Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough bid for Hogan 20:10 - Jan 7 with 51747 viewsoddjob007

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:17 - Jan 8 with 2748 viewssweetcorn

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:17 - Jan 8 with 2750 viewssandylaner1

sell our star player halfway into the season when we've got so much to play for yeah that will really get people through the gates

bollocks
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:19 - Jan 8 with 2725 viewsDaley_Lama

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:16 - Jan 8 by TVOS1907

At least they waited until March before pinching Peter Costello.

At least they waited until May before punching Glenn Poole

Poll: DF in or out

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:20 - Jan 8 with 2713 viewssandylaner1

SHORT SIGHTED i don't care what the money is up front we could lose out on fa cup/promo etc

lost for words
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:20 - Jan 8 with 2693 viewsisitme

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:17 - Jan 8 by sandylaner1

sell our star player halfway into the season when we've got so much to play for yeah that will really get people through the gates

bollocks

So if someone offered you a better job and you could significantly increase your wages would you turn it down?

I don't want to see Hogan leave, but let's be realistic we are a stepping stone for better players and if it makes half a million plus for the club it helps to secure our financial future for the next couple of seasons at least.

No player is bigger than the club and until we get a rich owner we will always have to be a selling club.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:21 - Jan 8 with 2685 viewsSalwaDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:20 - Jan 8 by sandylaner1

SHORT SIGHTED i don't care what the money is up front we could lose out on fa cup/promo etc

lost for words

OK, how can you say you don't care what the money is up front. What if it was £10 000 000? Ridiculous statement clearly but every player ALWAYS has a price.

TBBT

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:24 - Jan 8 with 2640 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:17 - Jan 8 by sandylaner1

bollocks

Despite there no doubt being logic to it should Hogan indeed be sold, I agree that the message it sends out is still a poor one.

Lyle Taylor and Farid El Alagui have just been papped back up to Scotland from Sheffield Utd and Brentford respectively too. Both are good strikers that we could've brought here for a few months.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:26 - Jan 8 with 2596 viewsDorsetDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:21 - Jan 8 by SalwaDale

OK, how can you say you don't care what the money is up front. What if it was £10 000 000? Ridiculous statement clearly but every player ALWAYS has a price.

Indeed! The crucial comment in all this is as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, if Hill is ok with any transfer it's good enough for me. We can trust he'll get someone in that will contribute towards a promotion, if not this season then hopefully next.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:26 - Jan 8 with 2586 viewsDaleFan7

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:20 - Jan 8 by isitme

So if someone offered you a better job and you could significantly increase your wages would you turn it down?

I don't want to see Hogan leave, but let's be realistic we are a stepping stone for better players and if it makes half a million plus for the club it helps to secure our financial future for the next couple of seasons at least.

No player is bigger than the club and until we get a rich owner we will always have to be a selling club.

Half a million might just cover winning the next round of the FA Cup, promotion and higher gates in league 1. All probable with Hogan in the team. All highly unlikely without. I'd rather see the club take the risk rather than just rolling over for that much. If it's substantially higher than that then fair enough.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:28 - Jan 8 with 2530 viewsTVOS1907

Wonder what the chances are of them letting him stay with us until the end of the season, a la Dawson?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:28 - Jan 8 with 2523 viewsONTHEUP

Agree with sandylaner where will the goals come from if he does go hopefully hilly has got a replacement sorted dagnall any one
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:29 - Jan 8 with 2512 viewsKenBoon

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:21 - Jan 8 by SalwaDale

True. But the price isn't that.

I personally think it's a bad move for the lad. So what if they're paying him double what he gets here. He's still learning. If things go wrong at Peterborough it could destroy his career. If he has faith in his ability you keep working hard and then move to a bigger club for bigger money and with a more secure foundation to his career.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:29 - Jan 8 with 2509 viewsDaley_Lama

£500k?

The transfer fee will of course be, erm, undisclosed as always, leading to speculation etc.

Poll: DF in or out

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:29 - Jan 8 with 2506 viewsTTNYear

You're not the first to suggest that... i.e Daggers
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 20:30]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:29 - Jan 8 with 2497 viewsjudd

As said earlier, there is a snag. Perhaps the player does not want to go.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:32 - Jan 8 with 2443 viewssykeboy

suspect the offer will be to good to turn down and hilly will have given his blessing if the deal does go through , the hold up if twitter is true could be that any replacements are not sorted would love to see dagnal return
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:32 - Jan 8 with 2443 viewsisitme

I would hardly say promotion is probable, possible, yes, but not probable.

What about the player? If somebody offered you the chance to more than double your wages would you do it?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:33 - Jan 8 with 2417 viewsroccydaleian

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:29 - Jan 8 by judd

Another Tweet on BBC Cambs sport says the move is a long way from completion.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:33 - Jan 8 with 2411 viewsChaffRAFC

If Keith Hill has allowed this transfer then I'm happy to go with it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:35 - Jan 8 with 2386 viewsTVOS1907

Didn't Posh sign Dwight Gayle this time last year?

We need a sell-on like Dagenham had.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:37 - Jan 8 with 2349 viewsrochdale1987

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:35 - Jan 8 by TVOS1907

Didn't Posh sign Dwight Gayle this time last year?

We need a sell-on like Dagenham had.

Then they sold him for 8 mill! Definately need sell ons all over it.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:38 - Jan 8 with 2315 viewsDorsetDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:29 - Jan 8 by judd

I'm sure Hogan will obviously listen to Hilly and the club but reckon he'll take greatest counsel from his dad. If that is the case, I believe only silly money would persuade him to leave.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:40 - Jan 8 with 2294 viewssandylaner1

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:20 - Jan 8 by isitme

you dont think i know we are a stepping stone/selling club

its barely into January and this has already happened

we were under budget according to hill without recruiting anyone and that was before the FA cup run

*refer to my post on page 1*
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:44 - Jan 8 with 2228 viewsTTNYear

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:40 - Jan 8 by sandylaner1

you dont think i know we are a stepping stone/selling club

its barely into January and this has already happened

we were under budget according to hill without recruiting anyone and that was before the FA cup run

*refer to my post on page 1*

It's easier if you accept we are a selling club and when a club comes in waving a wad of cash then players will leave. It's easier on your heart and soul. It happened with Peter Costello... It's now happening with Hogan. Like the dirty scummy United fan said... If Hill has sanctioned it then I'm happy. He will no doubt have someone lined up to replace him.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:47 - Jan 8 with 2173 viewssandylaner1

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:44 - Jan 8 by TTNYear

It's easier if you accept we are a selling club and when a club comes in waving a wad of cash then players will leave. It's easier on your heart and soul. It happened with Peter Costello... It's now happening with Hogan. Like the dirty scummy United fan said... If Hill has sanctioned it then I'm happy. He will no doubt have someone lined up to replace him.

yes febian fking brandy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024