Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the percentage of this forum..... 02:59 - Sep 8 with 9949 viewsPacal_Votan

..that are any good at actually playing the so called "beautiful" game???

I reckon aboot 12%.....!

I'd wager most on here would be suited to being cub scout leaders.

"Try the whine!!!"

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:42 - Sep 8 with 1847 viewsNorthernr

Neil SI won't say anything, but he's a damn good player, or at least he was before his knee fell apart. Now he just sort of stands at sweeper and sprays the ball around while organising other people to do his running for him. I've played in hour long six-a-side games with him that have finished 0-0.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:44 - Sep 8 with 1837 viewswestolian

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:42 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Neil SI won't say anything, but he's a damn good player, or at least he was before his knee fell apart. Now he just sort of stands at sweeper and sprays the ball around while organising other people to do his running for him. I've played in hour long six-a-side games with him that have finished 0-0.

In Italy ??????

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:45 - Sep 8 with 1833 viewsLewes_r

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:42 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Sounds like that game needed Rob Green to inject a little excitement into the affair

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:47 - Sep 8 with 1828 viewsHarlesdon

drink and drugs ruined my career
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:51 - Sep 8 with 1824 viewswestolian

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:47 - Sep 8 by Harlesdon

Yeh, but are you any good at soccer ?

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:52 - Sep 8 with 1819 viewsHarlesdon

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:51 - Sep 8 by westolian

shite
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:53 - Sep 8 with 1818 viewswestberksr

still dragging my sorry middle aged arse out twice a week for 8 & 6 a side. at 6'5" ideal for CB; never good, quick or nasty enough for higher levels. actually thought I got a bit better when I packed up 11's and played the smaller version; fianlly learnt to control and pass a ball (20 years too late)

used to play against Hayesboy back in the late 70's/80's, he could play a bit (before we all found the love of pies & beer!)

never gonna be 12%
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 13:08 - Sep 8 with 1808 viewsjamois

There were about 750 lads at my school. Of those I'd say about 600 were into football, playing and supporting teams. We had a 1st, 2nd and 3rd team. The 1st were good, some triallists in there, one that played for Crewe and one for Palace. Two players were particularly outstanding as I recall. I reckon I could say about 6 were really proper good players. So really we're looking at about 1%. I'd say a bog standard comprehensive is a pretty good sample so seems about right to me.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 13:33 - Sep 8 with 1795 viewsloftboy

Played centre back for my school, scored more own goals than Richard Dunne, played Sunday morning football in goal in the Bracknell Sunday league in the mid- late 80's, when I got married in 1991 became a referee in the west mid and chiswick leagues where the pinnacle of my career was chiswick and district referee of the year 2000, gave up about 5 years ago as my knees and ankles are shot to bits.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 13:36 - Sep 8 with 1794 viewsWeAreQPR12

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 13:33 - Sep 8 by loftboy

Played centre back for my school, scored more own goals than Richard Dunne, played Sunday morning football in goal in the Bracknell Sunday league in the mid- late 80's, when I got married in 1991 became a referee in the west mid and chiswick leagues where the pinnacle of my career was chiswick and district referee of the year 2000, gave up about 5 years ago as my knees and ankles are shot to bits.

fair play loft boy and you must have very thick skin. I reffed a friendly once and most of the guys were 40 plus. I got dogs abuse for the decisions I made and I knew it wasn't for me. Infact i'd say I got more abuse that day than my time spent over on fantasy island
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 13:50 - Sep 8 with 1782 viewsTheBlob

Was voted "Player most likely to" in 1968.

Then it all went bollock upwards.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 14:09 - Sep 8 with 1769 viewsHayesender

I used to try and play for The Goldsmith arms in Acton, while being shouted at by the legendary Neil Roberts (rip)

Poll: Shamima Beghum

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 14:35 - Sep 8 with 1760 viewsreal_loftus

Wasnt Scott Jones an England schoolboy?

ATAF.

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 14:40 - Sep 8 with 1756 viewsBklynRanger

Pacal doesn't deserve all your fine detailed replies - he probably wrote that when he was off his head on home made smack

I was fcuking rubbish and still am but I've got a brain like a Commodore 64
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 14:41 - Sep 8 with 1755 viewssmegma

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:47 - Sep 8 by Harlesdon

Nothing beats playing on a Sunday morning with a hangover from hell and still tripping from the previous night.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 15:15 - Sep 8 with 1679 viewsPacal_Votan

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 14:40 - Sep 8 by BklynRanger

Pacal doesn't deserve all your fine detailed replies - he probably wrote that when he was off his head on home made smack

I was fcuking rubbish and still am but I've got a brain like a Commodore 64

As if it was home made.

Really.

"Try the whine!!!"

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 15:37 - Sep 8 with 1667 viewswood_hoop

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:51 - Sep 8 by westolian

Interesting point made, much pontificating goes on day & night on this board about the game, do you have to have to have played at a decent level to truly understand the game ?

Played like many here at school up to district level and sun/sat leagues etc, coached and managed both kids and adult teams as well, gives you a good grounding in understanding the game if not always the technical abilities to go higher up the ladder.

The game is based nearly wholy on opinion from the top down, that's why there is so much discussion and differing opinions from the 'professional' managers selection and tactics most weeks.

Some players are stand out and selection is easy but taking the UK players only I would say that 12% is about how many are worth paying a wage, the rest are so medicore, lacking skills and brains that may even be generous, why else is someone like Carrol as an example,payed enormous amounts of money to play the game at the highest level and yet he clearly hasn't mastered some of even the basic skills, because at some point when he was a teenager a manager formed the opinion he had the talents worth paying for.

Its about luck, no doubt there are some who post on here who could have played at a higher level given the right coaching and with the right attitude, but then as the game in your formative years is also at a time when wine, women and song start to invade your life the distractions are pretty tough to ignore.

As for percentages, how many paid professionals are worth the mighty sums they command ?
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 15:45 - Sep 8 with 1666 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Played in goal for the county back in the 70's but my real claim to fame is being registered at the Guinness Book of Records for undoing the most womens bras in a minute (true). The end result beats any sport I can tell you.

Record was held by a German geezer (57 in a minute? can't be ar**d to check)

My PB was 39 probably because I was looking rather than unhooking!
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 16:19 - Sep 8 with 1645 viewscyprusmel

I played for Park Royal and played in and managed the team called Royal which went from the bottom league to the premier in succesive seasons. That was in the West Middlesex League, we used to play at Lord Halsburys, Northolt. It was a long long time ago.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 16:41 - Sep 8 with 1635 viewsDaiHo0p

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:37 - Sep 8 by Cornish_oooRRRR

one for the paedos...

Pinnacle of my career. Me holding cup back middle (capt.) no less

No. 6 seems to be whacking off over your shield, and proud of it too..
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 16:56 - Sep 8 with 1623 viewsToast_R

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 16:41 - Sep 8 by DaiHo0p

No. 6 seems to be whacking off over your shield, and proud of it too..

Rank kit aswell
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 18:50 - Sep 8 with 1576 viewsFDC

I was the Junior Transgender Go-Kart Champion (South East Division) 1997

Hope this helps.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 19:22 - Sep 8 with 1565 viewswombat

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:40 - Sep 8 by Lewes_r

What about 7-a-side. Astro pitch small goals 60 mins

(im 40 so say over 35 s only) .. Probably rules out 95% of WATRB
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I worked for the club many moons ago during the time of the artificial pitch , I used to play on the pitch most evenings after work . Also played for the qpr staff team briefly as full back , sadly knackered knees to many pies and beer out paid to any dream ops being the new stan Bowles , I also briefly played with Dennis wise in his dads team.

Have to mention Ron berry who ate the time was Kitman for the club who was an absolute animal of a player when playing for the staff team

Poll: which is your favouite foot

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 19:22 - Sep 8 with 1565 viewswombat

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:40 - Sep 8 by Lewes_r

What about 7-a-side. Astro pitch small goals 60 mins

(im 40 so say over 35 s only) .. Probably rules out 95% of WATRB
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I worked for the club many moons ago during the time of the artificial pitch , I used to play on the pitch most evenings after work . Also played for the qpr staff team briefly as full back , sadly knackered knees to many pies and beer out paid to any dream ops being the new stan Bowles , I also briefly played with Dennis wise in his dads team.

Have to mention Ron berry who ate the time was Kitman for the club who was an absolute animal of a player when playing for the staff team

Poll: which is your favouite foot

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 19:33 - Sep 8 with 1557 viewsMedwayR

Played county level & had trials with Ebbsfleet (then gravesend & Northfleet), also used to mark George Boyd (Stevenage, Peterborough, Forest & Scotland) out of school games, since those days he seems to have got a lot better while I've got fatter!! Play sundays now, still got some magic in my left peg but can't much run anymore, I just play the Scholes role sitting in CM passing...

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024