Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and Zaha 09:16 - Oct 15 with 1754 viewsPey

Two players i feel we should have been looking for to join QPR in the summer.
Young players and eager to prove themselves and there is lot of possibility they improve their level.

Charlie Austin now a target for Reading, Newcastle and Villa.
Wilfied Zaha now a target for Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Don't care about people yelling about so called PL experience.
We got plenty of PL experienced players being outplayed by numerous players without any experience at the moment.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Austin and Zaha on 09:21 - Oct 15 with 1425 viewsNorthernr

Zaha was absolutely outstanding against us in a poor Palace team three years ago. Could have had him for a million quid at that point if we'd fancied.
Austin and Zaha on 09:28 - Oct 15 with 1401 viewsnadera78

Austin and Zaha on 09:21 - Oct 15 by Northernr

Zaha was absolutely outstanding against us in a poor Palace team three years ago. Could have had him for a million quid at that point if we'd fancied.

We only sign 'names'. It's twenty years since QPR were interested in building a team and a club.
Austin and Zaha on 09:29 - Oct 15 with 1395 viewsPey

The Fat Orange one and the White Dwarf didn't fancy a million quid.
Warnock would have liked him to join us when we got promoted.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Austin and Zaha on 09:30 - Oct 15 with 1393 viewsTW_R

Exactly. It's amazing it's taken this long and he's still not playing in the Prem.
Austin and Zaha on 09:35 - Oct 15 with 1377 viewsNorthernr

Austin and Zaha on 09:28 - Oct 15 by nadera78

We only sign 'names'. It's twenty years since QPR were interested in building a team and a club.

To be fair whenever people have mentioned Austin and Jordan Rhodes on here the majority of comments have been along the lines of "big risk" "big step up" "we need better than that."
Austin and Zaha on 09:40 - Oct 15 with 1369 viewsnadera78

Austin and Zaha on 09:35 - Oct 15 by Northernr

To be fair whenever people have mentioned Austin and Jordan Rhodes on here the majority of comments have been along the lines of "big risk" "big step up" "we need better than that."

Tru but we're just punters, not professionals (don't laugh!) running a football club.
Austin and Zaha on 09:45 - Oct 15 with 1358 viewsNorthernr

Austin and Zaha on 09:40 - Oct 15 by nadera78

Tru but we're just punters, not professionals (don't laugh!) running a football club.

Still, that attitude always disappoints me when I see it on here. There's a fantastic right full back playing for Huddersfield at the moment called Jack Hunt who would be a far better, cheaper, less injury prone, long term option for us than Bosingwa. He'll probably go to Norwich or Swansea.
Austin and Zaha on 09:49 - Oct 15 with 1353 viewsparker64

Austin and Zaha on 09:45 - Oct 15 by Northernr

Still, that attitude always disappoints me when I see it on here. There's a fantastic right full back playing for Huddersfield at the moment called Jack Hunt who would be a far better, cheaper, less injury prone, long term option for us than Bosingwa. He'll probably go to Norwich or Swansea.

It's a reflection of Hughes' background. No experience outside the Premiership either as a player or manager. He wouldn't have a clue about the market but maybe his coterie of advisors will change that.
Login to get fewer ads

Austin and Zaha on 09:52 - Oct 15 with 1342 viewsNorthernr

Austin and Zaha on 09:49 - Oct 15 by parker64

It's a reflection of Hughes' background. No experience outside the Premiership either as a player or manager. He wouldn't have a clue about the market but maybe his coterie of advisors will change that.

Hughes actually has a reasonable record of picking up obscure players from here there and everywhere and making Premier League players out of them - Chris Samba springs to mind, playing reserve team football at Hamburg and bought for £400k, and our own Samba Diakite of course.

It's just the attitude at QPR since promotion that we should sign names, while the two teams that came up with us have done a lot better looking for up and coming talent.
Austin and Zaha on 10:10 - Oct 15 with 1313 viewsPey

Austin and Zaha on 09:45 - Oct 15 by Northernr

Swansea and Norwich know that they can't compete with the Arsenal's, Man City, Man United, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool in the transfer market and have a more hands on approach in scouting other areas.
The Jelavic story for example was laughed at when people thought he would be a great addition.
Coming from a minor league and not being able to cope with the PL, all that blah blah.

Seems we have a different approach for acquiring new players in having a wait in front of the big clubs doors to see what kinda fish they throw overboard.
Retirement home QPR is happy to have you.
This all sound harsh but we need to open our eyes and see what kinda club we are at the moment.

Austin and Zaha on 10:17 - Oct 15 with 1302 viewshoopdog

yep you could throw hooper into the mix of bargains that was available but unfortunately that was the mindless era of short legs and fat stuff
Austin and Zaha on 10:24 - Oct 15 with 1287 viewssimmo

Clint Hill spoke about Zaha in that recent 'Ramble meets' video. Said how he was slowly introduced into first team training and that you could see his ability even then

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Austin and Zaha on 10:31 - Oct 15 with 1273 viewsJamie

Austin and Zaha on 09:52 - Oct 15 by Northernr

Hughes actually has a reasonable record of picking up obscure players from here there and everywhere and making Premier League players out of them - Chris Samba springs to mind, playing reserve team football at Hamburg and bought for £400k, and our own Samba Diakite of course.

It's just the attitude at QPR since promotion that we should sign names, while the two teams that came up with us have done a lot better looking for up and coming talent.

A complete coincidence that Hughes is also a client of one of the worlds most eminent football agents of course...

At the risk of being negative about our Messiah, I find it hard to believe that Hughes was out in Nice scouting an obscure Malian holding midfielder during his first days at QPR.
Austin and Zaha on 11:20 - Oct 15 with 1214 viewsadhoc_qpr

It's fair to question our transfer policy, but these two are funny examples to beat us with.

Austin is a well known drinker and party boy, decent goal scorer but is he really better than DJ Campbell or Andy Johnson? Not that young either.

Zaha looks like a real talent and has been linked with all and sundry for 3 seasons now and no one has seriously bid for him? Must be a reason why, either Palace holding out for a huge fee or some other concerns?
Austin and Zaha on 15:12 - Oct 15 with 1119 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't think our club can win on this argument, as we have bought young'ish inexperienced players.
What about, Mackie, Campbell, Hoillet and that young lad from Portsmouth.
I know we could do a lot more, but TF and Hughes went for expensive acquisitions, which we will have to wait and see if the investment pays-off.
Austin and Zaha on 15:12 - Oct 15 with 1119 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't think our club can win on this argument, as we have bought young'ish inexperienced players.
What about, Mackie, Campbell, Hoillet and that young lad from Portsmouth.
I know we could do a lot more, but TF and Hughes went for expensive acquisitions, which we will have to wait and see if the investment pays-off.
Austin and Zaha on 15:59 - Oct 15 with 1075 viewsTacticalR

Austin and Zaha on 10:31 - Oct 15 by Jamie

A complete coincidence that Hughes is also a client of one of the worlds most eminent football agents of course...

At the risk of being negative about our Messiah, I find it hard to believe that Hughes was out in Nice scouting an obscure Malian holding midfielder during his first days at QPR.

Hughes is not a client of Joorabchian. Joorabchian is merely his 'advisor'.

Air hostess clique

Austin and Zaha on 16:27 - Oct 15 with 1052 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin and Zaha on 15:59 - Oct 15 by TacticalR

Hughes is not a client of Joorabchian. Joorabchian is merely his 'advisor'.

Well that's ok then!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin and Zaha on 17:53 - Oct 15 with 1017 viewswestberksr

Austin is a certified headcase of the highest order.

'partyboy' was the term used earlier and that is an understatement. good player who can score goals but a Sunday redtop story waiting to happen. You know if we signed him it would be the done deal within a week or two. Pick any particular vice that you'd rather a player wasn't associated with and Mr Austin is already there; bigtime.

heard that Colin wants him at Leeds if the takeover goes through.
Austin and Zaha on 18:16 - Oct 15 with 1000 viewsajcoombes

i think zaha maybe but is like a taarabt and is charlie austin is really that good?
Austin and Zaha on 21:34 - Oct 15 with 933 viewsderbyhoop

Hopefully, part of the new regime will be responsible for scouting players from the lower leagues as well as overseas and top 6 failures.

As Clive hinted, the trouble with lower league players is that the vast majority cannot make the step up - Billy Sharp, Jermaine Beckford Ishmael Miller are 3 examples. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Austin and Zaha on 22:02 - Oct 15 with 916 viewswestolian

Of all the names mentioned, can any of em play at the back ?

Don't concede and the rest takes care of itself

That advice was free

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Austin and Zaha on 08:37 - Oct 16 with 858 viewsPey

Austin and Zaha on 21:34 - Oct 15 by derbyhoop

Hopefully, part of the new regime will be responsible for scouting players from the lower leagues as well as overseas and top 6 failures.

As Clive hinted, the trouble with lower league players is that the vast majority cannot make the step up - Billy Sharp, Jermaine Beckford Ishmael Miller are 3 examples. You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince.

Very much hope so that our scouting will improve.
Denmark are producing some very fine young players right now and Ajax is a very happy buyer there.
These youngsters will play a few years in the Dutch League and they will be sold to big clubs with an enormous profit.

On kissing frogs, i rather have the club kissing frogs when these players are young and can improve or they can be sold with some rest value.
A player who is at the end of his career and isn't delivering you are stuck with.
Collecting a nice paycheck every week which equals to most of us here with a years salary.

I am not saying we don't need experience but i think the balance in our squad is hanging too much into over 30's players.

Austin and Zaha on 09:12 - Oct 16 with 836 viewsnadera78

Austin and Zaha on 22:02 - Oct 15 by westolian

Of all the names mentioned, can any of em play at the back ?

Don't concede and the rest takes care of itself

That advice was free

There are lots of big strong centre halves floating around who do nothing more than win headers, tackle hard and organise the back line. Jack Hobbs at Hull springs immediately to mind, although he's done his knee in at the minute. Every team, even in the much vaunted Premier League, needs someone to do that and yet we're still found lacking.
Austin and Zaha on 12:37 - Oct 16 with 790 viewsAGEREPC01

Austin and Zaha on 08:37 - Oct 16 by Pey

Very much hope so that our scouting will improve.
Denmark are producing some very fine young players right now and Ajax is a very happy buyer there.
These youngsters will play a few years in the Dutch League and they will be sold to big clubs with an enormous profit.

On kissing frogs, i rather have the club kissing frogs when these players are young and can improve or they can be sold with some rest value.
A player who is at the end of his career and isn't delivering you are stuck with.
Collecting a nice paycheck every week which equals to most of us here with a years salary.

I am not saying we don't need experience but i think the balance in our squad is hanging too much into over 30's players.

Nathaniel Clyne and Adrian Mariappa come to mind for me.

stainrod81

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024