Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend stewards/security 20:53 - Nov 24 with 15688 viewsdale4ever

Utterly disgraceful behaviour today, pushing a Dale fan to the ground and then dragging him off by his legs as his head was dragged along the floor, rightly causing uproar from other Dale fans who also found is unacceptable, if they had 'cameras' for the apparent coin throwing incident which was alleged then surely there will be video evidence of this too, I know a lot of people who will be forwarding complaints, hopefully the club will too! Disgusting behaviour from people who you would expect to act in a professional manner. Oh and when the police were apporached after the game by a Dale fan on the incident he asked if they were working alongside the stewards to which they replied 'I find that offensive that you're assuming we work alongside them'! Basically he and all the other fans who stayed back at the end to discuss it were fighting a losing battle, as no matter what the Dale fan said the police just came back with snide remarks.
Southend stewards/security on 11:05 - Nov 25 with 1609 viewsTrueBlueSUFC

Southend stewards/security on 10:59 - Nov 25 by Daleaholic

The issue for a lot of Dale fans was the fact 100 or so of your fans right next to the segregation were allowed to taunt and incite us after your goals but as soon as 2 of our fans did anything, they were manhandled out.

The thug (steward) in the black jacket was an absolute disgrace. His behaviour could've caused a riot, as I'm sure many people saw the reaction his actions got. Certainly hope it's all on camera!

You say caused a riot I did not see many dale fans get stuck in to help the fella!

words are words and thats all they are if you take it further by throwing something or trying to gain access then you cross the line.

But like I have said before I dont agree with the heavy handed way your guy was taken out
Southend stewards/security on 11:07 - Nov 25 with 1609 viewsphomem

Southend stewards/security on 11:03 - Nov 25 by TrueBlueSUFC

Yeah I agree with you that our stewarding was too heavy handed!

We are looking at doing what we did before however there are costs involved regarding exits and toilets etc... suffice to say the club is working on it

Lets hope it works in a speedier way than it has with the new ground which has been in planning for a decade
Southend stewards/security on 11:21 - Nov 25 with 1586 viewsThreeLions

A late twenties tango man, banging a drum. You can't get much more tinpot, did he have face paint on aswell?
Southend stewards/security on 11:26 - Nov 25 with 1568 viewsDalenet

If it is as it sounds, then just sue SUFC. They will then need to react...either in court or out of it. The victim needs to have confidence they did no wrong and the keyboard warriors need to act as witnesses. If you want things changed then you need to take action. And asking our club to make a complaint is useless. What good will that do. All football clubs need to take responsibility for their inactions and only legal threats will make a difference. And if the victim threatens to sue, I suspect video evidence will appear if the victim agrees with SUFC to sue the stewards instead of the club.

And as for essex police - make a formal complaint. If nothing comes of it so be it - but formal complaints get on their tits as they need to be properly investigated.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Southend stewards/security on 11:28 - Nov 25 with 1562 viewsTrueBlueSUFC

Southend stewards/security on 11:21 - Nov 25 by ThreeLions

A late twenties tango man, banging a drum. You can't get much more tinpot, did he have face paint on aswell?

Passion my friend, something lacking in todays sit down happy clappy football!

The Europeans the South Americans get it right with displays streamers banners colours passion and atmosphere!

Laugh all you like but you cant deny that most clubs support are bland and drab and a key factor as well as pricing why attendances at some clubs are not so great!
Southend stewards/security on 11:31 - Nov 25 with 1544 views442Dale

Southend stewards/security on 11:28 - Nov 25 by TrueBlueSUFC

The Europeans the South Americans get it right with displays streamers banners colours passion and atmosphere!

Laugh all you like but you cant deny that most clubs support are bland and drab and a key factor as well as pricing why attendances at some clubs are not so great!

Ah, but do you do Mexican waves?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Southend stewards/security on 11:36 - Nov 25 with 1535 viewsTVOS1907

Southend stewards/security on 11:28 - Nov 25 by TrueBlueSUFC

I like you, TrueBlueSUFC. You come across on here as a passionate, mature football fan with a reasonably fair handle on things.

In fact, you seem in total contrast to the bloke with no top on, banging a drum and constantly touching his own crotch throughout the game!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Southend stewards/security on 11:41 - Nov 25 with 1525 viewsDalenet

Southend stewards/security on 11:36 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

I like you, TrueBlueSUFC. You come across on here as a passionate, mature football fan with a reasonably fair handle on things.

In fact, you seem in total contrast to the bloke with no top on, banging a drum and constantly touching his own crotch throughout the game!

:) He did say he was passionate.
Login to get fewer ads

Southend stewards/security on 11:43 - Nov 25 with 1513 viewsThreeLions

Arf
Southend stewards/security on 11:53 - Nov 25 with 1490 viewsTrueBlueSUFC

Southend stewards/security on 11:31 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

Ah, but do you do Mexican waves?

Jesus no thats just gay!
Southend stewards/security on 11:54 - Nov 25 with 1482 viewsThreeLions

Southend stewards/security on 11:53 - Nov 25 by TrueBlueSUFC

Jesus no thats just gay!

Isnt standing at football with no top on a little that way inclined though?
Southend stewards/security on 11:58 - Nov 25 with 1470 viewsTrueBlueSUFC

Its all good fun - my way is its all words anything further then that its not on!
Southend stewards/security on 11:59 - Nov 25 with 1465 viewsTrueBlueSUFC

Southend stewards/security on 11:54 - Nov 25 by ThreeLions

Isnt standing at football with no top on a little that way inclined though?

No thats Metrosexual
Southend stewards/security on 12:04 - Nov 25 with 1452 viewsThreeLions

Southend stewards/security on 11:59 - Nov 25 by TrueBlueSUFC

No thats Metrosexual

Is that Roy fella still posting on your messageboard, the one that caused a right ruckas about 4 years ago. Everything was relayed onto the England fans messageboard at the time. Bit of a grass if I remember rightly
Southend stewards/security on 12:08 - Nov 25 with 1445 viewsTrueBlueSUFC

Southend stewards/security on 12:04 - Nov 25 by ThreeLions

Is that Roy fella still posting on your messageboard, the one that caused a right ruckas about 4 years ago. Everything was relayed onto the England fans messageboard at the time. Bit of a grass if I remember rightly

Got a link to the posts in question mate?
Southend stewards/security on 12:10 - Nov 25 with 1410 viewsThreeLions

Southend stewards/security on 12:08 - Nov 25 by TrueBlueSUFC

Got a link to the posts in question mate?

No afraid not, must say it was highly amusing.
Southend stewards/security on 12:12 - Nov 25 with 1403 viewsTalkingSutty

Southend stewards/security on 11:26 - Nov 25 by Dalenet

If it is as it sounds, then just sue SUFC. They will then need to react...either in court or out of it. The victim needs to have confidence they did no wrong and the keyboard warriors need to act as witnesses. If you want things changed then you need to take action. And asking our club to make a complaint is useless. What good will that do. All football clubs need to take responsibility for their inactions and only legal threats will make a difference. And if the victim threatens to sue, I suspect video evidence will appear if the victim agrees with SUFC to sue the stewards instead of the club.

And as for essex police - make a formal complaint. If nothing comes of it so be it - but formal complaints get on their tits as they need to be properly investigated.

Some good advice there Dalenet. I am pretty sure there will be CCTV footage of the eviction and the way the person involved was manhandled by the "steward".

Southend United are responsible for the safety of supporters within the ground and also the behaviour of staff and stewards. There are guidelines regarding the retaining of cctv footage and how long it should be retained before being destoyed so i am willing to bet the footage will be available for the police to view should the person/persons involved make a official complaint to the local police. The complaint would have to be made as soon as possible really in order to retrieve and view the footage.

It sounds like the person ejected was subjected to a straight up assault by the steward. Being ejected from the ground obviously means that persons misdemeanour wasnt bad enough to involve any police action (no criminal offence), so god knows why the ejection from the ground necessitated dragging somebody out by their legs.

Southend stewards/security on 12:45 - Nov 25 with 1345 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Southend stewards/security on 12:12 - Nov 25 by TalkingSutty

Some good advice there Dalenet. I am pretty sure there will be CCTV footage of the eviction and the way the person involved was manhandled by the "steward".

Southend United are responsible for the safety of supporters within the ground and also the behaviour of staff and stewards. There are guidelines regarding the retaining of cctv footage and how long it should be retained before being destoyed so i am willing to bet the footage will be available for the police to view should the person/persons involved make a official complaint to the local police. The complaint would have to be made as soon as possible really in order to retrieve and view the footage.

It sounds like the person ejected was subjected to a straight up assault by the steward. Being ejected from the ground obviously means that persons misdemeanour wasnt bad enough to involve any police action (no criminal offence), so god knows why the ejection from the ground necessitated dragging somebody out by their legs.

A little birdy told me SUFC might cover their backs and delete the footage if that's true its understandable why alot of Millwall, Watford, Colchester fans hate your place and yesterday's representation of your club got worldwide within 10 minutes I really hope your stewards start on the wrong fans during match a match it felt like being back in a school playground yesterday your club, G4S and your steward's should hold your heads down in shame because it were an embarrassment to The Football Associations Anti-Bullying Campaign i really hope their sent footage of yesterday and you get a fine for making them look stupid

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Southend stewards/security on 12:51 - Nov 25 with 1330 viewsTrueBlueSUFC

Southend stewards/security on 12:45 - Nov 25 by DaleAwaydayBot

A little birdy told me SUFC might cover their backs and delete the footage if that's true its understandable why alot of Millwall, Watford, Colchester fans hate your place and yesterday's representation of your club got worldwide within 10 minutes I really hope your stewards start on the wrong fans during match a match it felt like being back in a school playground yesterday your club, G4S and your steward's should hold your heads down in shame because it were an embarrassment to The Football Associations Anti-Bullying Campaign i really hope their sent footage of yesterday and you get a fine for making them look stupid

SUFC wont delete the footage!

Watford?? what the hell has watford got to do with anything? Miles away!

Representation got worldwide?

Dale fans who is this chap?
Southend stewards/security on 12:55 - Nov 25 with 1319 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Southend stewards/security on 12:51 - Nov 25 by TrueBlueSUFC

This chap know's his human's rights at a Football Match if what i've been told is true its shocking and as for the stewards incident there will always be bigger people just around the corner eventually they'll Bully and Man-handle the wrong set of Fan's causing a Riot what will more than likely spill over that little netting then who's responsible have you even seen FA's new Anti-Bullying campaign??

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Southend stewards/security on 12:57 - Nov 25 with 1312 viewsThreeLions

He's our resident robot....or the Tazbot to give him the correct name.
Southend stewards/security on 12:57 - Nov 25 with 1309 viewsjudd

Meet Tazzy - very passionate about Dale and all things football. Writes super fun away day reviews - you lot are about to be totally and utterly rubbished.

Give it 'em, Tazzy lad.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Southend stewards/security on 13:07 - Nov 25 with 1284 viewsDySporting

You're just a small town in Watford was the chant of the day yesterday!
Southend stewards/security on 13:31 - Nov 25 with 1250 viewsTVOS1907

You'll soon wish you'd never asked!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Southend stewards/security on 14:23 - Nov 25 with 1168 viewsprestondale

I was quite enjoying the banter yesterday. The atmosphere was good and a small number of Dale fans singing sounded like hundreds rather than about 20 of us.

The big guy enjoyed himself and he taunted back, we gave it back and I enjoyed that.

Unfortunately one of our fans got into a face to face argument with the black jacketed steward who I believe was of the Bouncer mentality ans was looking for a ruck with someone. the fan was evicted peacefully an one of his mates had word with said steward who again took exception to what was said. Our fan refused to be evicted as he quite rightly believed he had done nothing wrong. His resisting led to the man being dragged by his foot bouncing his head off the steps at the front of the stand. This steward was looking for some trouble and made sure it happened.

The atmosphere changed thereafter, especially when the coin throwing incident occurred. The lad who had thrown it deserves a ban if he has done it. I do not know him but have seen him at games. he seems like a nice lad so I am surprised he has done what he has been accused of. The CCTV will prove either way.

For about 60 minutes we did well but when they equalised we lost it big style. Southend deserved the win in the end as we just let them play once we scored.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024