Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend stewards/security 20:53 - Nov 24 with 15685 viewsdale4ever

Utterly disgraceful behaviour today, pushing a Dale fan to the ground and then dragging him off by his legs as his head was dragged along the floor, rightly causing uproar from other Dale fans who also found is unacceptable, if they had 'cameras' for the apparent coin throwing incident which was alleged then surely there will be video evidence of this too, I know a lot of people who will be forwarding complaints, hopefully the club will too! Disgusting behaviour from people who you would expect to act in a professional manner. Oh and when the police were apporached after the game by a Dale fan on the incident he asked if they were working alongside the stewards to which they replied 'I find that offensive that you're assuming we work alongside them'! Basically he and all the other fans who stayed back at the end to discuss it were fighting a losing battle, as no matter what the Dale fan said the police just came back with snide remarks.
Southend stewards/security on 15:17 - Nov 25 with 1772 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Apparently their trust is having a meeting with the CEO of Southend tomorrow about what happened yesterday

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Southend stewards/security on 17:03 - Nov 25 with 1639 viewsTVOS1907

Southend stewards/security on 15:17 - Nov 25 by DaleAwaydayBot

Apparently their trust is having a meeting with the CEO of Southend tomorrow about what happened yesterday

Where did you hear that, Taz?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Southend stewards/security on 17:18 - Nov 25 with 1622 viewsrochdale1987

doubt it but hopefully some of the other southend stewards may report their big bully boss after seeing what happened
Southend stewards/security on 17:19 - Nov 25 with 1620 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Southend stewards/security on 17:03 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

Where did you hear that, Taz?

On their Forum

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Southend stewards/security on 18:30 - Nov 25 with 1525 viewsPops2

Southend stewards/security on 17:19 - Nov 25 by DaleAwaydayBot

On their Forum

At the end of the day, if a fail fan did throw a coin which hit a child and the other mugs with him refused to leave then it is fair game to drag him out by his feet.

I'm more concerned that a fail fan could afford to chuck his dole money at someone.
Southend stewards/security on 18:32 - Nov 25 with 1518 viewsjonesy

Just to add my two pennorth.

Gave one of the police a dirty look on leaving and ended up speaking to him. Accused him of being "part of this" (the whole stewarding business) which he strongly denied, and seemed to suggest he was not happy with the stewarding. Said the police were there gathering intelligence on supporters, but not taking photos. No money paid by SUFC for them to be there.

Also spoke to a steward at the end who seemed quite sensible (as most people are when on their own) and mentioned the cause of all the bother was the two sets of fans so close together. He said he had mentioned it to the management but it is an historical thing with that being the old home end. Not a very good reason for us to be there too. He also criticized some of the stewards who had no people skills and would be working as bouncers in clubs that evening. Singled out the black jacket bloke. Mentioned Tango and he said the club would like to get rid of him but he knows just how far to go without doing anything to justify being thrown out.

I didn't see the causes of the trouble but my son said the black jacket bloke just aggressively pushed the supporter down when he tried to speak to him. He seems to be the cause of all the trouble. Would not give us any number or name and was surrounded by stewards at the end to avoid us seeing any ID.

The blokes who got thrown out do not read this message board. Spoke to them in the pub beforehand. So they will probably not comment.

Did see a Dale supporter videoing it on his phone so there should be some hard evidence.

Pity we lost but probably scored too early!!

Hope you all got home safely and warm.
Southend stewards/security on 19:48 - Nov 25 with 1427 viewsTVOS1907

Southend stewards/security on 18:30 - Nov 25 by Pops2

At the end of the day, if a fail fan did throw a coin which hit a child and the other mugs with him refused to leave then it is fair game to drag him out by his feet.

I'm more concerned that a fail fan could afford to chuck his dole money at someone.

I've already written that the alleged coin throwing incident was a good half-hour after the other incidents.

Southend stewards/security on 20:10 - Nov 25 with 1382 viewssandylaner1

Southend stewards/security on 18:30 - Nov 25 by Pops2

lol

but didn't bury fans throw golf balls at our yoof a few years back
Login to get fewer ads

Southend stewards/security on 20:15 - Nov 25 with 1366 views442Dale

Southend stewards/security on 20:10 - Nov 25 by sandylaner1

lol

but didn't bury fans throw golf balls at our yoof a few years back

No, they threw them into the away end and could have hit anyone.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Southend stewards/security on 20:29 - Nov 25 with 1338 viewsBanned4ever

Southend stewards/security on 19:48 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

I've already written that the alleged coin throwing incident was a good half-hour after the other incidents.

So your fans was causing trouble for a full half hour tut tut,

Why did this lad chuck a coin what could of seriously hurt some one half a hour after the incident if not trying to propagate TROUBLE.
Southend stewards/security on 20:34 - Nov 25 with 1317 viewsBanned4ever

Southend stewards/security on 20:15 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

No, they threw them into the away end and could have hit anyone.

when was this was there any criminal charges brought because there always plenty of police and stewards in both sections of fans to have witness this . Also C.C.T.V.
or is this some made up allegation?
Southend stewards/security on 20:41 - Nov 25 with 1301 viewsFred_Talbot

Southend stewards/security on 20:34 - Nov 25 by Banned4ever

when was this was there any criminal charges brought because there always plenty of police and stewards in both sections of fans to have witness this . Also C.C.T.V.
or is this some made up allegation?

Not made up at all.

The police on duty were notified about what happened, but weren't in the slightest bit interested.

Where's Fred?

Southend stewards/security on 20:44 - Nov 25 with 1290 views442Dale

Southend stewards/security on 20:41 - Nov 25 by Fred_Talbot

Not made up at all.

The police on duty were notified about what happened, but weren't in the slightest bit interested.

They were bouncing down the walkway in front of the seats at the Manchester Rd end.

'twas the year Buckley scored last minute I believe.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Southend stewards/security on 20:52 - Nov 25 with 1276 viewsmcnasty

Just to clarify, when the new CEO joined Southend he wanted to get fans' input from various sources. He has had meetings with the Shrimper's Trust Chairman and myself, as owner of ShrimperZone.com, the SUFC fans' web-site.
We ask questions that the fans want answered and also bring up items of concern.

Our next meeting is tomorrow night and we will be asking questions about the security yesterday. Prior to the meeting our Stadium Manager will be quizzed as the last thing we want is bad publicity that will stop people attending Roots Hall.
Regards,
Ken
Southend stewards/security on 20:53 - Nov 25 with 1274 viewsColDale

Southend stewards/security on 20:52 - Nov 25 by mcnasty

Just to clarify, when the new CEO joined Southend he wanted to get fans' input from various sources. He has had meetings with the Shrimper's Trust Chairman and myself, as owner of ShrimperZone.com, the SUFC fans' web-site.
We ask questions that the fans want answered and also bring up items of concern.

Our next meeting is tomorrow night and we will be asking questions about the security yesterday. Prior to the meeting our Stadium Manager will be quizzed as the last thing we want is bad publicity that will stop people attending Roots Hall.
Regards,
Ken

if you could give us a bit of feedback after that meeting, it would be appreciated

cheers
Southend stewards/security on 21:02 - Nov 25 with 1255 viewsmcnasty

Southend stewards/security on 20:53 - Nov 25 by ColDale

if you could give us a bit of feedback after that meeting, it would be appreciated

cheers

I am sure we will get an answer when the club do whatever they feel is necessary. Not sure how long that would take.
Southend stewards/security on 21:31 - Nov 25 with 1192 viewsBanned4ever

Southend stewards/security on 20:41 - Nov 25 by Fred_Talbot

Not made up at all.

sorry not aving that at all was the golf balls given to the police ?
Southend stewards/security on 21:38 - Nov 25 with 1182 viewsTVOS1907

Southend stewards/security on 20:29 - Nov 25 by Banned4ever

So your fans was causing trouble for a full half hour tut tut,

Why did this lad chuck a coin what could of seriously hurt some one half a hour after the incident if not trying to propagate TROUBLE.

I know you and your pal are a bit gormless so I'll explain it clearer for you.

There was the initial incident around the time of Southend's first goal, which was at about 4.15pm.

This all died down, but shortly before full-time, the lad was approached by a steward after some footage had been allegedly seen on CCTV. When this happened - or is alleged to have happened - I have no idea, but he wasn't spoken to until close to full-time.

No idea whether it was true or not, as the alleged incident took place behind me, while everything else had been several rows in front of me.

And if you read back through this thread, I have said that if it is proved something was thrown, then any punishment will be deserved.

Now, maybe instead we should talk about bury fans attacking innocent, peaceful Dale fans and club employees in local pubs.

Southend stewards/security on 21:40 - Nov 25 with 1175 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Southend stewards/security on 21:31 - Nov 25 by Banned4ever

Banned4ever recall a golf ball hit one of our fans quiet few seasons ago

Southend stewards/security on 21:41 - Nov 25 with 1172 views442Dale

Southend stewards/security on 21:31 - Nov 25 by Banned4ever

They were on the par 3 11th after bouncing out of the ground.

Why would we make it up? Some have no issue with Bury.

Just to be fair, Scarborough fans chucked stones into the away end at the McCain. There's no cctv coverage of that either. Or a ground there anymore.

Southend stewards/security on 21:48 - Nov 25 with 1160 viewsBanned4ever

Southend stewards/security on 21:41 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

They were on the par 3 11th after bouncing out of the ground.

Why would we make it up? Some have no issue with Bury.

Just to be fair, Scarborough fans chucked stones into the away end at the McCain. There's no cctv coverage of that either. Or a ground there anymore.

points scoring after what p.diddy said i.e your fans are worse .

Im sure if it did happen it would of been reported at both grounds for action to be taken.
Southend stewards/security on 21:51 - Nov 25 with 1148 views442Dale

Southend stewards/security on 21:48 - Nov 25 by Banned4ever

points scoring after what p.diddy said i.e your fans are worse .

Im sure if it did happen it would of been reported at both grounds for action to be taken.

It was discussed endlessly at the time.

Look back, I replied to a Rochdale fan. Not a clue what diddy said.

Southend stewards/security on 21:56 - Nov 25 with 1137 viewsBanned4ever

Southend stewards/security on 21:51 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

It was discussed endlessly at the time.

Look back, I replied to a Rochdale fan. Not a clue what diddy said.

ok this is the first time i heard about it dont want to side track this thread so happy to leave it there.
Southend stewards/security on 22:17 - Nov 25 with 1115 viewsSpike

Firstly I see people are saying the 'steward in black had a bouncer mentality' this is because he is just that. It was confirmed to those of us around the incidents that he is a bouncer, a doorman, whatever you like to call them (and apparently a very 'respected' one) I take it by 'respected' they mean feared as the steward we spoke to about him and another being swapped to the home end only wanted to move the one and it wasn't bouncer. (the reason we wanted him swapping was because we no longer felt comfortable, obviously having him sat in such close proximity. The other one moved was a female steward who saw the whole thing, but on being identified as seeing it all to police decided to make everyone else out to be liars, then proceeded to glare at us for the rest of the match until she was moved)

Onto the incidents, the first one to be thrown out was asking the bouncer a question (which he didn't want to answer) not threateningly, not in his face, the bouncer didn't like it and told the supporter to 'f*** off' and shoved him backwards into the seats. My other half had to grab him to stedy him to stop him flying right over the seats. Obviously then the supported got up and was instantly grabbed and man handled out the ground by bouncer.

The second one to be removed ( by being dragged by his leg while his head was banging on the steps) came over and asked bouncer 'what did you do that for' again, not in an aggressive manner, not in a violent or in a threatening manner. Again the bouncer didn't want to answer, ignored the supporter the first time he asked an when he asked again the bouncer told him 'f***ing sit down you w***er' and shoved him down the steps.

After the second incident, and several complaints to both the stewards and the police, bouncer was moved down a few rows and had two stewards sat with him, for the rest of the match, he never looked over at the crowd again after that (and he disappeared 5 minutes from time of course)
Southend stewards/security on 22:59 - Nov 25 with 1067 viewsBanned4ever

Southend stewards/security on 21:38 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

I know you and your pal are a bit gormless so I'll explain it clearer for you.

There was the initial incident around the time of Southend's first goal, which was at about 4.15pm.

This all died down, but shortly before full-time, the lad was approached by a steward after some footage had been allegedly seen on CCTV. When this happened - or is alleged to have happened - I have no idea, but he wasn't spoken to until close to full-time.

No idea whether it was true or not, as the alleged incident took place behind me, while everything else had been several rows in front of me.

And if you read back through this thread, I have said that if it is proved something was thrown, then any punishment will be deserved.

Now, maybe instead we should talk about bury fans attacking innocent, peaceful Dale fans and club employees in local pubs.

see what i mean by point scoring silly aint it go one then tell me im all ears .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024