Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium. 18:04 - Aug 9 with 131960 viewsted_hendrix

That's where our new ground will be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 21:10 - Jul 21 with 4076 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 20:03 - Jul 21 by Sonofpugwash

Where would the exits be?

The exits would be the ones on Ellerslie Road, as the staircase that leads up to the upper tier would no longer be there, as well as the existing lower tier exit on SA Road, next to the club shop.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 21:11]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 22:55 - Jul 21 with 3986 viewsHoopsie

With reference to my previous post of QPR being the third club in L&F, under the H&F Local Plan planning guidelines - Appendix 3 - Open Space Hierarchy - outdoor sporting facilities :

OS40 Chelsea FC, Stamford Bridge
OS41 Fulham FC, Stevenage Road

OS45 Queens Park Rangers FC, Loftus Road
- end of list*

The Hurlingham Club Grounds, Parsons Green Club and Queens Club ( these occupy the triple … lines) are ranked higher in terms of importance to the council than Loftus Road

* Loftus Road is last entry in the list of Open Space Hierarchy. Interestingly, the first ranked open space is Wormwood Scrubs which is designated a Metropolitan Open Land, which is actually the site of the Linford Christie Stadium (plus open ground to the east). The whole of Wormwood Scrubs Park is also under the Old Oak & Park Royal Development Corporation Area, if I am reading the planning maps correctly.

From the council statement, “On Wormwood Scrubs, now in the Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation, there is also a designated local nature reserve. The NPPF (national planning policy framework) allows for communities to identify green areas of particular local significance and value for designation as Local Green Space”

Pertaining to Linford Christie, the Council will be “seeking improvements to existing open space and the facilities within them, such as Linford Christie Stadium, where appropriate and when development proposals impact upon provision”

It does not specifically states a new 30,000 stadium for LC for example but is rather open to development that abide by its general provisions to “reduce open space deficiency and will protect and enhance the quality of, and access, to existing open space”.

What does it all means? I don’t really know except that the council is not supportive of a redevelopment of LR (new 20,000+ stadium with increase heights and massing so on and so forth) as the area is proposed for residential led development with the retaining of significant open space for community use in a regeneration area (white city)

And with regards to LCS, the council is not specific about what development (athletic track, 20-30k stadium etc) but set out general provisions to guide them on merits of any development plans put forth. Being a metropolitan open land (MOL) I think the council will have final say on the suitability of the proposals?

As with Old Oak, I suppose the club expects the Council to gift the site to them (for free or a pittance?) and so in funding the stadium and surrounding works (a new athletic track?) with most of their own money thinking the club gift the council a much improved public leisure space? I am just guessing but it could be something bigger that broke down communication on both sides.

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 23:30 - Jul 21 with 3929 viewsQPR_Jim

Linford Christie Stadium. on 22:55 - Jul 21 by Hoopsie

With reference to my previous post of QPR being the third club in L&F, under the H&F Local Plan planning guidelines - Appendix 3 - Open Space Hierarchy - outdoor sporting facilities :

- end of list*

The Hurlingham Club Grounds, Parsons Green Club and Queens Club ( these occupy the triple … lines) are ranked higher in terms of importance to the council than Loftus Road

* Loftus Road is last entry in the list of Open Space Hierarchy. Interestingly, the first ranked open space is Wormwood Scrubs which is designated a Metropolitan Open Land, which is actually the site of the Linford Christie Stadium (plus open ground to the east). The whole of Wormwood Scrubs Park is also under the Old Oak & Park Royal Development Corporation Area, if I am reading the planning maps correctly.

From the council statement, “On Wormwood Scrubs, now in the Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation, there is also a designated local nature reserve. The NPPF (national planning policy framework) allows for communities to identify green areas of particular local significance and value for designation as Local Green Space”

Pertaining to Linford Christie, the Council will be “seeking improvements to existing open space and the facilities within them, such as Linford Christie Stadium, where appropriate and when development proposals impact upon provision”

It does not specifically states a new 30,000 stadium for LC for example but is rather open to development that abide by its general provisions to “reduce open space deficiency and will protect and enhance the quality of, and access, to existing open space”.

What does it all means? I don’t really know except that the council is not supportive of a redevelopment of LR (new 20,000+ stadium with increase heights and massing so on and so forth) as the area is proposed for residential led development with the retaining of significant open space for community use in a regeneration area (white city)

And with regards to LCS, the council is not specific about what development (athletic track, 20-30k stadium etc) but set out general provisions to guide them on merits of any development plans put forth. Being a metropolitan open land (MOL) I think the council will have final say on the suitability of the proposals?

As with Old Oak, I suppose the club expects the Council to gift the site to them (for free or a pittance?) and so in funding the stadium and surrounding works (a new athletic track?) with most of their own money thinking the club gift the council a much improved public leisure space? I am just guessing but it could be something bigger that broke down communication on both sides.

The last bit about ownership I think that's what the key issue is at the Linford Christie Stadium.

Club would want a long lease like the warren farm set up where they build the stadium for private use tailored to QPR and provide some community use (although at LC there would be limited space for much else)

I think it was reported that the council wanted QPR as a tenant which means some council built stadium, probably with a running track, certainly adding a rent to our FFP calculations. Completely unviable to anyone with a working knowledge of how FFP works and how we need control to generate non-matchday revenues etc so obviously what the council are trying to force. Hence the council framing the long lease with QPR giving some community function as giving land away to rich owners rather than securing the future of a community asset.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 02:04 - Jul 22 with 3823 viewsHoopsie

I really hope the owners do a “Heston” on the stadium, suddenly they bought the land some where close by to LR out of no where. I think a lot of us were taken by surprise after a decade slog with no end result on Warren Farm, then Heston happened. We own and not a lease that would be WF.

My wishful thinking. 💭

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:25 - Jul 22 with 3582 viewsBostonR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 23:30 - Jul 21 by QPR_Jim

The last bit about ownership I think that's what the key issue is at the Linford Christie Stadium.

Club would want a long lease like the warren farm set up where they build the stadium for private use tailored to QPR and provide some community use (although at LC there would be limited space for much else)

I think it was reported that the council wanted QPR as a tenant which means some council built stadium, probably with a running track, certainly adding a rent to our FFP calculations. Completely unviable to anyone with a working knowledge of how FFP works and how we need control to generate non-matchday revenues etc so obviously what the council are trying to force. Hence the council framing the long lease with QPR giving some community function as giving land away to rich owners rather than securing the future of a community asset.

Herein lies the conundrum for H&F. They do not have the capital to invest in re-building and managing a new LCS and the associated facilities. The owners do and I suspect the council do not like that position. As with most public services, councillors and their officers like to be in charge, particularly planning officers.
To speculate, I would wager that the club has produced proof of funds (confidentially) as well as top-level proposals on development, design, environmental support and local amenities. The Council have obviously not privately reacted nor consulted with interested parties hence Rubén’s frustration.
What I find hard to understand is that whole area is currently one huge development that includes HS2, new high-end residential units and now the proposed massive redevelopment of the gas works in Ladbroke Grove. The timing for a LCS is perfect.
So, in summary I would say H&F are certainly not working with the club, the club has probably slapped money on the table but I cannot work out why it has stalled. Certainly both sides have signed confidentiality agreements hence the silence.
You cannot blame Ruben if he walks away and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s talking to Hounslow about a prospective development in that borough.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:47 - Jul 22 with 3434 viewsHaslingtonR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 22:55 - Jul 21 by Hoopsie

- end of list*

Alphabetical order?
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:27 - Jul 22 with 3356 viewsHoopsie

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:47 - Jul 22 by HaslingtonR

Alphabetical order?

Good pick, you are quite right

Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:19 - Jul 22 with 3282 viewsEsox_Lucius

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:27 - Jul 22 by Hoopsie

Good pick, you are quite right

Shouldn't Wormwood Scrubs be last in the list then?

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:42 - Jul 22 with 3224 viewsHoopsie

Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:19 - Jul 22 by Esox_Lucius

Shouldn't Wormwood Scrubs be last in the list then?

“Open Space Hierarchy” are listed in sub categories;
- metropolitan parks
- district parks
- local parks
- small local parks and open spaces
- small open spaces adjoining places of worship
- allotments
- school playing fields
- outdoor sporting facilities

Each given a designation “OS” follows by numerical numbering, wormwood scrubs being the only metropolitan park SO1 right down to QPR Loftus road OS45, and indeed goes by alphabetical order in each sub category

Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:50 - Jul 22 with 3197 viewsCateLeBonR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:47 - Jul 22 by HaslingtonR

Alphabetical order?

So we need to change our name to get a new ground?

Ok I’ll start. Brondesbury Park Rangers.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 18:53 - Jul 22 with 2989 viewsslmrstid

Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:50 - Jul 22 by CateLeBonR

So we need to change our name to get a new ground?

Ok I’ll start. Brondesbury Park Rangers.

Aacton Park Rangers, surely? No-one can beat the double A!
Linford Christie Stadium. on 22:28 - Jul 22 with 2761 viewsQPR_Jim

Linford Christie Stadium. on 18:53 - Jul 22 by slmrstid

Aacton Park Rangers, surely? No-one can beat the double A!

Knowing our luck we'll end up with Wormholt Park Ranger's.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 23:55 - Jul 22 with 2646 viewsHoopsie

Reading the list it seems to suggest outdoor sporting facilities are given low priority perhaps due to the fact they are not public communal open spaces and not easily accessed? They will never convert an open green space like a local park to a football ground
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 6:01]

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:11 - Jul 23 with 2364 viewsQPRConor2000

I have written a freedom of infomation request to Hammersmith and Fulham Council and it reads as follows -:

Dear Whom it may concern.

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Conor Wells, and I am writing to request information under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I am interested in any meetings that have taken place between Queens Park Rangers (QPR) and Hammersmith and Fulham Council since January 2021 regarding a new stadium, as well as any minutes or records of these meetings.

The specific details I am seeking include, but are not limited to:

1. Dates and times of the meetings between QPR representatives and Hammersmith and Fulham Council officials or representatives.
2. Attendees present at each meeting, including their affiliations and roles.
3. Agendas and topics discussed during the meetings.
4. Minutes or any other written records produced as a result of these meetings.
5. Any agreements, contracts, or decisions made during the meetings.

I believe this information is of public interest, and it will help foster transparency and accountability in matters concerning the relationship between QPR and Hammersmith and Fulham Council.

To assist you with the processing of this request, I would like to specify that I am seeking information for the period starting from January 2021 up to the present date. If possible, I request that the information be provided in electronic format.

I understand that the Act requires a response within 20 working days, so I kindly request that you acknowledge the receipt of this email promptly.

Please consider this email as a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. If you require any further information or clarification to proceed with this request, please do not hesitate to contact me via this email address or the phone number provided below.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your timely response.

Kind Regards,
Conor Wells
Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:23 - Jul 23 with 2326 viewsQPR_John

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:11 - Jul 23 by QPRConor2000

I have written a freedom of infomation request to Hammersmith and Fulham Council and it reads as follows -:

Dear Whom it may concern.

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Conor Wells, and I am writing to request information under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I am interested in any meetings that have taken place between Queens Park Rangers (QPR) and Hammersmith and Fulham Council since January 2021 regarding a new stadium, as well as any minutes or records of these meetings.

The specific details I am seeking include, but are not limited to:

1. Dates and times of the meetings between QPR representatives and Hammersmith and Fulham Council officials or representatives.
2. Attendees present at each meeting, including their affiliations and roles.
3. Agendas and topics discussed during the meetings.
4. Minutes or any other written records produced as a result of these meetings.
5. Any agreements, contracts, or decisions made during the meetings.

I believe this information is of public interest, and it will help foster transparency and accountability in matters concerning the relationship between QPR and Hammersmith and Fulham Council.

To assist you with the processing of this request, I would like to specify that I am seeking information for the period starting from January 2021 up to the present date. If possible, I request that the information be provided in electronic format.

I understand that the Act requires a response within 20 working days, so I kindly request that you acknowledge the receipt of this email promptly.

Please consider this email as a formal request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. If you require any further information or clarification to proceed with this request, please do not hesitate to contact me via this email address or the phone number provided below.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your timely response.

Kind Regards,
Conor Wells

You will need full chapter and verse on the FIA as their first response will be your requests do not fall under the act. Bit like an insurance companies first reply to a claim.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 10:25]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:49 - Jul 23 with 2129 viewsQPRConor2000

I think our new ground will end up being in Ruislip or Greenford or around that area, im sure they will somewhere around there that the club could buy to build a new stadium apon.

Plus, I think its in an area where a lot of QPR fans live anyway so it would actually be decent.

I do actually wonder if the club are already looking for sites outside W12.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:53 - Jul 23 with 2114 viewsdutch

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:49 - Jul 23 by QPRConor2000

I think our new ground will end up being in Ruislip or Greenford or around that area, im sure they will somewhere around there that the club could buy to build a new stadium apon.

Plus, I think its in an area where a lot of QPR fans live anyway so it would actually be decent.

God I hope not. I support a London team not one in the boondocks. Have no idea how to get to Ruislip and don't want to find out. That would be like leaving Mayfair to live in Macclesfield. In W12 we stay. (O maybe W111. Or 10)
Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:31 - Jul 23 with 1999 viewsQPRConor2000

tbf the way its going im afraid it might be the only option.

We cant stay at Loftus Road forever, we have to move on if we want the club to be financially sustainable.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:56 - Jul 23 with 1965 viewsBoston

Linford Christie Stadium. on 20:03 - Jul 21 by Sonofpugwash

Where would the exits be?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 16:26 - Jul 23 with 1915 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:53 - Jul 23 by dutch

God I hope not. I support a London team not one in the boondocks. Have no idea how to get to Ruislip and don't want to find out. That would be like leaving Mayfair to live in Macclesfield. In W12 we stay. (O maybe W111. Or 10)

100%.

West London is R's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:23 - Jul 23 with 1796 viewsdutch

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:49 - Jul 23 by QPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:31 - Jul 23 with 1752 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:23 - Jul 23 by dutch

Double dutch?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:37 - Jul 23 with 6337 viewscolinallcars

We'd be banjaxed for pubs in Greenford and, I imagine Ruislip.
There was a debate a few pages about Hanwell. If we have to move, that would be better.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:57 - Jul 23 with 6287 viewsBucksRanger

Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:31 - Jul 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Double dutch?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:18 - Jul 24 with 5976 viewsHoopsie

Linford Christie Stadium. on 16:26 - Jul 23 by BrianMcCarthy

100%.

West London is R's.

Ruislip, Hanwell, Acton, Greenford are all west of London.

Besides Old Oak and LC stadium, which the club announced ahead of themselves of the supposed new home and now going no where with both, there isn’t a suitable site, is there?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024