Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coaching shake-up? 18:20 - Sep 30 with 2066 viewskropotkin41

So, I think it's a shame that McClaren has gone, but it's got me thinking - rare enough to warrant a thread by itself some might say.

Was he appointed, as Harry seems to suggest, just because he was available, or did he fill an identified need?

Now that he has gone, will Harry want to replace him or will there be a shake-up in the coaching set-up? Anyone lined up?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Coaching shake-up? on 18:26 - Sep 30 with 2041 viewsJuzzie

I think that McClaren was always a short-term appointmet. 3 months or so over the summer. If another club came in for him, QPR weren't going to stand in his way.

I don't think he'll be replaced as such as we already have a coaching set up with Jordan etc.
Coaching shake-up? on 18:30 - Sep 30 with 2022 viewsLblock

I thought the 3 month contract was because he was only helping out while 'Arry was an 'op-a-long?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Coaching shake-up? on 18:48 - Sep 30 with 1963 viewsthemodfather

well good luck to him except when we play derby of course
i was dubious but he must have had some good influence.
Coaching shake-up? on 19:39 - Sep 30 with 1841 viewsBklynRanger

HR's last comments were the most enthusiastic ones about him staying.

He went from the 'short term' stuff to publicly hoping that he'd stay for the season, help get us back up and then look at his options.

So its not the apocalypse but it seems there will be a need for an adjustment certainly.
Coaching shake-up? on 20:34 - Sep 30 with 1683 viewsLblock

Just read the other "WTF?!" thread.

Point made that his coaching methods very well respected.
Surely after 3 months of day to day work those methods are drilled and could be picked up by one of the other highly paid members of the staff. Same stuff, different organ grinder?

If nothing else then Schtevie Boy has earnt his forgiveness from me for that fateful wet night at Wembley.
Now Scott C**t Carson is a different kettle of worms all together...

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Coaching shake-up? on 21:24 - Sep 30 with 1568 viewsbosh67

Great shame. I think he is a great coach rather than a manager but he has so many ties to derby, so who can blame him. Thanks for all the help. Made a big difference.

Who do we get in?

Ossie Ardiles (friend of HR and has played for us and Spurs)
Glenn Hoddle (friend of HR and would be popular with the midfielders)
Alan Curbishley (friend of HR and well, a great coach)
Glenn Roeder (friend of HR and although not a great manager, a proven coach)
Les Ferdinand (friend of HR and legend here)
Tim Sherwood (friend of HR and proven coach)
Frank Lampard Senior (Too old but was a great coach at West Ham)
Jamie Redknapp (was approached by Chelsea as a coach a year or so back. Very popular with players)

OR... we promote another legend, Paul Furlong, who is currently the academy coach and by all accounts is a natural coach! Again, would be popular.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Coaching shake-up? on 23:53 - Sep 30 with 1356 viewscowleyhoop

Add Micheal Appleton to that list whilst he's struggled as a manager he's very highly thought of as a coach
Coaching shake-up? on 23:57 - Sep 30 with 1347 viewsJigsore

Coaching shake-up? on 23:53 - Sep 30 by cowleyhoop

Add Micheal Appleton to that list whilst he's struggled as a manager he's very highly thought of as a coach

Him and Jonjo Shelvey could start a fantastic Voldemort double act if there's no jobs going

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Coaching shake-up? on 00:17 - Oct 1 with 1321 viewsTacticalR

Coaching shake-up? on 23:57 - Sep 30 by Jigsore

Him and Jonjo Shelvey could start a fantastic Voldemort double act if there's no jobs going

Yes! The Harry Potter academy of football. That could work.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024