Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
crouch or hoillet 21:47 - Aug 25 with 3898 viewsenfieldargh

trade Hoillet for Crouch....would you?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

crouch or hoillet on 21:47 - Aug 25 with 3019 viewsDieByYourSide

no

Poll: And it's hi ho

crouch or hoillet on 21:56 - Aug 25 with 2996 viewscowleyhoop

No chance but if stoke have activated the clause in Hoillets contract it might be worth taking him as part of the deal. But if the clause is £7million how much should we be willing to knock off in order to get him. Personaly i don't think we should pay more than £2.5million for Crouch
crouch or hoillet on 21:59 - Aug 25 with 2983 viewsNorthernr

Good question.

I said we'd be short of creativity if Taarabt went, and we are. So Hoilett is crucial.
Everybody can see Zamora is shot, so a new striker capable of being a lead front man is crucial - Crouch.
But Hoilett is always injured, but if we get Crouch then who would supply him?

If Hoilett goes we need two more creative midfield players. Even with him we're still short.
crouch or hoillet on 22:10 - Aug 25 with 2943 viewsHollowayRanger

RATHER HAVE THE 7 million and sign calton cole and some up and coming winger from weaker championship club of lower divsions or overseas or on loan or from the moon

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

crouch or hoillet on 22:12 - Aug 25 with 2939 viewsBexleyQPR

Have it in v good authority Crouch will NOT be coming to the Rs. Too expensive.

Poll: Are QPR the Finest Team in all the land?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:19 - Aug 25 with 2913 viewsEalingRanger

crouch or hoillet on 22:22 - Aug 25 with 2895 viewscowleyhoop

Yeh sounds about right im sure i read he's on around £80k aweek and we couldn't pay that. I wouldn't want Carlton Cole as im not a big fan of his but he'd be better than poor old Bobby right now.
crouch or hoillet on 22:25 - Aug 25 with 2889 viewsFredManRave

For purely footballing reasons then I would take the swap because quite simply we'll score/win more with Crouch. And if this was to be the only transfer activity left then an even more definite yes as we desperately need an additional striker. However, as mentioned, financially a straight swap doesn't work because Hoillet is worth more.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

crouch or hoillet on 22:38 - Aug 25 with 2855 viewshoopdog

20+ goals or a ball player who has no final ball no brainer imo
crouch or hoillet on 22:40 - Aug 25 with 2852 viewsrsonist

In Austin and AJ we have two hard-working, mobile strikers that struggle for service even despite their best efforts. Taking a nippy winger away for Crouchie on the wane and setting up for a London media career is no answer to anything.
crouch or hoillet on 00:05 - Aug 26 with 2745 viewsLblock

How about we agree to £5.5mill plus Crouchie PLUS they have to take Zamora?

DEAL!

Juniors playing well, very well when fit
Will that continue once window shut? Only he knows

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

crouch or hoillet on 00:48 - Aug 26 with 2710 viewstimcocking

???!!! If Crouch was 10 years younger, maybe. Now, no way. For a start, i like the look of Austin and Johnson, i think they'll both score more goals than Crouchie, much as i like the guy.
crouch or hoillet on 06:39 - Aug 26 with 2641 viewsHAYESBOY

No chance.

Hoillett has looked very good a this level and is still young enough to get better and be an asset in the Prem hopefully.

As much as I love Crouch. 32, no resale value and no guarantee he will score 20+ goals.

I am looking forward for when we are able to play Hoillett and M.Phillips together.

I would rather we brought in a young striker to supplement what we have already.

Another alternative is if we bought Crouch. 3m max for me but I do not think it will happen.

Smells like a trout farm in here

crouch or hoillet on 08:01 - Aug 26 with 2581 viewsheadhoops

Agree to sell them Hoilett but send them SWP in his shirt- might work as that clueless tw&t Hughes wouldn't notice- in fact send them Zamora and tell him Junior back to the weight he was whilst Hughes was here.

Keep junior - I like AJ and Austin

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

crouch or hoillet on 08:38 - Aug 26 with 2536 viewsCHUBBS

I'd be reluctant to sell Hoillet unless we had a decent replacement lined up.
He is on very big money so if offered 7 million we could get a decent replacement on half the wages.We are a championship club after all.
He has been playing well so far but lets not forget we're playing at a lower level than last season.
As for Crouch i wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.Too old,too injury prone and on the sort of wage that's put us in this division.
crouch or hoillet on 08:48 - Aug 26 with 2523 viewsQPRDave

not a chance......don't want to do that b"stard at stoke any favours .....Hoilett is one for the future here, he's started well this season we need him
Btw where is said that Hoilett has a clause and if he does where does it say the stoke have activated it?....Anyway a player doesn't have to go even if a clause is met
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 8:53]
crouch or hoillet on 09:13 - Aug 26 with 2488 viewsfakekerby

No.

But if I was given the chance of Crouch under the terms we agreed for Parker i.e. 2 mil I'd be pleased with that.
crouch or hoillet on 09:18 - Aug 26 with 2478 viewsVish

Not saying we should sign him, but hasn't Carlton Cole been snapped up by someone yet?
crouch or hoillet on 09:22 - Aug 26 with 2474 viewsTHEBUSH

No, Hoillet is the future, Crouch is the past, although I'd say yes to Crouch and Hoillet.
crouch or hoillet on 09:27 - Aug 26 with 2462 viewsVish

Exactly this. We would be signing Crouch to help us get promoted, but if we did manage to do it we would probably be looking to replace him for better quality and someone younger.

Hoilett on the other hand offers us creativity now which we are desperately lacking, he can also perform for years to come.
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:28 - Aug 26 with 2460 viewsLoft1979

crouch or hoillet on 11:10 - Aug 26 with 2371 viewsJonDoeman

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/218780/crouch-dog-awful

It Is What It Is !!

crouch or hoillet on 11:31 - Aug 26 with 2348 viewsPinnerPaul

crouch or hoillet on 22:38 - Aug 25 by hoopdog

20+ goals or a ball player who has no final ball no brainer imo

who's getting the 20 goals?

Stat on MOTD last night re Crouch - 3 goals in an awful lot of matches (80 odd?)

Some stato can look it up & give us the actual stat, but must be carerful we're considering the player he is, not just bigging him up because he is "one of us"
crouch or hoillet on 11:36 - Aug 26 with 2341 viewsCHUBBS

crouch or hoillet on 11:10 - Aug 26 by JonDoeman

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/218780/crouch-dog-awful

I watched long periods of that game and thought he looked like a carbon copy of BZ.
He looked slow and couldn't get off the floor like he once did.
He's shot and if Fernandes signs him on more than a 1 season deal then he deserves everything he gets.
If we actually paid a fee for him i'd be amazed.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 11:37]
crouch or hoillet on 11:36 - Aug 26 with 2337 viewsClive_Anderson

Definitely not. I like Crouch, but he's 30, on big wages and a lot of Stoke supporters seem to think he's past it.

Would take £7m for Hoillet though.

Edit Also wouldn't mind Walters, works hard and think he'd do well in this league.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 11:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024