Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF on Twitter 13:59 - Jul 6 with 11668 viewshoopstilidie

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes
Excellent stadium meeting. Wow. Looks great. Going to make big announcment. Hopefully see amit in a few hours to brief him. Wow

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

TF on Twitter on 21:47 - Jul 6 with 1073 viewsKingshillJr

I think the Red Bull Arena in Salzburg is the direction we should be looking in. Not a bowl, close to the pitch, two tiered (if we shared with wasps or similiar to only open the bottom tier) an unusual shape so will stand out from other british grounds, and a similar capacity to what we would need (30,000 or so)
TF on Twitter on 21:58 - Jul 6 with 1018 viewsfLaMeBoY

TF on Twitter on 20:17 - Jul 6 by YorkRanger

Some great posts. I've been going to LR since 74 and will miss it immensely when we leave. However I want the club to again become the force that it was in the 70s and whilst we may never compete with the Liverpools, Arsenals etc of this world we need to give ourselves a better chance to compete with Villa, Everton, West Ham, etc and a new stadium is a must.

I understand Clive's points but the fact remains that the infrastructure at LR cannot cope with crowds of 17,000+ (toilets and refreshments particularly). Additionally it becomes a matter of economics. TF has bankrolled things so far but he is a businessman and that is not a viable long term scenario, we have to give ourselves a chance to become more self-sufficient (one day).

So QPR competing in the Premiership for me and I'll embrace a new stadium with open arms (hoping so much that the lessons of Coventry etc are taken on board). I'll shed a tear with everyone else on that final day at LR....

Spot on.
TF on Twitter on 21:59 - Jul 6 with 1004 viewsWeAreQPR12

TF on Twitter on 21:47 - Jul 6 by KingshillJr

I think the Red Bull Arena in Salzburg is the direction we should be looking in. Not a bowl, close to the pitch, two tiered (if we shared with wasps or similiar to only open the bottom tier) an unusual shape so will stand out from other british grounds, and a similar capacity to what we would need (30,000 or so)

Share with wasps? Did they not fuc k up the pitch enough 4 u 1st time?
TF on Twitter on 22:06 - Jul 6 with 980 viewsKingshillJr

TF on Twitter on 21:59 - Jul 6 by WeAreQPR12

Share with wasps? Did they not fuc k up the pitch enough 4 u 1st time?

They would f*ck it up less than digging it up for the 'extra purposes' like concerts that PB is so eager for...
TF on Twitter on 22:08 - Jul 6 with 970 viewsGloucs_R

TF on Twitter on 21:47 - Jul 6 by KingshillJr

You mean...

Poll: Are we staying up?

TF on Twitter on 22:11 - Jul 6 with 959 viewswombat

TF on Twitter on 22:06 - Jul 6 by KingshillJr

They would f*ck it up less than digging it up for the 'extra purposes' like concerts that PB is so eager for...

Not if the concerts are in the summer it wouldn't , plenty of money to me made from concerts , boxing , no problem at all with the stadium being used all years round , wembley arena is old and needs bulldozing, the 02 is to far away a nice new multi use stadium with decent transport links would do very well indeed

Poll: which is your favouite foot

TF on Twitter on 22:13 - Jul 6 with 946 viewsNorthernr

TF on Twitter on 22:08 - Jul 6 by Gloucs_R

You mean...

Slash 10 yards off the distance between the touchline and the first row, overhang the second tier by 15 rows, and you're nearly there.
TF on Twitter on 22:15 - Jul 6 with 935 viewsKingshillJr

TF on Twitter on 22:08 - Jul 6 by Gloucs_R

You mean...

I think that's the new york version, but its similar in size and looks
Login to get fewer ads

TF on Twitter on 22:17 - Jul 6 with 925 viewsGloucs_R

TF on Twitter on 22:13 - Jul 6 by Northernr

Slash 10 yards off the distance between the touchline and the first row, overhang the second tier by 15 rows, and you're nearly there.

Isnt there some stupid premiership rule that says you have to be x yards from the pitch for new stadiums?

Poll: Are we staying up?

TF on Twitter on 22:17 - Jul 6 with 922 viewsDylanP

To me there are two things at the heart of QPR the club -- the hooped shirts and Loftus Road. Moving away from Loftus Road will be devastating. To me that place is holy ground and I just don't think it'll be the same. That isn't to say I wont be a fan, I'll just always look back and miss the Loftus Road.

Having said that, I won't miss the legroom (or lack of legroom). It'll be nice to be able to sit facing the ground without having my knees folded off to the side, taking a little bit of someone else's space.That ridge you get in your knee where its been pressed up against the seat infront aches after a while. If they can keep the atmosphere while giving us enough legroom it'll be a miracle.

I understand it is necessary in a business-like, logical, rational way. And I don't resent/hold-it-against anyone because of it. I just think that QPR without Loftus Road will take a lot of getting used to.

In the end -- I don't want it to happen but if and when it does, I suppose it'll be for the best and so I suppose its a good (-ish) thing

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

TF on Twitter on 22:33 - Jul 6 with 885 viewsstansleftfoot

What an extraordinary idea that QPR should play in a Stadium like that....amazing! I'm hardly dealing with the memories of Loftus Road from 1968 to 2012 without a tear or a tug in my heart, the thought that this is likely, or something like it is amazing....respect to Amit Bhattia and secondarily to TF and his partners....
i'm joining them on their journey without any doubts, regardless......we've been successful on the pitch at LR before but other than JG nobody has taken this chance....this is a very special Football Club....not sure the ground really matters...Celebrate it, don't fear it! New Stadium and maybe a new centre forward.....Look Out!
TF on Twitter on 22:48 - Jul 6 with 857 viewsTacticalR

That New York Red Bull stadium looks excellent.

Air hostess clique

TF on Twitter on 23:01 - Jul 6 with 830 viewsjo_qpr63

My dog is called Loftus, got him round the same time as our promotion, pleased i diddnt call him Warnock!
It seems its happening all too quickly but i suppose in reality its been happening since Briatore took over 5-6 years ago. QPR are on the up and the only way to keep it going and not fall back down is to do what we are doing. Its what we cheer our club on for..Success and winning football matches, and i suppose this is the result of success and winning(just!).
The atmosphere and noise at Loftus road is partly down to size,shape and design, i think the big steel roof facia around the ground has something to do with sound when the crowd give it some noise and probably cant be recreated the same as. If we want to compete at this level its has to be done. Just feels like we're putting down the old pet dog.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
TF on Twitter on 23:17 - Jul 6 with 778 viewsNordicR

I don't like what Red Bull did to the club, but the arena looks great.
http://www.stadiumguide.com/stadionsalzburg/
TF on Twitter on 23:45 - Jul 6 with 723 viewsjc_hoops

TBH when we left london for Aus, me and the family had our last game at LR on a cold clear january night, and I remember well just going up to the lower loft and taking some pictures while a few players were warming down on the pitch and the place empty....but that was then and this is now!!

I have been going there since the 60's and lived just down the road, but if we are to progress, not only stay in the prem, but get up with the big boys then this has to happen.

A ground close to the A40 flyover - how much advertising revenue would that make? Chuck in a goood members bar, and some community stuff, blimy with what has happened around the Bush with all the development, this place will make a killing.

As for attraching tourests, well we are in london and in the prem, that's the way it will go, but the surrounding area is still very much working class with plenty of council housing estates, our fanbase will still be very much "working class".

As for outside the UK, what has been nice since I left is that the average punter now knows who QPR are. We are going in the right direction people and this is just one of the stepping stones we have to make to get there.

LR has played it's part and seen many great times but like any child leaving home for the big wide world, we as a club now have to do the same - wow

To the board - I salute you
TF on Twitter on 00:07 - Jul 7 with 693 viewswestolian

TF on Twitter on 15:30 - Jul 6 by Charlie1

We did.

We let Westy sit with us last season!

Oh, you fkcin tosser !!

Well that's it, I'm gonna stand with Sharpy at the top of the seated area smoking in the no smoking area - even though I don't smoke

Have that !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

TF on Twitter on 00:17 - Jul 7 with 679 viewsted_hendrix

TF on Twitter on 15:38 - Jul 6 by Trance_Trousers

Dave, i think to a man we all agree we need to move.But it`s like your best mate saying to you i`m off to live in OZ.Don`t seem real until the day comes around then you start getting all emotional.Would`t happen to me though, i ain`t got no friends.

You cut me deep Trousers, cut me deep.

I thought we were friends

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

TF on Twitter on 00:23 - Jul 7 with 671 viewsTrance_Trousers

Just trying to get a bit of sympathy from Dave and a all day wedding invite, not sure it worked.

On that note, not sure we`re be seeing much of Ade that day.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

TF on Twitter on 00:26 - Jul 7 with 665 viewsted_hendrix

TF on Twitter on 00:23 - Jul 7 by Trance_Trousers

Just trying to get a bit of sympathy from Dave and a all day wedding invite, not sure it worked.

On that note, not sure we`re be seeing much of Ade that day.

Wedding?

TF on Twitter on 00:30 - Jul 7 with 662 viewsTrance_Trousers

Yeah, err, nice weather we`re having don`t you think.

TF on Twitter on 00:31 - Jul 7 with 656 viewsted_hendrix

TF on Twitter on 00:30 - Jul 7 by Trance_Trousers

Yeah, err, nice weather we`re having don`t you think.

I'll get you on the list.

TF on Twitter on 00:35 - Jul 7 with 650 viewsTrance_Trousers

Sweet.

Top table ?

Anyway.What do you reckon to all this new ground malarky then ?

TF on Twitter on 00:36 - Jul 7 with 650 viewsNorthernr

TF on Twitter on 22:17 - Jul 6 by Gloucs_R

Isnt there some stupid premiership rule that says you have to be x yards from the pitch for new stadiums?

Yes I believe so, Neil SI told me about it last year. In fact, coincidentally, he told me about it roughly 2 minutes before I adopted my current stubborn position that we should stay exactly where we are and fck everything else. Health and safety my ars.

Of course if we do stay, no doubt in 5 years they'll impose the laws on us anyway and force us to destroy the first five rows of seats right around our ground and reduce us to 15,500.

I wonder how many footballers have been killed or injured by the close proximity of Loftus Road to the pitch?
TF on Twitter on 00:44 - Jul 7 with 632 viewsGloryHunter

"I wonder how many footballers have been killed or injured by the close proximity of Loftus Road to the pitch?"

Several of them have "died", in the theatrical sense. The most notable recently being Juan Mata, of course.
TF on Twitter on 00:47 - Jul 7 with 631 viewsted_hendrix

TF on Twitter on 00:35 - Jul 7 by Trance_Trousers

Sweet.

Top table ?

Anyway.What do you reckon to all this new ground malarky then ?

Being a realist It's got to happen.

The costs though to have It built in West London are going to be bloody huge, that's what concerns me.

If people actually knew the costs of putting a scheme together they would shit themselves and I'm not kidding, I don't wan't to piss on anyones fire about a new ground but the cost of running QPR at the moment worries me, that and the fact that us winning our last 5 home games last season kept us up, the goals, the incredible atmosphere at LR during those last 5 games, I dunno mate that special LR atmosphere will be lost forever.

What do I know?

lol

Have a good one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024