Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? 08:38 - Jul 23 with 9172 viewsWokingR

Has anyone else noticed that current fashion and styling amongst the country's male youth is so gay

Wearing a hat for anything other than keeping the sun off your head - NO!
Skinny Jeans - NO!
Cut off skinny jeans - NO!
Plimsoles - NO!
Hair straighteners and hair spray for boys - NO!

Stop mincing around and man up or this country is doomed
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 17:29 - Jul 23 with 1823 viewsNorthernr

Fashions come and go. I look at people on the tube, particularly as I work in Shoreditch, and think "you do know you look an absolute prat surely" but each to their own. I don't really get the trend for the Deirdre Barlow glasses all of a sudden - the bigger and thicker rimmed the better. Fckin hell if I'd turned up at my secondary school in a pair of them they'd have beaten me like a Chipperfield monkey.

The thing I really don't understand is the sleeve tattoo - which now seems to be morphing into a tattoo of every bit of skin you can possibly expose. Because when giant glasses and skinny jeans are no longer in fashion you can just stop wearing them, but when tattoos stop being trendy you're stuck with them, and worse still they're going to sag and stretch when you get older.

I mean what is somebody like Matt Taylor with them covering the entirety of both arms going to look like when he's 50? Like a fcking tit is my bet. I find it quite depressing when I'#m watching football or Rugby League and the commentators say "and here comes the youngster Callum Whatshisname from the bench, 17 years of age for his first team debut" and some fresh face child emerges already covered in tats.

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 17:31 - Jul 23 with 1820 viewsJuzzie

I work for a major recod company and a few months ago we had a surprise fire drill.

When we got back, one of my colleagues put on facbook "fire drill at work, biggest congregation of skinny jeans and large glasses in the whole of London".

Made me laugh anyway. He wasn't wrong, he needed to add check shirts to that too and it would have been spot on.

It was like a collection of Androgynyous clones.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 18:22 - Jul 23 with 1792 viewsgordanoR

My sister who is considerably younger than me introduced me to her new boyfriend a couple of years ago. He looked like Limahl in skinny jeans & a tw@t hat FFS. I'm sure he was a nice guy but i couldn't take him serioulsy looking like that.

My Gran who is 95 & survived Stalin's deportations of Poles to Siberia during the war was utterly baffled & referred to him as a puppet.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 18:43 - Jul 23 with 1782 viewsAunt_Nelly

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 10:45 - Jul 23 by Konk

Smedley Polo shirts demand to have the top button done up and always have.

Smedley Sea Island and merino absolutely. Should be made law.
Cotton piqué polos may be worn with the top MOP button on or off.

Fatties shouldn't wear any of the above.

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 18:58 - Jul 23 with 1764 viewspaulparker

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 17:29 - Jul 23 by Northernr

Fashions come and go. I look at people on the tube, particularly as I work in Shoreditch, and think "you do know you look an absolute prat surely" but each to their own. I don't really get the trend for the Deirdre Barlow glasses all of a sudden - the bigger and thicker rimmed the better. Fckin hell if I'd turned up at my secondary school in a pair of them they'd have beaten me like a Chipperfield monkey.

The thing I really don't understand is the sleeve tattoo - which now seems to be morphing into a tattoo of every bit of skin you can possibly expose. Because when giant glasses and skinny jeans are no longer in fashion you can just stop wearing them, but when tattoos stop being trendy you're stuck with them, and worse still they're going to sag and stretch when you get older.

I mean what is somebody like Matt Taylor with them covering the entirety of both arms going to look like when he's 50? Like a fcking tit is my bet. I find it quite depressing when I'#m watching football or Rugby League and the commentators say "and here comes the youngster Callum Whatshisname from the bench, 17 years of age for his first team debut" and some fresh face child emerges already covered in tats.

100% agree North, the sleeve Tatt is so chavy now its untrue , same as seeing some spotty Herbert walking up the high street with his sports & soccer tracksuit bottoms on with no top with his neck tattoos all on show
I manage a team of ten at work mostly youngsters and took them out on a night out, now when I go to a restaurant then on to a nice bar I like to look smart
so there I was nice jacket, jeans, shoes etc then all my lot turn up
crap t shirts , jeans with there arses on show and fecking espadrilles,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 19:28 - Jul 23 with 1743 viewsderbyhoop

Mullets and super size flares
Two tone suits and pork pie hats
Punk and New Romantics

And we're criticising the Yoof of Today?
Look back at all the horror fashions we followed over the last 30 years and we're in no position to talk. Me included.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 19:40 - Jul 23 with 1735 viewsloftboy

In 1983 i became a casual, my older brother ripped the shit out of me, but looking back the pringle jumpers with lois cords was actually quite smart compared to todays offerings. Some of my polo shirts back then cost me 50 quid which was a weeks wages for me then.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 19:58 - Jul 23 with 1719 viewsToast_R

I think the fundamental thing is, when you get older most of us realise it's all bullish*t.

Designer labels, cheap cars with big exhausts and speakers that cost more then the Vauxhall Nova, Ford XR2, XR3i, Golf GTi or whatever insurance brokers wet dream you chose to hang them in (and then wonder why your back window got smashed and the said speakers removed).

Silly fashion fads don't last. Used to be a bit of a grunger myself back in the early to mid 90's. Long hair with an undercut, 20 B&H, lump of weed and a can of Super Strongbow even though the smell of cider that dry made me want to heave. You did it cos every other f*cker was doing it.
Login to get fewer ads

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 20:49 - Jul 23 with 1678 viewsJamie

If you're under 30 and don't have a hitler youth haircut, boots, super skinny jeans, ironic jumper and oversized glasses you've as much chance of getting laid as the Elephant Man.

ATAF.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 23:23 - Jul 23 with 1617 viewskensalriser

I can say with absolute confidence that I must have looked a complete and utter tw@t as a teenager. No regrets though, it's what being a teenager is all about. better that than to look like one of these latter day conformists who wear hoodies and track bottoms. Plus I never looked as tw@ttish as a burgundy boy.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 23:26 - Jul 23 with 1611 viewsJAPRANGERS

Anyone who walks around with their arse on show simply means that they want it up their arse.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 23:47 - Jul 23 with 1593 viewscalders

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 23:26 - Jul 23 by JAPRANGERS

Anyone who walks around with their arse on show simply means that they want it up their arse.

The so called gangster look cracks me up, jeans around the bottom of there arse, " that's really scary" cracks me up even more when I see middle class ex public school boys doing it.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 23:54 - Jul 23 with 1589 viewsjo_qpr63

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 19:58 - Jul 23 by Toast_R

I think the fundamental thing is, when you get older most of us realise it's all bullish*t.

Designer labels, cheap cars with big exhausts and speakers that cost more then the Vauxhall Nova, Ford XR2, XR3i, Golf GTi or whatever insurance brokers wet dream you chose to hang them in (and then wonder why your back window got smashed and the said speakers removed).

Silly fashion fads don't last. Used to be a bit of a grunger myself back in the early to mid 90's. Long hair with an undercut, 20 B&H, lump of weed and a can of Super Strongbow even though the smell of cider that dry made me want to heave. You did it cos every other f*cker was doing it.

Lol .grunge!
Early 90's for me was chipie jeans,naf naf puffa jackets,filas or nike airs
Then tried looking more respectable wearing ben sherman shirts, levi 501,reebok classics,but then ruined it by having a stupid Liam bl**dy gallager haircut from time to time.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 00:49 - Jul 24 with 1569 viewsBluce_Ree

Bunch of bummers if you ask me. I blame young people for effectively ruining anything that was ever good.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 08:44 - Jul 24 with 1521 viewsjonno

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 17:29 - Jul 23 by Northernr

Couldn't agree more on the tattoos thing. And all that hugging I find a bit weird as well!
Nothing wrong with these lads from the 70's!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 11:47 - Jul 24 with 1471 viewswestberksr

the tats issue confuses me...

when i was young, someone with a substantial covering of tattoos was to be avoided at all costs, perhaps even cross the road to avoid.

these days they are as likely to hold the door open for you as you are old, and be called Tarquin or William. Northern mentioning Matt Taylor is a good example; a less gangsta footballer would be hard to find, having been brought up on the mean streets of Oxford; now looking like something off death row!

As for the skinny jeans; you'd not have lasted 5 minutes in the late 70's and early 80's. clothes needed to be functional in that you needed to be able to run away from other gangs/or chase (delete as applicable)

can't imagine watching hoards of teens chasing each other for a ruck in skinny jeans; would have made a good sketch on a comedy show.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 12:08 - Jul 24 with 1454 viewsNorthernr

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 11:47 - Jul 24 by westberksr

the tats issue confuses me...

when i was young, someone with a substantial covering of tattoos was to be avoided at all costs, perhaps even cross the road to avoid.

these days they are as likely to hold the door open for you as you are old, and be called Tarquin or William. Northern mentioning Matt Taylor is a good example; a less gangsta footballer would be hard to find, having been brought up on the mean streets of Oxford; now looking like something off death row!

As for the skinny jeans; you'd not have lasted 5 minutes in the late 70's and early 80's. clothes needed to be functional in that you needed to be able to run away from other gangs/or chase (delete as applicable)

can't imagine watching hoards of teens chasing each other for a ruck in skinny jeans; would have made a good sketch on a comedy show.

I can't be the only one that thinks this looks bloody daft....
http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Tom-Briscoe-Challenge-Cup-win-fitting-e
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 1452 viewshoopstilidie

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 08:44 - Jul 24 by jonno

Couldn't agree more on the tattoos thing. And all that hugging I find a bit weird as well!
Nothing wrong with these lads from the 70's!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

That's the R's midfield line up from '76 isn't it?

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 12:16 - Jul 24 with 1444 viewsJuzzie

This will be your children when they get older....

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 12:27 - Jul 24 with 1430 viewsspencer

Wear what you want to wear. Hug who you want to hug - takes me more time to leave the pub now than actually have a drink after hugging and kissing everyone we know and don't know.Wear pink shirts to fu.k off Big man knee deep in grease, probably drives a 4 x 4 and has a pit bull whatever as a pet.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 15:40 - Jul 24 with 1387 viewsnhd23

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 12:16 - Jul 24 by Juzzie

This will be your children when they get older....

All the young blokes I worked with in my last job are like little clones of one another,that stupid Joey Essex Hair,stupid tattoos and jean shorts.

I hate all of the above,we can blame Beckham for making tattoo's 'cool' - they are one of the things I hate more than anything,all these morons think they are being original with them and their 'Only God can judge me' bullshit neck tattoos,they're wrong there because I certainly am judging them,the silly little tw*ts.

Another worrying trend is MEN going for sunbeds,my mate actually updates his facebook status when he goes for one,its embarrassing how much like women blokes are nowadays,how anyone can look at Beckham's tattoos and think it looks good or watch the only way is f'ing Essex and aspire to be like any of the cretins I've seen in the papers from that show is utterly beyond me.Im only 33 and feel so old compared to the idiots in their twenties and early thirties out inhaling balloons in Shoreditch,taking MDMA,wearing their jean shorts,fake tan and Joey Essex Hair.
Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 16:35 - Jul 24 with 1368 viewstoboboly

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 23:26 - Jul 23 by JAPRANGERS

Not sure that defence would stand up in court.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 17:17 - Jul 24 with 1349 viewsJuzzie

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 16:35 - Jul 24 by toboboly

Not sure that defence would stand up in court.

Nor would the victim.

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 17:28 - Jul 24 with 1342 viewsJuzzie

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 15:40 - Jul 24 by nhd23

All the young blokes I worked with in my last job are like little clones of one another,that stupid Joey Essex Hair,stupid tattoos and jean shorts.

I hate all of the above,we can blame Beckham for making tattoo's 'cool' - they are one of the things I hate more than anything,all these morons think they are being original with them and their 'Only God can judge me' bullshit neck tattoos,they're wrong there because I certainly am judging them,the silly little tw*ts.

Another worrying trend is MEN going for sunbeds,my mate actually updates his facebook status when he goes for one,its embarrassing how much like women blokes are nowadays,how anyone can look at Beckham's tattoos and think it looks good or watch the only way is f'ing Essex and aspire to be like any of the cretins I've seen in the papers from that show is utterly beyond me.Im only 33 and feel so old compared to the idiots in their twenties and early thirties out inhaling balloons in Shoreditch,taking MDMA,wearing their jean shorts,fake tan and Joey Essex Hair.

With regards to the last section, someone told me a few years ago it was done to generate money for the hairdressing, fashion, grooming products, etc etc industries.

With these things being predominantly female, there was a huge gap in the market to be tapped into that could significantly increase the money coming into these industries..... men.

Why are teenage lads becoming so gay ? on 17:29 - Jul 24 with 1340 viewsLewes_r

its all "Emo" innit.. just an act for fashion thus gaining more pussy

I wouldnt worry too much

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024