Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton says we've signed Remy 19:01 - Jan 14 with 13155 viewsbaz_qpr

Watching Patriots. Just heard from a magician that Loic Remy has signed for QPR. Not sure what happened at Newcastle probably Llambas again!

Gift of the gab from Harry Redknapp perhaps? Thought it was done and dusted to Newcastle. Something must of gone amiss. Great news 4 #QPR
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:50 - Jan 14 with 1576 viewsJuzzie

F**k me, I'm so glad I don't use Twitter. For someone, Barton, who's a self confessed intelligista (I made that word up) there's so much wrong with that whole twitter 'conversation'. Anyone with brains would know to step away, don't get involved.

"You WHERE a good player" he says to DH spelling it wrong both times.

I also thought hash tags where meant to be used to link to something or make something more searchable, but the constant use of hash-tags to score cheap points?..... #unbelievable
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:51 - Jan 14 with 1570 viewsScubaHoop

Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:00 - Jan 14 by Hunterhoop

But even staying up isn't the solution people think it'll be.

I would wager, and it's all speculation, that our outgoings would still be significantly more than our revenue. To build a truly global brand that can deliver the revenue to sustain this type of activity takes many years and many years of success. It doesn't just happen because we want it to!

Look at our spending in the market place, specifically on salaries (a long term cost) and we're blowing the likes of Fulham, Newcastle, WBA, out of the water. These teams have bascially decided..."no, we can't compete with that financially."

But these teams are established Prem teams sitting somewhere between 5th and 15th most of the time. So our spending is effectively punching above that weight.

But where can we go? Do we really think we can become a top 5 club?? The answer is probably no, never. But even if it was yes, it's a gradual thing that takes years and repeated success. What happens for the next 2,3,4,5 years?

We're adopting the Pompey blueprint...even if we stay up.

110% correct. If we stay up we'll just about remain a going concern (a really big farking concern), go down or if TF looses interest (or all of his money - airlines are as fickle as football teams) we will be so badly fugged we wont just fall down the leagues I can see us being that first big name club to simply cease to exist.

I'm sh1tting myself at these signings; as much as I love TF I get the impression he thinks he's playing Fifa 13 on the Xbox, I know its his money but its my club. I really understand what ambivalence means right now...

Can everyone please tell me I'm talking out of my arse and make me feel better thanks.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:57 - Jan 14 with 1546 viewsBklynRanger

Unfortunately I can't because this: 'I know its his money but its my club', is also 110% correct.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:59 - Jan 14 with 1533 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton says we've signed Remy on 22:32 - Jan 14 by BklynRanger

I don't believe that 80k+ figure at all. !0k or even 20k more a week, but 85k is far more than would be needed based on the Geordies' reported wage structure.

Somebody said earlier (but fcuk knows from where) that we offered 2mill more and 10k a week more - we're all pulling this stuff out of our arses at this point obviously but that sounds more believable to me.

Of course if/when this goes through we'll have to deal with more guff about mercenaries. Who knows what was said and talked about between Remy and HR? - money may have been a major factor but Talksport just talked about Newcastle like they were Brazil 70 - mainly that Scottish tvvat on there with Danny Baker...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Bklyn, do you mean Danny Kelly, or has Danny Baker joined Talksport?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton says we've signed Remy on 00:08 - Jan 15 with 1501 viewsAgedR

All I can see is Hill and Derry shaking their disilusioned heads. Get them up, watch the side filled with overpriced underformers, keep them up, watch the side filled with overpriced underformers, get them back from the brink...you know the rest.

Tell us the full financial story TF. Don't bankcrupt my football club. It's not your plaything

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Barton says we've signed Remy on 00:08 - Jan 15 with 1502 viewsBklynRanger

Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:59 - Jan 14 by BrianMcCarthy

Bklyn, do you mean Danny Kelly, or has Danny Baker joined Talksport?

Ach, yes mate sorry - Danny Kelly. It was the Scottish bloke (also a familiar voice) that was cheerleading for Newcastle though. Arse.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 05:56 - Jan 15 with 1408 viewsPommyhoop

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal....ltercation.html

They are like a couple of kids.

@DietmarHamann Didi Hamann
@joey7barton
At least I didnt get bummed in prison Joseph.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Barton says we've signed Remy on 07:20 - Jan 15 with 1359 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton says we've signed Remy on 00:08 - Jan 15 by BklynRanger

Ach, yes mate sorry - Danny Kelly. It was the Scottish bloke (also a familiar voice) that was cheerleading for Newcastle though. Arse.

Thought so, but I got a bit excited anyway, just in case! Would love to see Baker back during the week.

Thanks, man, take it easy.

Login to get fewer ads

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:24 - Jan 15 with 1309 viewsVish

if we have signed Remy (for reported £8m) ahead of Newcastle, clearly as a club we're frigging pathetic. No doubt we've offered some silly wages and when we go down how much of that £8m will we get back once he wants to move on? We'll be in a position where Remy wants to move, doesn't want to play for us in a lower league and we're still paying some silly wages.

On the flip side he may score all the goals in the world and somehow manage to keep us up.

However, I know what I think it more likely to happen.

We're risking the long-term future of our club here (again), and the fans will be left to pick up the pieces.
Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:36 - Jan 15 with 1279 viewsrosseeles

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:24 - Jan 15 by Vish

if we have signed Remy (for reported £8m) ahead of Newcastle, clearly as a club we're frigging pathetic. No doubt we've offered some silly wages and when we go down how much of that £8m will we get back once he wants to move on? We'll be in a position where Remy wants to move, doesn't want to play for us in a lower league and we're still paying some silly wages.

On the flip side he may score all the goals in the world and somehow manage to keep us up.

However, I know what I think it more likely to happen.

We're risking the long-term future of our club here (again), and the fans will be left to pick up the pieces.

i think were way beyond risking the future of our club, i think Mark Huges/TF pretty much took care of that.

As i said at the beginning of the window we really dont need to be signing these players, were starting to play decent with what weve got, i'd be happy with a couple of loans, but another 15mill on remy/mvila makes me feel sick. Dont get me wrong i could never dream we'd sign these type of players, as both are very decent and i do get a little twinge of excitement when these names are linked. However that's soon replaced with a massive dose of realism, that seems to be sadly lacking at the top of our club.

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:47 - Jan 15 with 1252 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Five Live reporting this morning that he looks to be heading for Newcastle as they've matched our 8m bid. No mention of wages.

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:48 - Jan 15 with 1249 viewsPommyhoop

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:36 - Jan 15 by rosseeles

i think were way beyond risking the future of our club, i think Mark Huges/TF pretty much took care of that.

As i said at the beginning of the window we really dont need to be signing these players, were starting to play decent with what weve got, i'd be happy with a couple of loans, but another 15mill on remy/mvila makes me feel sick. Dont get me wrong i could never dream we'd sign these type of players, as both are very decent and i do get a little twinge of excitement when these names are linked. However that's soon replaced with a massive dose of realism, that seems to be sadly lacking at the top of our club.

Yep .Fifteen mill gone out of the rumoued 20 mill warchest Harry was promised.Still no CB's or a RB.I know we needed a striker(and he is quality) but another midfielder?

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:48 - Jan 15 with 1246 viewsrosseeles

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:47 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Five Live reporting this morning that he looks to be heading for Newcastle as they've matched our 8m bid. No mention of wages.

They already had for Remy. Quite happy for him to go to them though
Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:55 - Jan 15 with 1227 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:48 - Jan 15 by rosseeles

They already had for Remy. Quite happy for him to go to them though

Sorry. I hadn't heard that until this morning. I thought they were still at £6m.

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:58 - Jan 15 with 1223 viewsrosseeles

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:55 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry. I hadn't heard that until this morning. I thought they were still at £6m.

last thing i saw us, newcastle and an unnamed team had had a bid accepted, newcastle very kindly flew him over for a medical and it appears were currently frontrunner (as we want to pay a stupid amount in wages)

Although fair play to Phil & Tony, they look like theyve saved the cost of flying him over, so thats saved us a few quid....
Barton says we've signed Remy on 09:00 - Jan 15 with 1210 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:36 - Jan 15 by rosseeles

Have to agree with all this.

When I was a kid I went through a clepto stage. I stole lucky bags, cola bottles and Pannini stickers by the satchelful. I had everything I wanted. It felt great, I mean deadly great. For a while. I always remember the constant nagging, sickening feeling that my reckoning was coming. It did, as it had to. I've had it when I think of Rangers' spending for well over a year.

Barton says we've signed Remy on 09:01 - Jan 15 with 1204 viewsPommyhoop

Barton says we've signed Remy on 08:58 - Jan 15 by rosseeles

last thing i saw us, newcastle and an unnamed team had had a bid accepted, newcastle very kindly flew him over for a medical and it appears were currently frontrunner (as we want to pay a stupid amount in wages)

Although fair play to Phil & Tony, they look like theyve saved the cost of flying him over, so thats saved us a few quid....

Maybe Toon will let us have a peek at the medical results too.

Barton says we've signed Remy on 09:03 - Jan 15 with 1196 viewsTheBlob

Not too disimilar to Hoilett?
Sort of Loic for Loic?

Oh suit yourselves.......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Barton says we've signed Remy on 09:04 - Jan 15 with 1182 viewsDaBurgh

No worries. Come 18:00 on the 19th of May when we are sitting in 17th position and Newcastle are 19th. We can buy him back for 3Million... Simples!!!

Barton says we've signed Remy on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 1136 viewssimmo

I cant be bothered to go through 4 pages of this, but I want to add that I have grown to deeply and quite intensely dislike Barton. I hope he falls down a well and nobody ever finds him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barton says we've signed Remy on 09:29 - Jan 15 with 1113 viewsisawqpratwcity

Barton says we've signed Remy on 09:19 - Jan 15 by simmo

I cant be bothered to go through 4 pages of this, but I want to add that I have grown to deeply and quite intensely dislike Barton. I hope he falls down a well and nobody ever finds him.

Jeez, why don't you get to the point?

(Ok, I was going to say 'don't beat around the bush', but the geography interfered.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Barton says we've signed Remy on 10:02 - Jan 15 with 1053 viewstoboboly

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Barton says we've signed Remy on 10:09 - Jan 15 with 1022 viewsFearless

Barton says we've signed Remy on 09:19 - Jan 15 by simmo

2 extremely well known QPR supporting brothers died of that within a year of each other - I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

You might consider an edit?
Barton says we've signed Remy on 10:11 - Jan 15 with 1006 viewsthame_hoops

Barton says we've signed Remy on 23:50 - Jan 14 by Juzzie

F**k me, I'm so glad I don't use Twitter. For someone, Barton, who's a self confessed intelligista (I made that word up) there's so much wrong with that whole twitter 'conversation'. Anyone with brains would know to step away, don't get involved.

"You WHERE a good player" he says to DH spelling it wrong both times.

I also thought hash tags where meant to be used to link to something or make something more searchable, but the constant use of hash-tags to score cheap points?..... #unbelievable

haha thats exactly what i dont understand about twitter and hashtags. they seem to be used to get the last word in. chris davies the telegraph tweeter also does this, it doesnt make sense to me
Barton says we've signed Remy on 10:49 - Jan 15 with 930 viewsNorthernr

Ahhh, so my early suggestion that we're being used to stoke the Newcastle offer up a bit might not be far from the truth.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024