Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Coverage - what a joke 00:45 - Oct 6 with 6125 viewsWilloW4

We get 60 seconds coverage of our game today and then Leroy (yawn) says "Yeah, they've kept 8 clean sheets", then the other bloke starts talking about Forest. They'll have to start giving us credit soon, surely.

As for the game, it was p*ss poor for 65 mins and then again for another 20. Big tick to Charlie for running himself into the ground. And Mr Dunne too. 3 points very welcome, but let's be honest it was a bit of a yawn.

Footnote... Good to see new striker Chevanton having a go, looking lively, and a joy not to see Jenas and Traore not come on, well it helped to make my day. Come on you Rs!
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 01:33 - Oct 6 with 4501 views18StoneOfHoop

Yeah WilloW4,it was great when in the last 10 mins at a time we had to shut up shop dear old Harry jowly chops sent on for the knackered Niko,Joey's mate Kelvin and not the open space that is Jermaine 'the friendly ghost' Jenas.

Sod's law the only home game I've missed in the league was last week's Hoops - by all accounts and YouTube video evidence - performance of the season and was hoping for much better quality,creativity and ingenuity versuses the Tykes.. more expansive and less turgid... but it was not to be.
The Redknapp Plan B of bringing on Junior on the hour - to give us much needed width,pace & the threat of someone willing to take on a man rather than just pass the easy ball - worked an instant treat though.

To make up a tiny little bit for Auntie Beeb not showing nearly enough of us for our insatiable appetites here's a wee Lower Loft vid perspective of Charlie's penalty :

STOP PRESS Addendum:

Note a large hand held camera a few rows in front to the right..pretty sure that's the quality Panasonic of the Norwegian BetaCam geezer who posts on DotOrg the grammar school board. His QPR YouTube vids are different class. e.g. the only YouTube video of the Heidar Helguson penalty v scum on 23rd October 2011.

The official club free YouTube highlights package of just under 2 minutes I expect to be uploaded & published on on YouTube sometime on Monday.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And here's one-time Specials collaborator Mr Rico Rodriguez from Wareika,Jamaica with his dubby version of Dave Brubeck's jazz classic 'Take Five'. What's that got to do with the price of QPR you may well ask and I have to respond Faaaaaaaarrrrkkk All but I'm 18 Stone and I do what I want. Some northern herbert called Clive? Eight stone dripping wet if he's kept to his beef dripping & tripe diet.. Are you sure,John?

So solly Mister Clive
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 7:04]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 01:47 - Oct 6 with 4483 viewsTacticalR

How come we seemed to be on the telly so much the last time we were in the Championship?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 1:49]

Air hostess clique

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 01:55 - Oct 6 with 4455 viewsNW5Hoop

Come on, you can understand it, can't you? We had two shocking live games early in the season, and although we've been winning we haven't been doing it in enough style to make it worth sending the extra cameras down for a main game. Last week's was the only game I'd genuinely like to have seen a lot more of on TV.
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 02:11 - Oct 6 with 4435 views18StoneOfHoop

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 01:47 - Oct 6 by TacticalR

How come we seemed to be on the telly so much the last time we were in the Championship?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 1:49]

Maybe that's the memory playing tricks,Tactical.
I ain't got and will never have Sky so rely completely on the BBC for R's coverage.
The Beeb's remit and
the unyeilding non-changing format of the Football League Show is at the very least to show every goal scored by every one of the 72 English professional non-Prem clubs .In a running time of 70 to 85 minutes that leaves very little time for any extras. There is one 5minutesish highlights package of the championship match of the day and then one report behind the scenes at an in-the-news topical
club from Clemmo -another 5 mins- and then you've got the pointless time-eating inane drivel betweenthe
ex-pro with Manish part,telling us what we have
just watched, to say this is what you've just watched,with our just about
acceptable old boy Leroy or the dreaded peanut head Claridge with added nuggets of insight such as 'I was at such&such with such&such & he's always been a good lad'.

If only they could drop all pretence of analysis in the studio with banale Bhasin &
Rosenior or Claridge they would free up time to show maybe a second, or third even, 5minuteish match highlights package.

Another big problem is that starting at 10:30pm ish there is nigh on 3 hours of footie highlights.That is far too much, too long, finishing far too late, even for footie fanatics like myself and I, as I'm sure thousands of others also do, often end up .
If only they could split the package up and show the Football League Show on Sunday morning @ 10/11am (or 4:30pm if a morning start time pisses off too many Sunday footballers)
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 4:12]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 02:21 - Oct 6 with 4414 viewsWilloW4

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 01:33 - Oct 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

Yeah WilloW4,it was great when in the last 10 mins at a time we had to shut up shop dear old Harry jowly chops sent on for the knackered Niko,Joey's mate Kelvin and not the open space that is Jermaine 'the friendly ghost' Jenas.

Sod's law the only home game I've missed in the league was last week's Hoops - by all accounts and YouTube video evidence - performance of the season and was hoping for much better quality,creativity and ingenuity versuses the Tykes.. more expansive and less turgid... but it was not to be.
The Redknapp Plan B of bringing on Junior on the hour - to give us much needed width,pace & the threat of someone willing to take on a man rather than just pass the easy ball - worked an instant treat though.

To make up a tiny little bit for Auntie Beeb not showing nearly enough of us for our insatiable appetites here's a wee Lower Loft vid perspective of Charlie's penalty :

STOP PRESS Addendum:

Note a large hand held camera a few rows in front to the right..pretty sure that's the quality Panasonic of the Norwegian BetaCam geezer who posts on DotOrg the grammar school board. His QPR YouTube vids are different class. e.g. the only YouTube video of the Heidar Helguson penalty v scum on 23rd October 2011.

The official club free YouTube highlights package of just under 2 minutes I expect to be uploaded & published on on YouTube sometime on Monday.

And here's one-time Specials collaborator Mr Rico Rodriguez from Wareika,Jamaica with his dubby version of Dave Brubeck's jazz classic 'Take Five'. What's that got to do with the price of QPR you may well ask and I have to respond Faaaaaaaarrrrkkk All but I'm 18 Stone and I do what I want. Some northern herbert called Clive? Eight stone dripping wet if he's kept to his beef dripping & tripe diet.. Are you sure,John?

So solly Mister Clive

Cheers 18 stone of hoop . Nice video. Ta.
(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 02:23 - Oct 6 with 4412 viewsWilloW4

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 01:33 - Oct 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

STOP PRESS Addendum:

So solly Mister Clive

[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 17:04]
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 03:12 - Oct 6 with 4367 viewsqueensparker

Who cares if we're not getting any credit / coverage?

As someone else said you can read more intelligent analysis about the game from people who were there on this messageboard than listening to Claridge / Rosenior trotting out two lines cribbed from the morning's paper befpre pretending to know about Fleetwood's manager or something.

The longer we stay under the radar the better, let's just get on with it.
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 03:30 - Oct 6 with 4349 viewsWilloW4

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 03:12 - Oct 6 by queensparker

Who cares if we're not getting any credit / coverage?

As someone else said you can read more intelligent analysis about the game from people who were there on this messageboard than listening to Claridge / Rosenior trotting out two lines cribbed from the morning's paper befpre pretending to know about Fleetwood's manager or something.

The longer we stay under the radar the better, let's just get on with it.

I was there, and we were very poor most of the game, fact, 3 points, great!! But we could do better is all I hear from redknapp et al, some entertainment wouldn't go a miss!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 07:46 - Oct 6 with 4180 viewsdaveB

I'm not sure what else they could have shown, it was a poor game and i don't remember many chances they could have featured.

We had this last time we were in this division moaning the bbc hate us etc but they have 90 minutes to show 72 clubs, they can't do 5 minute highlights of everyone
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 08:06 - Oct 6 with 4146 viewscjc

Dis Wey cool music, Mon!

If anyone can give me good tunes to listen too amd tell me of things to do, would really appreciate it Mon. Going to live in Westmoreland near Montego Bay, Jamaica from the 1 St of December.

Thanks Mon,

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 08:21 - Oct 6 with 4094 viewsWeaverQPR

Sky show the goals after 6 oclock anyway so you dont need to wait until after midnight to see 30 second clip.

@WeavQPR

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 09:38 - Oct 6 with 3924 viewsTonto

not sure what you are expecting. UNlike match of the day which only has to show 5 or 6 games and can provide in depth analysis of each, the Football League Game has 36 games to show in the same time. They cannot give large amounts of time to each game and/or club.

If we had done something special, then yes thats fair, but we didnt.

Lets not become as arrogant as Che$ki fans demanding attention when we dont deserve it.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 10:21 - Oct 6 with 3826 viewsHollowayRanger

LOOK ODDS are burnley v QPR will be the feature match

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 11:23 - Oct 6 with 3716 viewswalshy15a

At least we were spared any boring dross from Mr Cuprinol Man...( Steve Claridge ) he`d put an Insomniac to Sleep
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 13:46 - Oct 6 with 3559 viewsTacticalR

@18StoneOfHoop 'Maybe that's the memory playing tricks,Tactical.
I ain't got and will never have Sky so rely completely on the BBC for R's coverage.'

Quite possibly the memory. But the season we went up it seemed like we were either on the telly (quite a few live matches on BBC), or you could watch via a stream (I don't have Sky either by the way).

Air hostess clique

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 13:55 - Oct 6 with 3535 viewsWeaverQPR

I seem to remember we went a good while without a staurday 3 oclock kick off as they kept getting moved to sundays/mondays etc

@WeavQPR

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 14:10 - Oct 6 with 3509 viewsBrightonhoop

I never bother tuning into BBC anymore, get it off the QPR live you tube thingy instead. Last time BBC did anything of worthy coverage on us was several years back, live 90 mins at Derby. Was classic English Football and we won, 2-0/3-1? Memory playing tricks. It was on a calibre of 1970's coverage and rare and great to see. The Football League show is so trashy in particular, it looks like a US import. Dire at best.
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 16:44 - Oct 6 with 3397 viewsderbyhoop

The remit of the Football League Show is to show the Football League. All 72 clubs, not just ours.

1 featured game takes a sizeable chunk, so they are never going to show much of the other games. If we get involved in a 6-5 thriller then they will show more than 60 seconds. Until then, make do with what they do show AND/OR subscribe to QPR Player, where you are likely to get extended (10-15 minutes) of highlights.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 16:49 - Oct 6 with 3390 viewsjonno

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 16:44 - Oct 6 by derbyhoop

The remit of the Football League Show is to show the Football League. All 72 clubs, not just ours.

1 featured game takes a sizeable chunk, so they are never going to show much of the other games. If we get involved in a 6-5 thriller then they will show more than 60 seconds. Until then, make do with what they do show AND/OR subscribe to QPR Player, where you are likely to get extended (10-15 minutes) of highlights.

Exactly. There's 16 mins of yesterday's game on QPR Player now - what is it? £35 a year or something? Not a lot.
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 17:14 - Oct 6 with 3350 viewsactonman

Not being funny but the bbc could quite easily show more of all the championship games and broadcast it as another show. I know not everyone wants to see championship games and you can't blame people for not watching when the programme doesn't bloody start till midnight.

They don't even show a midweek show when the league clubs play ?
It's not like they have anything decent on anyway.

Most premier league fans (you know the sort who only think lower league clubs magically appear from nowhere around fa cup 3rd round time) would probably tune in if they didn't have to stay up half the night to watch it
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 17:25 - Oct 6 with 3332 viewsQPR442

The BBC program is a waste of time. I never watch it now as I know how poor it is.
Agree though its the same old shite week after week.
Driving back from the game yesterday the BBC radio post match interview with Harry was the same as it's been all season... ' Well Harry what has it been like with the players since last season in the Premiership' and 'How are the new players getting on since the Premiership relegation' Yawn Yawn Yawn.
Sadly the once great BBC is a shadow of its former self.
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 17:32 - Oct 6 with 3320 viewsMonahoop

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 14:10 - Oct 6 by Brightonhoop

I never bother tuning into BBC anymore, get it off the QPR live you tube thingy instead. Last time BBC did anything of worthy coverage on us was several years back, live 90 mins at Derby. Was classic English Football and we won, 2-0/3-1? Memory playing tricks. It was on a calibre of 1970's coverage and rare and great to see. The Football League show is so trashy in particular, it looks like a US import. Dire at best.

Was that the game where QPR were 2-0 down despite out playing Derby, but fought back to win 4-2? Superb game if I recall. Magiltons finest hour, before it all went pear shaped.

That Football League show is a joke and a waste of time. There seems little point in fans seeing a few seconds of their teams efforts or lack of them that day being played to an accompaniment of 'canned' football chants and cheers. Waiting up to eke out any high moments in a goal less, soul less slog between Plymouth and Accrington at 1.30 in the morning is bordering on insanity. And that prune Clem whatever he calls himself. What a sap he is.
That programme should follow the old MOTD or Big Match format and show highlights of three games say one from each division and preferably fronted by a couple of guys who know what they're talking about and look half interested.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 18:02 - Oct 6 with 3275 viewsBrightonhoop

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 17:32 - Oct 6 by Monahoop

Was that the game where QPR were 2-0 down despite out playing Derby, but fought back to win 4-2? Superb game if I recall. Magiltons finest hour, before it all went pear shaped.

That Football League show is a joke and a waste of time. There seems little point in fans seeing a few seconds of their teams efforts or lack of them that day being played to an accompaniment of 'canned' football chants and cheers. Waiting up to eke out any high moments in a goal less, soul less slog between Plymouth and Accrington at 1.30 in the morning is bordering on insanity. And that prune Clem whatever he calls himself. What a sap he is.
That programme should follow the old MOTD or Big Match format and show highlights of three games say one from each division and preferably fronted by a couple of guys who know what they're talking about and look half interested.

That's the one Mona, Magiltons finest hour indeed. Was a cracking game to be able t watch live on a Saturday tea time
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 19:11 - Oct 6 with 3208 viewsRed_Ranger

I hate that programme.
One of best things about Prem was the TV accessibility. Wiziwig etc.
BBC Coverage - what a joke on 09:17 - Oct 7 with 2941 viewsstowmarketrange

BBC Coverage - what a joke on 18:02 - Oct 6 by Brightonhoop

That's the one Mona, Magiltons finest hour indeed. Was a cracking game to be able t watch live on a Saturday tea time

I almost broke my toe kicking the chair after Lily Savage put the rams 2-0 up.It stopped hurting at ft after we won 3-2.
The previous time when we went up 3 years ago,we didn't have a home Saturday game between late November and early March,due to tv switching games and Xmas,New Year games.And we were all moaning about the lack of coverage then too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024