Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough bid for Hogan 20:10 - Jan 7 with 51749 viewsoddjob007

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:21 - Jan 8 with 2888 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:17 - Jan 8 by RotherhamDale

I want to see my football team win matches and get as high up the footballing ladder as possible.

'Surviving' isn't success, promotion is success.

We don't need to sell, so unless the bid is ridiculous, then don't bother.

(we will of course, and the fans will lap it up saying 'it had to be done.' No wonder the team has been shit for 100 odd years)

The team has been far from shit when doing it though. The most successful period in the club's history which culminated in our highest ever league position was achieved by selling players along the way.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:25 - Jan 8 with 2843 viewsTheViewFromRowZ

I'm with Sandylaner1 on this, staggering if true, but not unexpected. The board say they are ambitious, they bring back Hill, back him to the hills with his signings, and once again (if proven true) leave him yet again having to replace one of his best players, in the worst time of the season. These are not the actions of an ambitious club, no matter what they say, the truth is that as soon as someone comes in with the first bid it gets accepted, year in year out.

We can have numerous threads about boosting attendances at the club etc, but at the end of the day, the potential fans will be looking at stories like this and thinking "typical rochdale" and it is these fans who we will lose to other clubs.

this club sometimes is so short sighted they need to go to specsavers...
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 22:27]
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:27 - Jan 8 with 2820 viewsantmarina

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:25 - Jan 8 by TheViewFromRowZ

I'm with Sandylaner1 on this, staggering if true, but not unexpected. The board say they are ambitious, they bring back Hill, back him to the hills with his signings, and once again (if proven true) leave him yet again having to replace one of his best players, in the worst time of the season. These are not the actions of an ambitious club, no matter what they say, the truth is that as soon as someone comes in with the first bid it gets accepted, year in year out.

We can have numerous threads about boosting attendances at the club etc, but at the end of the day, the potential fans will be looking at stories like this and thinking "typical rochdale" and it is these fans who we will lose to other clubs.

According to someone on Twitter, Birmingham are interested in a loan with a view to permanent transfer...
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:31 - Jan 8 with 2785 viewsRotherhamDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:21 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

The team has been far from shit when doing it though. The most successful period in the club's history which culminated in our highest ever league position was achieved by selling players along the way.

And why is our highest ever league position outside the playoffs in league one? Because we sell our best players as its good in the short term.

If we are in a decent financial position, then why not build a team that may even get us out of league one?

Better team on the pitch = Success off the pitch (crowds, sponsorship, tv bla bla bla)

Possession with progression.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:32 - Jan 8 with 2768 viewsTalkingSutty

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 21:52 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

I'm surprised at that tbh Shun.

I'm sick to death of people who've "spoken to their mates/relatives/cat" whose opinion is "typical Rochdale"

All I can say is there are a lot of people out there with massive illusions about what being a lower league football team is about. D_Dale got it bang on when he pointed out that some of our best results were achieved when Hogan was injured.

He's not irreplaceable.

Well said, that post of Ken Boons is the complete opposite of mine.The finances of the club are always paramount and anybody who suggested real football fans dont care is talking stupid.

Regarding Scott Hogan from what i have seen he is an improving league two forward and all of a sudden he is the best thing since sliced bread, well he isnt. He is still very raw with a lot to learn and talk of half a million transfers is laughable. Some fans are over reacting and Hogan needs to get his head down and improve his allround game yet.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:36 - Jan 8 with 2716 viewsroccydaleian

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:25 - Jan 8 by TheViewFromRowZ

Promotion season, we sold Alfie to Rotherham, everyone was in uproar. The rest is history.
What will be, will be.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:37 - Jan 8 with 2694 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:32 - Jan 8 by TalkingSutty

Well said, that post of Ken Boons is the complete opposite of mine.The finances of the club are always paramount and anybody who suggested real football fans dont care is talking stupid.

Regarding Scott Hogan from what i have seen he is an improving league two forward and all of a sudden he is the best thing since sliced bread, well he isnt. He is still very raw with a lot to learn and talk of half a million transfers is laughable. Some fans are over reacting and Hogan needs to get his head down and improve his allround game yet.

Agree on a lot of that, finances are king. But, if a deal has been agreed, as per BBC Cambs, raw or not we have to have a figure in mind. As we're in the middle of the season, that figure has to be more than it might be in the summer.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:37 - Jan 8 with 2692 viewsSalwaDale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:32 - Jan 8 by TalkingSutty

As ever TS, we seem in agreement on this one.

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:37 - Jan 8 with 2687 viewsTVOS1907

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:21 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

And selling Hogan might mean we can turn down potential bids for the likes of Henderson and Lund.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:38 - Jan 8 with 2669 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:36 - Jan 8 by roccydaleian

Promotion season, we sold Alfie to Rotherham, everyone was in uproar. The rest is history.
What will be, will be.

But we had to sell Alfie. Back to communication again, if a deal does happen (big if), an explanation will help ease any disappointments.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:40 - Jan 8 with 2646 viewsRochblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:27 - Jan 8 by antmarina

According to someone on Twitter, Birmingham are interested in a loan with a view to permanent transfer...

What was the story of how we managed to sign him when apparently Birmingham were on the brink of snapping him up pre-season?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hyde-endeavo
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:41 - Jan 8 with 2634 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:37 - Jan 8 by TVOS1907

And selling Hogan might mean we can turn down potential bids for the likes of Henderson and Lund.

Indeed. Just as selling Buckley meant we kept Dagnall and Kennedy.

Got a feeling that with the name Barry Fry appearing, this could be classic transfer window media explosion. We'll see.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:42 - Jan 8 with 2627 viewsRotherhamDale

I don't understand what Barry Fry is trying to achieve in making this public (if true, of course.)

Is he trying to pressure the club/player into quickening up the transfer? Is he trying to issue a 'hands off' warning to other potential buyers?

Very strange.

Possession with progression.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:43 - Jan 8 with 2617 viewsTVOS1907

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:42 - Jan 8 by RotherhamDale

I don't understand what Barry Fry is trying to achieve in making this public (if true, of course.)

Is he trying to pressure the club/player into quickening up the transfer? Is he trying to issue a 'hands off' warning to other potential buyers?

Very strange.

He's still annoyed at us for almost pipping Barnet to the play-offs in 1991/92.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:47 - Jan 8 with 2571 viewsroccydaleian

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:38 - Jan 8 by 442Dale

But we had to sell Alfie. Back to communication again, if a deal does happen (big if), an explanation will help ease any disappointments.

Correct 442. My point is, is that if Hogan does go, it might not be as disasterous as some people are making out.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:49 - Jan 8 with 2548 viewsD_Alien

Exactly the point

We HAD to sell Alfie after three consecutive years of relative success including 2 x playoffs plus Wembley and steadily rising gates

Some people seem to think that a couple of wins in the FA Cup and we can afford to smoke cigars

Before Alfie, there was Glenn Murray and Will Buckley - Will being a better player at his age than Scott Hogan is. We were promoted without them.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:52 - Jan 8 with 2510 viewsTalkingSutty

If they offer enough money and the sell ons are good then lets do the deal. I would imagine Scott would want the deal to happen. You cant keep players if their heads have been turned, whats the point?

This is why we brought Hilly back, he brings on saleable assets and isnt daft enough to know we have to sell if the price is right. If the deal goes through then Dunphy has to help Hilly by financing him in recruiting a replacement. Only sell if the price and details are right though.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:53 - Jan 8 with 2508 viewsBeckWMG

Read all the thread. It surprises me sometimes how people think we can afford to keep the likes of Hogan etc no problem at all.

The reason we are a decently run club unlike the "buckets" down the road and the likes of County and Macclesfield are because we are a selling club and more importantly we have a FANTASTIC chairman that knows this.

We will be a selling club for as long as our average crowd remains the same.
Just be glad that we have a manager who can spot a great player where other managers can't.

If we sell Hogan, and it is an if.... Then I'm sure KH will find a good enough replacement and we'll be just fine.

If you want my honest opinion, then I think Scott would be silly to move now to somewhere he's not guaranteed first team football and if not careful, he could end up being another Dawson.

But either way, I'm happy.

Up the Dale.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:55 - Jan 8 with 2483 viewsDaleFan7

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:49 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

Exactly the point

We HAD to sell Alfie after three consecutive years of relative success including 2 x playoffs plus Wembley and steadily rising gates

Some people seem to think that a couple of wins in the FA Cup and we can afford to smoke cigars

Before Alfie, there was Glenn Murray and Will Buckley - Will being a better player at his age than Scott Hogan is. We were promoted without them.

Disagree. Hogan is a better player than Buckley was. You can't just replace a 20 goal a season striker just like that.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:59 - Jan 8 with 2438 viewsTalkingSutty

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:53 - Jan 8 by BeckWMG

Read all the thread. It surprises me sometimes how people think we can afford to keep the likes of Hogan etc no problem at all.

The reason we are a decently run club unlike the "buckets" down the road and the likes of County and Macclesfield are because we are a selling club and more importantly we have a FANTASTIC chairman that knows this.

Just be glad that we have a manager who can spot a great player where other managers can't.

If we sell Hogan, and it is an if.... Then I'm sure KH will find a good enough replacement and we'll be just fine.

If you want my honest opinion, then I think Scott would be silly to move now to somewhere he's not guaranteed first team football and if not careful, he could end up being another Dawson.

Up the Dale.

Good post.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:59 - Jan 8 with 2433 viewsD_Alien

Just watch Hilly do it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:59 - Jan 8 with 2424 views442Dale

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:52 - Jan 8 by TalkingSutty

If they offer enough money and the sell ons are good then lets do the deal. I would imagine Scott would want the deal to happen. You cant keep players if their heads have been turned, whats the point?

This is why we brought Hilly back, he brings on saleable assets and isnt daft enough to know we have to sell if the price is right. If the deal goes through then Dunphy has to help Hilly by financing him in recruiting a replacement. Only sell if the price and details are right though.

Where is the club without Hill bringing on saleable assets? Say it doesn't happen for a couple of years, or if we have a different manager?

Is this part of a thriving business plan involving all areas of the club which support each other?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 23:01]

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:02 - Jan 8 with 2389 viewsValleySaddler

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 22:53 - Jan 8 by BeckWMG

Up the Dale.

Excellent post,my sentiments on Hogan at this stage of his career echo yours.....
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:03 - Jan 8 with 2381 viewsmacro

So if a deal has been agreed, what is the snag?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 23:04 - Jan 8 with 2375 viewsThacks_Rabbits

700k and no clauses according to Posh supporting friend - they also put a time limit on accept or forget it. Guessing we want clauses.

Also Costello only left as Sutton wanted him out - he did not want to go - thats from the horses mouth so to speak :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024