Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the percentage of this forum..... 02:59 - Sep 8 with 9768 viewsPacal_Votan

..that are any good at actually playing the so called "beautiful" game???

I reckon aboot 12%.....!

I'd wager most on here would be suited to being cub scout leaders.

"Try the whine!!!"

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 03:15 - Sep 8 with 4614 viewsTacticalR

I was purged from the Boy Scouts because of my extreme views and forced to seek out another paramilitary organisation. And there was the incident with the Scout Master too.

Air hostess clique

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 06:00 - Sep 8 with 4584 viewsTrom

Not many professional footballers on here. You can tell most of us can write!
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 08:30 - Sep 8 with 4528 viewstimcocking

Always fancied myself as a pretty reasonable player. A fantastic range of passing and great vision (accuracy/consistency could perhaps be improved) with two good feet and an eye for goal. Traditionally i was usually one of the fastest, fittest and strongest players if i do say so myself. Slowing down as i approach 40. Been captain of a few sides in my time.

So there :-)
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 09:07 - Sep 8 with 4492 viewsbosh67

I was actually, albeit briefly for 2 x 6 month stints in the youth team in 1982, until being involved in a car crash put paid to that. I do often write in to the club when a player is injured, particularly on high wages, say £40K-£50K and offer to be injured in their place on a fraction of the wages, say £2K-£3K a week, thus saving the club a fortune when a player is out.

Despite my background, ability to play a bit as a youngster, catalogue of subsequent injuries and lack of ability to attract high wages, the club hasn't taken me up on the offer. I say I am the ultimate short term austerity injury contract and get no response.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 09:40 - Sep 8 with 4451 viewsthame_hoops

I was a cross between stan and rodney. Stan laurel and Rodney trotter
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 10:16 - Sep 8 with 4419 viewsrongould

Many hundreds of years ago when I was very young. I had a trial at Loftus Road, I had played for Paddington Schools in the London Cup which we won. I broke my leg in two places during the trial, got no compo, and never had the main chance again. I did however play for many years for one of the top London Sunday League teams, took all the Refs exams. Went to North Carolina and founded the North Carolina League and two town teams Morganton and Statesville. Played until over 40 but was mainly running in ultra distance races then, where stamina not speed was the essential ingredient.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 10:22 - Sep 8 with 4408 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I've played on the hallowed turf (albeit an LSA game!) so that alone, in my mind, is all that needs to be said.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 10:29 - Sep 8 with 4396 viewsDaBurgh

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 10:22 - Sep 8 by Pablo_Hoopsta

I've played on the hallowed turf (albeit an LSA game!) so that alone, in my mind, is all that needs to be said.

I was 'Simon says' champion of my neighbourhood back in the summer of '68, was de-throned the following summer by some younger upstart that just moved onto my street (little turd, hate him to this day). Sad to say I have put on a few pounds since then and my mental agility is all but gone.
Login to get fewer ads

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 10:41 - Sep 8 with 4378 viewsTopCat34

I remember scoring an absolute freak goal from about the halfway line. Then celebrating in front of the opposition parents because that's what I had seen on TV.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 11:02 - Sep 8 with 4351 viewsSuffolk

I was a natural when I was a kid and I don't understand why I did'nt go on to greater things. I can still recall my old P.E. teacher saying "Son, there is a shortage of left footed players in the English game and you were born with two".
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 11:04 - Sep 8 with 4345 viewsjamois

I was told I had good moves and a great mind for breaking down the opposition. So I took up chess. Represented Surrey & England at u14 and u18.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 11:21 - Sep 8 with 4327 viewsqprmick

12%......that is a very optimistic forecast. I would put a point in there somewhere. I played my best football over the green in East Acton, too lightweight to be any better. We had some great players at my school, Acton Grammar, only one I ever heard of again and I believe he runs Hayes, Tim Soutar.

Qprmick

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 11:42 - Sep 8 with 4300 viewsTHEBUSH

My boys club produced, Denis Wise, Alan Mullery, Jimmy Bloomfield, Steve Parsons and John Murray the England wicket keeper, (plus a few more,) unfortunately, I was an also ran.
That 12% Figure is too high, more like 1.2% !!
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 11:52 - Sep 8 with 4284 viewsHayesender

I was shite.

Still am

Poll: Shamima Beghum

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 11:54 - Sep 8 with 4276 viewswestolian

I was and still am the fukin bolax

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:06 - Sep 8 with 4265 viewsLewes_r

I play 11-a-side and 7-a-side RB for the waterhall wanderers

Im utterly shit btw

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:18 - Sep 8 with 4240 viewsSydneyRs

I'm not very good, but still play regularly and am reasonably fit at 43.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:18 - Sep 8 with 4239 viewsheadhoops

I had the sweetest right foot in Surrey. Sadly it was shaped like a toblerone so the ball never went where I aimed it!

Played for the school, scouts, district and a club. Not surprisingly was burnt out by 13. Still play regularly even though in 50's. Don't forget the first yard is in your head. Which is why in a 5 yard race for the ball I lose by 4 yards.....

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:21 - Sep 8 with 4233 viewssmegma

I played regularly for about 12 years Sun/Wed (and one season on a Saturday 86/87). Played in one of the last games on our plastic if not THE last game and had a nightmare in a cup final. Played anywhere in defence and one season in goal which I hated as I couldn't kick anyone !!! I saw AKUTRs Dave Thomas play at Loftus Rd and if anyone doubts his football credentials he could really play a bit. And theres the regular poster on here who scored a memorable hat -trick in that very same game...........
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:23 - Sep 8 with 4232 viewsted_hendrix

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 10:22 - Sep 8 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Rodneysgongger scored two goals at Loftus Road.

Oh dear.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:29 - Sep 8 with 4223 viewsWeAreQPR12

Played county level and a few ryman sides. Still playing 7 aside with friends but it's just a kick around between friends. I'd love to take on fantasy island with our best 5, we'd stuff them.
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:31 - Sep 8 with 4220 viewsLewes_r

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:29 - Sep 8 by WeAreQPR12

Played county level and a few ryman sides. Still playing 7 aside with friends but it's just a kick around between friends. I'd love to take on fantasy island with our best 5, we'd stuff them.

Forget that.. We should play them 11-a-side full size goals proper football

Ill be up for playing RB ( i seem to remeber clive is a Goal keeper?)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:34 - Sep 8 with 4212 viewsWeAreQPR12

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:31 - Sep 8 by Lewes_r

Forget that.. We should play them 11-a-side full size goals proper football

Ill be up for playing RB ( i seem to remeber clive is a Goal keeper?)

decent idea but I think the average age would stop that. 5 aside at goals would be a competitive fast game. But wouldn't mind 11 allbeit i'd worry about the pace of the game. 90 mins for some would probably kill them. I play centre back so the defence is starting to take shape ;)
What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:37 - Sep 8 with 4202 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

one for the paedos...

Pinnacle of my career. Me holding cup back middle (capt.) no less

It's got to be Yarg

What's the percentage of this forum..... on 12:40 - Sep 8 with 4194 viewsLewes_r

What about 7-a-side. Astro pitch small goals 60 mins

(im 40 so say over 35 s only) .. Probably rules out 95% of WATRB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024