Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough bid for Hogan 20:10 - Jan 7 with 52771 viewsoddjob007

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:48 - Jan 8 with 2822 viewssweetcorn

I'm with sandylaner here. Its gonna have to be silly money to make this even slightly justifiable. We are working under budget, in a healthy position in the league and part way through a lucrative cup run.

This just sceeams out a lacl of ambition and dunphy should be ashamed. Why cant we do what other clubs do and let him fire us to promotion, thensell him, cconsidering he's UNDER CONTRACT.

Really leaves a bitter taste for me this.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:50 - Jan 8 with 2784 viewsTTNYear

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:47 - Jan 8 by sandylaner1

yes febian fking brandy

If.... And it is an if... Then I'd back Hill polishing a turd.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:50 - Jan 8 with 2781 viewsDorsetDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:48 - Jan 8 by sweetcorn

I'm with sandylaner here. Its gonna have to be silly money to make this even slightly justifiable. We are working under budget, in a healthy position in the league and part way through a lucrative cup run.

This just sceeams out a lacl of ambition and dunphy should be ashamed. Why cant we do what other clubs do and let him fire us to promotion, thensell him, cconsidering he's UNDER CONTRACT.

How can it leave a bad taste when none of us yet know any details?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:51 - Jan 8 with 2762 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:47 - Jan 8 by sandylaner1

yes febian fking brandy

But if that is what Hill wants and is happy with, then it's down to him. It's been said time and again in this thread, Hill is the most important person in all this, nobody else.

If he's in anyway affected by selling Hogan, then we shouldn't. If he sees it as a good deal and one we can move on from and become better, then that's why he's the manager. This is where we as a fanbase will expect, in time, excellent communication from the club to set minds at rest.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:52 - Jan 8 with 2746 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:48 - Jan 8 by sweetcorn

Again, I find it hard to disagree - unless Posh are talking in the region of £750k to £1 mill, which I doubt.

Let's wait and see...

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:54 - Jan 8 with 2683 viewsKenBoon

I've spoken to two people about this. Their response "typical".

There's being a selling club and there's being an open shop. Far too often we're an open shop. It doesn't really attract new fans.

I'm a Football Fan. When you tell me the finances are good I don't expect our players to be sold easily. I don't take any pride on not being in debt. If I cared about supporting finances i'd buy shares. I don't. I am a Football Fan. You can achieve success without going bankrupt, although reading some peoples opinions apparently this is impossible.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:55 - Jan 8 with 2629 viewsNewbury_Dale

Surely the club can afford to wait until the summer ?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:57 - Jan 8 with 2578 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:55 - Jan 8 by Newbury_Dale

Surely the club can afford to wait until the summer ?

You would think, unless the figure to buy now is in the region I mentioned above...

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:58 - Jan 8 with 2561 viewssandylaner1

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:51 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

But if that is what Hill wants and is happy with, then it's down to him. It's been said time and again in this thread, Hill is the most important person in all this, nobody else.

If he's in anyway affected by selling Hogan, then we shouldn't. If he sees it as a good deal and one we can move on from and become better, then that's why he's the manager. This is where we as a fanbase will expect, in time, excellent communication from the club to set minds at rest.

of course you are right and i'm with hill all the way but its still disappointing news and i'm angry. the club is already late on keeping the fans in the know

saturday was amazing but less than a week later this...
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:59 - Jan 8 with 2541 viewsnordenblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:54 - Jan 8 by KenBoon

There's being a selling club and there's being an open shop. Far too often we're an open shop. It doesn't really attract new fans.

I'm a Football Fan. When you tell me the finances are good I don't expect our players to be sold easily. I don't take any pride on not being in debt. If I cared about supporting finances i'd buy shares. I don't. I am a Football Fan. You can achieve success without going bankrupt, although reading some peoples opinions apparently this is impossible.

Id hazard a guess that Posh will have dipped their toe first of all with a below value offer, saying that a standard 300k bid generally satisfies the seller in recent times?!
I'll be highly disgusted if the fee isnt a ridiculous amount as hes shown enough promise to be one of the best all round strikers the clubs ever produced even more so considering his age.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:00 - Jan 8 with 2516 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:57 - Jan 8 by fitzochris

You would think, unless the figure to buy now is in the region I mentioned above...

Peterborough are fast losing touch in the race for automatic promotion, when a month or so ago they were flying. These types of club might be prepared to pay more at this time of year than they would in any other situation.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:00 - Jan 8 with 2509 viewsDorsetDale

This time last year we were starting to believe we would soon become another ex league club. I'd say since then there's been rapid improvement all round the club and belief among the fan base. If that isn't success, you're using a different measuring tool than me.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:00 - Jan 8 with 2502 viewssandylaner1

word.

100% this
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:02 - Jan 8 with 2462 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:00 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

Peterborough are fast losing touch in the race for automatic promotion, when a month or so ago they were flying. These types of club might be prepared to pay more at this time of year than they would in any other situation.

Yep, so again, if the money they're offering is anything above £750k with a sell on clause, I'd not be anywhere near as disgruntled at the prospect of losing Hogan as I am at the minute.

We can but hope.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:02 - Jan 8 with 2460 viewsisitme

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 20:58 - Jan 8 by sandylaner1

of course you are right and i'm with hill all the way but its still disappointing news and i'm angry. the club is already late on keeping the fans in the know

saturday was amazing but less than a week later this...

Late keeping the fans in the know about what?

There is no news until a deal is complete or it falls through. The club can then release either that he has signed for Peterborough, a bid was made but terms could not be agreed or they could say nothing.

The club will not make a press release every time an offer for a player has been made and nor should they.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 21:03]
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:03 - Jan 8 with 2440 viewsHopwoodblue

If it secures our future for the next two years then so it, many clubs bigger than ours are plying their trade outside the football league. I want to continue watching league football till I can watch no more. I bought my first season ticket in the 73/74 season which was bad enough but it got a lot worse than that. Compared to those days I'm leaving the dream. We are no longer a joke and are quite well respected. Be thankful for what we have and becareful what you wish for. Promotion would be great,but having a football club in Rochdale playing league football is a whole lot better.
What I would agree with though is, that it has to be a fair price.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 21:08]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:05 - Jan 8 with 2388 viewsTTNYear

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:02 - Jan 8 by fitzochris

Yep, so again, if the money they're offering is anything above £750k with a sell on clause, I'd not be anywhere near as disgruntled at the prospect of losing Hogan as I am at the minute.

We can but hope.

I very much doubt it's anywhere near that... But let's stay chipper and hope

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:07 - Jan 8 with 2365 views442Dale

And this is why, if the deal happens, the club have to be very good in their communication. Not only to fans but to the footballing world and those fans who turned up on Saturday but rarely do at any other time

It makes perfect sense when you read the interview with Dunphy in the Telegraph. It fits the business model. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/fa-cup/10547736/FA-Cup-Ro

“It is part of the process, but it is the module that myself and Keith are working to, in terms of being a development club, which we have to be to make ends meet.

If we were only as effective with such business off the pitch. However, it really is wait and see on a few issues, for now we have to accept that.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:09 - Jan 8 with 2333 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:03 - Jan 8 by Hopwoodblue

If it secures our future for the next two years then so it, many clubs bigger than ours are plying their trade outside the football league. I want to continue watching league football till I can watch no more. I bought my first season ticket in the 73/74 season which was bad enough but it got a lot worse than that. Compared to those days I'm leaving the dream. We are no longer a joke and are quite well respected. Be thankful for what we have and becareful what you wish for. Promotion would be great,but having a football club in Rochdale playing league football is a whole lot better.
What I would agree with though is, that it has to be a fair price.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 21:08]

Yes it is. Of course it is. But it doesn't mean we should accept it when the club acts like Dale Winton and other clubs act like contestants on Supermarket Sweep when it comes to our players.

Now, again, I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but on the limited info we have, we face losing our best player just a few months into a two-year contract. It's okay to be disgruntled about it.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:09 - Jan 8 with 2314 views49thseason

Hilly alluded to the problems of being sucessful before the January window a few weeks ago - there will inevitably be clubs looking to relieve us of our best players for silly money. The question everyone has identified is very simple, what is the value of a young, inexperienced striker? The answer in the case of Dwight Gayle was about £3m (because D&R got a £1m sell on payment). If we were to get a health £500K now with the prospect of a further £1m in sell on fees you would have to regard it as brilliant business in my opinion.
I have every confidence that KH has considered his options in case one or more of this squad were to be levered out during January and I have no doubt that whoever comes in will be a proper replacement capable of scoring the missing goals. I only hope the likes of Lund and Henderson are currently far enough under the radar / beyond the age range required to atttract attention, or maybe Keith is thinking Bunney may be ready to step up?

Gosh its fun being a Dale supporter with these kind of problems isn't it! Especially one who remembers when we didn't have any players to sell or even a pot to pish in.
Que sera sera
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:11 - Jan 8 with 2278 viewsRochblue

Hm, there seems to be a distinct lack of anything about this on the Peterborough forums. apart from:

"The latest rumours I have heard are: -

Curtis Nelson and Luke Young from Plymouth Argyle
Sam Winnall - Scunthorpe

And Hogan from Rochdale which I also heard yesterday"

to which a reply...

"That same source that predicts Luke Freeman will be signing during EVERY transfer window for the last 2 years..."

If a substantial bid has been made we simply cannot afford to just ignore or reject it, regardless of who wants him to stay (except for the player himself, maybe), or what situation we're in with regards to cup progression and promotion chances (which are just that, chances) - there's always going to be a line where we simply can't afford to turn it down. Same with any club who lives within it's means.

Fortunately, we've pretty much always been good at chalking up a deal that best for all parties.

All we can do is wait, I guess.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:14 - Jan 8 with 2234 views442Dale

BBC Cambs name Barry Fry as the source. If nothing else, we should be going back and asking for more because he chose to go public.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:16 - Jan 8 with 2185 viewsdale_spotland

Wouldn't be surprised if what's holding the deal up is Hilly waiting to get a replacement signed up before letting Hogan go.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:17 - Jan 8 with 2153 viewsClivert

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:09 - Jan 8 by 49thseason

Hilly alluded to the problems of being sucessful before the January window a few weeks ago - there will inevitably be clubs looking to relieve us of our best players for silly money. The question everyone has identified is very simple, what is the value of a young, inexperienced striker? The answer in the case of Dwight Gayle was about £3m (because D&R got a £1m sell on payment). If we were to get a health £500K now with the prospect of a further £1m in sell on fees you would have to regard it as brilliant business in my opinion.
I have every confidence that KH has considered his options in case one or more of this squad were to be levered out during January and I have no doubt that whoever comes in will be a proper replacement capable of scoring the missing goals. I only hope the likes of Lund and Henderson are currently far enough under the radar / beyond the age range required to atttract attention, or maybe Keith is thinking Bunney may be ready to step up?

Gosh its fun being a Dale supporter with these kind of problems isn't it! Especially one who remembers when we didn't have any players to sell or even a pot to pish in.
Que sera sera

This time last year we had one sellable player who was under investigation for making racist remarks during the course of a game.

What a difference a year makes.

As said above if Keith Hill is happy with he deal then it will be in the best interest of the club.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:18 - Jan 8 with 2142 viewsKenBoon

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:00 - Jan 8 by DorsetDale

This time last year we were starting to believe we would soon become another ex league club. I'd say since then there's been rapid improvement all round the club and belief among the fan base. If that isn't success, you're using a different measuring tool than me.

The improvements are a huge success. But I don't believe that merely existing is being successful. I'd hate to see us slip back into our old ways. Is it coincidence that when we've been ambitious we've also kept the wolf from the door?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024