Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers 10:16 - Jun 14 with 1374 viewsnumptydumpty

Feel if the boy has anything Rayan Kolli - this could be his year to step up.

Appreciate he is very young and realistically needs a loan but as with Sinclair last season he wasn't afforded the opportunity to go out on loan, due to our lack of resources available in the centre forward position.

With Sinclair, Lyndon and Frey all more than likely to be here , next season, can't see any of these three improving much.

Kolli is reasonably untested but promise is a wonderful thing.

It's sad really that we are in this position currently with our attacking positions but this is as it is at the moment.

Would we be able to offload one of the other three - potentially but unlikely I feel.

Hope we could and bring at least one and preferably two more options in the forward positions.

God knows where from though. Its the eternal holy grail that seems ever elusive.

I do sincerely hope we are not starting with Dykes, Armstrong, Frey and Kolli as the four squad centre forwards but if we could unload one or two, anyone any ideas for our four main strikers next season ??

And no I am not working for the club because surely the club do have a scooby about what they need to - don't they ??

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Strikers on 10:46 - Jun 14 with 1279 viewsLogman

Let's not cast a mantle of gloom over the situation already. Don't forget that even if Dykes, Frey and Armstrong were not prolific last season we were maintaining play-off form with them for half the season. That is what counts. Sure, the former two are not predators but they press centre backs and enable our three no. 10's to get into goal-scoring positions. It matters not where the goals come from. Armstrong, when he came on in games did well.

If it is to be those three we have seen that Marti can find a way. So let's not consign them to the rubbish heap before the season has started.
[Post edited 14 Jun 10:49]
Strikers on 11:37 - Jun 14 with 1139 viewsMrSheen

For a skinny young kid he wins a lot of headers. He’s only going to get stronger.
Strikers on 12:21 - Jun 14 with 1036 viewswestberksr

Strikers on 11:37 - Jun 14 by MrSheen

For a skinny young kid he wins a lot of headers. He’s only going to get stronger.

injury came at a really bad time as he actually looked like he'd add something to the team with his general play
Strikers on 12:25 - Jun 14 with 1012 viewsdmm

I'm not sure Kolli is a striker. He's more a no 10 or wide left of a front 3 which is where he's played for the Dev Squad. I'd like to see him get a good half season loan out and see where that takes him.
Strikers on 16:47 - Jun 14 with 725 viewsLazyFan

It looks quality to me; he should have scored at Southhampton. He will learn from that, and next time, he will score from a similar chance.

I say loan him out to an L1 club at the bottom end and see if he can do an Eze/Chair down there. Forwards to lower league clubs tend to come and get some minutes, at least with struggling teams. We can see if his body can take it, as I think he has a suspect injury record as well.

QPR should only loan him until January, as I feel this kid could be a real talent. If he does well, we want him back by January. If not, renew the loan and see how he goes.

zzzzzzzzzz

Strikers on 17:05 - Jun 14 with 681 viewsLblock

He will be a player

I’m sure of this

I’d agree not an out and out striker but another 10 type

Personally I’d keep him rather than loan out but depends if Marti sees him getting in matchday squad

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Strikers on 17:09 - Jun 14 with 670 viewsqueensparker

Hard to know what to make of Kolli, as most of his games were under Ainsworth where he came on to replace a number 9 and then we just hoofed it at him aimlessly. That's clearly not his game.

The last game I think before he disappeared injured he put in an amazing cross for a goal which is the only real contribution I remember him making, other than straight into the top ten best QPR haircuts.

Hope he comes good but we really can't go into another season with Dykes, Kolli and Armstrong up front.
Strikers on 17:36 - Jun 14 with 619 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Strikers on 16:47 - Jun 14 by LazyFan

It looks quality to me; he should have scored at Southhampton. He will learn from that, and next time, he will score from a similar chance.

I say loan him out to an L1 club at the bottom end and see if he can do an Eze/Chair down there. Forwards to lower league clubs tend to come and get some minutes, at least with struggling teams. We can see if his body can take it, as I think he has a suspect injury record as well.

QPR should only loan him until January, as I feel this kid could be a real talent. If he does well, we want him back by January. If not, renew the loan and see how he goes.

He also should have put one away at home to Blackburn.

But what little I've seen of him, I've been saying I'd put my eggs in his basket, as opposed to the big lad's.

Certainly agree a loan to a good L1 club would be an excellent idea.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on 17:54 - Jun 14 with 569 viewsdavman

He HAS to go on loan. Just like Sinclair should have last season. Without a doubt that model is the right one for kids like this and it is an utter travesty and a dereliction of our previous regime's duty that they HAD to stay around as there was no-one else.

He will not be a regular this season and is not ready for the rough and tumble of the Championship. If he is as good as many of you seem to think that he is, it is to a L1 club; I think L2 will be his level. If he is pulling up trees, a break in January should be included, but I see him staying out for the season.

This HAS to be the model for our kids.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Strikers on 18:04 - Jun 14 with 543 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Strikers on 17:54 - Jun 14 by davman

He HAS to go on loan. Just like Sinclair should have last season. Without a doubt that model is the right one for kids like this and it is an utter travesty and a dereliction of our previous regime's duty that they HAD to stay around as there was no-one else.

He will not be a regular this season and is not ready for the rough and tumble of the Championship. If he is as good as many of you seem to think that he is, it is to a L1 club; I think L2 will be his level. If he is pulling up trees, a break in January should be included, but I see him staying out for the season.

This HAS to be the model for our kids.

You can tell a lot by where our yoof go out on loan to.

It would be good if we could start getting lads in that L1 sides are chasing as opposed to clubs in leagues too far below that. Kolli going to a promotion chasing side that play a bit would be excellent news.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024