Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton says we've signed Remy 19:01 - Jan 14 with 13158 viewsbaz_qpr

Watching Patriots. Just heard from a magician that Loic Remy has signed for QPR. Not sure what happened at Newcastle probably Llambas again!

Gift of the gab from Harry Redknapp perhaps? Thought it was done and dusted to Newcastle. Something must of gone amiss. Great news 4 #QPR
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:14 - Jan 14 with 1426 viewskarl

Barton says we've signed Remy on 20:25 - Jan 14 by HollowayRanger

i did!

Fair play Holloway, and got a bit of rigour for it too! haha
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:18 - Jan 14 with 1387 viewsJamie

@Scottwilsonecho

Understand #NUFC unwilling to match QPR's Remy offer of more than £80k-a-week. Missing out on another mercenary might not be worst thing
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:19 - Jan 14 with 1365 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:18 - Jan 14 by Jamie

@Scottwilsonecho

Understand #NUFC unwilling to match QPR's Remy offer of more than £80k-a-week. Missing out on another mercenary might not be worst thing

Who is Scott Wilson?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:25 - Jan 14 with 1330 viewsqueensparker

He's brilliant on FIFA on the XBox. But then so are Park and SWP
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:26 - Jan 14 with 1322 viewsQPRDave

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:18 - Jan 14 by Jamie

@Scottwilsonecho

Funny he's now a mercenary. Is he not just a professional ? Getting the best pay he can do for doing his job?
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:29 - Jan 14 with 1310 viewsJamie

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:19 - Jan 14 by RANGERS4EVER

Who is Scott Wilson?

Journo for the Northern Echo apparently.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:32 - Jan 14 with 1284 viewsBklynRanger

I don't believe that 80k+ figure at all. !0k or even 20k more a week, but 85k is far more than would be needed based on the Geordies' reported wage structure.

Somebody said earlier (but fcuk knows from where) that we offered 2mill more and 10k a week more - we're all pulling this stuff out of our arses at this point obviously but that sounds more believable to me.

Of course if/when this goes through we'll have to deal with more guff about mercenaries. Who knows what was said and talked about between Remy and HR? - money may have been a major factor but Talksport just talked about Newcastle like they were Brazil 70 - mainly that Scottish tvvat on there with Danny Baker...
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:34 - Jan 14 with 1276 viewsNorthernr

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:26 - Jan 14 by QPRDave

Funny he's now a mercenary. Is he not just a professional ? Getting the best pay he can do for doing his job?

Give it five weeks, he'll be a mercenary.
Login to get fewer ads

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:38 - Jan 14 with 1248 viewsted_hendrix

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:32 - Jan 14 by BklynRanger

I don't believe that 80k+ figure at all. !0k or even 20k more a week, but 85k is far more than would be needed based on the Geordies' reported wage structure.

Somebody said earlier (but fcuk knows from where) that we offered 2mill more and 10k a week more - we're all pulling this stuff out of our arses at this point obviously but that sounds more believable to me.

Of course if/when this goes through we'll have to deal with more guff about mercenaries. Who knows what was said and talked about between Remy and HR? - money may have been a major factor but Talksport just talked about Newcastle like they were Brazil 70 - mainly that Scottish tvvat on there with Danny Baker...

Look man, we're all just travelling through space anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:38 - Jan 14 with 1246 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:34 - Jan 14 by Northernr

1st sh*t game he will be one lol
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:40 - Jan 14 with 1228 viewsQPRDave

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:34 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Well ...i hope you're wrong and this one does deliver although his record this season ain't good i must admit. I'm hoping Harry is a better judge of a player than MH
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:45 - Jan 14 with 1199 viewsHunterhoop

I don't want to be the boring, negative sh*t pouring cold water on this...but....

Is this really what we want the club doing?

Remy has an excellent record and sounds like a very good player. Let's get that out of the way first. I'm sure he'll improve us.

But I do fear for us at the moment.

I'm worried what we're paying for him in terms of sign on fee and wages to price Newcastle out of the market. SSN news are still saying we're in for Odemwingie and Olsson. Add M'Vila into the mix who 5live say willl sign and we're talking about 4 players...good players...coming to the club.

Why would 4 very good players, playing for better clubs come to bottom of the table, relegation threatened 'little' QPR? The only answer can be money. It can't be to play at the highest level they can or for trophies, etc. So, we're potentially signing 4 players who value £ over success. It's a crude statement but one unlikely to be far from the truth.

Transfer fees, sign on fees, agents fees and weekly salaries...this is an enormous outlay. It is a HUGE gamble. If we go down we are in so much trouble. Even if we stay up, I'd fear our outgoings would be significantly more than ou annual revenue. And what then? We can't go on for years with a wage bill significantly greater than our revenue. In the end the bubble has to burst. If we were to go down and get £14m per year in parachute payments rather than £60m in TV revenue, our outgoings will be 3x or more that of our revenue.

That is an absolute ridiculous situation to get into. TF would have to sink a phenomenal amount of his and his associates personal wealth to keep the club afloat for two or three years. We'd have to significantly reduce our wage bill whilst trying to get promoted. Fail to do so inside 2 years and...well, I dread to think.

Equally, there's another aspect to this.

Once these players are here, why would they give absolutely everything they had and lay their bodies on the line? If we go down, they know they won't be seen as responsible (too big a mountain to climb, etc, etc) and the best will just f*ck off somewhere else. We'll have to sell them, because we can't afford to keep them with such a drop in our revenue.

How many of our 'big' signings under Hughes and Warnock have turned out to be successful? How many of these players, who've effectively taken a step down in terms of club, league position, etc to join us, but an increase in salary, have given 100%? Who are our hardest working players?

I can't help but get the feeling we have learnt absolutely nothing from the last 18 months. What we've done to date hasn't worked. What we appear to be doing is exactly the same, but with increased stakes, throwing even more money at the problem.

What's the definition of insanity again??

And don't get me wrong, I'd love this to work out. I'm really excited about seeing Remy at WH on Sat. I do think he and M'Vila (and Olsson and Odemwingie) are good players who should drastically improve us. I'm just also very very worried about the strategy we're employing as a club. It's like strategy we employed to date didn't work, so we're just trying the same strategy on speed! It's a huge huge gamble and I don't think it's astute.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:47 - Jan 14 with 1187 viewsCanadaRanger

At least he's not going to the other Rangers...
You don't mix a good Remy with Scotch...

(coat)
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:51 - Jan 14 with 1171 viewsBklynRanger

The simplest way I can answer that, Hunter is this:

We're in a potentially massive financial hole. Rather than putting the stops on this and regretfully developing a plan for the eventuality of relegation we're trying to tunnel our way out - dig the hole deeper with expensive signings and hope that we find a way out.

It shows the extent to which TF fears the impact of going down on 'the project'.

If it works, fine. If it doesn't, fcuk times infinity.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:53 - Jan 14 with 1163 viewsBklynRanger

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:38 - Jan 14 by ted_hendrix

Look man, we're all just travelling through space anyway.

...while fcuking about on the internet
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:00 - Jan 14 with 1135 viewsHunterhoop

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:51 - Jan 14 by BklynRanger

We're in a potentially massive financial hole. Rather than putting the stops on this and regretfully developing a plan for the eventuality of relegation we're trying to tunnel our way out - dig the hole deeper with expensive signings and hope that we find a way out.

It shows the extent to which TF fears the impact of going down on 'the project'.

But even staying up isn't the solution people think it'll be.

I would wager, and it's all speculation, that our outgoings would still be significantly more than our revenue. To build a truly global brand that can deliver the revenue to sustain this type of activity takes many years and many years of success. It doesn't just happen because we want it to!

Look at our spending in the market place, specifically on salaries (a long term cost) and we're blowing the likes of Fulham, Newcastle, WBA, out of the water. These teams have bascially decided..."no, we can't compete with that financially."

But these teams are established Prem teams sitting somewhere between 5th and 15th most of the time. So our spending is effectively punching above that weight.

But where can we go? Do we really think we can become a top 5 club?? The answer is probably no, never. But even if it was yes, it's a gradual thing that takes years and repeated success. What happens for the next 2,3,4,5 years?

We're adopting the Pompey blueprint...even if we stay up.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:08 - Jan 14 with 1103 viewsBklynRanger

I'd guess that, if we managed to stay up, some of the response to that would be along the lines of :'We spent a lot of money on transfers last season so we will be very selective with our summer targets and work to consolidate our position'.

Or that's what TF would want it to be, but it wouldn't end up that way because Harry is Harry. But for now TF is perhaps ignoring that fact...

So basically, yes, I agree with you.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:09 - Jan 14 with 1097 viewsNorthernr

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:51 - Jan 14 by BklynRanger

I estimate that we only need to dig a couple more feet down before our tunnel starts filling with water.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:14 - Jan 14 with 1059 viewsJamie

Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:09 - Jan 14 by Northernr

I estimate that we only need to dig a couple more feet down before our tunnel starts filling with water.

A foot more and the digger will need an Aussie visa.....
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:16 - Jan 14 with 1048 viewsBklynRanger

Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:09 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Ah, the fabled West London Acquifer of Fiscal Responsibility - I think that was all pumped out for Westfield

Incidentally, did you know there is a 'Westfield' smack in the middle of San Francisco, and that the West does therefore not refer to West London?

I didn't so I was very disappointed when I found out.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:16 - Jan 14 with 1046 viewsNorthernr

Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:14 - Jan 14 by Jamie

A foot more and the digger will need an Aussie visa.....

Oh Jesus don't say that, we'll probably scamper back to the surface with Emile Heskey signed up on a three year deal with a 12 month option.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:29 - Jan 14 with 1002 viewsSonofNorfolt

Barton says we've signed Remy on 20:07 - Jan 14 by Gloucs_R

Would anyone have Barton back next season?

Yep.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:37 - Jan 14 with 979 viewsQPR1882

Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:29 - Jan 14 by SonofNorfolt

Yep.

+1
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:41 - Jan 14 with 960 viewsNorthernr

Yeh, let's have the guy back who didn't play that well to begin with, then said he only came here for the money anyway, and expect him to give it everything in the division below. Amazing.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:41 - Jan 14 with 959 viewsCheshireR

Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:37 - Jan 14 by QPR1882

+1

Good call.
His record in the Championship was great with his beloved Newcastle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024