:57 - Jun 8 with 2089 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Some people's 'marquees' are another person's washed out tent in Skegness! Not sure I agree with definitions of success either.

However, it's hard to look beyond Tony Currie as being the best example of a true marquee signing of the time, and a success too!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 09:03 - Jun 8 with 2075 viewspaulparker

Was Falco a signing with intent ?
I seem to remember us resurrecting his career after Rangers and Watford

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 09:30 - Jun 8 with 2029 viewsloftboy

Jan Stejskal

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 09:48 - Jun 8 with 2003 viewsQPR_Jim

Adel Taarabt gets my vote. Was on loan prior to signing permanently, was a highly thought of prospect who instantly turned into one of the best players in the championship and was often the driving force for the team that won us the league.
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 09:53 - Jun 8 with 1995 viewsRangersDave

Stan Bowles

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 09:57 - Jun 8 with 1988 viewsTomS

Marquee signing eh?

Lee Camp.
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 10:02 - Jun 8 with 1978 viewsterryb

Terry Venables, Dave Thomas, Frank McLintock & Ray Wilkins for definite.

I would also include Rodney Marsh & Stan Bowles, but I'm not certain that they were regarded as "marquee" at the time. Within a month of signing they were though!
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 10:36 - Jun 8 with 1934 viewsHAYESBOY

Chris Samba £12.5m.

Smells like a trout farm in here

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 11:24 - Jun 8 with 1870 viewsperpignanR

Les Allen.
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 13:33 - Jun 8 with 1754 viewsCamberleyR

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 04:51 - Jun 8 by numptydumpty

Royston Wegerle

Darren Peacock

Trevor Francis

I wouldn't have called signing Darren Peacock from fourth division Hereford a marquee signing unless you mean Gavin?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 13:37 - Jun 8 with 1744 viewsCamberleyR

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 09:53 - Jun 8 by RangersDave

Stan Bowles

?

Stan was hardly known then, he was just starting to get noticed but he was playing in the second division at a fairly remote outpost like Carlisle.

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 13:47 - Jun 8 with 1711 viewscharmr

Dave Thomas
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 13:49 - Jun 8 with 1709 viewsCamberleyR

Terry Venables
Frank McLintock
John Hollins
David Seaman. Was considered at the time one of the country's hottest prospects with a few teams after him.
I'd also put the re-signing of Clive Allen from Palace in 1981 as fairly marquee.

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 13:58 - Jun 8 with 1693 viewsNed_Kennedys

Rio Ferdinand and Park Ji-Sung were definitely marquee signings at the time.
Both were well past their best though.
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 14:22 - Jun 8 with 1665 viewsCateLeBonR

John Gregory? He was an established First Division Player when he dropped down to sign for us I think. Here he is talking about it. He also mentions Simon Stainrod who came to us for about £300,000 from Oldham.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=326098613615093
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 12:47 - Jun 9 with 1410 viewsDannyPaddox

Marquee Hately. The statement of intent being, “we’re going down”
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 13:13 - Jun 9 with 1367 viewslassel

Ledesma
'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 14:51 - Jun 9 with 1278 viewsnumptydumpty

'Marquee' Rs signings who were (successful) 'statements of intent' on 13:33 - Jun 8 by CamberleyR

I wouldn't have called signing Darren Peacock from fourth division Hereford a marquee signing unless you mean Gavin?

I replied to this being pointed out earlier if you read the thread through

I misread the thread title and saw it as just great signings.

I replaced Darren Peacock with Ray Wilkins as well.

But thanks for pointing out my dumb assed ness again. Glad I am keeping you on your toes !!! 🤣

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024