Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium. 18:04 - Aug 9 with 131961 viewsted_hendrix

That's where our new ground will be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 01:16 - Jul 21 with 2992 viewskensalriser

Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:44 - Jul 20 by QPRConor2000

What about that land next door to North Action train station? its being used by HS2, but I suspect once phase 1 is done, it could become available for relatively cheap as they would have no need for it once its done.

Its an 8.5 acre site and its only 1.5miles away from Loftus Road, so surely its worth considering?
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 17:45]

Good shout, but I bet that site is already earmarked for retail space adjacent to the new Old Oak station.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 07:14 - Jul 21 with 2828 viewsNorthernr

Linford Christie Stadium. on 00:35 - Jul 21 by Loyalitat

Totally agree. It's a non-starter.

There's no chance that the residents would ever allow ground expansion in that area for rugby union, let alone for association football.

Went there regularly when London Broncos were based there, they weren't overly receptive to rugby league being played there.

On the other hand, having The Drayton as a matchday pub is something I could get on board with.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 07:34 - Jul 21 with 2764 viewsHastings_Hoops

Linford Christie Stadium. on 00:12 - Jul 21 by loftupper

I fear that the biggest reason for not looking at upgrading Loftus Road is the fact that it would never produce a return on the investment required.

Just don't understand why the club continually get it so wrong when dealing with H&F Council. Seems to be a common misconception that all negotiations require playing hard ball.

I think there’s a pre-occupation with needing 365 day use (eg; a live music venue tied into the new ground, which frankly is quite deluded - because of course there’s not enough music venues in and around W12 already).

Imagine if Loftus Road was updated as a football stadium (with decent hospitality, match day concessions and lettable mid-week conference space) back in 2011 when the new owners came in, one would imagine that the club would be close to the ROI by now both directly and indirectly.

…procrastination is the enemy of progress.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 7:37]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 08:33 - Jul 21 with 2700 viewsdmm

Somewhere on LfW, probably in this thread, we have one of the Brentford posters explaining why, with their new stadium, they didn't include conference facilities because London already has an excess of that kind of space already. That makes perfect sense to me.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 08:37 - Jul 21 with 2677 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Linford Christie Stadium. on 08:33 - Jul 21 by dmm

Somewhere on LfW, probably in this thread, we have one of the Brentford posters explaining why, with their new stadium, they didn't include conference facilities because London already has an excess of that kind of space already. That makes perfect sense to me.

Or because they don't have the space, maybe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:08 - Jul 21 with 2619 viewsjoe90

We need to stop dreaming about:

A: Building a stadium that will generate money outside of match day
B: Significant redevelopment of Loftus Road

What we need from a new ground is reduced overheads and increased match day revenue. Those two points are both possible.

The main issue is finding a location. Ideally we want to stay in and around the W12 area. That seems like a pipe dream at the moment.

The less attractive and sadly most likely option is moving to a new location on the western outskirts of London. My fear is that we do that and build a Madejski style stadium in a soulless area. I love QPR but I don’t know if I love them that much. Being in W12 and what that adds to the match day experience and the identity of the club is all part of what I love about going to QPR. Take that away and what have you got?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 11:27]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:35 - Jul 21 with 2516 viewsJuzzie

Rather than getting bogged down with stressfully trying to find a multitude of ways of generating non match day revenue, how about football just pay the fu(kers less money?

Sorry, but they are paid way, way too much (and this whole 'short career' is irrelevant)
Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:24 - Jul 21 with 2439 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:08 - Jul 21 by joe90

We need to stop dreaming about:

A: Building a stadium that will generate money outside of match day
B: Significant redevelopment of Loftus Road

What we need from a new ground is reduced overheads and increased match day revenue. Those two points are both possible.

The main issue is finding a location. Ideally we want to stay in and around the W12 area. That seems like a pipe dream at the moment.

The less attractive and sadly most likely option is moving to a new location on the western outskirts of London. My fear is that we do that and build a Madejski style stadium in a soulless area. I love QPR but I don’t know if I love them that much. Being in W12 and what that adds to the match day experience and the identity of the club is all part of what I love about going to QPR. Take that away and what have you got?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 11:27]

From the last update on LCS, they are now seriously considering redoing the athletics track, building a new lido, a new stand and new changing facilities, but there is no room for QPR, btw this is from March 2023, so very recent.

I do wonder if the club have already accepted that we are not going to get that site, and have withdrawn their interest.

https://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/#!pages/shepherdsbushw12:info:ldrslinfordchrist
Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:51 - Jul 21 with 2336 viewsRs_Holy

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:24 - Jul 21 by QPRConor2000

From the last update on LCS, they are now seriously considering redoing the athletics track, building a new lido, a new stand and new changing facilities, but there is no room for QPR, btw this is from March 2023, so very recent.

I do wonder if the club have already accepted that we are not going to get that site, and have withdrawn their interest.

https://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/#!pages/shepherdsbushw12:info:ldrslinfordchrist

Yep... seems H&F see us as the black sheep of the of the football club family...

Looking at Google maps and scratching around for suitable bits of land as close to Hammersmith as poss ... it’s quite tricky finding something that ticks all the boxes.
And then you scan back, and Wormwood Scrubs slaps you in the face... Its MASSIVE compared to everything else nearby. It would accommodate the Wembley Stadium footprint several times over, and yet H&F deem it unsuitable for a 25,000ish football stadium. Even Little Wormwood Scrubs is a big enough chunk of land (used predominantly only for picnics and dog walking). Stick the stadium in the top left-hand corner next to the industrial units and well away from the flats on Sutton Way. You could even retain a big enough open space to accommodate the dog walking/ picnic loving fraternity....
I think if H&F were receptive to a move for QPR they could find a way…. I’m not holding my breath.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:52 - Jul 21 with 2330 viewsQPRConor2000

I wonder if the club has looked at the Old Ski Slope in Hillingdon?

Its right next to the A40 and you have two tube stations nearby so there is easy access to get there.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:02 - Jul 21 with 2271 viewsHoopsie

Has the club explore any sites in Ealing or Brent? These boroughs might be keen to work with QPR as been shown with Ealing being quite supportive of us on Warren Farm.

Hammersmith and Fulham having 3 big clubs in a borough is quite unique in London. At this moment in time, we appear to be the “third” club.

Perhaps even Hounslow as we have Heston there, but that would make us west of Brentford.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:14 - Jul 21 with 2229 viewsBostonR

It's incredible when you listen to some of these local groups. Where on earth do they think they are going to get the substantial funding to re-build, refurbish and install an outside swimming pool? Certainly not from H&F who like most local authorities have very little investment funds.
I have been involved in global real-estate re-investment for over 40yrs and generally money-talks. Clearly, any plans have to align with the local development plan and R's are clearly in that proposal.
At a very basic level, either H&F are asking too much financially from the Board or the Board have neither shown their hand or may have refused to engage with H&F on those terms. Ruben's comment that they are hard to work with, would suggest H&F are asking too much from the Board.
What is not in doubt is that the R's Board are incredibly wealthy and this type of re-investment would not jolt them financially.
I think that we may turn to Hounslow who appear to have supported the development of the training ground at every step. Either H&F engage (and quickly) or the Board will walk and that is what I would advise them to do. Let's see how long H&F would take to re-engage.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:31 - Jul 21 with 2149 viewsjoe90

I can see why that is a more attractive proposal than building a new football stadium.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:36 - Jul 21 with 2124 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:14 - Jul 21 by BostonR

It's incredible when you listen to some of these local groups. Where on earth do they think they are going to get the substantial funding to re-build, refurbish and install an outside swimming pool? Certainly not from H&F who like most local authorities have very little investment funds.
I have been involved in global real-estate re-investment for over 40yrs and generally money-talks. Clearly, any plans have to align with the local development plan and R's are clearly in that proposal.
At a very basic level, either H&F are asking too much financially from the Board or the Board have neither shown their hand or may have refused to engage with H&F on those terms. Ruben's comment that they are hard to work with, would suggest H&F are asking too much from the Board.
What is not in doubt is that the R's Board are incredibly wealthy and this type of re-investment would not jolt them financially.
I think that we may turn to Hounslow who appear to have supported the development of the training ground at every step. Either H&F engage (and quickly) or the Board will walk and that is what I would advise them to do. Let's see how long H&F would take to re-engage.

I personally think the chances of us moving outside the borough are only increasing by the day.

I personally think a move to Ealing, Hillingdon, Acton or Hounslow is probably our best bet now.

I just think the club need to start being more transparent with the conversations they have had with the council, I will be submitting a FOI request shortly asking them to disclose any meetings they have had between them and the council and the minutes from those meetings.

I think the club needs to start actively putting out deadlines now or we will only be stuck in limbo.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:37 - Jul 21 with 2124 viewskernowhoop

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:52 - Jul 21 by QPRConor2000

Its right next to the A40 and you have two tube stations nearby so there is easy access to get there.

When we win the toss, we opt to play down towards the new loft end in the second half?
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:40 - Jul 21 with 2117 viewsDannyPaddox

Snow-Plough Lane?
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:48 - Jul 21 with 1955 viewsQPRConor2000

Has anyone actually wrote to the council with a FOI request or simply to write to the club requesting that they start putting deadlines down to the council.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:54 - Jul 21 with 1904 viewsizlingtonhoop

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:40 - Jul 21 by DannyPaddox

Snow-Plough Lane?

Don't know why someone down arrowed that.

It certainly gave me a lift...
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 12:55]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:17 - Jul 21 with 1828 viewsizlingtonhoop

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:40 - Jul 21 by DannyPaddox

Snow-Plough Lane?

How about Mad J Stadium?

Once we've got rid of the ski.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:46 - Jul 21 with 1718 viewsRangersDave

pitch would be sloping mate!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:56 - Jul 21 with 1687 viewstoboboly

Would it be worth converting the School Lower into luxury boxes, the whole downstairs. We don't use it often and then suddenly you get a huge amount of corporate space/exec boxes which would bring loads of cash in and could be doubled as this much vaunted meeting space when games aren't on?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 16:22 - Jul 21 with 1618 viewsLanhoop

Have to agree with the position that there's not enough demand for event/conference facilities any more. I used to get multiple invites to multiple conferences every week pre-covid, now they are very rare. Apart from the biggest events everything is a now a webcast or zoom meeting. Last year, I did some work for a company that organises conferences and they were really struggling and having to save money and become more digital in their strategy.

Also, with the demand for commercial space down to 30% of what it was pre-covid and office space being converted to residential across most suburbs you'd have to be brave or crazy to invest in offices too.

Depending on the location, onsite retail and residential space are probably more complex to include but more likely to offer sensible investment opportunity.

Whatever happens and, wherever and whenever, it feels like it won't be in H&C. I think Brent or Ealing would be ok, Hillingdon or Hounslow feels like too much of a move for me.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 16:23 - Jul 21 with 4361 viewsCamberleyR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:56 - Jul 21 by toboboly

Would it be worth converting the School Lower into luxury boxes, the whole downstairs. We don't use it often and then suddenly you get a huge amount of corporate space/exec boxes which would bring loads of cash in and could be doubled as this much vaunted meeting space when games aren't on?

Maybe leave the school lower as is and have a double decker row of boxes above. I think you'd get a better view of the game than at pitch level.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 19:55 - Jul 21 with 4162 viewsQPRConor2000

I personally would look at remodelling the School End into a single tiered stand within the existing boundaries

You could do it by removing the concrete terracing units and the concourse in the upper tier, but you keep the lower tier concourse, the floodlights and the roof

In its place you would build a semi permanent seating structure internally, I think you could end up getting 3000 seats if we went down this route.

Furthermore, you could also add the option of making it flexible too as you would link up the Ellerslie Road and the SA road entrances and exits so you could ether split the stand down the middle or by a third, depending on away fans demand.

I think its worth perhaps considering.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 20:03 - Jul 21 with 4150 viewsSonofpugwash

Linford Christie Stadium. on 19:55 - Jul 21 by QPRConor2000

I personally would look at remodelling the School End into a single tiered stand within the existing boundaries

You could do it by removing the concrete terracing units and the concourse in the upper tier, but you keep the lower tier concourse, the floodlights and the roof

In its place you would build a semi permanent seating structure internally, I think you could end up getting 3000 seats if we went down this route.

Furthermore, you could also add the option of making it flexible too as you would link up the Ellerslie Road and the SA road entrances and exits so you could ether split the stand down the middle or by a third, depending on away fans demand.

I think its worth perhaps considering.

Where would the exits be?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024