Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough bid for Hogan 20:10 - Jan 7 with 52812 viewsoddjob007

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:10 - Jan 9 with 2875 views100notout

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:32 - Jan 9 by fitzochris

I think this thread has reached a plateau until new and concrete info comes to light.

We all have our own views on this deal, but we are all speculating until we know:

- How much Posh are offering
- What sell-on clauses we are insisting on
- Whether or not Hogan wants to leave
- Whether or not Hilly has been forewarned and has a replacement lined up to immediately step in.

This thread has brought a wry smile to my face and it shows how we as fans are at polar extremes to our giggling neighbours down the road.

They have Day in charge.
They swallow everything they are told.
They don't question anything.

We however
Have a chairman who lives and breathes Rochdale AFC, is a lifelong fan, has a vast experience of running the club, knows what he's talking about and most important ALWAYS has the best interests of the club at heart.

Yet we continue to question what he does / should do. We insist on knowing every minute detail of every single development. We insist on the club making public statements.

We all have opinions - its part of being a football fan but I do think some on this messageboard can go a bit overboard at times like this. I hope we never get as complacent / naive / stupid as a lot (not all) of the bury fans but lets put things in perspective here and let CD get on and deal with any interest from other clubs (Lets not forget - this is all still speculation!)

I'm absolutely confident CD will work with Hill and do whatever is best for the club.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:12 - Jan 9 with 2854 viewsDaley_Lama

200+ post threads are rare on here and should be celebrated.

They are normally

Match threads
Competition threads
Joke threads
Idiotic Charlton Fan threads

All hail the double century, aka daddy tons.

Poll: DF in or out

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:15 - Jan 9 with 2830 viewsTrue_Blue2

I wonder what Barry's definition of a "big bid" is? The most they've ever paid is £1.25M.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:19 - Jan 9 with 2795 viewslurker

£500k + Nicky Ajose

Would do for me if we have to sell

Money in the bank and a replacement goalscorer
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:20 - Jan 9 with 2786 viewsdingdangblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:03 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

Yes, I know you know its the January window!!

Is it the club's fault that offers start coming in just as we're into a cup run?

No.

Can they do anything to dissuade Hogan from leaving, even if the price is right?

Yes, and I'm sure that's exactly whats been happening since buying clubs first started to register interest - months ago I would imagine, not yesterday.

The chairman and Hilly weren't born then, either. Give them some credit and if the sale goes through, try to accept that its in the best interests of all concerned, not because they're a bunch of fools.

Hey I know Dunphy and Hill aren't fools and maybe it was a massive offer , too much to turn down for a player Hill brought here for nowt ( I wonder if Hilly has some sort of commission on players after his success the 1st time round )? All I know is we sold Buckley for 200k and 12 months later he's sold for 1million. A similar story with Lambert. Who knows what Hogan could be worth with another giant killing goal behind him, a promotion to lge1 and a lge2 top scorer award? Personally I would wait 6 months. But it sounds like he's gone if bigmouth Barry is to be believed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:26 - Jan 9 with 2737 viewsnordenblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:00 - Jan 9 by Newbury_Dale

If the audio interview is credible (and I've not listened to it), then assumption is that the club has already accepted the bid made by Posh. So it's gone beyond speculation now surely ?

Surely a statement just saying a bid has/may have been accepted is a waste of time just yet until all the exact details are signed and sealed, then at least theres some information to release ie length of contract, transfer fee(undisclosed)etc etc and a bit of a parting comment from both parties?
Until the deal is done im afraid it is all speculation, even though it would appear a deal is imminent
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:32 - Jan 9 with 2699 viewsD_Alien

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:20 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

Hey I know Dunphy and Hill aren't fools and maybe it was a massive offer , too much to turn down for a player Hill brought here for nowt ( I wonder if Hilly has some sort of commission on players after his success the 1st time round )? All I know is we sold Buckley for 200k and 12 months later he's sold for 1million. A similar story with Lambert. Who knows what Hogan could be worth with another giant killing goal behind him, a promotion to lge1 and a lge2 top scorer award? Personally I would wait 6 months. But it sounds like he's gone if bigmouth Barry is to be believed.

But if the player wants to go...

(Sorry, I'm repeating myself, and I shouldn't need to ???)

And if the latest hearsay/speculation/drivel is to be believed, and its Hogan's agent who's holding things up, that suggests Hogan is more than willing.

Fitzochris and norden blue have it right - but trying to stem the tide of speculation would be just as impossible as holding a player to his contract who wants to be elsewhere!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:43 - Jan 9 with 2633 viewsTalkingSutty

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:10 - Jan 9 by 100notout

This thread has brought a wry smile to my face and it shows how we as fans are at polar extremes to our giggling neighbours down the road.

They have Day in charge.
They swallow everything they are told.
They don't question anything.

We however
Have a chairman who lives and breathes Rochdale AFC, is a lifelong fan, has a vast experience of running the club, knows what he's talking about and most important ALWAYS has the best interests of the club at heart.

Yet we continue to question what he does / should do. We insist on knowing every minute detail of every single development. We insist on the club making public statements.

We all have opinions - its part of being a football fan but I do think some on this messageboard can go a bit overboard at times like this. I hope we never get as complacent / naive / stupid as a lot (not all) of the bury fans but lets put things in perspective here and let CD get on and deal with any interest from other clubs (Lets not forget - this is all still speculation!)

I'm absolutely confident CD will work with Hill and do whatever is best for the club.

Its because a lot of the loyal Dale fans believe the club is ours and the Chairman is an extension of the fans, lets face it he is one of us.

Since the days of the "fighting fund" and walking around the pitch at half time with blankets so fans could throw in money to help keep the club afloat, the fans have always helped the club financially (some used to even turn up on Sunday mornings to paint the ground).

We now have the Dale Trust and look how that has been supported over the years by events such as the Accrington Walk etc. We also have individuals who give up their spare time to help the club like TVOS (sorry for embarrassing you) and many more.

We are a set of miserable, whining buggers at times but our love for the club is unquestionable. Seeing the club financially stable with a few quid in the bank is something that we could only of dreamed about in the late 70s/80s, look at us now and look at our nice stadium.

So yes, its important that we have to know what the club is doing and its only right that we are kept informed regarding the financial health of the club, there is no doubt Chris Dunphy will do whats right to get the best deal for the club.

The fans will always ask questions regarding the state of the club and the day to day activities and that's how it should be.
Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:46 - Jan 9 with 2618 viewsdingdangblue

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:32 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

But if the player wants to go...

(Sorry, I'm repeating myself, and I shouldn't need to ???)

And if the latest hearsay/speculation/drivel is to be believed, and its Hogan's agent who's holding things up, that suggests Hogan is more than willing.

Fitzochris and norden blue have it right - but trying to stem the tide of speculation would be just as impossible as holding a player to his contract who wants to be elsewhere!

Yeah because Peterborough is such a massive club to turn a players head.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:50 - Jan 9 with 2586 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:46 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

While I completely agree Hogan is better than Peterborough, we cannot deny that they can pay him a lot more than we can.

If that's what maters to the lad (and it does to most of us supporters in our working lives), then he'll want to go.

In terms of football, I think it would be a mistake to go to Posh just a few months into his first pro contract. He'll learn a lot more about the game staying here until the end of the season - plus he'll be better equipped to make any step up.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:51 - Jan 9 with 2584 viewssandylaner1

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:46 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

unfortunately as a big utd fan he may want to play for Ferguson jnr
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:53 - Jan 9 with 2572 viewsTalkingSutty

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:50 - Jan 9 by fitzochris

While I completely agree Hogan is better than Peterborough, we cannot deny that they can pay him a lot more than we can.

If that's what maters to the lad (and it does to most of us supporters in our working lives), then he'll want to go.

In terms of football, I think it would be a mistake to go to Posh just a few months into his first pro contract. He'll learn a lot more about the game staying here until the end of the season - plus he'll be better equipped to make any step up.

I really want him to stay but I really want the dosh as well. How about a compromise, we sell him to Posh and they loan him back to us until the end of the season
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:57 - Jan 9 with 2542 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:53 - Jan 9 by TalkingSutty

I really want him to stay but I really want the dosh as well. How about a compromise, we sell him to Posh and they loan him back to us until the end of the season

Sounds good to me but, as someone else pointed out, the fee is no doubt hefty as Posh want Hogan to help resurrect their automatic promotion charge.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:04 - Jan 9 with 2500 viewsBigKindo

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 11:19 - Jan 9 by lurker

£500k + Nicky Ajose

Would do for me if we have to sell

Money in the bank and a replacement goalscorer

..and would the £ 500k cover a two year contract for Ajose?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:04 - Jan 9 with 2495 viewsTrue_Blue2

Don't know how reliable this article is ... http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/football-league/38098-fa-cup-hero-rejects-posh-d

"Rochdale FA Cup hero Scott Hogan has turned down a move to Darren Ferguson's Peterborough United - over personal terms.

Hogan has been a sensation for Dale this season and the clubs agreed a deal worth up to £1 million.

But the forward, 21, - given a second crack at the Football League by Rochdale - snubbed the move because the wage offer was so low.

Having played for Rochdale in the 2010-11 season, Hogan then returned to the side in May 2013 where he has since made 19 appearances and notched up 10 goals. Hogan got on the scoresheet when he helped cause an upset in the third round of the FA Cup when his side knocked out Leeds United."
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:05 - Jan 9 with 2490 viewsBigKindo

The team and subs bench selection on Saturday might answer a few questions perhaps?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:09 - Jan 9 with 2448 viewsfitzochris

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:04 - Jan 9 by True_Blue2

Don't know how reliable this article is ... http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/football-league/38098-fa-cup-hero-rejects-posh-d

"Rochdale FA Cup hero Scott Hogan has turned down a move to Darren Ferguson's Peterborough United - over personal terms.

Hogan has been a sensation for Dale this season and the clubs agreed a deal worth up to £1 million.

But the forward, 21, - given a second crack at the Football League by Rochdale - snubbed the move because the wage offer was so low.

Having played for Rochdale in the 2010-11 season, Hogan then returned to the side in May 2013 where he has since made 19 appearances and notched up 10 goals. Hogan got on the scoresheet when he helped cause an upset in the third round of the FA Cup when his side knocked out Leeds United."

"A deal worth up to £1million" is a deal that would've been too good to turn down.

The accuracy of this is, of course, up for debate.

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:11 - Jan 9 with 2424 viewslurker

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:04 - Jan 9 by BigKindo

..and would the £ 500k cover a two year contract for Ajose?

I should bleeding well hope so
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:12 - Jan 9 with 2408 viewsMass_Debater

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 01:13 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

I really don't see the point of selling him so soon into his 1st pro contract. Whatever money Peterborough are offering - how much will he be worth if he puts Sheff Weds out of the cup, we draw a prem team in the 5th rnd and he scores against them, what if he ends up lge2 top scorer and gets us to Wembley? Its too soon to sell - for once in a lifetime the club needs to show some ambition. Do we really need the money now as opposed to at the end of the season?

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:14 - Jan 9 with 2381 viewsMass_Debater

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 01:42 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

No selling Buckley didn't cost us promotion but Hilly has always stated how angry he was when we sold Glenn Murray in the Jan of our Centenary Season - yes we got to the play off final but Hill believes selling Murray cost us promotion.

Would Glenn Murray have scored any more goals than Rene Howe?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:15 - Jan 9 with 2351 viewsD_Alien

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:04 - Jan 9 by True_Blue2

IF this turns out to be correct (and it might not be the end of the deal even if it is), I strongly suspect (speculate) that Hogan's agent will know the T&C's for the other strikers at the club and that Hogan would have been on a lesser deal than them - implying that he might not have been first choice.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:16 - Jan 9 with 2336 viewsMass_Debater

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 09:31 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

But we are in the middle of a very successful season both in the cup and league. What message is it giving out if we sell our top scorer and best player (in my opinion) at the 1st sniff of interest. 700k is a massive amount but we don't need to sell now - I would take 700k anyday once this season is over. We can say no for once. The timing is awful.

How do you know we don't need to sell now? How do you know we would get offered £700K in the summer?

Despite all the assurances about being under budget, etc, we're getting crowds under 2500 and that can't be sustained long term.
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:18 - Jan 9 with 2295 viewsMass_Debater

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 10:32 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

I'm sure Hogan is ambitious and wants to get to the top, he is 6 months into his 1st pro contract though. He can double his wages in 6 months time when we sell him close season. As for timing - I know its the bleeding January window - Im more on about the timing of just having knocked Leeds out of the cup and the next round coming up in 2 wks - lets just knock the buzz out of the club by selling our top scorer eh?

How can we affect when other clubs make their interest known and table bids?

"Hold on Barry, old chap, can't you wait until our fans have had a week to enjoy the Leeds win?"

And what if nobody wants him in the summer?
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:23 - Jan 9 with 2264 viewsHarry_Dale

A player of Hogan's quality will certainly be missed in this Dale side, but I think even IF he does go, we can still maintain a strong promotion push.

We have quality in this squad, and in my opinion need to look no further than Matty Done to fill his boots! We have all seen his quality and when he's at his best, he's a match for anyone in this league! I think with a run of games in a position that suits him (although he nailed left back!), he'll be scoring for Dale regularly!

Sell Hogan, get the money, let Done save the day :)

Up the Dale!
Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:23 - Jan 9 with 2256 viewsMass_Debater

Peterborough bid for Hogan on 12:09 - Jan 9 by fitzochris

"A deal worth up to £1million" is a deal that would've been too good to turn down.

The accuracy of this is, of course, up for debate.

Lazy journalism no doubt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024